Red
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'9" 145 lbs.
    Job
    Thief

Chase the Rain

Closed to Reine. Follows the events of Safer Waters.

The bottle sat upon the table a crystal clean glass sat next to it. The two were a marriage of desperation, even as a gloved hand picked up the bottle and tilted it into the glass, filling it with an amber fluid. The light of the nearby candle expanded easily through the room as the gloved hand lifted it to the lips of its master. The light revealed much, it revealed a place filled with various Fae and Darconids. Some were looking at the owner of the hand with disdain, other with a morbid curiosity.

It was nothing the Master wasn't used to.

The hand obediently followed its master's whims and placed the glass, half empty upon the table once more. The wood was worn and weathered, a veteran of a thousand desperate attempts at getting drunk, and would probably weather a thousand more. Even as the figure sat upon a rickety chair, more of an amalgamation of wood in the likeness of a chair than any true means of seating.

The hand rose, brushing a stray lock of crimson red from the worn face of the Master. It stayed there for a moment, shading stormy grey eyes from others view. Giving him the briefest of moments, where he could believe that he indeed did not have to be in Dheathain. As much as the Master hated Dheathain, he was happy to be out of his last locale. He loathed Radasanth with a horrid distaste. After all Radasanth had few good memories, but a sizeable collection of bad ones.

Some had even followed him here.

Hopefully one of the better ones would come sit with him soon. She had after all left the Master so long ago to see about a few things. Not that the Master minded, he merely needed time to sort himself out. He needed to accept the fact he was once more in the rich and vibrant lands of Dheathain, and that he was not going back to the ruins that had been his home for so long. Ruins that were home to a bed that he rarely used in favor of another's, and a woman who he had loved, a home now long since reclaimed by nature.

A woman who had warned him she would disappear one day and he would never be able to follow.

The night was humid sending a brief layer of moisture upon his skin, and rapidly cooling by the soft breezes. The buildings of the area had been propped up so that, with only a smattering of windows, a crisp breeze could prevail through most of the tavern, keeping its denizens cool, even with the oppressive heat about them. Already the vest that he had become accustomed to wearing, was sitting in his pack, and a couple of buttons on his shirt were loose. Following suit his sleeves had been rolled up in an attempt to expose more flesh desperately to the night's air.

A hand gently traced another reminder of the past. A slightly pink line that raced down the Master's forearm. It was the gift of a man who had tried to defend a ruthless tyrant. A man who used the underworld as his toy, to acquire things he truly didn't need. In the end the Master had killed the tyrant, but nearly lost use of that arm. Even now the Master felt exposed to those on the right, even with the reassurance his arm was alright. The Master sighed tiredly before he drank from the glass, more thoughts of the past rolling in.

It was just one of those nights.

Jared Cesarino was tired, and he just wanted to sleep.
    Last edited by Lavinian Ambition; 04-28-09 at 07:02 PM.
    All my life Ive been searching for somethin
    Somethin never comes, never leads to nuthin
    Nothin satisfies, but Im gettin close
    Closer to the prize at the end of the rope

All my Life - Foo Fighters

Roland's Revenge

Part 1 - Before I Forget...
    Part 2 - Whispers in the Dark
    Part 3 - Learn to Fly

EXP: 27,919, Level: 7
    Level completed: 12%, EXP required for next level: 7,081
    Level completed: 12%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,081
    GP

Name
    Faelynn 'Reine' Thiadore
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Golden Green
    Build
    5'3 / 117 lbs
    Job
    Professional Thief

Faelynn couldn’t believe it. Dheathain was even more than she expected. The cities looked so cool, the landscape was breath taking and unbelievable, how it could change so drastically, and the people, they were just plain amazing. She’d been gawking since the moment she stepped foot of the ship and had continued to do so all the way to Donnalaich. And you would guess how they’d gotten here so fast! They didn’t walk, no, that would have taken them days and been rather treacherous apparently. They hadn’t rode horses either. Instead, they had ridden on the back of a dragon, commanded by a Draconian, all the way here to Donnalaich! Most people treated that as such a normalcy, but to Faelynn, it was extraordinary. She’d never seen a dragon before in her life and the creature had been so beautiful and gentle even. It had even let her pet it, though the Draconian hadn’t seemed exactly pleased with that, her behaviour, or all of her questions. Apparently, she asked too many when she got excited. Jared had tried numerous times to get her to calm down, but had failed for each one. Eventually he’d just given up, much in the same manor she’d given up on flirting with him. A girl could only be turned down so many times before they were discouraged.

“Are you...okay, miss?”

Faelynn nodded her head as she continued to watch the man behind the counter, of the race known as Fae, heh, kind of funny. He was...amazing. His skin had this slight shimmer to it that she could see only when the light touched it in just the right way. His features were soft and one could say feminine, but still masculine in a beautiful kind of way. His hair was as black as night and carefully styled short upon his head. And the way he moved, it was so graceful. She could only hope to move like that in some way.

“Yes...”

The man narrowed silver eyes on her, gorgeous silver eyes with the barest hint of blue. Or maybe that was his dark, blue shirt reflecting into them.

“Then why are you starring at me?”

“Because I think you’re absolutely gorgeous...” She said offhandedly.

His eyes widened in surprise and a slight smile began to spread across his face, making him seem even more beautiful. He moved away from the rack of keys he’d be going through and walked over to her, then placed two keys on the counter before her.

“How long did you say you were staying?”

“Just the one night for now.”

He nodded and produced a book from behind the counter. Going to the first blank line, Faelynn signed her name along with Jared’s.

“That’ll be 70 gold pieces for the two rooms.”

She reached into her Bag of Infinity and pulled out exactly 70 gold pieces, placing them on the counter. As she pulled away, she scooped up the two keys and placed them in her pocket. With a smile and a sway to her hips, she turned and left The Fallen Leaf Inn or something like that. At least, the Fae behind the counter had said the name meant fallen leaf, or falling leaves. She hadn’t really been paying too close attention to what he had been saying.

She entered in the crystalline and beautiful city of Donnalaich. The architecture far beyond anything she had ever seen before. Perhaps even rivalling what the Elves built in Raiaera and was not being destroyed by Zem’xund’s forces. She moved through the streets with awe, not even caring about the looks she receives from the winged race that inhabited this land. It took her no time to head back to the tavern she’d left Jared in. The man’s mood had gone from bad to worse the moment they had stepped foot in Dheathain and she assumed it wasn’t going to get any better. Just perfect. She should have left him behind in Corone, at least then she could somewhat enjoy herself without feeling his bad mood hanging over her like a cloud.

When she entered the tavern, she saw that it had not improved any either. He was practically moping into the drink before him, staring off at nothing. Sighing and shaking her head, Faelynn pulled up a chair next to him and sat down.

“I got us our rooms, all we need to do now is visit that little Synthesis Shop. Or I could leave you here to wallow in your own self pity.”
    When the day has come
    But I've lost my way around
    And the seasons stop and hide beneath the ground
    When the sky turns gray
    And everything is screaming
    I will reach inside
    Just to find my heart is beating

Oh, you tell me to hold on
    You tell me to hold on
    But innocence in gone
    And what was right is wrong

Imagine Dragons - Bleeding Out

EXP: 12,507, Level: 4
    Level completed: 71%, EXP required for next level: 1,493
    Level completed: 71%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,493
    GP

Name
    Jared Cesarino
    Race
    Lavinian (Human)
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'9" 145 lbs.
    Job
    Thief

If Jared needed a hint of how Reine reacted to his moodiness, he didn't really have to look hard. The girl he had rescued in Radasanth from the Local Guild had been rather overt about her feelings towards Jared. Jared had in turned almost brushed her off with the ignorance he played to her flirting. He was more than certain the girl was going to toss him to the side if he kept it up for much longer. Shaking his head softly he let a dry chuckle leave his lips before he muttered more to himself, "Why don't you tell me what you really think of me?"

He then spied a glance at Reine. The girl wasn't exactly a drop dead gorgeous woman, but she wasn't hard on the eyes either. Jared had figured she was like the girl next door, wasn't exactly what most men aspired to, but if you managed to get her you weren't exactly sad about it either. By all rights and purposes Jared should have been hitting on her, she had made it clear earlier that she had been interested in him, yet every time they got close to being intimate, Jared felt himself freeze up.

It was at those times he finally understood what Serenity was talking about. His sister had warned him about becoming withdrawn because he had lost "the one". She always tried to push him into finding someone else every time his relationships blew up, and boy had they. Yet here he was moping around and possibly pissing off his partner on this trip.

She looked over at him and shook her head, sending her brown hair scattering about her. "Why don't you stop drinking first?"

"Fair enough, I suppose I have had a bit much tonight..." He replied before he lifted the cork and stuck it firmly in the bottle. Finding a bucket for the emptying of glasses nearby he quickly took his drink and poured it into the bucket with a casual flick of his wrist. He then looked over at her and set the glass upside down on the table before he spoke, "All ears."

Sighing, Faelynn leaned back in her chair, crossing her slim and bare legs. "Do you really want to do this?" She didn't even need him to respond, she could tell by the look on his face. "Fine... I think you're an interesting person, but you have a lot of things you need to work out in your head before any woman is going to come within two feet of you. You seem... nice, after all, you saved me, but I wonder about why you bother putting yourself in danger over strangers. Hoping to see a familiar face? Rescue a certain person? I don't pretend to know you, because I don't."

He sat there absorbing the words for a bit before he picked up the bottle and looked at it. Tossing it firmly in the bucket he heard the shattering of glass as a few of the other tavern goers looked at the red headed Lavinian. He could even feel Reine's eyes upon him, possibly wondering what caused such an outburst before he spoke, "You're right of course. You don't know me, and that's mainly my fault. I'd say lets start over, but that's frankly not going to fly. Starting over may have been alright on the boat ride here, but now I've been blubbering about like a fool for too long. Starting over at this point is probably insulting."

"It would be." She said as she raised a single, brown eyebrow. "But that doesn't mean you can't try to make it up to me..."

"Well then, let me answer your question, since I've been avoiding it. That night I was out looking for a fight. I saw the guys cornering you, and I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone, rescue you, and get what I craved. See, Radasanth knows me too well, because I killed one of the underworld King Pins. That was also how I met my last girlfriend, who disappeared on me. It's been...difficult to come to terms with that." The words hung out there for a bit before he stretched preparing for the walk to the inn. There was a lot said for her to digest. After all she hardly knew him, and he was telling her stuff she probably couldn't even guess at.

He then shook his head before he looked up at her, "I'm not looking at you as a replacement, and I'm sure you know that. Thanks for putting up with me, and if I get that moody again, you have every right to hit me. I'm here on your time, not my own. If I'm going to be a long suffering jackass I'm going to do it when I'm not around a cute girl."

Roland's Revenge

Part 3 - Learn to Fly

GP

Name
    Faelynn 'Reine' Thiadore
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Golden Green
    Build
    5'3 / 117 lbs
    Job
    Professional Thief

She didn’t smile at his attempt to flirt with her. She didn’t feel it was appropriate. Faelynn didn’t even know why he was telling her things like that. He barely knew her. He’d basically just picked her up off the street all because a bunch of thieves had decided it would be fun to beat her head in with a wooden pole. He didn’t even know her real name! She should probably change that. After all, Jared trusted her enough to share so much about him and yet she could not even trust him enough to give him her real name. But she was cautious about things like that. The name Reine gave her anonymity when she stole things. It kept her family safe and her family was everything to her. If she lost that she didn’t know what she would do.

“I’ll keep that in mind...” She said rather offhandedly.

Personally, she didn’t really know what to do in this situation. Though Jared had intrigued her in the beginning, it had not lasted very long, especially when she realized just how emotionally broken he was. She wasn’t here to pick up the pieces of his life and help him put himself back together. He could do that himself. She didn’t know him enough to care to help him and barely understood why he was even following her. Did he suddenly think her a good piece of ass to chase after? If he did, he wasn’t showing it and she’d only turn him down now.

Pushing her chair out and scraping the wood against the floor, Faelynn stood. “C’mon, Jackass, we’re heading out to the Synthesis Shop before we bunk down for the night.”

She watched a mischievous smirk spread across his face before he stood up. As she turned her back on him, he let out a bray quite similar to that of a donkey. Raising a slender, brown brow, Fae turned back around towards him.

“Hey, if the shoe fits...”

Shaking her head, she turned to leave the tavern, with him dutifully following behind her.

Outside, the cool air of Dheathain caressed her body, ruffling her clothes and sending a cascade of goose pimples across her skin. Fog had begun to role in from somewhere along this massive continent, making the air thick with moisture and causing the temperature to plummet. The weather in Dheathain really did turn upon a whim. It had been sunny when she had left the Inn.

Shivering, Faelynn stopped just outside the door and turned to Jared. “Well, you’re the one that knows your way around this city...”

((Sorry, pretty dead right now for inspiration. Unless you have something important that needs to happen, I'd just skip right to them walking into the Synth Shop.))
    When the day has come
    When the sky turns gray
    I will reach inside

You tell me to hold on
    But innocence in gone

GP

Name
    Jared Cesarino
    Race
    Lavinian (Human)
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'9" 145 lbs.
    Job
    Thief

Jared got the feeling his little joke didn't help the situation any. After all he had been acting like a rather large jackass till recently, what with the soreness at Garret poking him every five seconds about how depressing he was being. Couple that with the fact he came more on a whim than any real request from her, and he was more than certain she was questioning his sanity.

Course that was something he did every day, especially with Seth, who still seemed mysteriously quiet.

Come on old man, surely you got something to say?

A derisive snort filled his head before Seth's voice spoke scathingly, Fix your own damn relationship problems. I'm here to make sure you don't kill yourself.

Giving the Lavinian Demon a defeated sigh he moved out into the city, as he helped Reine navigate the city. Slipping through crowds he tried to fight through the haze of Alcohol and look somewhat imposing. Then again, imposing to Jared and imposing to the rest of the world was two entirely different definitions. Jared Cesarino was a pragmatic pacifist, that wasn't to say he wouldn't fight; sure he'd fight in self defense. He just hated killing.

Some of these people had no such qualms. The city was filled with Fae and Draconids moving about the area, with little to no care about the two humans moving through the city. Even still it was warm outside, the temperature barely lower than inside the small tavern that Reine had picked him up from. He ventured a glance back to check on how she was doing, and gave out a softer sigh.

He really had to do something right for her, it wasn't right the shit he had put her through, not at all. It seemed more like something Seth would have...

Finish that thought and you'll regret it Cesarino, don't even think to compare us in the realm of romance.

Luckily for Reine, she never heard a word of it, Jared had become more adept at keeping his mouth from running towards the bit of Seth Dahlios that resided in his head. Even now, he wasn't sure just how it had happened, but that little bit of the Lavinian Demon was both blessing and curse.

Tonight, it was just annoying.

Finally he managed to break through the crowds to their destination. A sign hung from a pole that stretched out over the street proudly declaring the shop. Of course, the sign was in two languages he couldn't even make out, let alone comprehend. He reached the door and looked back over his shoulder to Reine before he spoke, "Well, we're here. I got something I've been thinking about getting for awhile too. I'll even promise not to be a depressing jackass if you let me tag along. I'm house trained too..."

He held his breath slightly, pondering if his little joke would even get a smirk from the girl.

Roland's Revenge

Part 3 - Learn to Fly

GP

Name
    Faelynn 'Reine' Thiadore
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Golden Green
    Build
    5'3 / 117 lbs
    Job
    Professional Thief

Reine looked from the gently swinging and exquisitely carved sign to the redheaded thief standing before her, a man that had quite possibly saved her life. The look placed upon the smooth features of his face said it all; he was trying to lighten the mood. He was trying to win something back from her, a smile, a laugh, something that would say he wasn’t entirely in the dog house anymore. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to let him off all that easily. He’d brooded for the entire boat trip over here and the moment they’d hit solid ground and made it to their destination, he’d found the nearest tavern and buried his face in the drink. He acted like some kind of defeated little boy. A brat that couldn’t get his way so he was going to sulk in the corner until someone gave him a cookie.

And why should she give him a cookie?

Sighing, Reine pinched the bridge of her nose. “I’m not particularly interested in something that’s housebroken. If I want a pet, I’ll buy a dog.”

Giving Jared a level look, she turned and moved passed him, pushing open the heavy wooden door. Only a few inches inside the shop, she stopped and stared around at the dim setting, completely and utterly awed. It felt...mystical to her. She couldn’t seem to describe it any other way. Strange, new, unknown? She didn’t know. The windows were covered in heavy, purple drapery. The walls were lined with shelves and bookcases packed with items that she would never even try to identify. Some things seemed all too obvious to her; the weapons and the armour, the jars containing what she assumed to be body parts of native animals and more containing plants, rocks and bugs. The place was not even lit by any candles. In fact, the gentle bluish-purple glow that eclipsed the entire store emanated from several strategically placed crystals. Crystals of all things!

“Wow...this place is...incredible!” A large smile had spread across her face. One of the first one she’d had since coming to this land.

Fae stepped further into the shop, practically drawn into it. Her fingers brushed against the shelves and bookcases containing so many new and interesting things. She felt like a child looking at a new and wonderful world. And really, she probably was. Dheathain was certainly like no other place she’d ever been before and now that Raiaera seemed to be crumbling under the forces of Zem’xund, could this land be even more vast and beautiful than it?

As her steps silently fell upon the wooden floor, Faelynn became aware of a strange fact though. At the back of the shop lay a counter and normally she would find the owner or at least an attendant back there. However, it lay empty. A few items, some open jars with ingredients she didn’t want to think about and some very large books lay scattered about, but not an actual person.

“Odd...” She said rather softly. “Hello? Is there anyone here?” Her voice began to rise with each word she spoke and her feet eventually brought her to the edge of the counter. At the back she could see another of those heavy purple curtains, but this one waved gently as if a breeze lay beyond. Perhaps it covered not a window but a doorway.

She could hear the heavy footsteps of Jared moving about the shop as well, but she ignored them. Just a second ago she thought she’d heard what sounded like a voice from the other side of the curtain. She couldn’t be sure though. That was the last thing she remembered clearly before eyes finally focused once more on the ceiling of the shop.
    When the day has come
    When the sky turns gray
    I will reach inside

You tell me to hold on
    But innocence in gone

GP

Name
    Lasair Anubail
    Race
    Fae
    Hair Color
    Red with golden streaks
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    4'9 / 98 lbs
    Job
    Synthesis Shop Owner

“Oh no, oh no, oh no! This definitely isn’t good!”

Lasair stared down at the circle before her and the concoction of items she had thrown together hoping to make, well, it was kind of hard to describe. She wanted to make crystals that could record images, but she wasn’t really sure at how she should go about it. She should have done more research. Instead she’d thrown a bunch of items together that were not reacting very well. The item they had turned into was a conglomerate mess of something that wobbled and shook a bit and she was rather certain was going to explode if she didn’t do something about it. The problem was she didn’t know what to do and if she had one more explosion in her shop Aileen was going to get very upset. The customers at the shop next door did not like it when the walls and ceiling shook because things blew up.

Jumping up from her kneeling position, she rushed over to the shelf a few feet from her and grabbed an empty jar off of it. Yes, an empty jar should do the trick. Carefully she approached the item and placed the jar over top. Then she had the sudden realization that jars were made of glass and if it exploded then shards of glass were going to go flying at her. Of course, when she went to grab the jar the item twitched which caused her to squeal.

Just then, she heard the voice of someone calling out from the other room.

“Oh no, customers. I’ll have to save them. If this thing explodes while they’re in the shop it could endanger them!”

Bolstering her courage, Lasair rushed out of the back room and saw two humans standing in her shop and one rather confused and curious looking woman at the counter.

“Duck and cover!” She yelled at the two of them. The redheaded man that looked kind of familiar did exactly as she said. The female on the other hand just looked kind of confused.

“Eh?”

Knowing the blob could explode at any moment, Lasair wasted no time and leapt over the counter, throwing her meagre frame into the other woman. They both landed on the ground in a tangle of limbs, wings, clothes and hair. Covering her head with her hands, Lasair held her breath and waited. Then waited some more. But the item did not explode. Tentatively she raised her head and looked at the covered doorway, but not even the slightest sound came from beyond.

“Hmm... maybe it’s not going to explode.” She said in a rather thoughtful voice. “Well that’s good!”

“Umm...do you think you could get off me then?”

Blinking, Lasair looked down at the woman. She was practically sitting on her stomach and had one of her hands braced just above one of her breasts.

“Oops!” Giggling, the small Fae got off the human woman. “Sorry about that, I had an experiment that went wrong and I thought it was going to explode. Good thing it didn’t though.” She smiled brightly and helped the woman to her feet. “So, what can I help you two with?”

“We're both here to get something made...” The woman said slowly as she brushed her clothes off.

“Then you’ve definitely come to the right place!” Lasair practically skipped into the back of the counter. In a quick motion, she pushed the mess to one side and stood there patiently waiting. “Well? What is it that the two of you—hey, don’t I know you?” She tilted her head to the side as she glanced over at the man with curious golden eyes. He swore he looked familiar.
    The Fantasy Level One

"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed."
    -G.K. Chesterton

"Wisdom begins in wonder."
    -Socrates

Plushie Most Wanted List:

- Findelfin ap Fingolfin
    - Dan Lagh'ratham
    - Storm Veritas
    - Letho Ravenheart
    - Damon Kaosi
    - Seth Dahlios

GP

Name
    Jared Cesarino
    Race
    Lavinian (Human)
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'9" 145 lbs.
    Job
    Thief

"Hello Lasair, it’s been awhile..." Jared replied. Slowly he brushed himself from getting up, lodged somewhere between what he could only assume was the spell components section, and things he'd rather not guess at their true nature. It helped the sanity when you just remained blissfully ignorant.

The shop hadn't changed at all since he had last been here, talking about crystals that allowed people to converse at a distance. It was one of a myriad of Brotherhood toys and plans, and now one of a myriad of failures. And all because the fearless leader had abandoned ship, was it a waste of time. Part of him was angry, after all Kyo had seemed too loyal to the group to just up and leave it. Still there was that sadness, that persistent sadness that came from a stolen heart. He merely buried it deep in his heart; he’d deal with those emotions when Reine wasn’t around to get upset at his moping.

Shaking his head to clear the fog he focused on the here and now. Getting caught up in nostalgia was only going to piss off Reine, and he was trying to avoid that at all costs. Not that he genuinely felt the need to do so, but rather than he felt the desire to make amends with the woman he had saved in Corone. Walking up to the counter he shook his head chuckling before he said, "I'm actually here about something for myself. Up in Lavinya we called it fairy dust, basically glitter that clings to everything in an area, allowing us to see hidden items or people..."

He delicately avoided mentioning the Bandit Brotherhood. He didn't need to explain to Reine why he no longer associated himself with the group, even if the rumors of it restarting back in its home had resurfaced. It seemed that the group had been resurrected no less than four times, and each had been a disaster. Ever since Gild Sorrain had taken over the group it had failed to ever reach its former glory.

Lasair placed her long, slender finger against her lips as she tilted her head to the side and looked up. She remained silent a moment or two, her brow furrowing in deep thought. "Umm... you mean like... it clings to invisible things?"

"Pretty much, I don't like surprises, well not as much anymore. So I figured you might be able to make me a bag of the stuff that wouldn't run out..." Jared replied as he brushed some of the loose and wild hair from his face.

"Oh!" The wings on her back fluttered in excitement, sending a small amount of glittering powder flying through the air. "So you want a never-ending pouch of modified Fae-Dust! Or would it be an ever-lasting pouch... do they mean the same thing in common? Oh, I guess that doesn't matter, but that's what you want, yes?"

Jared chuckled reminded of Serenity when she got excited about an idea. His sister's traits seeming to fit perfectly upon the Fae's own. Glad for the cheerful reminder of family he continued, "Yeah, that's exactly it, and you're right, they're the same thing. What would I need for something like that? And how much should I be paying?"

Lasair blinked in confusion. "Paying? But it doesn't cost anything to get things made at The Synthesis Shop! You just need to bring me the ingredients. Truth be told, I use the left over items and sell them, or make things from them and sell them that way! Oh, but you need the necessary items first." Lasair cleared her throat, then yelled rather loudly from someone her size. "Godhand! I need my tome on crystals!"

A mumbled shout could be heard in response from the back room, which only caused Lasair to giggle. A moment later, a twelve inch plushie version of Godhand Striker walked out carrying a tome far bigger and heavier than he.

"Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah..." He said as he wandered off. Smiling, Lasair lifted the tome onto the desk and began leafing through it. "Thankfully this enchantment will be rather simple." Grabbing a piece of parchment and a quill she began writing things out. A few minutes later, she finished and handed the paper to him. On it was listed; 1 foot of leather, two handfuls of Mana Dust (the stuff that comes off the wings of Fae), 1 crystalized vortex or black hole, and 1 arthru crystal.

Looking at the paper he raised an eyebrow before he nodded firmly, "Thanks Lasair." He then looked over at his traveling companion before he said, "Well, guess it’s your turn..."

Roland's Revenge

Part 3 - Learn to Fly

GP

Name
    Faelynn 'Reine' Thiadore
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Golden Green
    Build
    5'3 / 117 lbs
    Job
    Professional Thief

Faelynn had patiently watched the exchange between the two of them. Just like Jared had mentioned, he did seem to know the owner of the shop, but curiously enough she recognized him but could not place him. Had basically said so herself and asked him from where they had met. He’d strategically avoided the question and gone straight into business, possibly taking advantage of her ditsy behaviour. She seemed like a small child that couldn’t focus on something for too long. Fae couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if she waved something shiny in front of the girl’s face.

A quick image came to her mind of dangling something shiny before the small Fae, then plucking it up every time her small hands tried to reach for it. She couldn’t help but find it absolutely adorable and hilarious at the same time. Then when she looked back at the small woman she totally believed it would happen and had to cough to hide a barely choked out laugh.

“Sorry about that, had something caught in my throat.” Faelynn said as a slightly, embarrassed blush touched her cheeks.

Stepping up to the counter, Faelynn bit down on her bottom lip, trying to think of the best way to describe the item she wanted. If this Lasair really could make it, it would make her thieving that much easier. “I’m looking for something that would allow me to see in not only darkness, but complete darkness. A portable version of what some races naturally have as night vision. Something I can take on and off.”

The small woman smiled brightly, and her golden eyes practically sparkled with excitement. It was almost infectious how happy she seemed all the time. “So, you want a pair of night vision goggles or glasses?”

‘Hmm... yeah, something like that, but I want it to wrap around my whole face almost in like a thin… umm… band… or…” Not really knowing how to describe it, Faelynn traced the lines across her face. She basically just wanted it to fit right on the bridge of her nose like normal glasses and wrap around to her eyes. But instead of two lenses, she wanted one constant band.

“Oh, I see what you mean!”

The Fae began rapidly turning the pages of the same book before her, as she searched for something. When she found it, she grabbed another piece of parchment and began scribbling as well. Then, she called for two more books from that little stuffed thing known as Godhand. It brought them and she went to her work once more. When done, she handed the parchment to Faelynn. There were not too many items on it, but it seemed like more than what Jared had. She needed to collect 1 clear crystal, 2 pitch black crystals, 3 fire flies, the eyes of a Runda, 7 grams of prevalida and a handful of mana dust. It seemed like between the two of them, they needed a lot of mana dust.

“Thanks…” Faelynn said rather absently as she looked over the list.

“Oh! I wrote some guidelines for finding some of the harder items on the back, but really, neither of the things you two want is really hard to mak—I remember now!” The small woman practically squealed as she clutched her hands together and jumped into the air. Faelynn on the other hand almost had a heart attack.

“Gah! Remember what?”

She appeared to ignore her. “You’re from The Bandit Brotherhood and your name is Jared! You came in with that Akashima woman who was leading the Brotherhood and the two of you were looking for some interesting items to help you. I heard that the group was abandoned a little while ago and neither you nor Kyo ever came back with the ingredients for you synthesis. Is Kyo okay?”

In all honestly, Faelynn barely heard much beyond ‘The Bandit Brotherhood’. Jared had been a member of that legendary group? She’d heard about it, hell, she practically idolized them, or truth be told she idolized Yari Rafanas. The man was an inspiration to almost any thief and she wished she could do in her life a third of what he had done in his. But Jared, a member of the BB? Was he not already in the Lavinian Guild? How could he be in both at the same time? Did this have something to do with his feelings for this place?

Faelynn glanced over at the man. He seemed tense, but beyond that, she couldn’t read the emotion on his face. She didn’t know him enough. All she knew was that something had happened in Dheathain, something that hung on his heart and would not go away. Why had he agreed to come here then?
    Last edited by Witchblade; 06-10-09 at 06:50 PM.
    When the day has come
    When the sky turns gray
    I will reach inside

You tell me to hold on
    But innocence in gone

GP

Name
    Jared Cesarino
    Race
    Lavinian (Human)
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'9" 145 lbs.
    Job
    Thief

He froze, hearing Kyo's name upon another's lips. He fought back the crushing despair of her betrayal, her leaving him. Looking at Lasair he gave a wistful sigh before he spoke calmly, or as calmly as he hoped he could, "I wouldn't know, haven't seen her in months. If you catch sight of her, could you tell her she can find me in the usual spots?"

Lasair blinked in surprise. "Uh, oh... well, umm...sure!" Jared was more than certain she had been taken aback by such a request. Jared usually held back around other members of the Bandit Brotherhood. When they were both in Dheathain, Jared had taken to acting like a proper boyfriend to the enigmatic ninja. It was mainly because he could, and more so because Kyo didn't complain.

Once more he tried to hide the jagged wounds her leaving him had created as he thanks Lasair for the time and the list. Assuring her he'd be back soon enough, before he moved out of the shop and stepped outside quickly, taking a steadying breath. Even if it felt a bit ragged, showing clearly he was not ready for this.

But really if he wasn't ready now, when would he be? He had to move on with his life, and perhaps tearing the scab off the wound was the right thing to do. Perhaps dealing with it head on would cure the pain he felt deep in his heart, where that had only been the bliss of Kyo. Shaking his head to clear it he looked up at the night's sky before he muttered, "I really shouldn't have drank before I visited Lasair. I'm getting too emotional..."

It was at that time the skies began to let forth a gentle trickle of rain. Jared's face turned up to the sky as a gentle smile crossed his face. A hand ran through his hair, forcing it from his face as the water began to dampen his hair, holding it in place. A gentle laugh left his face at the warm water upon his face before he spoke softly, "I almost forgot my favorite part about this place."

No matter how dire things got, this place always washed away the past.

Looking over his shoulder to find his companion he kept the smile on his face as he offered a hand back, “Shall we?”
    Last edited by Lavinian Ambition; 06-03-09 at 07:31 PM.

Roland's Revenge

Part 3 - Learn to Fly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast