Mahogany Brown
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'9" / 165 pounds
    Job
    Infamous Tree-Hugger of the World's Ending

A Bounty Board

We have an adventurers board, as well as a criminal's board. I think most of you get the idea.

For those who don't...

Why not create a "Bounty Board". This is a thread where the current bounty on the head of a Player Character is posted be it the fact that he has comitted a crime of some sort. The way it would basically work would be...that the people on that list can be challenged by pretty much anyone - if the hunted character approves of the challenge, the hunter can post "Called *insert name*" into the thread.

The reward for defeating such a character would be a fair amount of GP correlating with the level of the outlaw - and to make things somewhat interesting, you will only get your reward if you defeat the character ICly, which should be tricky enough as there could be a "min. level" limitation for the Bounty Board...Say Player Characters level five and up (just an example) can be posted onto the bounty board by the responsible moderator.

It's a rough sketch, but how about it? I think it would give this place an unseen dimension of battle activity and intensity.

Example:

Bounty Board:

Zieg dil'Tulfried (Bounty: 10000 GP - DoA (Dead or Alive))

-----------

Damion Shargath -> After providing a proof that Zieg dil'Tulfried has accepted my challenge... Called Zieg dil'Tulfried

-----------

The moderator then marks the name of the called hunted red in the first post for as long as the battle is taking place.

Given the logic thought that everyone posesses around here, Damion would have not the slightest chance of killing Zieg whatsoever, thus he would not be rewarded the GP (even if the grand Damion Shargath would win in OOC terms/judging....yeah right...anyway...he would simply receive the regular EXP and GP award).

The Moderator can now mark the name of the hunted back to white and he is once more up for bounty. You could basically raise the bounty on the head of the hunted if he survives a battle with a bounty-hunter.

----

How does the idea sound? If it finds approval of some sort I would be glad to type up the presice "how it works".
    Last edited by Damion Shargath; 07-14-06 at 07:30 PM.
    Resurrected for massive torture,
    he couldn't be further from the truce.
    A godslaughtering-murder-machine,
    walking to the symphony of the deceived.
    Loveless. Godless. Flawless.

- Level 5 -
    - Gräuel -

Hate, Congregate, Dominate, Eliminate

Carpetmuncher
    EXP: 1,354, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 646
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 646
    GP

Name
    Luc Kraus
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5' 6'' 145 lbs

I think it's an interesting idea, but it seems too... (I don't know the word, as usual) to be implimented as an official Althanas dealie. But I don't see the issue with a board like this place on the OOC boards. Of course, that sort of thing is allowed under our rules, provided that the player posting the bounty has the gold to pay the reward.

Ya kno?
    Cold, jade eyes that liquify
    eyes that are merciless,
    staring in mute mockery
    and in mockery of the muteness

EXP: 26,550, Level: 5
    Level completed: 94%, EXP required for next level: 450
    Level completed: 94%,
    EXP required for next level: 450
    GP

Name
    Damion Shargath
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Mahogany Brown
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'9" / 165 pounds
    Job

I was thinking of the force behind the "Bounty Board" as some Althanian law enforcement - thus no problem with paying the money come it that the hunted are actually defeated. I doubt all of us shit money like Ithermoss

Oh, and aside from that - it wouldn't be so easy to defeat them and receive a reward, as the Bounty will incorporate a lot of different factors: one of them being "bring me that and that item of him/her" - makes it more difficult and could lead to some interesting twists in a story if you catch my drift.

Then there's always the possibility for powerful enough characters to storm the fund section of the local Bounty HQ hoping to be spoiled with whatever interesting things might be there...that's another story though.
    Last edited by Damion Shargath; 07-14-06 at 07:48 PM.

- Level 5 -
    - Gräuel -

GP

Name
    Osato Lysser
    Race
    Soulless
    Hair Color
    Brownish, with off white crown
    Eye Color
    Deep blue
    Build
    6' // 195 lbs
    Job
    mercenary

And how would you go about collecting the bounty? I mean, not many people that would have a bounty would be like... "OOh OOh, pick me... I want my character killed or thrown into jail!"

It's a very realistic idea, and therefore not going to work too well with the populace of Althanas. I thought about it before, or just using a smaller scale bounty system for regional activity... but it doesn't make much sense.

GP

Name
    Damion Shargath
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Mahogany Brown
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'9" / 165 pounds
    Job

Well, generally the moderator of that board would sit down with a couple others versed with the "who is who" of Althanas and determine who gets on the list and who doesn't.

If you're put listed...it's basically a privilege. You'd gain some respect, but not resposibility. The people on the list would never be obliged to accept a single challenge, though they can if they want to. Think of them as...good at hiding and/or runnig if they don't...

They'd basically be given the regular (I assume) opportunity to show some cocky adventurers out there where their place really is

- Level 5 -
    - Gräuel -

GP

Name
    Vorin Káno
    Race
    Vampire
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Luminescent Blue
    Build
    6'1", 175 lbs.
    Job
    Connoisseur

I never thought Althanas had a sigular law enforcement agency. Sounds like a relaly modern idea. I mean, can't people just do threads like this, requesting in the spoils your reward. I don't think we need a board with PCs on it. Because, if you catch your quarry, somethings going to happen to them.

It's interesting, but I think Althanas would need to unify into one nation state for their to be a single "who's bad" board to go after. But you could always do a thread about it, several in fact.
    "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste
    I've been around for a long long year, Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ, Had his moment of doubt and pain
    Made damn sure that Pilate, Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you, Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you, Is the nature of my game?"Sympathy for the Devil - Guns n Roses, cover of The Rolling Stones

I am a pudding pop

EXP: 1,200, Level: 1
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 800
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 800
    GP

Name
    Doji Ki
    Race
    nine tails
    Hair Color
    jet black hair and fur, silver tips on the tails
    Eye Color
    Violet
    Build
    the tails add some weight
    Job
    kenshi

The idea is interesting but it's really pourly balanced. One side has nothing to lose and the other has nothing to gain. I mean who'd want to accept a challenge if all it meant was that winning meant some guy wouldn't be getting any money. While liquid time would take care of Jail in a spit but it just doesn't seem like it'd work since there is no reward for one side.
    Voted 2006's Cutest character yay I won an award^^

God bless me I'm a free man
    With no place free to go- Neko Case

level 6

EXP: 114,082, Level: 13
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 4,918
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,918
    GP

Name
    Damon Kaosi/Glen Lambert
    Race
    Unknown
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'9"/ 155
    Job
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Osato
    And how would you go about collecting the bounty? I mean, not many people that would have a bounty would be like... "OOh OOh, pick me... I want my character killed or thrown into jail!"

It's a very realistic idea, and therefore not going to work too well with the populace of Althanas. I thought about it before, or just using a smaller scale bounty system for regional activity... but it doesn't make much sense.
    Well I mean some characters already have IC bounties, Zeph in Raiaera, Molotov in Corone. Since it adds to their IC legacies, I don't think characters would be all that opposed. Plus, if a character ends up in jail, there is always a story there dealing with jail break. Izvilvin has been arrested, Molotov has been thrown into the Labyrinth in Haidia...
    This might be our only chance.

The Demon Knight
    EXP: 40,922, Level: 7
    Level completed: 66%, EXP required for next level: 3,078
    Level completed: 66%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,078
    GP

Name
    Zieg dil' Tulfried
    Race
    Haidian
    Hair Color
    Crimson
    Eye Color
    Blood Red
    Build
    6'4" / 290 lbs
    Job
    High General of the Haidian Army in Haidia

What'd I ever do to you?!!?!?
    ~7~

"The one who does not have the courage to look at the truth is called a coward. A coward is afraid..."

GP

Name
    Damion Shargath
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Mahogany Brown
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'9" / 165 pounds
    Job

Ever hear the phrase "Kill your Idols"? XD

Just kidding, I was recently typing up my post in Cage One, and you had just been mentioned...additionally you're a demon leading an evil army...correlates with Damion's alignment somehow - thus I just thought of you. A high level, powerful character, who's unlikely to be killed by some halfwit bounty hunter.

Back on topic. Thanks INDK for the examples - those were things I didn't know. So...it's, as I percepted it, a pretty nice thing enhancing activity out there with yet a lot of freedom. So what I'm going to do...is see if I can catch Matt on this thing.
    If the general idea is approved of, I'll write up the specific rules of this whole deal. Then I'll send it to a veteran of this site or two, to get it double checked, correct it if necessary - then submit it to Matt...and we're all set to hunt some people we can't possibly kill

- Level 5 -
    - Gräuel -

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast