Dark Red
    Eye Color
    Sun and Sky Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Adventurer

View Profile
    Losers of battles get a lot less EXP than the winner, Petoux. That makes the IC win something to strive for, so that your character can level up sooner, rather than the minimal OOC "prestige" of 'my character beat theirs.' It means that competitors can communicate to make a battle something with an awesome storyline, and it means that if you and I got into a battle, I would be trying to write better than you, rather than to fight better than you.
    The Karu knows.

EXP: 4,350, Level: 2
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next level: 650
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next level: 650
    GP

Name
    Duke
    Race
    Moogle
    Hair Color
    Peach
    Build
    4' nothing

Sometimes, no matter what you think, You just score balls

That's the breaks.

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Petoux View Post
    I'm shocked in all honesty, of how low I scored. Imo ... I thought I did a shit load better job than last time.

No offense to the judge btw, just saying.

I appreciate all the feedback and stuff, but seriously ... THAT low?

wow ...

I honestly thought I was getting better ... not worse.
    One of the things about the rubric is that its subject to the Judge's experiences. In this case the poetry detracted, I had no feel for Sarah and there was a few flagrant errors in your posts. Arsene had much the same effect, so it might have just been one of those weeks where you're tired you throw up a post and magically its full of typos the next morning.

Also, don't we get double gold and exp in this round according the rules and all that? .. speaking of which, we didn't earn any gold.
    Semi-finalists do. Semi finals requires there be only two fights. This was the Quarter Finals unless I'm missing something Christoph promised.

1 more question:

How come the exp gain was pitifully low? Last time we got a lower overall score, won, and earned 500 exp ... now we had a higher overall score than last time, lost and earned 150 exp.

Wth?
    The battle formula awards based on the winners score, if you score in roughly the area Stalin did, they got 500, if you LOSE you only get a percentage of what the winner gets.

Congrats Stalin For Time. Good game! We will get you next time!

Hopefully you stick around and get to work on a character like Sara. I'd like to see how you stack up for the next one of these.
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

Do I at least get to throw all my fate points and xp and stuff onto Patrick, whenever I finish that Scara Brae quest?

Or, alternatively, we've got an assload of fate points, can we buy back into the next round?
    He's a lover, not a fighter
    But he's also a fighter, so don't get any ideas.
    - The most interesting man in the world.

Patrick(level 1) In the rest of Althanas
    Level 2

Fate point buy-ins only exist when there'll be an open slot during the next round. Since the next round will consist of four teams - Whole Glory, Stalin for Time, Body and Mind, and whoever wins in Penumbra Intersect vs. Tvier Velka Seula - there won't be an open slot unless one of those teams drops out between now and then. Whichever two teams make it through that round will be going for the gold, so once again, no fate slots.

But, you can use those fate points for experience to level up your character on Althanas.

GP

Name
    Morgoth Shi'Nito NightCast
    Race
    Legendary Shadow Beast
    Hair Color
    Night Black
    Eye Color
    Glowing Red
    Build
    7' 235 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeavelli View Post
    Or, alternatively, we've got an assload of fate points, can we buy back into the next round?
    I'm no judge, nor anyone important for that matter, but I would guess no in this case. We're down to semi-finals with four teams left; two threads apiece. Unless we had another four teams buy back in, and extend the tournament by another round, we'd be left with a wholly uneven balance in team pairings. This would serve to complicate a number of things: the procession of the tourney to a satisfying and fair conclusion, the complication of just how the rankings of the teams are formatted, among a variety of trivial nuances that would inevitably become nuisances.

EDIT: Shadowed's reasoning is more effective in this case. Ignore my rambling. =D

GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
    Fate point buy-ins only exist when there'll be an open slot during the next round. Since the next round will consist of four teams - Whole Glory, Stalin for Time, Body and Mind, and whoever wins in Penumbra Intersect vs. Tvier Velka Seula - there won't be an open slot unless one of those teams drops out between now and then. Whichever two teams make it through that round will be going for the gold, so once again, no fate slots.

But, you can use those fate points for experience to level up your character on Althanas.
    Two things.

1) It turns out that while my judging was sound, my math was not. There is a tie on Stalin for Time vs. Whispers in the Wind. A second judge will merely look over the thread and decide who he believes should win to break the tie. Since a tie is in an of itself a rare occasion I do not feel a full second judging will be necessary.

2) There will be no buying in from here on out. If a team drops out, the team that actually reached 12 posts and didn't have to rely on "who got more posts" will get the bye. This will allow the teams who won due to time out a chance to actually warm up and be prepared to fight for the finals.

3) At the end of this round I'll be putting up a thread for people to post in and receive EXP for their fate points. I believe the rate is 50 EXP per point?

GP

Name
    Thomas Saxon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

Mind explaining how you managed to mess up your math by that kind of margin and posted the results after the fact? Did you even check and re-check it multiple times to make sure you're correct on either account here?

Having some random judge inquire on who wins based on their opinion in the event of a tie is bogus, even for a tournament like this. I'm a little skeptical about this and the ethics behind having a former opponent judge our battle in the first place.
    Last edited by Saxon; 05-21-09 at 04:41 PM.
    HEY! If you are judging or adding experience to a quest of mine, READ THIS!

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    To Trump A Bluff.. (Best Quest of 2007)
    Almost Heroes

"To be evil is easy. It is far easier to destroy the light inside of someone then the darkness all around you." -The Night Watch

GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    Mind explaining how you managed to mess up your math by that kind of margin and posted the results after the fact? Did you even check and re-check it multiple times to make sure you're correct on either account here?

Having some random judge inquire on who wins based on their opinion in the event of a tie is bogus, even for a tournament like this. I'm a little skeptical about this and the ethics behind having a former opponent judge our battle in the first place.
    If you want you could probably have Arsene check it. He's a mod and would be able to check the versions and what was changed. I find it laughable that you think I have something out for you and that I'd actually change numbers on a scoring just to make you lose.

In fact, if the purpose was to make you lose, why didn't I change the numbers to make Whispers win then?

I'd say get over yourself if you're going to call bias on me. Atop this getting a second opinion at ALL on this judging is a rare event. You know that it usually only happens in a case of clear bias. The fact I'm calling in a second opinion to break a tie is only fair. I'm not going to ask our already beleaguered judges to have to trudge through and judge another thread within 48 hours.

And really its simple, when you're doing mental math over and over, you can and most times will mess something up. Especially when you're adding a long string of numbers together. Its a simple adding error Saxon. Even you could make those.

GP

Name
    Arsène Laurent
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'11"/155 lbs.

I generally dislike having to enter threads where my name was mentioned, but I believe we should all cool down and hold any accusations or insults we may have for one and other.

If only to save face to the forum as a whole.
    "I think I did as well as might be expected, seated as I was between Jesus Christ and Napoleon Bonaparte." - Prime Minister David Lloyd George, on President Woodrow Wilson and Premier Georges Clemenceau in Paris, 1919.

"The Ziggy Stardust cut is the only cool mullet that there's ever been." - Barney Hoskyns

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast