Emerald
    Build
    5' 94lbs
    Job
    Archer

So the semi finals are starting

Thoughts of anything?

The pairings ... the arenas .... what?

As for the team we are (Whispers in the Wind) teamed up with, I find hilarious.

Because they are the team that do the podcasts (well at least one of them).

Why this is funny you ask?

Because in the podcast (the third one) they seemed almost certain we would lose against Saxon and his/her teammate.

Now ... I find it kinda ironic that we now are going to face them.

As for the other pairing ... seems pretty close to me.

Thoughts on who will make it to the finals and why?

As for me ... it's a toss up for anyone, I don't have any favorites. But if I HAD to guess ... I'd say Shadowed and his teammate will be in the finals.

Finals: The Whole Glory vs. Body and Mind. I don't think there's any question there.

GP

Name
    Morgoth Shi'Nito NightCast
    Race
    Legendary Shadow Beast
    Hair Color
    Night Black
    Eye Color
    Glowing Red
    Build
    7' 235 lbs

You seem confident partner.

EXP: 5,321, Level: 2
    Level completed: 9%, EXP required for next level: 3,679
    Level completed: 9%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,679
    GP

Name
    Sara SixBlades
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Maroon with white highlights
    Eye Color
    Emerald
    Build
    5' 94lbs
    Job
    Archer

Finals: The Whole Glory vs. Body and Mind. I don't think there's any question there.
    What gives you that feeling? You didn't really say.

Is it because of the team you are facing in the semi - finals? That you think that they don't have the skills you have in your opinion, or what?

It has nothing to do with my opponents. I'm sure they're excellent writers. I simply believe that I am better than anything I have seen so far on Althanas; there are only two people that I have seen on internet roleplaying forums that I consider my betters. One of them used to be my partner, and the other is a judge.

As for the other team, I believe that Whispers in the Wind won through luck (other teams dropping out) and being paired against teams that simply aren't the highest of quality. Christoph seems to know what he's doing, while as the judge pointed out, Petoux, you've got a lot to learn. Your partner can't carry you the entire way.

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
    As for the other team, I believe that Whispers in the Wind won through luck (other teams dropping out) and being paired against teams that simply aren't the highest of quality. Christoph seems to know what he's doing, while as the judge pointed out, Petoux, you've got a lot to learn. Your partner can't carry you the entire way.
    I will say this Shadowed. You're toeing the line of good taste. Those comments were written to help Petoux succeed, NOT to be used in a troll attempt. You're entitled to your opinion, but keep the trash talk above the belt.
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

Throbbing Member
    EXP: 101,041, Level: 13
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next level: 2,959
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,959
    GP

Name
    Godhand Striker
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Prematurely Gray
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    6'2"/205lbs
    Job
    Wine collector

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
    It has nothing to do with my opponents. I'm sure they're excellent writers. I simply believe that I am better than anything I have seen so far on Althanas; there are only two people that I have seen on internet roleplaying forums that I consider my betters. One of them used to be my partner, and the other is a judge.
    Normally I got no problem with dudes being cocky, but you're just...Terrible.

You're terrible.
    "I almost shook his hand but then I remembered I killed a man."
    -Camus, The Stranger

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
    -Denis Diderot

"But I can smile...And I can smile while I kill..."
    -King Ricardo

"I know this is going to sound like a joke but I am deadly serious: I didn't know it was jubilee week."
    -Johnny Rotten

Meet Mr. Man/My Inventory/Almost Great

I'm coming for you, Shadowed.

And the Deer is coming with me!

[hr]

As for this "me carrying Petoux" garbage - Every time we're up I get this flurry of PM's from him, advising, helping out, encouraging me to post, shouting at me to get my posts in, often with gratuitous exclaimation points. The sheer energy he's got is amazing.

I'm sure you've all noticed.

He also likes to go over my posts with a fine-toothed comb and point out anything I've done wrong. I tend to make some pretty obvious grammatical mistakes; and if I'd been going over his posts the same way he does for me, there wouldn't be this lack of faith I'm seeing right now.
    Last edited by Mikeavelli; 05-26-09 at 05:16 PM.
    He's a lover, not a fighter
    But he's also a fighter, so don't get any ideas.
    - The most interesting man in the world.

Patrick(level 1) In the rest of Althanas
    Level 2

Hardly trolling. Petoux asked why I felt that way; I know him from another forum, and he and I both agree that he has a lot of work to do to bring his writing up; he's said as much himself to me before.

Godhand: Cheers.

Mik: From what I've seen, you're a decent writer. Sure, everyone can use a proof reader, and I didn't mean to imply that Petoux wasn't doing anything; as your scores are averaged, he obviously had to do something to get you that tie. But you are the better writer of the two, and it was that gap that won you the tie last round.

As for his energy, I can't think of a political way to phrase a response, so let's just leave it at this:

Yes, I've noticed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast