green
    Build
    5'3 / 100 lbs
    Job
    Walking Catastrophe

View Profile

help?

Hey Althanas,

After several days if not a few weeks. i have been thinking on how to effectivly Overhaul my Grammar, and it suddenly dawned on me.

Why not ask the Vet's for help?

i know it's inconveniant and i may get the go the hell away Response, cause of my recent actions.

but after finally settling into my apartment and finally ready to get back to Althanas as a better Writer. I Humbly ask for any help or suggestion on Overhauling my writing.

i will be Effectivly clearing the slate, cause i have been told my writing and all that is very Anime-ish. which i do not want unless i am writing a story that i hope to one day reach anime quality.

so Eveything is going out the window and i will be writing everything down and posting it on my wall above my computer desk so i will never forget what it was that has been said to me.

EXP: 71,445, Level: 10
    Level completed: 54%, EXP required for next level: 5,555
    Level completed: 54%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,555
    GP

Name
    Taydrius "Yari" Rafanas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    ~5'10 / 140 lbs
    Job
    King of Thieves

Sometimes I feel like you just post these to attract attention. You've asked for help a half a dozen times and every instance of that you are given multiple tips from many different people. However, you refuse to take any of them into practice. Your above post alone is full of errors like Randomly capitalizing Words that aren't proper or Anything LIKE that. It looks ridiculous.

I realize this is exactly the type of response you want to feed your little ego, but seriously, go take a class and start working on improving if you really want to. You have yet to show any effort, and this is exactly why nobody will help you.
    Sketches

I choose to live and to lie. Kill and give and to die.

War in Corone:
    *A Name With No Weight*
    *A Scarlet Mystery*

EXP: 2,350, Level: 2
    Level completed: 12%, EXP required for next level: 2,650
    Level completed: 12%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,650
    GP

Name
    Evelyne Blackwell
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Purple
    Eye Color
    green
    Build
    5'3 / 100 lbs
    Job
    Walking Catastrophe

View Profile
    that is not Entirely true. just most of the time i forget what has been said, most of the times i do remember and use most of what i have been told into my posts.

and i do realize that you think i am doing this just for attetion. i do admit that the posts before were so i could get a few threads going so i could use the tips, but i have forgotten most of them.

But this time around is different. i was supposed to go through and do a whole bunch of Grammar rules and print them off and post them where i will always see them as i write. and thats all this is for.

and i have taken a class for creative writing, but they never focused much on what i wanted to know, and i never actually wrote anything. it was all 'Theory' as some would call it, and not much 'Practical Application' which is how i learn.

so this time around i am going to be taking everything that has been said to me. writing down and posting on my wall. so i can never lose sight of them as i write, so i will no longer forget.

This is the final request for help whether people want to or not. is there choice.

Plus i do apolagize for whatever spelling errors or obvious grammar issues there are, for i am not writing this through a word processor.

GP

Name
    Jericho of Crossingtree
    Race
    Elkin (anthropomorphic elk)
    Hair Color
    (Fur): Honey brown
    Eye Color
    Mahogany
    Build
    6' 3", 195 lbs
    Job
    Hope for those who have none

Meh. I'm bored.

#1: Spelling. Firefox comes with a spell checker. ^_^

Hey Althanas,

After several days if not a few weeks. i have been thinking on how to effectively Overhaul my Grammar, and it suddenly dawned on me.

Why not ask the Vet's for help?

i know it's inconvenient and i may get the go the hell away Response, cause of my recent actions.

but after finally settling into my apartment and finally ready to get back to Althanas as a better Writer. I Humbly ask for any help or suggestion on Overhauling my writing.

i will be Effectively clearing the slate, cause i have been told my writing and all that is very Anime-ish. which i do not want unless i am writing a story that i hope to one day reach anime quality.

so Everything is going out the window and i will be writing everything down and posting it on my wall above my computer desk so i will never forget what it was that has been said to me.

#2: Capitalization. In English, we capitalize the first word of each sentence, the word "I," and names (Althanas, Sweden, Lord High Chancellor Letho...). Occasionally a word is capitalized to show Extra Importance, but this is done sparingly.

Hey Althanas,

After several days if not a few weeks. I have been thinking on how to effectively overhaul my grammar, and it suddenly dawned on me.

Why not ask the vet's for help?

I know it's inconvenient and I may get the go the hell away response, cause of my recent actions.

But after finally settling into my apartment and finally ready to get back to Althanas as a better writer. I humbly ask for any help or suggestion on overhauling my writing.

I will be effectively clearing the slate, cause I have been told my writing and all that is very Anime-ish. Which I do not want unless I am writing a story that I hope to one day reach anime quality.

So everything is going out the window and I will be writing everything down and posting it on my wall above my computer desk so I will never forget what it was that has been said to me.

#3: Using the Right Word.

Cause (n.): a person or thing that gives rise to an action. (v.): to make something happen. Because (conj.): for the reason that; since.

Hey Althanas,

After several days if not a few weeks. I have been thinking on how to effectively overhaul my grammar, and it suddenly dawned on me.

Why not ask the vet's for help?

I know it's inconvenient and I may get the go the hell away response, because of my recent actions.

But after finally settling into my apartment and finally ready to get back to Althanas as a better writer. I humbly ask for any help or suggestion on overhauling my writing.

I will be effectively clearing the slate, because I have been told my writing and all that is very Anime-ish. Which I do not want unless I am writing a story that I hope to one day reach anime quality.

So everything is going out the window and I will be writing everything down and posting it on my wall above my computer desk so I will never forget what it was that has been said to me.

#4: Complete Sentences. Sentences end with periods. They have to contain a subject and a verb.

After several days if not a few weeks. ...What? This doesn't even have a subject. End it with a comma, so it attaches to the next full sentence. It can't be a sentence by itself.

But after finally settling into my apartment and finally ready to get back to Althanas as a better writer. Same deal. However, even then you've got problems. "...and finally ready to get back to Althanas" doesn't make sense. It needs a verb.

Which I do not want unless I am writing a story that I hope to one day reach anime quality. Not a sentence--the "which" makes it a dependent clause. Like a dependent person, dependent clauses have to attach to a responsible independent clause, complete with subject and verb. End the sentence before this one with a comma.

#4: Comma Usage. Read.

#5: "unless I am writing a story that I hope to one day reach anime quality"? You're aware that being anime has nothing to do with being high-quality, right?

Oooh...la comida me llama. Good luck with all that grammary goodness. There's more to say, but...well. There are plenty of books that say it. Drop by your local library--there are, believe it or not, some well-written, less-than-stale grammar books out there.
    -
    Last edited by Jericho; 05-17-09 at 01:53 PM.
    When the night is at its darkest, look upon the eastern sky. The Light is on its way. ((ToC Profile))

GP

Name
    Jaleco Divineth
    Race
    Angel
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    6'5" 210 lbs. (7'1" with wings)
    Job
    Adventurer

Wow, "apolagize" was the only misspelled word I caught when skimming through that, and it was the word leading into the spelling errors portion... Maybe this is a cry for attention... JK! Anyway, have you tried talking to the creative writing teacher about that problem you have with the lack of practical application?
    Last edited by Jaleco; 05-17-09 at 03:33 PM.
    Be content with what you have, for God has said, "Never
    will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So say with
    confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid."

- Hebrews 13:5,6

And so once again, God lies...

GP

Name
    Lathienas Miraq
    Race
    Half-Elf
    Hair Color
    Black with a greenish sheen
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5`11``, 165 lbs
    Job
    At this rate woking in the Bazaar

#5: "unless I am writing a story that I hope to one day reach anime quality"? You're aware that being anime has nothing to do with being high-quality, right?
    In fact it can be quite the opposite....
    Threads:

"Who wants to seperate
    The world we know, from our beliefs?
    And who sees only black and white?
    Distinguish loss from sacrifice..."
    ~ Momento Mori - Kamelot

Miss Demeanor
    EXP: 28,185, Level: 7
    Level completed: 15%, EXP required for next level: 6,815
    Level completed: 15%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,815
    GP

Name
    Alydia Ettermire
    Race
    Alerian
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'6"
    Job
    Thief

View Profile
    If you want to remember the tips you've been given already, you can click on your name under the "Currently Active Users" line, scroll down to your "About me" section, click on the "Statistics" tab, and then click the link "Find all threads by Bandit Brother."

That way you can just look up what you've been given at-will, rather than making new threads all the time.
    Fortune favors the prepared.

EXP: 2,350, Level: 2
    Level completed: 12%, EXP required for next level: 2,650
    Level completed: 12%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,650
    GP

Name
    Evelyne Blackwell
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Purple
    Eye Color
    green
    Build
    5'3 / 100 lbs
    Job
    Walking Catastrophe

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathienas Miraq View Post
    In fact it can be quite the opposite....
    Haha, I do agree there. Some Animes seem to have been written by little kids instead of proper writers.

GP

Name
    Othar Almenneran
    Race
    Human (ish)
    Hair Color
    N/A
    Eye Color
    Blue (has 4)
    Build
    5` 5``/150lbs

What do you mean some?
    /generalisations

Ok that's not entirely true but in general....
    Threads:
    History Will Be Kind To Me ~ Relt PeltFelter & Sweet Oblivion & Yari Rafanas

W-L-T 1-0-0

But betrayal lies on you
    I can feel where this journey ends
    Final comfort, Last defence
    ~ The Black Halo - Kamelot

EXP: 46,568, Level: 9
    Level completed: 26%, EXP required for next level: 7,432
    Level completed: 26%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,432
    GP

Name
    Visla Layne Eraclaire
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Raw Umber Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    5'3" / 115 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Yari Rafanas View Post
    Sometimes I feel like you just post these to attract attention. You've asked for help a half a dozen times and every instance of that you are given multiple tips from many different people. However, you refuse to take any of them into practice. Your above post alone is full of errors like Randomly capitalizing Words that aren't proper or Anything LIKE that. It looks ridiculous.

I realize this is exactly the type of response you want to feed your little ego, but seriously, go take a class and start working on improving if you really want to. You have yet to show any effort, and this is exactly why nobody will help you.
    I'm sad that I didn't get to make this post. This is quoted for absolute truth.
    We talkin bout practice
    Not a game, not a game, not a game
    We talkin bout practice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast