Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Two: The Whole Glory vs. Penumbra Intersect

Round Two: The Whole Glory vs. Penumbra Intersect

I hope you don't mind me posting my response to your PM here, Jericho; I prefer this to PMs, as it lets all parties involved see without having to worry about sending info to one person that doesn't get to another.

Speaking for myself, I prefer strategy over straight hack-and-slash battles; to reference another thread I'm involved in, with Ebivoulya, we work together to determine general waypoints as the thread progresses, leaving the specifics open to the writer. I'd like to keep it as that, as I write purely by instinct - I'm not fond of having to reach any point too specific as to make it unnatural.

I haven't spoken to Logopolis yet since receiving your message, so this is just from me. As you probably gathered from my post, Honuse Relaiyent is a very straight-forward character in regards to getting the show on the road. One of the things I'm trying to play up to is having him utilize Till despite his own reluctance; not so much to make it wind up that he realizes Till is a good companion, but rather with the intention of proving that Till would just slow him down, to give him a reason to have words with Thor upon his return. Concerning your team, just realize that from an IC perspective that you would never actually know except from OOC, our goal is your total annihilation. Our characters will never speak to yours, and won't even understand anything you say, so in-character interaction is limited to combat.

As for Logopolis posting next, I have no problem if he doesn't. However, I'm uncertain of his school situation at the moment, so if for whatever reason he can't post in a day or two, I think it'd be best if one of you were prepared to step up and get a post in, to keep this moving. I don't have any love of fixed posting orders, so if someone lags behind by more than two days between posts, I'd like to have it agreed that the next person who can realistically post should post, unless the late person gives a time to expect their post (soon). Similarly, if we wind up breaking off into 1v1 and 1v1, I'd like to permit each pair to post whenever they please, switching off between the two in the pair. For example, if I wind up fighting Kyros alone, he can post, then me, then him, without waiting for Logopolis and Jericho to post.

Moving merrily along, I've no problem with editing for typos after the fact; the only thing I'd prefer is that no one corrects continuity mistakes. Such would be if, say in this case, I wrote my post with it being night, and your entire post sets it at mid-afternoon. That'd fall under a "your bad" clause in my book. I'd greatly like to get this thread going, and keep it moving, so I'll try to get a hold of Logopolis and see what the plan is.

Best of luck.

GP

Name
    Jericho of Crossingtree
    Race
    Elkin (anthropomorphic elk)
    Hair Color
    (Fur): Honey brown
    Eye Color
    Mahogany
    Build
    6' 3", 195 lbs
    Job
    Hope for those who have none

This works too!

to reference another thread I'm involved in, with Ebivoulya, we work together to determine general waypoints as the thread progresses, leaving the specifics open to the writer. I'd like to keep it as that, as I write purely by instinct - I'm not fond of having to reach any point too specific as to make it unnatural.
    Ditto.

Concerning your team, just realize that from an IC perspective that you would never actually know except from OOC, our goal is your total annihilation. Our characters will never speak to yours, and won't even understand anything you say, so in-character interaction is limited to combat.
    Heh. I got that vibe from your exchange with Aralak. That actually works splendidly with the dynamic I'm hoping to create with Jericho.

By way of setting a general plan out, considering what you're trying to do with Till, I feel like it would be better if we attempted not to break into two 1v1 pairs--or, maybe not. Nearer to the end of the thread, I'd rather like to get Jericho and Honuse going one on one, because it is my general plan that Jericho get crushed to a pulp and brutally killed at thread's end. So in regards to that, I also hope we manage to write this thing out to its end, because writing my remorseful elkin's death will just be deliciously fun!

Kryos should pop in here shortly to set some things up with you for his initial post; I'll start working on our intro. Let us know whatever you hear from Logopolis, and thanks for the quick reply!
    When the night is at its darkest, look upon the eastern sky. The Light is on its way. ((ToC Profile))

Just spoke to Logopolis; he'll be 2-3 days at present, due to sickness + school. So, seeing as how for all intents and purposes you know his general location, the two of you can both post and get set up.

The way I'd like to start out is, however you guys decide to make an entrance, realize that we're just chillin' in the jungle with some vague idea that you're around. We don't know who you are, and we don't care, but we'll kill you all the same. So end your posts at least making your presence relatively close to ours, if you don't want to actually have us make contact yet. Other than that, knock yourselves out. If you want to attack us, go ahead, if not, we'll likely attack you at the start of our next go.

Edit: As far as 1v1 goes, I wouldn't mind diverging either near the end, or near the middle, with the return together coming at the end to result in your spectacular death, if that's what you're interested in doing. Or no 1v1; I was just using that as an example in case it happened.

EXP: 13,891, Level: 4
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next level: 109
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next level: 109
    GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    Well, this sounds very exciting. This will no doubt be an extremely interesting match.

Unfortuanately, I'm killer swamped right now, but I've talked to Jericho and hopefully I'll be able to get one up shortly after him. I do hope we can finish this battle. How cool would that be.

One other question, though. For the sake of pacing, what is everyone's stands on bunnying? I myself find that limited bunnying, with approval of course, works best, instead of character A swing his swor, then character B posting that he deflects the blow and then stricking with his own ax, then going back to character A. Such is long and tedius and kills the flow. I perfer that we can bunny a little and change things at the character's author's request. But that is just me and Jericho. What do you all think?
    -Level 4-

The path of redemption requires both light and shadow.

I actually like being able to work out a bit of action in a post; but really, it depends on a case-by-case basis. I'm usually on at least once or twice a day, so if you feel that bunnying would help, just post what you need here.

GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    I feel I must apologize. I have had no contact with Jericho for the past two days now, and it is really making me worried. If I don't get ahold of him by morning, I'm calling. He has a post in the works, and I've seen some of it myself, I just don't know where he has been. Sorry for the delay, as I was so hopeful this wouldn't happen this round. Hopefully, Jericho will post, and then I'll get on up shortly thereafter. Sorry again.

On a similar note, Shadowed, have you heard from your partner yet?
    -Level 4-

GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    Aha! I finally found Jericho. His family, and I mean his entire family, was visiting him at college, so he didn't have computer time to spare. Hopefully he'll post tonight, and if not, tomorrow. I'll be up by Tuesday, and then we can get rocking. sorry for the delay, and hopefully we can still finish the battle.
    -Level 4-

GP

Name
    Jericho of Crossingtree
    Race
    Elkin (anthropomorphic elk)
    Hair Color
    (Fur): Honey brown
    Eye Color
    Mahogany
    Build
    6' 3", 195 lbs
    Job
    Hope for those who have none

Guh.

My apologies, all. Life sorta collapsed on me. My future responses will be much more punctual.

Kryos is just about through his post--it'll be up tomorrow by 5pm EST. He'll write us into the jungle and up to you two, so once Logopolis is available, we can start beating each other with blunt objects.
    When the night is at its darkest, look upon the eastern sky. The Light is on its way. ((ToC Profile))

Excellent posts, guys. However, we've run into another snag.

Logopolis is so busy with school I don't think he'll be able to continue. I'm trying to get a hold of him now to finalize this. As switching partners at the last moment is difficult and the round is already halfway up, I asked Christoph permission to do something different. Normally, the scores of the two members in a team are averaged together; if my partner doesn't post, I'd get averaged with 0, meaning a score of 50 at best. So - and this is entirely based upon you agreeing or not - with your permission I'll take this round solo, kill off/lose my partner, and my score will be compared to whoever of you two scores highest. So if, say, I score a 70, Jericho scores a 72, and Kyros scores a 68, my score would be compared to Jericho's, and I'd lose.

I really want to see this thread get going, so get back to me as soon as you can. If you both agree, I'll get a post up as soon as I can, and we'll keep going.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast