GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Blue (Deeply inset eye-sockets, no eyeballs, only a glowing energy)
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    Lorenor sat down at that point. His face looked very tired as if he were constantly trying to hide his true feelings before others. He knew that before Makira he could speak the truth. She would never ridicule him for it, or question his logic in things as most did. There was always a reason to everything. Taking a pull of the vodka, he felt fire go down his throat. Lorenor began to speak.

"MetalDrago spoke highly of you. I once met Terramat and his companions..." Lorenor thought back to his previous adventure with MetalDrago here in Narenhad. "Now Terramat is in league with MetalDrago if I recall correctly." Lorenor said revealing a bit of the past history between himself and MetalDrago. "We fought once. He offered to help me when I was a lot weaker. We quested for a weapon in a cave He accompanied me the entire time. MetalDrago mentioned the Thieves' Guild to me a few times." Lorenor continued. He leaned towards her general direction over the desk. "Any ally of Metaldrago's, is an ally of Lorenor's." The mutant smiled at that. He had other reasons, but that was the basic premise. Makira would become a powerful ally. There was another reason to. He was speaking just loud enough for her to hear what he was saying. "You are a beautiful woman. It has been a long time since I've seen such beauty. Your beauty should be the stuff of minstrels' music." Lorenor said feeling his poetic side emerging. He took another pull of the vodka, grabbed his chair, and moved it so that he could be seated alongside her.

"Please. Speak freely." Lorenor said to her. He was curious of what she thought about the situation at hand.

GP

Name
    Makira Sheara
    Race
    Avian
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Green/Blue/Grey mix
    Build
    5'7"/130 lbs.

She nodded listening to his words. She was shocked that Metaldrago had spoken highly of her. She was flattered and humbled by that alone. Then the complement of her looks and a slight blush colored her cheeks. Her thoughts suddenly frazzled and unfocused. She'd been complimented before but by drunks mostly, and those compliments meant nothing.

She looked down holding her drink the blush worsening when he moved closer to her. She was completely off guard when he had complimented her. "T-Thank you." she whispered meekly, a few strand of her hair fell into her face unnoticed. She didn't know how to respond. Had barely heard the last words he said, her mind still reeling for such a high compliment. " I'm hardly worth the songs of minstrels." she managed.

She looked down into her cup of vodka as if seeking answers, how was to act in this situation. She was unfocused, her mind wandering with no idea how to proceed in such a situation.

EXP: 12,400, Level: 4
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 1,600
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,600
    GP

Name
    MetalDrago Scorpio
    Race
    Dragonian
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Orchid
    Build
    6'4"/206lbs.
    Job
    None

MetalDrago stood behind the door. After N'Jal had summoned him to deal with some traitorous scum living within the city, he had immediately returned to the hall within which Lorenor and Makira were having their meeting. He walked up to the door just as Lorenor told the woman that she was worthy of the songs of minstrels. He chuckled lightly to himself, his voice muffled by the liviol door.

He had seen Lorenor in action flattering many women before, and he was as skilled as they come. He may have the stench of death surrounding his nearly-impenetrable outer shell, but if MetalDrago didn't know any better, he'd swear no other man in the entirety of Althanas had an easier time making women feel like he was worth something. The money from his estates in Salvar probably swayed any women he couldn't woo with words alone, at any rate.

MetalDrago felt that he has long since wasted enough time merely listening to the conversation. He pulled the door open and walked in, his cloak draped over his entire body. “Makira,” he said, his voice deep, almost hissing, “it has been along time.” He walked over to a chair on the left of Lorenor, next to the table, so if he ever became hungry, he would be able to eat more easily, without having to contort in any weird positions.

"Commander, sorry I left in such a hurry. There was a task with which I was charged for a time, and now that it's complete, I think it's time we got down to business.” MetalDrago walked over to Lorenor's desk and opened a drawer. Inside was a single missive and a fake gold coin with the words De Furta Verita, literally, From lies, truth. The Dragonian Captain placed the missive and the coin on the table. “This coin will allow our spellcasters to find you if you speak the words written upon it. It can also allow you to communicate with either one of us if you cast it into a pool of still water. Think of it as a way to gather intelligence without having to be here at all times, and without the unreliability of letters. We'll be able to know what you know almost instantaneously.”

MetalDrago pushed the missive towards her. “This missive gives you free access to almost all rooms in the cathedral proper, our most secretive fortress. The only room you cannot enter without one of us present is the Eye of Fate. Feel free to ask one of us to give you a tour of the facilities when we're not too busy. But the main room you'll be interested in at the moment is the library on the second floor. We have an extensive collection of books and scrolls that may come in useful to you in the near future.”

MetalDrago sat back and said, “You know, Commander Lorenor loves to flatter the ladies. I hope you don't take his advances the wrong way.” He waited for her response, sitting back easily in the chair.

EXP: 5,976, Level: 3
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next level: 3,024
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,024
    GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    Sensing the sudden return of his Captain, Lorenor looked in the general direction of his best friend. Grinning widely, the whole mood in the room suddenly changed. As if Lorenor were animated by a great vortex of energy, the mutant stood up and walked towards his companion. Though his smile was a grotesque expression, Lorenor moved to embrace his friend. "You've returned to us, most excellent." Lorenor spoke in a pleased voice. "I have some food and drink available my friend." He sat back down in front of Makira and took a look at them both.

"Now that we are all here we can readily discuss the matters at hand." Hearing MetalDrago's words, the mutant laughed with a sincere, hearty laughter. "It's good to see you too my friend." The mutant, of course, let the comments go and continued with the task at hand. "On the morrow, there will be a tour of the facilities and you can judge for yourself what you would like to do next. But for now, you are a guest feel free to enjoy yourself and take a load off. Whence the hour is late eventide, we shall gather some numbers and venture into the Red Forest."

Lorenor looked at MetalDrago. "We will then proceed to the camp of one of Xem'Zund's Death Lords stationed in the vicinity. We must defeat this Death Lord using any means necessary." Lorenor said. "Out intelligence hints that Xem'Zund himself may be present on the morrow. So get plenty of sleep, we will be facing a serious challenge ahead." The mutant kept his eyes on MetalDrago for a moment.

"When the lady retires, please return to see me MetalDrago. I have matters to discuss with you in private."

GP

Name
    Makira Sheara
    Race
    Avian
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Green/Blue/Grey mix
    Build
    5'7"/130 lbs.

Makira listened to his plan. "Why not infiltrate the inside of the camp. or have you already done that?" she asked. She pocketed the coin and the missive, knowing they would be helpful to her. She looked up at Lorenor then to Metaldrago she smiled. Since he had walked into the room she was so relieved. Her friend was well. She had been worried he had passed and no one would tell her.

She stood up and hugged Metaldrago. "The next time you send a letter, bring it yourself and do not leave me to speculate your death." she said in a scolding tone. Metaldrago was after all a dear friend to her, she had no wish to see him dead what so ever.

She took a step back, Her phoenix was now sleeping on its chosen post, the back of a chair. She glanced over to see he had finished his meal and the plates were gone, supposedly taken by the maid that had served them.

She stood waiting for both their responses. She chose to ignore the flattery and compliments, she wasn't after Lorenor for any reason. He had nothing to gain from complimenting her and saying such things. Perhaps it had been merely a compliment, She was to skeptical to believe that. She chose to think of it no longer.

His words were his to say what he wished, compliments, battle plans, or whatever the case maybe. It was not her business. However, she had joined this cause. Deciding to help them, and that was what she would do. Her body tired, her mind weary from the travels. She wished nothing more to be shown to a room and sleep. She closed her eyes for a mere moment, knowing she would retire after such things.

GP

Name
    MetalDrago Scorpio
    Race
    Dragonian
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Orchid
    Build
    6'4"/206lbs.
    Job
    None

MetalDrago stood and looked at Makira with a cocked eye. “As if anything around here could kill me. I’ve been busy lately, or I would have come myself. I’ve been preparing for a certain ritual for the last few weeks. Soon, I’ll be imbued with even more power than ever before.” As he continued to look at the younger woman, he smiled slightly, and bowed. “Have a pleasant evening. As Commander V’halkulus has kindly told us, we have things to discuss tonight.”

He snapped his fingers and one of the Forsaken appeared. “Please show the dear lady to her room.” He then looked at Makira. “Tomorrow may begin one of our greatest challenges in gaining our rightful place in this world. So rest well. And be careful. There are those who would kill Lorenor and me, and anyone else involved with us.”

The man turned back to Lorenor, his eyes glowing with a bright, orchid light. “Tomorrow, before we set out, I’d like to begin the ritual. I’m going to need the symbiotic armor… I can just tell.” He sat back down, in the seat that Makira had previously occupied. “Our combat teams are ill-equipped for a head-to-head battle with that half-immortal necromancer. We’ll be outclassed in strength, even with both of us carrying the Protocol. The only thing we have is strength of numbers and surprise.”

MetalDrago rolled out a map of the surrounding area and drew a circle around the area that the enemy was camped. He frowned slightly over the map. “As we know, they’ve perched in an ill-defended location in the middle of the forest on the outskirts of Narenhad. They don’t think anyone will be based out here, considering the fall of the meteor, and I think that the forces of Xem’Zund might be underestimating us. That gives us a slight advantage. Their supply convoy resupplies them every ten days… Tomorrow is when the next shipment is due. They’ll be using up the rest of their supplies, counting on the convoy being there by mid-afternoon.”

The Paladin again drew a circle on the map. “This is where they will be camping for the night. If we send an advance team to attack the convoy here…” He drew a line through a spot in the forest, where a trail had been cut by the necromancer’s advancing army. “We can take their supplies, destroy them, or at least halt them long enough to get their forces to start losing morale. Without morale, a soldier is less likely to fight well. But we all know a large number of the Forsaken work for him, and those of our kind require far less in terms of sustenance… The Death Lord is likely the one holding sway over them all… With Xem’Zund there, we won’t be able to completely free them, however. Killing the Death Lord should be a cinch. However… If that detestable necromancer is there, we’ll be more hard pressed to defeat the enemy forces, considering his strength. We can only hope he either doesn’t show, or leaves his Death Lord to take care of our forces. We won’t stand much of a chance against a force as ancient as his, no matter how powerful we’ve grown.”

“As you well know, our forces are prepared to give their very souls over to our cause. If we lose, it won’t be with a single man or woman left standing. But it also gives us a great responsibility. If we die, and they crush the Narenhad once and for all, our legacy is lost, and our mission a failure.” MetalDrago spoke with his hissing voice almost the entire time, dropping to a whisper near the end to put more caution into his words. If Lorenor said it could be done, it could be done, but at what cost to their mission, the Dragonian wasn’t sure.

“I can understand that your impatience at facing the necromancer, but is now really the right time?” He eyes narrowed in slight concern, not only for his own safety, but the safety of his commanding officer, and the people that now followed them. “We really don’t have any idea what’s going to happen tomorrow. I’d prefer if we had more time to prepare.”
    Last edited by MetalDrago; 10-24-09 at 10:55 AM.

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    A clock ticked off every second of the night in the hallway. It was and old grandfather clock. Made out of red-dyed oak, the clock was extremely sturdy. Its gears were made out of brass, and its face was made out of a simple material. All in all, it was an elegant device that Lorenor found in the house and kept. For one such as he, the mutant had developed strange tastes in life. He sought to mimic the lifestyle of a nobleman. It was an extravagant lifestyle that suited his greed.

Listening to the clock for a moment, Lorenor roughly guessed what time it was, then he turned his attention back to MetalDrago. Despite all the distractions that the High Priest faced, the mutant was able to distinctly make out what MetalDrago had said. The captain had provided a map with detailed information about the enemy. So far, their spies did the trick and located the necessary information that was needed. Forsaken were different from the Scourge still trapped under Xem'Zund's influence.

If only there was some way to free the Scourge away from Xem'Zund's dominant will at once. If only there was some way to work Necromancy on Xem'Zund himself...

Closing his eyes for a brief moment, the mutant's face went dark. He listened to MetalDrago, absorbing every detail the captain spoke. Lorenor knew MetalDrago explicitly. Not a single movement, word, or action was ever wasted. Everything was planned deliberately which is why Lorenor trusted MetalDrago with his very life. Sitting casually on the chair, Lorenor looked at Makira and MetalDrago briefly. His eyes were locked on the pair for a moment. When Makira was ready to leave, he could begin discussion of the next plans. The key elements of the battle were not for Makira's ears to hear.

Taking a pull of the drink in front of him, the mutant paused for a moment.

Then, he looked at MetalDrago once more.

"We have every reason to believe that Xem'Zund will be coming tomorrow. We can't afford to miss this opportunity to act." Lorenor said calmly.

He continued.

"If we do not act now, we may never get another chance to defeat Xem'Zund like this. And if he doesn't arrive, we can still capture the Death Lord and perhaps turn him to our side." Lorenor added. "If he can be turned into one of the Forsaken, maybe there's a chance that we can topple Xem'Zund once and for all."

"I personally do not care for those bastards Elves, but as Forsaken they can be useful to us." Lorenor said. "We must act either way. Soon our secret location here will be discovered and they will come to get us either way it goes. The Burning Crusade must be stopped."

GP

Name
    Makira Sheara
    Race
    Avian
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Green/Blue/Grey mix
    Build
    5'7"/130 lbs.

She followed the servant to her room. The phoenix waking only to choose another spot in the room to perch and sleep on. Makira walked to the bed stripping and folding her clothes. It was a nice room, the bed warm and comfortable. She lay against the feather down pillows, the soft cotton blanket more than a long needed comfort. She smiled. Her wings weren't bothered at all by this.

Her mind filled with thoughts of the next day, She chuckled at herself. There was no way to know the future, to know the outcome of the next day. It was an impossibility to know such a thing. Yet, here she was trying to do that very thing. The best one could hope for in predicting the future, is to prepare for anything foreseeable. That was all, and hope it will be enough. She smiled if nothing else, tomorrow would prove an interesting day.

GP

Name
    MetalDrago Scorpio
    Race
    Dragonian
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Orchid
    Build
    6'4"/206lbs.
    Job
    None

MetalDrago slowly took in everything his commanding officer told him. The simple fact that Xem’Zund himself was due to show up on the morrow didn’t do much to keep the dragonian warrior’s faith up. However, he believed his commanding officer in that they would be able to win. “If you truly believe we can win, I believe you. The Protocol will not let us die so easily.”

The Paladin sat, his hands over the map, as if considering making another note on the map. However, the ancient necromancer was a complete unknown, the kind of enemy he most despised. Accounting for a random element in plans is almost impossible. It’s a good thing I’m adaptable. MetalDrago thought to himself. He tapped his claws on the desk before picking up a loaf of bread and biting into it. In between mouthfuls, he said, “This is the beginning of one of our greatest challenges.”

Do not fear, my Paladin. The Armies of the Necromancer are nothing compared to my might. Nor is the Necromancer himself. Believe in me, that I will deliver your enemies unto Oblivion, and you shall have nothing to fear.

The cold darkness that was the Dark Lady surrounded the Paladin’s heart once more, giving him strength beyond anything he’d experienced before. “Yes… we will not lose. Not as long as She guides our path.” His eyes changed color slightly, gaining a slightly more azure hue to them, the symbol of his bloodlust. “Tomorrow will bring much pain… I’ll just have to enjoy it as much as I possibly can.” The Dragonian chuckled, which echoed throughout the room.

He stood up and walked to the window. “My Lord, when we first began working together, it was because the Will of N’Jal binds us. I’m not as eloquent as I should be when I speak of things like this. But now… something deeper seems to bind us. Something deeper than any sense of purpose, than any common path that we may walk…”

MetalDrago scratched his claws against the obsidian ‘windows’ that surrounded the room. None of the so-called windows in the entire city allowed light to filter through them. This was because a good majority of the Forsaken were weakened or hurt by sunlight, and preferred the shadows to the light. Considering tomorrow would be cloudy, this was good, as they could stage attacks all day with relative impunity.

Xem’Zund chose a relatively bad time to come and visit one of his Death Lords, that was for sure.

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    Lorenor would be the first to admit that he was afraid. He respected Xem'Zund's power first and foremost. It would be a challenge of legendary proportions. Lorenor had come a long way since he first woke up in those caverns in Haidia so many ages prior. Hearing MetalDrago speak, the mutant understood the lad's concern.

His hand rubbed his chin as he stood there deep in thought. Keeping his eyes locked on MetalDrago's person, Lorenor thought about what the situation at hand called for. For all sakes and purposes, Xem'Zund was a god. They had to take it upon themselves to defeat a god somehow. The mutant's hand clenched tightly until they started to shook and he popped the bones of his knuckles. A deep kind of rage resided in his stomach. Xem'Zund was a blight that was attempting to rip Althanas apart.

Lorenor could not stand for that.

A long pause of silence lasted for about five minutes before Lorenor finally spoke again. He knew MetalDrago had every right to be cautious about the situation. Hell, Lorenor himself was afraid. But that fear was also mixed with a certain level of excitement he had ill felt before this time period. The mutant looked at the floor for a moment and closed his eyes. As he did that, thoughts of the future filled his corrupted head. A future that normally would not exist.

A world without Xem'Zund.

Lorenor took a few strips of monster beef into his mouth and chewed on it for a few moments before opening his eyes again. He turned towards his companion, MetalDrago. There was a look of genuine affection on his face for his chosen second-in-command. The mutant would be the first to say that he loved MetalDrago. As much as someone like he was allowed to love family anyway.

"Indeed. For we are brothers you and I. Though we come from different peoples and different backgrounds, we have been bound by the Grand Scheme. Though we are both dark hearts, we know our place in the Grand Scheme." Lorenor continued. "We are brothers bound by the will of N'Jal." Lorenor said. "Whatever destiny we face on the morrow, we must be prepared to face it without fear. I believe in you my Captain, as N'Jal herself has believed in you."

"Though on the eve of battle, I have a request for you my old friend." Lorenor said calmly. "Walk with me. That we might share in our little township as if it was the last time we might have the opportunity to ever do so." The mutant waited to hear MetalDrago's response to the invitation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast