White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by NightCast View Post
    What's bugging you, Mr. Sunshine?

Just because Christoph and BaBE actually took the time to amuse us with silly podcasts, and actually had the enthusiasm to put together something like that doesn't mean you should degrade their efforts.
    They weren't that funny to begin with.
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

I found them funny, and found that they led to even greater humor. Unless we've decided that humor is objective now.

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
    I found them funny, and found that they led to even greater humor. Unless we've decided that humor is objective now.
    Internet meme's are not humor, especially after the seventh time you've used the same one. Christoph's annunciation made him hard to understand at time, and when I could it was only because he spoke up to say the same meme he said only five minutes prior. The jokes would be funny to frat boys and high schoolers but beyond that, I can't find anything funny about their jokes. Their reviews were highly opinionated and at times disregardful of facts.

These are issues I confronted him with openly in the past, I got brushed off just like you did on your podcast.

We're on the internet, and I find a lot of internet memes funny, so what more do you need? As for Christoph, I understood him just fine. The reviews weren't meant to be the end-all and be-all of the tournament; they were for entertainment value, not an objective word about the ultimate quality of the writing.

GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
    We're on the internet, and I find a lot of internet memes funny, so what more do you need? As for Christoph, I understood him just fine. The reviews weren't meant to be the end-all and be-all of the tournament; they were for entertainment value, not an objective word about the ultimate quality of the writing.
    To each his own, though I wouldn't get defensive over something like opinions. I hear they're like assholes.

Are you trying to say that your opinion is abused by the general populace on a regular basis?

And yes, that was humor.

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

TB, I've always appreciated your kind words toward me.

Moving on, Shadowed actually has the right idea. BaBE and I never considered ourselves to be gods of comedy. We were just a couple of guys dicking around, and once and a while coming up with something funny or intelligent in between all the nonsense. Maybe it doesn't appeal to your elitist tastes in humor, but that doesn't mean us members of the dirty rabble can't get a few cheap laughs out of it.

Also, back when we still did side events, the podcasts actually encouraged people to participate. So even if you thought they were stupid, they still helped at least a little bit. And finally, I don't mind having the podcasts criticized or made fun of, but at least try to be funny and creative about it like Shadowed did with the Missing (now literally missing) Podcast.

But in the end, the merit BaBE and my podcasts doesn't really matter, since we're not doing another one. To anyone else who wants to make a podcast, by all means go for it. We won't get jealous.

GP

Name
    Morgoth Shi'Nito NightCast
    Race
    Legendary Shadow Beast
    Hair Color
    Night Black
    Eye Color
    Glowing Red
    Build
    7' 235 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Bushido View Post
    They weren't that funny to begin with.
    I believe we went over this in the other thread; you know, the disrespect thing? Suddenly moderators and admins can freely trample on other members? I clearly missed the memo. That kind of attitude helps feed the negative member growth.

Members who bother to go out of their way to make things for the general populace to listen to, and be even mildly amused by, are the members you want to hold onto with a death grip. They're the enthusiastic staff members who actually help solidify the member base. Your useless defense of Viola's piss-poor attitude is just that; useless.

To each his own, though I wouldn't get defensive over something like opinions. I hear they're like assholes.
    I see. But there's also this very fine line between something being an opinion and something being obnoxious. I know they both start with "o" in the dictionary, but don't get them confused.

Now, I'm not saying that I gleaned any particular amount of humor from their podcasts - contrary to what my argument might suggest - but I am going to defend someone who just took a little extra time to make things a wee less monotonous around here.

EDIT: I'd like to place exceptions to any admins/mods that read this: Witchy, Task, Serilliant, and Ebivoulya are not included in this rant.
    Last edited by NightCast; 05-27-09 at 05:09 PM.

GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by NightCast View Post
    I believe we went over this in the other thread; you know, the disrespect thing? Suddenly moderators and admins can freely trample on other members? I clearly missed the memo. That kind of attitude helps feed the negative member growth.
    I am not trampling on Christoph's, I was merely supporting a fellow member's opinion. Atop this, when inquired as to why I felt so, I backed it up with facts and statements. Statements I have made over my many accounts several times. This isn't me trampling on Christoph, this is me giving an honest critique, a critique even Andy (BaBE to those not in the know) agreed with.

If you're going to try and bate me into attacking you, I would suggest doing so in a far better manner.

Members who bother to go out of their way to make things for the general populace to listen to, and be even mildly amused by, are the members you want to hold onto with a death grip. They're the enthusiastic staff members who actually help solidify the member base. Your useless defense of Viola's piss-poor attitude is just that; useless.
    I'm glad your opinion is free to trample mine any day of the week. See here is where free speech comes into a philosophical debate Night Cast, who's speech is the free one in this case? Viola stated a view point, and you guys jumped all over him to defend your friend.

There's obvious bias on both sides, as you wish to protect Christoph from "those mean staff and ex-staff members". Viola, obviously dislikes the podcast as they blatantly called him a hack writer who writes "flowery" and doesn't do battle. He gave no permission for such an attack and perceived it as such, but "comedy gold" seems to make it okay.

If you're going to take umbrage at every negative comment directed towards Christoph, might I invite you to not read posts on this forum, for fear of finding one that does so.

I see. But there's also this very fine line between something being an opinion and something being obnoxious. I know they both start with "o" in the dictionary, but don't get them confused.
    Then I would suggest you give Shadowed the same dictionary. He's been rather obnoxious about his opinions to the point of open hostility. I get he's upset over his missing podcast thread, and that's fine, he didn't like how we handled it. Fair enough, however the hostility a month later shows deep seated resentment, resentment I'd rather he come and talk to me on AIM so we can clear up, rather than him openly troll and flame moderators.

Now, I'm not saying that I gleaned any particular amount of humor from their podcasts - contrary to what my argument might suggest - but I am going to defend someone who just took a little extra time to make things a wee less monotonous around here.
    Fair enough, however when you are going to argue opinions, you need to remember the first rules of opinions. Opinions are living things that change and grow, they cannot be forced to be wrong or right, only by injecting facts can they be PROVEN one way or the other, and evolved. Stepping up onto a soap box and clubbing us over the head with the "you're being rude" stick isn't going to make us change our opinions. Instead you're only further segregating the mods and the players by refusing to come out into the open and discuss.

My AIM is SethDahlios. Anyone who wishes to find it could have by merely looking at the Random IM Convos thread. I am free to discuss this and many other things you feel may or may not be wrong.

This isn't an invite for an attack, this is an invite for discussion. IF we can get this thread back on track, I'm sure all of us would appreciate it.

EXP: 1,357, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 643
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 643
    GP

Name
    Viola Conda
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'7/ 135
    Job
    Servant

Being fired I can say this now:

Obnoxious and my opinion: Night your an asshat.

Do I have to back my claim? I think not. Maybe I'll make a podcast about it now that I can. Who knows?!?!?! i'm craaaazzzzy like that.

Does anybody notice this is just a flame war anymore?

This is about the semi finals, if I get enough responses I'll start a thread where everyone can just let go at each other until the dust settles. That make people happy?

My predictions for the semi finals? Petoux and Mike can win, but it won't be nearly anything easy to obtain. They are fighting people who have more exp than them in writing, so it will be a hard bout.

I have seen shadowed write, and while I may not agree with his arrogance (at all), he does have the aptitude to back it up in the fights. His battle should have the makings of a classic, but that depends on how well the other team wants to usurp him. At this point it's no longer about being lazy and throwing up a post. It's about putting up heart and soul into each post, and the judges are looking for that now. Time to pull off the best writing you have to make it to finals. Luck to all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast