Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Two: The Whole Glory vs. Penumbra Intersect

Don't bother sending it to me in PMs; just post. I can't always get on regularly enough to approve everything you write. Just post it, and you can always edit later.

Edit:

Erm. So I'm reading your post, and am quite confused.

"nor the empty eyes that stared out toward the distance" - Empty eyes? Till's hooded, you shouldn't be able to see his eyes at all, nevermind the fact that it's pitch black. Can you see in the dark? You also seem to be describing Honuse Relaiyent's lack of eyes.

"Fate humored him, ensuring his safe arrival at his destination without the notice of his foe to the best of his reckoning." - As I mentioned, Till lived most of his life underground. He has near-perfect night vision, and by my count you took almost five minutes to get to him. He would have seen you coming the entire way.

"He stood well over seven feet and his face was a mask of death. Features sunken in like a corpse, and skin as pale as the steel he wielded, his adversary towered over the dwiilar." - His eyes are grey, and his skin is blueish because he's supposed to look like a corpse. Just an fyi on what he looks like.

I also told you not to use any of his stones, yet you did. Not to mention the fact that you used them completely and totally wrong, in every sense of the word.
    Last edited by Shadowed; 03-10-09 at 08:39 AM.

EXP: 13,891, Level: 4
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next level: 109
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next level: 109
    GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    And hence comes the trouble with a person dropping out, thus leaving it to the remain players to deal with it.

Yes, Kryos can see very well in the dark, better than elves can, so he would be able to see him. Also, with the lightning flashes, it would give Kryos ample chance to see beyond the darkness of his hood.

I said "empty eyes" to describe the fact that they were colorless, as Kryos doesn't even see where Honuse is. But perhaps you're right. Perhaps I'll make an edit.

As for five minutes getting to him, that could be true. However, I seriously doubt even Till could see me in the "fire trap" that you guys created. That and the fact that Kryos was coming towards them at a slight tangent, not a direct line. He wears mostly black colors, and he's nimble, so it would be as if he's making a racket coming towards him. So I think I'm justified in sneaking up to at least the point where Kryos spots Till.

However, your next issue does point to a problem. But my description is still fine. In the darkness, it would appear that Till's skin would be more gray than blue. But, if you still want me to change, I will.

However, the thing is, how is Kryos, realistically, supposed to defeat Till? I know I killed the whole stone thing, but honestly, I had no real idea how they worked. Sue me. So, I will change it so he doesn't, but how am I supposed to beat him? I mean, he has a foot and a half over Kryos, and two bladed weapons. Unless if you were going with the skill at the blade along, in which I could change it. But I do agree. Sneaking totally up to Till seemed unlikely, but I had NO IDEA how to have Till react. So say that Kryos is sneaking toward him and is, oh, 50-60 feet away before he notices (give Kryos some credit, now). How would Till react? would he roar, jump down, and rush? Or what exactly? Oh, there's an idea. That could work.

Quick question. Would the holy enchantment on Kryos' blade affect Till any more than normal steel? Or does holy magic not affect him at all?

Let me know, and I'll see what I can do. Oh, and I also PM'ed you because Jericho's post is before mine, so he needs to post before I. That is why I PM'ed you so you could start working on your own. And remember, about the time that Kryos and Till begin fighting, Jericho is honing in on your position, vaguely.

thanks, and hopefully we can get this smoothed over.
    Last edited by Kryos; 03-10-09 at 01:08 PM.
    -Level 4-

The path of redemption requires both light and shadow.

Yeah, the first few points were just clarification, really. I didn't know how well you could see. But also, imagining that you could see Till fairly clearly without him being able to see you is rather absurd; even coming at an angle, the trap wasn't that wide. You'd still be in his range of vision. The description isn't as big a deal, more pointing it out for future reference.

In regards to Till's tactics, he's more the observant, intelligent type. He doesn't rush into combat like Honuse does; he waits, observes, and strikes when he finds your weakness. But he's also honorable, so he'd likely jump down to engage you once he saw you coming. No roar and charge, but quietly walking up to you. As for holy magic, well. That's a bit of a contention with me and the designer of Till. We both feel that 'holy magic' is frankly bullshit (Not to troll you or anything, this is from our experiences on our own forum). So, well, it would depend on how your holy magic works. Till isn't actually some kind of heathen zombie, so I imagine it'd work the same as it does on any other normal person.

The biggest thing to know about Till is his cunning. Like I said, he'll play it defensively until he can kill you in a single strike. So, to defeat him, use trickery. Go in with a very heavy, aggressive attack style, then feign another heavy blow and switch to a nimble riposte. His polearm is admittedly better on offense than defense, and depending on the position of his hands it can be hard to block a stab. So work that in, and you should be good to go. If you really want to use a stone to make an explosive, have him prepare it when he sees you, but hides it away as a backup. Then he can pull it out and you do whatever.

GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    ahh, blessed light in the veils of darkness.

Thank you for illuminating all of that, Shadowed. Now I have a much better idea of what do to. And I'll probably just scrap the stone deal, since I still don't really get it.

Also, with his holy enchantment, anything that is of necromantic or very dark origin would be affected, so there would probably be no effect on Till. So no worries. And thanks for the suggestion on tactics. I now feel somewhat confident that I can get it. Thanks.
    -Level 4-

GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    Shadowed, there has been a change of plans. Jericho is in the mists of Finals chaos, hence the delay. So I will be re-working mine to include your trap, my leaving Jericho and escaping, to the battle with Till. Jericho's actions will remain the same though, I'm just changing mine so that I can post and then you can come in with Till.

Thanks, and I'll have it up either tonight or tomorrow.
    -Level 4-

Read your post, looks pretty good. How far is Jericho from getting his own post up? I might not be able to respond at once; the touchpad on my laptop just died, and I'm on spring break next week, so my internet access will be severely limited until I can get a USB mouse. So I should be able to get a post up within a day or two of Jericho.

GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    Yeah, about that. Unfortuanately, it seems like this round progressed much quicker than round 1, because our thread will close at 11:59 PM on Sunday, EST. Which means we have like, three days left. This round hasn't been as active as last. What I would give for a week extension, but, rules are rules.

Another trick that fate has decided to play is the timing for this round, as it is falling right before Spring Break. It doesn't affect me, but Jericho is on a Trimester schedual, so he has finals next week and final projects this week, so the pre-spring break cram has been in full tilt.

Because of this, I'm not sure when he'll get a post up. What I thought would be best were for you to post now, and just focus with Till and maybe Honuse. I think Jericho still wants to do his escape and then get a tingling by the tree where you are holed up in, but this way we you can get a post in now and give him a tad more leeway, if you could even call it that. I'll try to get in touch with him today and see what the scoop is. From the looks of it, he has one class left of the semester, early this afternoon, then just his finals next week. Translation: CRAM! But hopefully he'll be able to find some time for a post or two before sunday night.

Oh, here's a possible posting order, starting after the one I just posted: Shadowed, Jericho, Shadowed, Kryos, Shadowed, Jericho, Shadowed, Kryos. Hmm. That is a lot for Shadowed. We could do it differently, but in this way, it would be showing the action good. And it would make the climax really close and condensed in posts. But whatever. Maybe we could get rid of the third "Shadowed" post, and go from me rushing to Jericho's aid and then to his last one, to save the redundancy of Shadowed just fighting. And if we do that, then we'll hit the 12 post minimum and be able to finish it.

Let me know, and I'll try to have a status update soon.
    -Level 4-

Disregard the bit about my mouse; I broke my Jewness and bought a USB mouse. Expect a post tonight. In terms of the round being short, this makes an interesting predicament; technically, I'd win the round automatically, as I've posted at every opportunity. But on another technicality, I have less posts; while I need half as many as I'm currently a one-man team, there's the flip side technicality that my team has less total posts, so then I'd lose. I'd hate for either of us to be automatically disqualified on such a count. Perhaps we could ask for a regular judgment. I also don't know which way it would go.

GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    That is what I'm hoping, as our match does have the most posts. I don't think it will be a problem if we let the admins know that, because of Logopolis droping out, it makes a predicament.

And yes, if we are judged (let's hope for the best), I'm not sure who'd win. We are very good writers, the three of us, so that seems like the only fair way. Of course, I really want to win, though the actual winner is anyone's guess.

Still no contact with Jericho, though I've been gone a lot today. Hopefully he'll come on later. And if we can do the posting order I suggested, it is a post per day for all of us. How cool would that be if we could get 12 posts and finish it all.
    Last edited by Kryos; 03-13-09 at 07:58 PM.
    -Level 4-

Post is up. I couldn't think of much to say, so for the sake of story I wrote the first section as the reaction to his death, then cut into the actual here and now with the second half. So, fire away, Jericho. I'll get a post up as soon as I can once yours is up.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast