Thread: Waking the Demon

GP

Name
    Regal Burnswidth
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    White with hints of Gray Insanity

Troy and Selina walked down the darkened path, using his sword as a walking stick to test where the walls were. It was pitch black and he couldn’t see even his hand in front of him. The whispers of demons filled the air, whispering him in several different directions to get him lost.

Selina squealed with joy, excited to finally see Troy die in the emptiness of the abyss. To her lament he survived the darkness without getting lost, turning a corner to find another door down the hall where torches were lit.

As they reached the door Selina jumped off his shoulder and looked towards the door. This time the demon gripped the world in his hands, the pits of hell below him and the kingdom of heaven above, both trembling as he pierced his sword through the very fabric of creation. Selina looked down to the infernal script, reading it carefully several times.

“What’s it say?” Troy mumbled looking to the picture, feeling no memories spark from it. Selina continued to read.

“Thiz one is a little strange.” she admitted. “It’z really old infernal runic. I can’t make out the wordz.” Troy sighed kneeling next to her. “Some of it iz understandable, but not all.”

“What’s the gist of the picture’s message?”

“Well, it reads: I am the Sword Demon, I am the end of the world, the creation of order. I am the black Void. Nothing can stand before me. No saint, no fiend, no god.” Troy lowered his gaze to the world, seeing the oceans running over the torn earth. “It goez on, but I can’t make much of it out. Just sayz ‘the world waz yours, why didn’t you kill him?’ That seemz like a silly thing to zay.”

The two remained quiet as Troy thought about it’s meanings. Sheex gave him his convictions, Rebecca gave him understanding. Both were two parts of the puzzle, but a hole still remained in it. He knew he was a horrible person in his previous life, a monster of some sort, but the last piece of the puzzle was still out of his grasp. What sins did he create?

The door softly rumbled open and cautiously Troy stepped forward, his eyes scanning the room. Selina let him move first, keeping wide of Troy in case danger arrived. Inside the room was a wooden floor, like a dojo, with many murals of warriors fighting to the death. Troy lifted his weapon up and watched as something dark and sinister walked from the darkness.

Dressed in a bright red vlince fighter’s coat with black silk undershirt and pants stood a warrior with nothing in his hazel eyes but venom. Two pictures of scythes crossed the shoulder blades of his back like angelic wings as he turned away from Troy, his black hair flowing behind him as he reverently moved forward towards two swords located upon stone holders. He gently lifted up the steel katanas, swinging them each before he turned to Troy, his face contorted in barely contained rage.

“Will you show me what I have done?” Troy asked lightly lifting his weapon up in a ready stance.

He didn’t even register the attack, so swift was this red warrior’s movements. He was behind Troy, slashing his back open as blood cascaded from him across this warrior’s face. He flashed a step away, turning to face Troy on the ground as he looked to him with contempt.

“Pathetic.” he said at last, his tone dark and cruel. “Will I show you what you have done?” he said in a mocking way.

“Rebecca and Sheex have shown me what I lost and couldn’t understand. Now…what will you show me of what I have done?” he said determinedly.

“I shall show you how to die!” The crimson warrior shouted as his weapons flowed from his body like extensions of his arms. Troy lifted his weapon and rolled to his feet, parrying the blows as they came but unable to create an offense as the two swords kept upon him. A boot lifted up to Troy’s chest, knocking him back into the wall as the swordsman lifted up his right sword. “Blade of Saint Knu!”

A golden ethereal blade materialized before him, pushing against the soft wind in the room creating a howling noise as it charged in. Troy barely had the energy to lift his sword up and block the attack. The swordsman became a red blur as he was upon his left side, kicking him and swinging his blades in a deadly arc.

“They were far to kind to you!” He seethed. “Rebecca should have stabbed you, Sheex should have killed you!”

“Sheex isn’t a killer.” Troy said painfully as he softly got up holding his chest. Two deep cuts were letting blood run down his jacket on his arm.

“Had you finished that drink, you would have proven him wrong.” Troy’s eyes looked to this madman with confusion. “These trials don’t have a retry button, they don’t have a happy ending if you fail. Death awaits those who fail. Hesitation is only your weakness gripping your muscles and pleading them to let you die.”

The red swordsman was a blur as he appeared right behind Troy, weapon located in a death cut around his throat. “If you wish to survive this trial, you will only have to know my name.”

Troy ducked down to avoid the decapitating attack, crawling away as the red swordsman bellowed out to him in anger, placing a boot on Troy’s back as his sword stabbed right through his upper shoulder. Blood dripped down the floor and out his mouth as he choked on his own life fluid, feeling light headed at the sudden pain.

“You are the warrior I fight in my dreams.”

“I am the warrior who kills you in your nightmares!” he corrected. “My name should be embedded in your mind, but I can see you have fallen so far that I will kill you before you learn. That is a pity. I should have been so easy to defeat.”

Troy slowly got to one knee, keeping an eye on his foe as he tried to rack his brains into remembering this man before him. He lifted up his sword in his weaker hand, his more dominate hand a ruin as it dangled uselessly to the side. This warrior was an amazing fighter, keeping pressure with his two blades on the sword while he rotated in a round house kick to his wounded shoulder.

Troy felt the pain cross over him and he lost his stance opening himself up for another cartwheel kick in the face. His body lifted upwards and backwards as he corkscrewed hitting the walls and destroying one of the art pieces. He slumped down on the ground to his face, his body awkwardly held up as the man snarled his rage to the fallen foe.

“I…” Troy said weakly. “I can’t remember who you are.”

“Maybe because you didn’t care about me. All you cared about was yourself. This is the fight I should have given you, the fight you started to destroy my life!” he shouted. “You ripped my happiness away, you ripped my pride away, you left me a bastard and broken!”

Troy weakly used the wall to shoulder himself up, his body a mess of pain as he tried weakly to lift his sword. He felt the world split in two as his vision doubled, realizing he wasn’t going to live much longer if he fought this man. “I’m sorry…” Troy wheezed.

Infuriated by the words the swordsman charged forward, slipping inwards lifting his weapon up and easily knocking the blade out of Troy’s hand as both weapons bit deep into his chest. He howled his pains as he fell to his knees, dropping to his face as he felt the blood pool underneath him. His head was lifted and his body turned over as the red swordsman became relentless, punching with one hand and punching with the hilt of his sword in his other hand. Sharp pains filled his mind as one eye turned bloodshot red, the other puffy as his nose leaked blood out at an alarming rate.

Not finished with the punishment the red swordsman picked up Troy by the collar and brought him weakly to his feet where he sized him up. He pulled back his sword and prepared to thrust it though his face. Troy only closed his eyes.

”So you’re the blessed Saint of Swords.” the grey swordsman said calmly, pacing around the blue coated fighter.

“Yes I am,” he said carefully, his hand resting on the hilt of his swords.

“The Sword of Saints,” he continued, looking to each weapon and calculating the speed at which they probably would be drawn. When he came to a logical conclusion he halved that time. A blink of an eye, that was how fast this man would draw his blades up.

“That would be my title, backwards.” He said irritably.

“Of Saint Swords.” he spoke again, looking as the muscles in the arms tensed, his fingers flexing above the hilt. He halved the time again. At this rate he couldn’t blink or he would be dead.

“That didn’t even make any sense.” he said darkly, his eyes never leaving his. The grey swordsman quickly turned, pointing to the Saint of Swords.

“Quick, if orphans were burning in a building would you risk your life to save them?” he spoke rapidly as he watched the confusion sink into his eyes.

“Well, yes, of course.” he said honestly.

“And if you saw an older man getting mugged, would you step in?” he continued, watching as the Saint of Swords eyes began to lose their edge. He added five seconds to the draw time.

“I would, but that is mostly because I am a decent human being.” he said. The grey swordsman smiled as he caught the Saint of Swords in his trap.

“And if you were challenged by a warrior, would you not pick up the gauntlet and accept it.” he said evilly. The Saint of Swords eyes widened. His draw time on his two blades dramatically lowered. Now he could fight him and kill him.

“I would.” the blue swordsman said in a defeated tone.

“Than I challenge you to a fight!” the grey swordsman said laughing. His body tingled with excitement as he just made the challenge of a lifetime. He watched the swordsman look to him with sorry eyes, seeing within them a heavy burden as if this fight wasn’t just a mere fight. It didn’t matter though. He wanted to fight the Saint of Swords, damning anything that got in his way. He smiled sickly as the Saint of Swords said his answer.

The memory was missing something. It was incomplete, forced and rushed. Something in his mind was not locking into place and he sadly shed a tear of sorrow. He couldn’t learn what he did wrong.

Troy’s body was being stabbed repeatedly, his energy to even scream leaving his body as he was a bloody mess. His left shin was broken, his right arm dislocated, three ribs broken along with a broken nose and four fingers in all. He was bleeding out of his eyes and nose, his mouth missing a few teeth as the Red Swordsman went to town on him.

“You’re…the…” he breathed tiredly. “Saint of Swords.”

The red swordsman stopped his advance, but as he looked to Troy he narrowed his eyes into slits of hate.

“That is nothing but a stupid title. My name is not in your brain yet?” he chastised him. “All you can think of is my title? How worthless you truly are, cretin.”

He felt the wind in his body get sucked out as a powerful kick hit his stomach. He lifted up into the air, feeling his body stop in the flow of time as the kicks repeated themselves over and over. After a minute in this frozen state time had returned to normal and he puked up bile from his stomach as he landed upon the floor in a heap.

Understand your convictions to learn of your sins. a soft woman’s voice said.

He tried his best to think of it.

Understand your convictions to learn of your sins. a carefree man’s voice said.

He didn’t know, he had so many sins.

A gunshot went off wide as a door slammed open, a brown blur sliding on the fallen weight as it skidded forward. He held up a steel katana in reverence, the grey swordsman spinning in one fluid motion, drawing the weapon and cutting the throat of a pudgy man in a tailored suit. A black diary fell from his grip, as did the weapon in his hand. He looked up to the grey swordsman in shock, unable to believe what he saw.

“Took you long enough,” The grey swordsman said crassly.

“Well, I did have to go through the entire asylum to find you.” they both gave each other a look of respect. No words were said between the two. They had traveled for nearly two years and they still had stubbornly refused admitting they were friends.

“He was obsessed with you. Wanted to know how the ghost that died long ago found flesh to live again.” the grey swordsman kicked the book to the side of the room in disgust. “Not a damn word about me though. Muttered insanely about what pushed you. Never asked what pushed me.”

“What pushes you?”

The grey swordsman looked down upon the fallen body with contempt. He thought about what he was just asked, and then as he turned he let off a vile grin as the depressed warrior followed him. “My push you ask? Psssh,” he gave him a dirty look. “I thought you knew all along. It’s hate, you moron.”

“I’m sorry Karel Raven…” The sword was centimeters from his eye. No longer was the red swordsman there, but now a blue burlap coat with a white shirt and brown traveling pants. His hazel eyes lost a lot of the edge of hatred, but they still held contempt.

“I’m sorry I let my hatred of who I was blind me. I took away all you knew, loved…I did the same to myself and my only friend…all because I was filled with such hate. I can’t take back what I have done, but I can learn and say I’m sorry.” He noticed he was standing perfectly tall, his wounds not bothering him. He noticed he had no cuts, bruises, his eye wasn’t bloodshot. It was as if he never was beaten up.

“I have opened your eyes to your sins, and now with the understanding of those sins your convictions caused, the picture is near completion, but it still has one final piece left. Goodbye Swordsman.” Karel turned and walked away, his weapons sheathed as he walked down the dimly lit hallway fading into the shadows.

“Well that was certainly a close call.” Troy breathed out in relief.

“You’re a jerk!” Selina shouted pointing an accusing finger at Troy. “How clouded waz your mind, human, to think zo stupidly?” she ran up to him, kicking him once in the shin. He knelt down to rub his shin as she jumped on his back and moving to his shoulder.

“The blood wasn’t good enough for you?” Troy asked as he walked forwards.

“I can’t wait to see you in piecez!” Selina said angrily.
    Last edited by Unfulfilled; 01-13-10 at 04:54 PM.
    Meticulous planning, tenacity spanning, decades of denial is simply why I'll be the king undisputed, respected, saluted and seen for the wonder I am! Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared, be prepared!

GP

Name
    Regal Burnswidth
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color

The way was no longer covered in darkness, instead Troy walked upon a path of pure brass. The path eventually turned into a bridge that crossed over a flow of lava, thousands of lesser demons howling for him to fall so they could devour his flesh. Selina held on tightly to Troy, sticking her tongue out at the other demons below. The swordsman only walked forwards, ignoring them completely.

He set upon a large set of double doors as high a woodland tree. An enormous hand sculpted picture of the demon from before sat upon a giant throne, his weapon held lazily to the side in his fingers as he looked upon the universe from his seat on the throne of god. Blood cascaded down his fingers as his eyes were made of two igneous pearls, his smile a scowl so dark and vile it made Troy’s heart shudder in fear.

“What does it say?” he asked to his companion, but she only looked to the picture in a stupor.

“Nothing.” she breathed. “It’s just…hiz throne.” Troy looked to the door with determination as he at last decided to move forward. He pulled out his blade and walked up to the door.

“YOUR…YOUR…DIE!” came a cackling scream of hate as a black ooze dripped out one of the demon’s eyes. Thanato’s lifted out all his limbs, making a scissor motion as he violently aimed for Troy’s face. Blade in hand he lifted up and pushed the beast away towards the pit of lava as it screamed in alarm, it’s body stretching out and gripping the edge of the bridge where it sailed under. Troy looked around to see if he could track the beast, but to his lament he couldn’t figure out where he went.

“Why haven’t you fallen into oblivion?” Thanato’s said clearly in a dark guttural tone as it spawned up from all directions behind Troy in the shape of a humanoid blob. He twirled on the balls of his feet as his weapon lashed out, slashing the mask in twain revealing a disgusting set of razor sharp teeth. It exploded outwards with all five limbs, pushing Troy back as it darted up and down, bouncing like a ball and swinging it’s talons like a saw blade.

Troy felt his weapon being pushed up and up until at last Thanto’s knocked it clear of his grip. When it landed the beast separated into a pile of ooze and spread apart. Troy looked for his weapon and found it near Selina’s feet.

“Give me my sword!” He shouted to the lesser demon.

“Why?” she asked touching herself. “I want to zee you die!”

“To avenge your friend!” Troy said sincerely. Thanato’s body reformed to the side of Troy, swiping at him angrily as he felt his hip explode in pain. He jumped off to the side, feeling his grip loosen as his feet dragged over the edge of the ledge. He felt his body warp around, twisting to change for the weight change as he reached for anything to grab a hold of. His fingers found a hole to grip and he held onto it for all he was worth.

“Tasty…Tasty…DIE! KEE HEE HEE!” Thanato’s loomed upon the ground in an earth eating dash, digging his talons into the ground as he charged forward like a shark on the hunt. Troy watched in horror as the beast came closer, closing his eyes in fear of what was about to happen.

“BRWARGHHH IDIOT…IDIOT…IDIOT!” he howled. Troy peeked to see Selina with his blade in her hand as she darted around the creatures body, her natural lithe agility meeting the insane movements of the creature head on. She wove the sword expertly, making it dance in the air as she swung down in graceful arcs, pushing parts of Thanato’s flesh aside.

It wasn’t doing much good as the ooze just reformed. While she could hold Thanato’s off forever, she lacked the strength to impale the sword where it counted. Troy pulled with all his might to lift himself up and managed to get one leg on the bridge before he heard the beast howl in anger again.

It realized it was dealing with a small fry and went back to it’s original target ignoring Selina completely. Troy rolled as fast as he could to his feet, lifting his hand out. Selina tossed his blade to him and he grabbed it, slamming it down into Thanato’s body as he screamed out in pain, flailing his limbs out as he waltzed off the side of the bridge.

He ran to the edge of the bridge, looking to see where the beast went, but found no traces of him at all. He turned back to Selina as she looked to him expectantly. Then with a small grin she began to play with herself again.

“I haven’t had fun like that in along time…want to take me, human? I’m all yourz…” she said seductively. Troy lifted his eyes in shock, unable to look her in the eyes as he felt his cheeks flush red.

“Uh…no.” he said at last.

“You almozt died,” she whispered to him. “You cried for help.” she moaned a bit in pleasure as she stalked over to him.

“That really turns you on, doesn’t it?” Troy mumbled as he looked over the bridge one last time.

“I want to take you, human.” she breathed next to him. Troy only pushed her aside and bent low. She jumped onto his back and lifted up to his front, holding him in a hug as she wrapped his jacket around her body. She lowered her hands to his belt, which he promptly swatted away.

“Okay, seriously, if you’re going to act this way around me getting beaten up you can’t follow me anymore.” She pouted. “No pouting. Now come on. I don‘t see Thanato‘s body anywhere down there so I can only assume that bastard is still alive.”

“If you die, can I have your body? I like the snowy white hairz.” she cooed, losing her sexual edge as she reached up and touched it gingerly. Troy looked to her thinking about it.

“If I die it’s yours.” he agreed.

“YEE!” she cheered pointing her finger towards the doors as they slowly opened. “Let’s go! Let’s go! Maybe you will die in this room!” Troy sheathed his sword and then wrapped his arms around the tiny demon.

“INTO THE JAWS OF INSANITY WE GO!” He called running forward as she laughed.
    Last edited by Unfulfilled; 01-13-10 at 04:40 PM.
    Meticulous planning, tenacity spanning, decades of denial is simply why I'll be the king undisputed, respected, saluted and seen for the wonder I am! Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared, be prepared!

GP

Name
    Regal Burnswidth
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color

Troy and Selina looked to the ivory statues that lined the red carpet to the inner sanctum of the Labyrinth. Each one depicted a mighty foe being thrashed, slain, maimed, but overly killed by the demon of the previous pictures. One was a great knight, being decapitated as his giant axe fell to his feet, another was of a roguish fighter with twin daggers being stepped on, another a mighty warrior who was impaled through the heart as his face was crushed in hand.

They turned the last corner coming upon black oak doors, their height stretching into the infinite beyond. They both looked to each other before Selina smiled brightly, feeling a tingle of excitement at the prospect that now, at long last, Troy would die. The human smiled to her before he looked to the doors and with a nod of determination he stepped forward and rapped his knuckles on the wood.

The silence that followed was broken up as the doors eventually broke open and the darkness swallowed the light of the room outside. Without hesitation Troy stepped forward into the inner sanctum twenty paces before stopping as his feet hit stonework flooring instead of carpet. A solitary light beamed brightly above him and he had to shield his eyes as its intensity laminated the entire room.

He noticed this place resembled mostly a throne room. Thousands of swords, all makes, styles, and sizes littered the walls that reached up into heaven, surrounding the way towards a onyx colored carpet that ran to the foot of a brass throne with infernal runes etched into the arms and legs. Upon the seat sat a face that made Troy shutter in fear as his hand instinctively went to his sword.

A disgusting smile looked back to him, full of malice and maliciousness that was only achievable by those who dedicated their lives to principles of destruction. White hair covered most of his face, but his burning eyes were brown in color, a hint of red sparking along the corners. He was a bit paler, but his features were identical to Troy in every way. His fighter’s coat was pure black, with red infernal script lining the edges, a blood colored shirt underneath with smoky grey denim fighter’s pants. Twilring lazily by the pommel was his sword, a double edged sword with serrated notches on each side. A weapon designed solely to kill.

“Yo!” he said lightly in a mocking tone. “You shouldn’t keep me waiting like you did.” he settled his back against his throne, kicking his feet up as he glared to Troy with a vile grin. “It’s rather impolite, but then again, what the hell do you know about manners?”

“Selina who is this?” Troy asked to the lesser demon. She appeared behind him, a thrill of terror on her face as she looked to the man before Troy and then back.

“Lookz like you,” she said honestly. “But more mean.”

“Shove it and get lost Sslinrr'aghh ,” he said in warning. “I don’t like lesser demons in my home.” She darted away in fear as she looked one more time to Troy. The human didn’t take his gaze off of him. “I only gave you a thousand clues as to who the hell I am, and yet you don’t know me?” he acted like this insulted him as he grabbed his chest in pain, making dying noises.

“My mind isn’t what it used to be,” Troy replied calmly. “Maybe you can enlighten me?”

“What’s the point? You’ll be dead anyway. Just a stain on my blade as I figure out how to pay that dick Lazarus back for what he did to me!” he lowered his eyes to Troy with a look of contempt. “Bastard promised me that I would get the fight of my life, but instead I got stuck with a runt like you who caved in at the last moment when victory was ours to take.”

“I don’t understand, you were never in my visions.” Troy took a careful step forward.

“Bullshit,” he said angrily slowly gripping the edges of his throne. “I was there with you the entire time, watching through the windows of your soul at each and every failure you brought to me. It’s irritating when you have to watch something being destroyed knowing full well you could do something about it.”

“I don’t understand…” Troy repeated again.

“God, do I have to spell it out for you, idiot?” he spat angrily. “I. Possessed. Your. Soul.” he rose to his feet and lifted his weapon. “You made me a deal, twenty four years ago that you would free my grasp on your soul by showing me a worthy fighter to sate my lust, to FULFILL ME!” he shouted stepping forward pointing an accusing finger to Troy.

“You said in a whiney little voice that the, Saint of Swords could stop me,” he pitched his voice to stress his point as he glared daggers into him. “So I waited and waited and waited, GOD HOW BORING IT WAS TO WAIT!” He lifted his sword with ease and swung it, shattering hundreds of swords on the wall as a black energy poured out from the tip, exploding into his wall.

“Then, then you met that idiot friend of yours! I was going to rip your mind asunder if you didn’t find something to keep me entertained, but no, you wouldn’t play by my rules. You went with him and searched for his stupid ass sister. But it all paid out in the end. At long last we found her, and guess who she happened to be dating?”

“Rebecca…” Troy said sadly remembering her tears he caused her.

“That bitch was dating your hero, the Saint of Swords. So we set the stage and get ready for the fight of your life, and I’ll admit, I had a blast!” he laughed wildly as he swung his sword around in a mock fight recalling the duel. “Ah man it was a great time, that was…until your weakness got in my way!”

“I couldn’t kill her just to sate your lust…that would be…that would be…” Troy said trying to find the words.

“What the hell do you think you know?” the demon spat. “You can’t even tell the difference between right and wrong. Yet the one time I need you to just shut up you whined to me and begged me not to kill her. You disobeyed me, and then you died.” his words were like venom as Troy started to feel the nightmares creep up on his mind.

“I couldn’t take her life…” Troy said firmly. “That would be wrong.”

The demon stepped forward and they were practically nose to nose. “What was wrong was you denying me the best kill of my entire life.” they looked to each other before the demon turned and walked a few steps back, twirling his sword lazily in hand as he looked back at Troy. Black wisps of power emanated from the tip of the blade rending small trenches into the ground, like a cat scratching it’s claws into the floor.

“Tcch,” he spit on the floor looking at Troy in disgust. “You make me wanna puke, you know that? You don’t even use your name, that’s how far gone you are.” He turned and prepared himself in a fighting stance pointing to Troy.

“Wanted to know who I am? I’m your worst nightmare. I’m the devil’s chuckle in the back of your mind, that nasty intuition to do harm when you know it’s not right. I’m more than just your judgment, I’m more than just you. I am the Sword Demon, and you stepped in it big when you denied me my prize kill.” He looked to Troy with utter contempt, hate oozing out of his body as Troy felt the air tense up.

“Who were you again?” The Sword Demon mocked lifting his weapon up and thrusting forward.

GP

Name
    Regal Burnswidth
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color

Troy’s weapon was out in a flash of an eye as the two weapons met, the Sword Demon easily knocking him back several feet as he pushed him off his blade with just his sheer power. The human bounced off the floor and into a set of swords knocking dozens of them onto him. He felt their sharp blades lacerate his skin shallowly as he pushed them off, quickly getting back to his feet.

A punch to his gut caught him off guard as the Sword Demon lifted him up, wrenching his fist into his stomach and tossing him overhead to the other wall into more swords. He coughed up a bit of blood as he bounced off the surface and landed flat on his belly, his head screaming in pain as the weapons landed on his head. One blade managed to cut deep into his upper arm and he seethed the pain through his bloody teeth as he felt his hair being pulled and his body lift.

“How pathetic.” the Sword Demon muttered as he easily tossed Troy to the other wall. This time the human rolled with the momentum, placing his feet upon the wall and pushing back as he sprang forward. His sword met easily with the Sword Demon’s and he pushed with all his might.

Troy’s weapon snapped as the pressure was more than Thanatos’ desecrated limb could handle, Troy’s body falling awkwardly down onto his rear being kicked hard in the chest having him slide across the stone floor into the wall. He woozily looked up, blood caking his lower lips and nose as he placed a hand on the floor and lifted himself up.

The Sword Demon casually walked forwards, twirling his weapon lazily as he stopped a few feet in front of Troy, looking at him with contempt. Troy looked to his eyes, scanning him down and noticed his muscles beginning to twitch on his sword arm. He darted his head to the left and narrowly avoided as the sword slammed into the wall, running through.

Troy got up and ran, his hands running along the wall until it gripped a handle he felt comfortable with. He pulled a small Wo Dao off the wall and brought it into a two handed stance as he awaited the Sword Demon’s wrath, breathing heavily.

“You are so useless.” he muttered again as he ripped his weapon free, breaking the wall causing more swords to fall upon the ground in a large clatter of metal colliding against itself. The Sword Demon approached cautiously lifting his weapon to the side as he prepared for his next strike, Troy watching his every move.

He saw it, faintly and almost unable to see, but enough warning to notice his free hand twitch. He stepped sideways as the Sword Demon lunged with a jab, bringing the Wo Dao over his head covering his back as the Demon’s weapon hit the steel. A perfect block, but one he miscalculated.

Roaring with hate the Sword Demon put more of his energy into the attack, pushing Troy up off his feet and forward and slamming into the wall where his lips kissed a long sword on the flat edge. He felt his body vibrate heavily and he wheezed in exhaustion turning into a wild haymaker that connected with his jaw. He heard something snap and felt little feeling in his jaw as he spun to the floor, the world a blur of motion as blood lifted up and fell like rain.

“You are so weak,” the Sword Demon patronized the human as he kicked him in the side lightly. “You put up two good moves, but both mean nothing to me as I easily overpower you.” He shook his head. “Is that all you got runt?” Troy’s eyes softly rolled shut as he felt his body being lifted.

A skeletal creature made of pure obsidian lifted up a heavy war scythe in one hand, twirling it around preparing for the grey swordsman strike and easily knocking him aside. The depressed warrior thrust his weapon forward, only to be parried and kicked in the stomach lurching him forward as well into his comrade.

“This isn’t really getting us anywhere.” the warrior said irritably getting up.

“BAH, THIS IS A BLAST!” The grey swordsman shouted as he ran forward. The skeletal creature looked to him with curious eyes, a green orb in hand as he watched the warrior with careful precision. When the grey swordsman was close he was beaten back with a few parries before being swept off his feet and to the side by a mighty backhand.

The warrior charged forward, more methodically than his counterpart, and just when he was within striking range he noted that the skeletal creature abandoned its methodical movements and gave into wild attacks. He was unable to dodge them all and found himself flying in the direction of the swordsman.

The two collided with a groan, softly getting up as the warrior turned to the swordsman. “Follow my lead, and attack with me this time.” The grey swordsman was about to protest, but the look of determination on his face was enough for him to agree to obey.

The two moved in, slowly and the creature gave them a quizzical look as it watched them move. “What would you do about now?” the warrior asked.

“Shove my blade into his face.” The grey swordsman retorted. “Why, what would you do?”

“I would parry a blow and use the opening to inflict a wound on the chest.”

The two gave each other one look and then with a nod they went to work. The grey swordsman dove in, but instead of his usual insane attack patterns he came up to block the methodical strike of the skeletal warrior, parrying the blow to the side and scraping his blade against its chest. A kick pushed him back as the warrior darted in.

It tried in vain to wildly stab out, only to be met with wild resistance as the sabre found purchase along the cheeks of the beast until eventually it found the mark on the spine. The skeletal beast fell silent, dropping to the ground as it slumped over.

“Trading styles huh?” the grey swordsman commented

“It was a doppleganger, it mimicked the fighting style of the other, knowing full well we don’t know how to counter it.” the warrior said solemnly. With a cackle of power the green orb sparked into life as the beast reared back into consciousness, twirling its war scythe in hand. With a roar of challenge the two men looked to each other.

“You’re right, your luck does suck!” the grey swordsman commented as they charged in again.

Troy’s body hurt, it hurt badly. He was bleeding out his nose and mouth, his stomach felt like it was on fire, and his muscles were sore and unresponsive. The Sword Demon was punching him over and over again in the face, laughing wildly as he did so, but when he saw a spark of life reignite within his prey he lowered the human to the ground to let him stand on his own two feet.

“You going to put up a fight now?” The Sword Demon asked. Troy nodded dumbly as he dropped to one knee, finding a grip on a rapier. He lifted back up with the weapon and looked to see the foe charging in.

I understand… Troy thought to himself. I won’t let him beat me, Rebecca, he thought hopefully.

As the demon’s weapon came in Troy rolled his spine backwards, letting the thin blade run along the steel of his enemies weapon until he swiped against the chest. A trickle of blood poured down as the demon gave him a shocked expression.

Troy rolled and lifted his arms up and then with a graceful thrust he found purchase over the lifting arm and stabbing deep into the Sword Demon’s shoulder. It grunted with pain, but lifted his hand to the blade and snapped the metal in two as he brought his weapon up and knocked Troy to the side with the flat end of the blade.

Troy sailed for a few feet, rolling on the ground as he brought himself up to a low crouch, his hand touching the hilt of a kopesh. The Sword Demon charged forward again, yet this time Troy swung the blade side to side in deadly arcs maxing an X pattern in the air. Unknowing what to do against this sudden change in styles he attempted to thrust forward. The kopesh knocked the blade aside and he rolled on the balls of feet for a decapitating blow. The Sword Demon skipped backwards, the blade missing him as he lifted his weapon up and knocked the Kopesh out of Troy’s hands.

Troy easily rolled forward keeping the pressure on his foe as he rolled up with a short sword and wakazashi in his hands. He spun the wakazashi to a reverse grip as he thrust with the short sword forward, making brutal stabs and swipes as the wakazashi defended him from counter attacks. The three blades met multiple times, the Sword Demon growling his frustrations as he couldn’t make an attack. Yet troy knew time wasn’t on his side.

Eventually the serrated teeth notched the blades enough to shatter them as the pieces fell to the ground below. He jumped backwards, attempting to evade the grip of the Demon, but a powerful fist gripped him by the shirt and pulled him in as his knee hit Troy in the stomach hard.

Bile lifted up from his lips as blood poured out his wounds, his entire being lifting into the air like a giant beach ball. The Sword Demon rolled back and swung his foot into Troy’s body, kicking him like a child’s ball into the wall.

The collision impacted the wall, making a large crack as Troy’s hand limply fell out the hole, blood pouring all down his body.
    Last edited by Unfulfilled; 01-13-10 at 04:34 PM.

GP

Name
    Regal Burnswidth
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color

“And that’s all the so called Demon of Swords had to offer?” the Sword Demon muttered as he looked to Troy’s body, watching the blood pool out the hole and onto his floor. His eyes scanned the room, finding the lesser demon that traveled with the human huddling in fear in a corner. “Didn’t I tell you to beat it?” he called out.

Selina lifted herself and ran, sprinting towards the door in terror. She screamed for help as the Sword Demon easily met her at the entrance, his hands gripping her by the face and lifting her up pushing her out before him like she was piece of meat to inspect before purchasing.

“Leave me alone!” she screamed. “Ztop hurting me!” the Sword Demon increased his pressure on the lesser demon, laughing at her pitiful misery. She howled out in pain as he lifted his blade up to her eye. “No, ztop it!”

The Sword Demon laughed as he poked her in the eye with the tip of his blade, laughing to her as blood fell to the earth at his feet. He tossed her forward, her body sailing up above his throne and slamming into a few swords.The lesser demon fell upon the ground, buried underneath the steel as she whimpered in pain, crawling out from underneath the blades.

The Sword Demon wandered closer to the hole where Troy was located, grabbing his hand and pulling the human out. Troy’s eyes were lifeless. He snorted his disgust, spitting in the human’s face before lifting it up and tossing it like a rag doll forwards and onto the floor where it crumbled upon itself. Blood dripped wherever the body went, making the Sword Demon grin with pleasure.

“If there was ever anything I can say about you,” he mused. “Is that you bleed so beautifully.” he stepped forward. The body shuddered as it straightened out, making the Sword Demon pause. The movement was a spasm, his mind unconscious and accepting death, his heart to stupid to admit it was over. This irritated the Sword Demon as he stepped forward, looking down upon the human with disdain.

“Go ahead, think you can live, I already told you this is the hell that awaits you.” he chuckled. His sword lifted up as he pushed him over, lifting it just over his heart.

Before he could impale it a howling scream interrupted his thoughts as a black ooze slithered towards him.

~*~*~

The grey swordsman looked up, seeing himself in a pure white room. There were no shadows in this plain, no demons, no…nothing. He liked that feeling as he stood up, fixing himself a bit as he looked around.

“I don’t ever recall a single moment in your life where you got trashed that badly.” a voice called out from behind him. The swordsman turned to see the warrior’s blue eyes looking back at him with sadness.

“Well, what do you expect, he’s the Sword Demon.” the grey swordsman rubbed the back of his head. “Hey, I’ve been meaning to ask. Who are you, and where the hell are we?” The warrior sighed, a sigh the swordsman felt he knew all to well.

“You know…do you ever stop to think, think that maybe, just maybe, there is a reason that not a single person in your memories have used their names, nor yours?”

“Nope, gets in the way of stabbing things.” the grey swordsman said happily. The warrior gave a half smile.

“About time you started cracking through.” he said stepping up to the grey swordsman. “You’ve been borrowing things that don’t belong to you.”

“I know…” The swordsman said softly. “I know, I just…I needed something to get me started. Something to set me on the path to remembering who I am, what I have done, why I did those things…You know…get me going.”

“And?”

“And what?”

“Did you figure any of it out?” the warrior inquired leaning in. The Swordsman thought about, then shook his head.

“No, I haven’t learned a damn thing. I mean, I get things, I understand them. Yet I know this isn’t all there is. A lot of my memories are just fragments, most of them not even complete. Like somebody’s been filtering them for me so I remember only the truly important parts.”

“That would be under the assumption somebody cared enough to do that for you.”

“Somebody like you?” the swordsman looked into the other man's eyes. Those depressed, sad eyes. He knew them, he traveled with them. They were important to him. He wanted, more than anything else to make them happy again. It was strange, because all his life he never felt that need, but after seeing this man’s tenacity he saw in him something that he long ago abandoned; hope.

“Yeah,” the warrior said lightly. “Maybe somebody like me. We…we never really realized how important we were to each other until the end, did we?”

“No…we didn’t.” The swordsman scratched his head again. “You…you gave me hope. Hope that, that like you I could defeat the demon inside. Be free from his curse. I never really said this, but…uh…” the swordsman shuffled his feet. Just thinking of those words were hard for him to say.

“Well then I guess we are even.” the warrior said quickly, not forcing his friend to say words that made him uncomfortable. The fact he even thought of them was more than enough.

“What do you mean, even?” The grey swordsman asked.

“Well, it’s not like you didn’t help me either.” he said casually. “I…I had times where I doubted, doubted I could ever find my sister. But when I looked to you, I saw something that I didn’t feel for a long time either…You gave me hope as well.”

The two looked to each other, than they smiled before laughing softly.

“We are getting way too mushy for my tastes.” The grey swordsman laughed.

“Yes, agreed.” The warrior looked to him with those sad blue eyes, and he smiled, a genuine smile for him. “Well, what do you do now?” The grey swordsman thought about it.

“I wake the hell up, then I kick the crap out of that Sword Demon and take what is rightfully mine!”

“Oh, and what would that be?” the warrior asked as he watched the grey swordsman wander away.

“My title!”

~*~*~

Thanato’s body slithered around the Sword Demon, moving faster than his blade could reach as the two danced around the room, fighting like savage beasts. The talons of Thanato’s licked the chest and arms of the Sword Demon, while in return the lesser demon took deep cuts to its own body.

“Human…Blood…Mine…KEE HEE HEE!” Thanato’s shouted as he lifted his entire body up into the air, slamming his lower half into the Sword Demon dropping him to the ground. Thanato’s turned his entire ooze like being into a spike as it slammed deep into the chest of the Sword Demon, bouncing him up off the ground into the air. The ooze reformed at the apex of the hit, cutting like a razor along the Sword Demon’s flesh before hitting the ground and lurching up falling all over the demon’s body.

The Sword Demon cursed loudly as he gripped and punched at the incorporeal body, lunging his sword into whatever purchase he could find. Thanato’s cackled and screamed as he lifted himself up, exposing his five limbs in a vicious challenge before bringing them down and digging into the Sword Demon’s flesh.

The Sword Demon was unable to block all the limbs in time as the beast laughed with mirth and glee, hacking away at the greater demon before it. “My Prey, My Prey, MY PREY! BWAHH HAA HAA HAA!” It sang as one talon hit into the shoulder blade and impaled into the stone floor.

The Sword Demon howled his rage as he grabbed the talon and ripped it in half, making Thanato’s howl and retreat regrouping in the shadows. “You miserable pest. I shall devour you!” the Sword Demon cried out. “You are a fool for challenging me, little one. I am the mighty Sword Demon!”

Thanato’s body spread apart, confusing the greater demon as he tried to locate him. When it reformed it was above the Sword Demon, his teeth chitterling in anticipation. As it fell down upon him, opening up the ooze like a giant set of jaws he howled, “Human or Demon….YOU ARE NOT BUT A SHELL IN THE DOMAIN!” he cackled madly as the Sword Demon was engulfed, flailing around trying to get free.

Thanato’s cried in joy as he felt his energies increasing as he absorbed the power of the Sword Demon for his own. “More…More…More…Be absorbed! KEE HEE HEE!” Thanato’s was in an orgy of lust and power as it cried out to the heavens in praise of it’s victory.

A serrated blade flew out his stomach as a hand escaped his mouth. It gripped the creatures lower part of the mouth as the blade sawed upwards cutting Thanato’s in half as he pulled down from the other side until the beast was cut in twain.

“Don’t get over yourself, lesser demon. For me to fall to you is an insult to the natural order of life.” he lifted his blade up, black energies swirling around the hilt until it spread to the tip of the blade in a mighty shockwave that rendered the earth asunder, disintegrating Thanato’s from this world.

The Sword Demon looked to the one fallen talon that remained, glaring at it as he stepped upon it, crushing it into a fine dust. He felt something shift behind him and his eyes casually looked to see the human slowly groan as he got back up to his feet, grey energy coursing all around him as he put on a vile grin.

“Oh, did you find yourself with more energy to get your ass kicked?” the Sword Demon inquired.

Troy's only response was a wild smile like one who was ready for a challenge after much waiting
    Last edited by Unfulfilled; 01-13-10 at 04:24 PM.

GP

Name
    Regal Burnswidth
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color

Troy’s eyes scanned the room quickly, finding a katana that suited his needs. He rolled to the blade, lifting it up as the Sword Demon charged him. The two blades met and the swords clashed, sparks erupting off the metal as they passed each other by. Both warriors turned, the Sword Demon seeing the gray energy wisp up into the human’s body like a fire.

“Ah come off it, you fool. It’s nothing but a cheap imitation of what I can do!” The black energy formed up around the body of the greater demon, matching Troy’s as the two stood off. With a wild chuckle of amusement the gray energy was released eating up the ground as a cruel chuckle filled the air. The black energy was quickly released and the two energies collided.

The epicenter of the blast quaked the earth below, making fissures in the stonework floor. Troy was already on the move, his weapon darting out as he stabbed multiple times. Troy's arms turned into a blur as he howled out his joy at the attacks.

“Where the hell did this come from?” The Sword Demon shouted as he parried the blow only to find the blade nearly impale his eye. He blocked it with his forearm only to receive a laceration on his knee. Before he could move to the next location the blade pierced him in the upper shoulder, biting into the wound the lesser demon Thanato’s had started.

Grey energy began to form again as the human warrior gave him a demonic like look of lust, a smile of one who relished in this form of battle. He quickly pushed the human out from him, ripping the blade out of his shoulder in a spray of blood and tossing it to the side at the cost of losing his ability to use the arm. Better the arm than his whole body the Sword Demon figured.

Troy was upon him again, this time with sabre in hand as he thrust and parried each attack the Sword Demon made. When he found an opening he reverted back to his blinding attack speed, but the Sword Demon was ready as he lowered himself onto his haunches, jumping forward and hitting Troy In the stomach with his shoulder. Troy’s knee moved forward and up into the Sword Demon’s jaw, his body rolling like a dancer as he gracefully got back to a vertical base. The Sword Demon rolled onto the floor with a grunt as he rolled back to one knee.

Without hesitation the Sword Demon was upon him again, not giving the human a chance to attack. The greater demon's weapon moved freely, carving and weaving, but he couldn’t find purchase in the human’s defenses as he easily bobbed, ducked, weaved and leapt over attack and thrust; feint and strike. Growing annoyed he pulled his weapon back, charging up energy.

A grey shockwave erupted towards him, eating up the earth as it hit home, the Sword Demon flailing up into the air as he slammed into the wall dropping his weapon to the ground. He cracked the wall deeply as blood pooled down his body, breathing heavily as he looked towards the human. A rain of steel swords fell from the wall as he looked upon him.

He was shocked to see the human, hunched over and breathing heavily, but not in exhaustion, more like a savage beast…no demon he corrected himself, glaring back at him with a wolfish smile. The human licked his lips as he charged forward again, singing his praise to the gods at finding someone foolish enough to fight him.

“What the hell are you!” The Sword Demon shouted lifting his hands in fear as he watched the human drag the sabre upon the ground, his tongue held out to the side as he grunted in mirth, laughing wildly as the grey energy built up within him. When he was within striking distance of the Sword Demon he howled out in excitement, the sabre cutting against his chest deeply and then pushed open as the shockwave pushed inside the wound and into the Sword Demon’s body.

“Don’t you know who I am, fool?” the human said with sick pleasure. “I’m the Demon of Swords!”

The Sword Demon’s body exploded, blood cascading the walls of the throne room and the Demon of Swords as only a stump of legs fell forward, a head plopping down before his feet.

Lazily the human looked to the skull, admiring it for a fraction of a second before he turned, dumping the sabre on the ground and picking up a katana instead, placing it upon his belt in a familiar way.

“Alas,” the Demon of Swords said sadly. “I am still unfulfilled.”
    Last edited by Unfulfilled; 01-13-10 at 04:14 PM.

GP

Name
    Regal Burnswidth
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color

“Hey asszhole.” Selina said boredly as the two looked upon one last final door. She noticed with her one good eye that this door was different from all the others not only in shape, but design. It was a ten foot high black obsidian frame with white marble etchings depicting a human. This human was taking a sabre and thrusting it into the heart of the Sword Demon, a sick look pleasure on his face, but eyes filled with a lack care like one who was sorely let down. The two had been staring at the door for two hours not saying much to each other.

The Demon of Swords ignored her comment like he usually did. She sighed as she ran up to him, pulling on his hand like a child wanting their parents attention. The Demon of Swords only pushed her away gently. “Ugggh, Asszhole!” she shouted.

“What,” he breathed angrily. “Go away!” he chided looking back up to the door. Selina jumped onto his shoulder and looked to the picture with him.

“You changed, asszhole.” she commented. “I kind of like it though,” she petted him softly as he irritably swatted at her. This in turn made her laugh as she looked to the door and read the infernal script for the three hundredth time. “Can I pleaze just tell you what it sayz?” she begged.

“No, I have to figure this out!” he shouted to her, a bit louder than he really had to. Selina only rolled her eyes as she leaned her head on his. He kept looking at the door and his mind kept remaining blank.

“Ah man, I hate these things!” he exploded, knocking poor Selina off his shoulder onto her butt. He took in a deep breath and sighed heavily. “I usually left these things to the warrior in my dreams. He did all the thinking, I did all the stabbing. It’s a system and it works great! Why the hell do I have to change it for a door of all things?”

“Asszhole, you want a hint?” Selina said boredly looking up to him.

“No, I can do this!”

“No, you can’t. You juzt admitted you needed help from your friend.” the lesser demon countered. The Demon of Swords remained quiet.

“Oh yeah, huh?” he rubbed his head. “Well then, give me just a little hint!” he warned.

“To move onwardz, towards atonement, you muzt return what you took.” she said. The Demon of Swords gave the door another look as he rubbed his chin.

“A perplexing riddle.” he muttered.

“Do you even know what perplexing meanz, asszhole?”

“Not a clue.” he admitted. The lesser demon sighed. “Give back what I took, but what did I take?” he remained deep in thought.

“Hey asszhole, you got a name?”

“Yeah, I think. Can’t really remember it.”

“Well what name have you been using in the meantime?” Selina asked trying to lead him on.

“The Demon of Swords.” he said confusedly. Then with a snap of his fingers he looked other excitedly. “That’s it! I took back what was rightfully mine, so I just have to tell the door the name I took and then we leave!” Selina beamed to him with the pride of a parent who just taught their child to read.

“Door, I return the name to you!” He said looking at the picture. “I no longer am the Sword Demon, I am the Demon of Swords!” nothing budged.

“Idiot!” Selina shouted slapping her face. “Not that name!”

“Uh, Thanato’s?”

“Try again.”

“Letho?”

“Where did you dig that up?”

“Rebecca?”

“No, but you're getting clozer.” she sang.

“Sheex?”

“ZOOO CLOSE!”

“Karel.”

“No.” she sighed.

The Demon of Swords thought about it long and hard. “Ah hell I don’t know.”

“Seriouzly?” Selina blinked repeatedly. “You picked the name," She lifted her finger in accusation to him. "You demanded we call you that name instead of asszhole!”

“Nope, doesn’t ring a bell.” Selina threw her hands up into the air and walked away, muttering how he was just a stupid human. When she was out of ear shot the Demon of Swords turned to the door. “Hmm, something I took, and now need to give back…” he thought about the riddle long and hard as he looked to the top of the door.

Sitting on high was the blue eyed warrior, looking down upon him with a sad smile. “You can use it as long as you need it, but if you want to atone, you need to give it back.”

“Hi, how you doing?” he asked awkwardly.

“Very tired, and wanting to go home, but I can’t until you solve this final trial.” he smiled again, a sad smile that had no warmth to it. The Demon of Swords gave him a small glance before looking towards the door.

“I’m afraid to.” he said at last.

“Oh, the Demon of Swords is terrified of what?”

“I…I don’t want to lose you. I’m afraid if I give it back you’ll go away.” The warrior sighed deeply before jumping down in front of the gray swordsman. His white coat fluttered behind him as he landed down in front of the Sword Demon, raising up to look him in the eye.

“Was that all, Demon of Swords?” he asked shaking his head. “You need to learn to move forward, you know.”

“Forward towards what?”

“Towards your future, whatever future that may be. It’s up to you to decide.” he gave him a small grin. “May I heavily suggest atonement?”

“Yeah, I guess there is that.”

“Who knows what the future has in store,” he said calmly as he turned his back to the gray swordsman. “You’ll never know if you remain in a state of fear.” The Demon of Swords gave him a soft smile.

“So I just got to know your name to pass this trial, and then I’m free to go?”

“Not only know, but return it.” he corrected. The two looked to each other.

“I’m going to miss you, Troy Priam.” the Demon of Swords said sadly as he felt something choke upon his heart. “You…you always took care of me, and I’ll never forget that.”

“You're being mushy, Regal.” Troy said softly. “Very unlike the Demon of Swords.”

Regal Burnswidth, the Demon of Swords, lifted a sleeve to his eye as he wiped a tear away. “Well, sometimes you just have to know it’s only a stupid title…” he whispered. Troy gave him a genuine smile.

“So what do you do now, Regal? Where will you go? What will you do next with your life?” he asked as he began to glow a soft gold.

“I’m going to go through that door, and walk towards the rift. I’m going to take this sword, and I will cut down anything in my way as I seek a challenger worthy of my attentions! For I am the Demon of Swords, a being Unfulfilled! I shall go to that rift, and find the one who will fulfill me!” he roared.

He walked forward, stepping so he was next to his best friend. Neither one looked to each other. “Farewell Troy Priam.”

“Farewell Regal Burnswidth.”

The two parted ways walking away from each, both men not looking back as Troy faded into the the sky, Regal walking through the door as it slowly opened.

“WAIT FOR LIL OL ME!” Selina shouted as she ran forward. Regal stopped just long enough for her to jump up and into the air onto his shoulder kissing his cheek. Then he walked forward. “You don’t mind if I come to watch you kill the other greater demonz, do you?”

“Not at all.” Regal said with a wolfish grin as he eyed the rift. “Not. At. All.”
    Last edited by Unfulfilled; 01-13-10 at 04:07 PM.

God of Bards
    EXP: 99,783, Level: 13
    Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next level: 4,217
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,217
    GP

Name
    Duffy
    Race
    Thayne
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8"/160lbs
    Job
    Bladesinger

View Profile

Judgement

Waking the Demon

Continuity – 5

Setting – 6, good setting establishment, nice descriptions, but didn’t score higher as you repeat colour usage and vivid terminology, there’s no need to describe the orange sky twice, a new description is only needed if the scene has changed or it’s context is renewed usually.

Pacing – 6, nice, amply paced and easy to read.

---

Dialogue – 4 – This was by far the weakest aspect of your writing. Whilst it’s difficult to get accents and flourishes in speech correct, it’s also very hard to get it correct but use it too often. The use of Z was great (but consider the use of it as a phonetic tool, applying it to shl noises when speaking, not just replacing all S’s with it). The swearing, not so, and in this instance seriously it was overdone.

Action – 7 – I get the impression that the Citadel is more your foray?

Persona – 8 – Your character oozes class, confidence, aggression and has the hint of an otherworldly and suave private detective about him – nicely done.

---

Technique – 6

Mechanics – 7 – good solid grounding, although overusing certain mechanical elements hampered your overall rating – it’s good to see more people proof-read.

Clarity – 6

Wild Card – 6

Total = 61/100

Unfulfilled receives 1700 xp and 50 gold!

---

Should you wish to take advantage of the following spoil, simply seek approval at level up, if you do not, then don't - I am awarding story bound spoils to all threads that receive 60+.

Spoils – The Hell Swain Mark

Unbeknownst to you, your deeds in hell has attracted the attention of, shall we say, more scrupulous powers – you now possess a small circular and invisible brand at the base of your neck, which labels you a mark to the daemons of the hells. If ever you should encounter another, you will feel somewhat weaker and fatigue easier, but, should you triumph over your adversary, you will improve the mark, so that you reclaim its power and start to gain the symbols and tools of a daemon-slayer, the Light Within, Wings, and maybe the services of more fade folk aside. Each thread successfully completed will add one point or part of the tattoo, and for every two threads where this is approved as a spoil, you may claim a low ranked ability to aid you in your task, all such upgrades will, as ever, require further approval from the ROG staff upon completion of a level up profile.
    Last edited by Duffy; 01-20-10 at 05:38 PM.

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk