More pepper than salt.
    Eye Color
    Grey or Blue
    Build
    6'1, 185 lbs
    Job
    Defiler.

View Profile
    ((Asuka, I PMd you but didn’t get a response. Let me know if you’re not cool with the bunny and I’ll change my post around.))

By the time he thought to move, it was on him, the attack he should have seen coming, the assault that he should have evaded easily. Asuka had sprinted at him, her feet tiny pistons in the earth, her body a scarlet blur across the Cell floor. When she launched a vicious assault at him, he was able to turn slightly and rock to his heels before being ravaged by the terrible attack. He wouldn’t know what hurt for some time, his head knocking hard on the steel bars that lined the cell around the fence. The lights went out quickly, and as the world dulled he heard the passing of more fleet feet.

It was Damon moving past him, but he was nowhere near cognizant enough to stop the lad. The boy would continue on safely, and Veritas was in no position to challenge anyone. Were he to stand against any of them now, it would spell doom for him.

Urgh… whore… bring it together…

In his weakened state, he was not surprised to find himself alone again, Sarah Dahlios nowhere to be found, nowhere to aid him. It was fortunate, rather, that none took the opportunity to strike down a wounded man. He was certainly vulnerable enough, and hadn’t exactly found a home for himself amongst the upper echelon of Althanas’ most loved. After a few seconds, painful, punch-drunk moments that passed like hours, he could stumble forward, rocking himself to a crouch on unsteady feet. There was noise and screaming and chaos, but the disrupting element now was the smell of smoke.

Oh shit, it’s spreading much too fast…

And so this would be it. Damon and the demon thing were gone, out (could it be) through the fence and out of sight. A tumult from above, and he saw the goblin-thing leaving through a hole in the ceiling of the cage. Perhaps the only way out. Climbing to the top would be perilous, however, as he would be a sitting duck the whole time. Curiously, a pang of compassion hit him as he looked at the downed Asuka.

Yeah, you came for me, fair enough. Just payback, I suppose. Can’t die here, not like this. Not now.

The potential for being heralded as “heroic” didn’t escape him, and it was a romantic notion. He couldn’t climb the cage, he sure as hell couldn’t go through the weak fence, but there was another way. Suspending his hands inches around one of the fence rods, he fired a tremendous pulse of energy between his long fingers. At first, the resistance was negligible in the steel, but over the spanse of a few seconds he felt the heat to his palms. The metal softened, and finally yielded in a molten drip, the bar bending slightly. He repeated the process for a section lower on the same bar, the section falling to the ground with a gentle, hollow thud. Checking over his shoulders, he was forced to cover his face with a cloth covered hand as the smoke began to burn his eyes.

Not much time. Keep moving. Keep moving.

With a dagger in his hand, he sent his charge once more, the blade glowing a fiery orange in seconds. He was able to cleave the links of the fence quite easily with a smooth, sliding loop. The deliberate circular motion left a large section of fence falling to the ground, disconnected and lifeless. A giant mouse hole remained, and he felt perfect as the rat to sneak through. He lurched a foot through the metal before he stopped, turning in spite of himself.

Don’t leave the girl. You would deserve better, and so does she.

He fought with himself as he moved, unsure now of what he was doing. Textbook idiocy, suicidal, foolish, and irreparably moral. Hooking the warrior woman under her limp armpits, he turned her and dragged her back. Stuck in the back with a metal bar for his troubles as he tried to escape, he was met with well-wishers who quickly stepped forward to the scarlet-haired soldier, grabbing her with the intention of ushering her to safety. She would be fine.

Fine and set to kill you another day, you f*cking fool.

He was able to stumble outside in a drunken haze, relishing in the cool breath of fresh air as the inside burned to hell. There were still others inside, but he felt as though that Murakama girl had likely survived. He had done something good, but the smoke in his lungs forced him to hack half a lung in vile reproach of the entire set of events. It probably wouldn’t matter that he had helped, his equity of evil well founded upon Althanas.

But it felt damned good, he thought. Within a few moments, walking away from the amphitheater of brimstone and fire, he was searching suit pockets for a cigarette. This one would take some time to soak in.

EXP: 21,045, Level: 6
    Level completed: 15%, EXP required for next level: 5,955
    Level completed: 15%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,955
    GP

Name
    Sarah Dahlios
    Race
    Revanian Vampire (Mizami)
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'6" and you can guess for weight because she ain't telling...
    Job
    Thief

Sarah had been conspired against from the beginning. It seemed even the fates had decreed she be destroyed for her arrogance, for her ambition, for her pride. As she tried to stab the witch in the gut, all she got was a hip and a tear in what apparently was Chelsi's favorite skirt. The response was brutal as the growing lump on her head received yet another sharp rap, this time from the butt of a bokken. Pain seared into her as she felt the shot connect with the back of her skull.

What was supposed to be simple had turned ugly with the cheap shot from behind. As she fell to the ground the thorn she had grabbed slid from her grasp clattering across the field as she sprawled on the ground. Laying still she was going to play dead, try to get away. As she tried to wait for the witch to move on in the ensuing chaos, Sarah Dahlios was once again tormented, this time from within.

Pain began to flair up in every nerve of her body, causing her eyes to tear up in sympathy. She was trying to hold on, oh how she tried. As the pain overwhelmed her sense the hits to the head didn't seem so bad, compared to the pain that enveloped her, tried to embrace her to oblivion, sound, sight, and taste went out the window as the girl curled up into a ball trying to escape what she knew was Seth's fault.

The worst part came when she felt pain along her back, fresh and sharp. It was so overwhelming she nearly passed out. To the observer her back now had two sets of small cuts, opened in sympathy for what the other half of her soul was going through. They bled each one in roughly the pattern of the talons of a bird. As she lay still she let the pain envelope her, and tried to shrug it off, she didn't need to succumb, she couldn't afford to as the smoke hovered over her. She thanked the gods for the grace that she was low enough to breathe the only good air left in the cage as she lay perfectly still tears streaming down her face as she did so.

However, it was the pain to the gut that finally got her, and even the vixen of Lavinya couldn't hold out against that much pain. As gradual as the others were, this was the final straw, and the girl slumped, completely out of the fight. Her fate was sealed when she had heard Seth was in the cell, and now she understood why. Dahlios wouldn't try to protect himself, pain was his weapon, his style of fighting never trying to protect but cause the most pain possible.

Finally the girl who didn't even ask for this pain succumbed, and blissfully drifted in sleep, unable to hold out any longer.
    You look in the mirror, but someone else looks back. You remember a life you never had, one that cannot be yours. You are the piece that does not fit, you don't belong in this game. The board has been knocked over, you shall be swept away...

1/2th Of Althanas' Favorite Relationship 2006 (Rheawien / Lavinian Pride)
    1/3rd Of the Most Interesting Storyline 2006 (Dissinger / Liliana Ambria / Lavinian Pride)

GP

Name
    Chelsi
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black (for the most part)
    Eye Color
    Chrome
    Build
    5'1 / 120lbs
    Job
    Bandita

((Sarah, if anything about the post doesn’t work for you, PM me and I’ll change it.))

Her latest strike connecting solidly, Chelsi felt the pull, as the Lavinian girl who was caught on her skirt, slumped to the ground, releasing her grip on the vicious little knife she was holding. The young sorceress took a few moments to unhook it from the tear, and tossed it to the other side of the arena, taking note as she did, how empty the cage had become.

I… did it!

Chelsi was actually somewhat surprised. She had defeated the girl and the majority of the other participants in her cell were now abandoning it. Looking around, Chelsi seemed to be the only one remaining that she could see.

If it weren’t for the thickening clouds of smoke, Chelsi would have been elated. She was the soul survivor! If only the arena weren’t on fire…

It pained Chelsi to have to leave. She was certain that if she could stand the heat and smoke, she would be declared the winner and would move on to the next round. But as a plume of the thick black smoke wafted into her nostrils, the young witch had to concede that it wasn’t possible. The only option left was escape. The only question was… Should she save the girl lying unconscious at her feet?

“What do you think?” Chelsi asked the limp form at the tip of her Delyn-toed boots. “Are you worth saving? You weren’t a very worthy opponent. And on top of that, you wrecked my favorite… my ONLY skirt. I have half a mind to just leave you here to burn.”

Chelsi sunk her Delyn capped footwear into the girl’s ribs once, for good measure as she pondered her course of action.

It would be difficult to escape through the hole in the cage’s roof between the two bars around the one Ter-Thok had released. And it would be impossible if she took the girl with her. But there was also the newly created hole that Storm had just made. It seemed the most plausible route, and with a little effort, Chelsi would be able to haul the girl over there as well.

The conflicted witch looked over the body of the girl lying at her feet. It would be a shame to leave a beauty like that to get all burned and scarred. But more importantly…

Hmm,

Chelsi’s eyes came to rest on the girl’s hip where sat a hefty belt pouch, full of gold coin.

“Alright, how about a trade? Your money for your life?” Chelsi asked the girl, knowing full well she wasn’t in any position to decline the deal.

Moments later, Chelsi was none too gently, pulling the girls limp body through the hole in the cage, and towards the exit where a few of the other competitors now stood.

With a final sigh, and knowing she had probably just missed her chance to be declared the first round winner of The Cell, Chelsi knelt over the Lavinian and flicked open the clasp on her pouch, relieving her of three-hundred or so coins.

With that, Chelsi moved off to find whoever it was that was passing around all the free ale.
    ~Level 2~

I'm trying to rack up an outstanding debt. You know, so people will have a reason to be upset when i die.

EXP: 114,082, Level: 13
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 4,918
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,918
    GP

Name
    Damon Kaosi/Glen Lambert
    Race
    Unknown
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'9"/ 155
    Job
    Retired

The feeling of being in front of the crowd now had suddenly become heady. For the first time in the cell, Damon had imagined himself winning it. Perhaps he never would have had this revelation had Ashiakin entered, but as it was it provided a great opportunity for him. He only regretted wasting so much time earlier on. “This would have been easy to win had I never gotten hurt,” he realized.

Damon wasn’t sure what kind of attack the little demon was preparing for him, but the boy decided to act quickly, pulling out a throwing knife just in case it became necessary. He also dropped his sword in favor of a blunt titanium pole, as if he was preparing more for a defensive stance than an attacking one. He was injured, and time was certainly on the side of the little demon, but the sudden thought of all he could win had suddenly transformed the boy from his normal care free self into a conservative and calculating veteran. He was thinking everythint through, overthinking, almost to the point of inaction as the demon brought his weapon forwards.

He was being insulted, and some of the crowd laughed as he spoke, but Damon didn’t really care all that much. He was too busy thinking to bristle under the kind of cheeky insults that would have normally been quite galling. “Shut up!” he demanded as the demon fidgeted with a weapon of some sorts. “You either fight me or surrender, this is not a war of words.”

Everything Damon was saying sounded particularly trite and even a bit rehearsed, as if the boy was now playing out a fantasy that he had thought out numerous times within his head. And in fact, it was almost exactly like the kinds of true fairytales that were so prevalent on Althanas. Trite challenges destroyed in a smoldering backdrop, and attentive crowd, vile antagonist and most importantly, none other than Damon Kaosi playing the hero role.

His black eyes glistened with anticipation and Damon moved forwards, knowing that he would have to be careful when the demon had some kind of blobby life form as an assistant. Given how injured he was, Damon knew that there would be only one way that he could finish off the two. He was going to have to use his strongest attack.

Once within range, Damon hit the ground hard with his fist, readying for any attack the demon might send his way. He began to spin quickly, and soon a tornado of lasers and organic debris spread out from around his body. Within it, Damon staggered, the blood loss and wounded knee jeopardizing his equilibrium. However, the boy was finally dedicated to victory, and he was determined not to come so far only to lose.

It was time for Damon Kaosi to update his own legend.
    This might be our only chance.

GP

Name
    Ter-Thok
    Race
    Demon, common caste
    Hair Color
    N/A
    Eye Color
    Greenish
    Build
    2'8" / 55 lbs.
    Job
    Assassin and Espionage Agent

Ter-Thok shielded his eyes from the sudden storm surrounding the apparently useless young boy. The hunk of burning timber the demon had intended for a projectile had been caught in the conflagrance and tossed uselessly aside. Ter-Thok abandoned his perch in the face of the onslaught, ducking towards his semi-liquid underling. "HANS!" he shouted, "POSITION FOURTEEN! GO! GO!" The ooze drew himself up to his full diameter, pride glowing in his eyes. He bulged forward, a concavity forming behind him. Hans pushed outwards like a sail in a hurricane, his hardened eyes glaring daggers at the tornado of what were, apparently, lasers, which dissipated harmlessly upon hitting the creature's body. Hans stretched himself out farther and thinner, shielding the crowd from the attack as much as possible.

The ooze's employer grinned obligingly at the former spectators, now brought slightly too close to the action. "You see this?" Ter-Thok inquired, "A citizen of your own planet putting all of you in danger. Typical hero, if you ask me; all about fighting some abstract perception of 'evil'. Never care about the common people. Let me tell you fine people something: unlike some people, I care about the average citizen. This is why, when I establish the Embassy of Space in the great city of Radasanth, I fully intend to listen to you, the fine people of this good country. However, out of my desire for you and your children to enjoy this fine tournament, I have, at my personal expense, printed these,"

Ter-Thok drew from his pocket a large wooden box. He held it aloft a moment, then sent it floating gently into the crowd. It opened with a slight creak, and several foil-wrapped packages levitated out in a circle. Each one was, as necessary, quite shiny, and emblazoned with the image of a fighter. "Each one of these packets contains ten trading cards, featuring any and all of the competitors in the starting rounds of these-" Suddenly, a laser pierced Hans' bulk, roasting one of the card packets and, incidentally, striking an unfortunate bat that had emerged a bit too early to hunt for mosquitoes. The demon grinned apologetically to the crowd, and dashed back towards his employee. "Uh, Hans? Little close that time. Might be advisable to thicken up a little.

"HANS SORRY, BOSS. HANS NOT CAN DOES DIS FOR MUCH LONGER."

"Shit. Well, try and hold it until the cards are passed out, then pretend like he, y'know, beat ya. Comprendes?"

"HAHA, BOSS ALWAYS HAVE GOOD PLANE!"

"Damn right I do," Ter-Thok swaggered back to the crowd, and began handing out the packets of cards. First taste's free... he thought to himself. After a moment, Hans cried out in what he probably believed was agony, and reconstituted into his typical spheroid shape. The demon imitated alarm, shouting, "Run! He's going to kill you all!" before disappearing off into the distance himself, blob in tow.

EXP: 114,082, Level: 13
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 4,918
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,918
    GP

Name
    Damon Kaosi/Glen Lambert
    Race
    Unknown
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'9"/ 155
    Job
    Retired

From the center of his tornado, Damon did not see much. He could hear very little as well, and wasn’t even aware that he’d managed to make some kind of connection with Hans. Thus, the boy hung on diligently to this weapon, maintaining the mixed tempest for as long as he could before it finally subsided. Then, exhausted both in energy and fluids, Damon crumbled down onto the ground, collapsing under the weight of just one good knee.

With that, Damon looked around. He was drenched in blood and sweat, and all around him people were filing out of the arena. The boy couldn’t know why, and he was deeply hurt.

“I won…” he managed weakly. “I… won…?” Damon said again, though this time it seemed like more of a question than an assertion of a job well done.

It didn’t seem to matter much. No one was around to celebrate his victory. Damon also couldn’t be sure, but there were no remains anywhere to suggest that the little demon and his blob had perished. It was a general tragedy for the boy, and his eyes brimmed with tears of frustration and self pity. His fairytale had suddenly found itself cascading in on itself, like a house of cards collapsing in the wind. A reflexive shudder ran down Damon’s spine, and for a moment he felt like there was no choice but to give up forever.

“I hate this…” he said. He was injured and bloody, and had sucked up his pain for the ultimate prize. Now, he wasn’t even graced with the ignominy of defeat. The people milling out of the arena were telling Damon that even if he won, they couldn’t care less. That stung more than anything else, that he had invested so much in something that wasn’t even a great event.

Any claims to the legend of his past self were wasted on the day, and now Damon looked towards people milling out with despondency. He wished Ashiakin had been there, the ice demon would have guided him and prevented him from making this much of a fool of himself. Everything he had just attempted now ended up being of no avail. His life in the Cell was about to pass like a minor event. Damon sniffled, and then rubbed away at a tear.

Soon, they would turn off the lights.
    This might be our only chance.

GP

Name
    Santhalas
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'4/200 Pds.

Advancing: Hushpuppy, Ter-Thok*, INDK*, Storm Veritas*

AsukaStrikes
    Introduction: 7
    Setting: 7
    Character: 7
    Dialogue: 5
    Rising Action: 6
    Climax: 5
    Conclusion: 5
    Strategy: 5
    Writing Style: 7
    Wild Card: 6
    Total: 60/100

Storm Veritas-
    Introduction: 6
    Dialogue: 6
    Rising Action: 7
    Climax: 6
    Conclusion: 6
    Wild Card: 7
    Total: 64/100

Lavinian Pride-
    Setting: 6
    Character: 6
    Dialogue: 7
    Rising Action: 5
    Conclusion: 4
    Total: 57/100

INDK -
    Introduction: 7
    Character: 8
    Rising Action: 6
    Strategy: 6

hushpuppy-
    Dialogue: 7
    Rising Action: 8
    Writing Style: 8
    Total: 66/100

Ter-Thok-
    Introduction: 5
    Character: 8
    Rising Action: 7
    Writing Style: 8

Chelsi gets 140 EXP
    -The Althanas Chief Administrator and Editor

GP

Name
    Santhalas
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'4/200 Pds.

Hushpuppy gets 3,738 EXP and 300 GP. Raises to Level 1.

Ter-Thok gets 3,575 EXP and 300 GP. Raises to Level 1.

INDK gets, 3,575 EXP and 300 GP.

Storm Veritas gets 3,575 EXP and 300 GP. Raises to Level 6.

AsukaStrikes gets 975 EXP and 100 GP. Raises to Level 1

Lavinian Pride gets 975 EXP and 100 GP.

EXP/GP added.
    -The Althanas Chief Administrator and Editor

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345