Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Supernatural Heroes Lost

No, this isn't another recruitment thread for some quest that mistakenly posted in the wrong subforum. This is a thread about TV shows, and not just those from the title.

So I was wondering, any fans of some TV shows here on Althanas? Is there something you follow faithfully, something you wouldn't miss for the world, or just something you enjoy to watch for the fun of it? Are you a die-hard fan or just an occasional one?

One of the reasons I made this thread is because I recently finished watching the fifth season of Lost (one of the reasons why I haven't been posting in an overly timely manner, the other being working overtime). Now, I'm not a huge Lost fan. I'm not the kind of a viewer that, while watching some episode in the fourth season, notices a subtle reference to something in like season one. But I do like this show. It takes you on quite a rollercoaster and always leaves you with more questions than answers. Because of this, it's rather hard for me to get back into the Lost groove, but after an episode or three, you fall right back into the story. Anyways, I love lost, but not as much as...

Heroes. Any Heroes fans out there? I fucking love Heroes. Admittedly, the quality of the story seems to degrade a bit with each season (though not nearly as much as it does in the third show from the title), but it's still an awesome show. I can watch Heroes anytime, anywhere and never get bored.

And there's Supernatural. Now, Supernatural blew me away in the first two seasons. They basically took every myth, legend and old wives tale and turned it into something the protagonists had to fight. And it worked. But then they started to complicate things (a natural process, I guess) and then the show wasn't so fun anymore. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed watching the last season, all the way to the cliffhanger end, but it's just not the same it was before. But I guess there are only so many monsters you can kill before you start repeating yourself.

Anyways, those three are my favorites. Anybody a fan of those? Or maybe you prefer something else? Or maybe you simply think that there are no quality shows on the tube anymore?
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

GP

Name
    Thomas Saxon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

Loved Supernatural. They should've nixed the Angels & Demons crap and tried not to cater to a teenage girl audience and it'd probably still be as good as the first two seasons. I agree that they convoluted it.

I watch a lot of TV, much more than you would think. I'm a huge fan of most of the things on prime time FX (Rescue Me, The Riches, Always Sunny in Philidelphia, The Shield, etc.), and I also tune into a lot of other stuff.

Fringe, Breaking Bad, Burn Notice, Dexter, and The Venture Brothers are probably the shows I'd do anything to follow right now.
    HEY! If you are judging or adding experience to a quest of mine, READ THIS!

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    To Trump A Bluff.. (Best Quest of 2007)
    Almost Heroes

"To be evil is easy. It is far easier to destroy the light inside of someone then the darkness all around you." -The Night Watch

GP

Name
    Arsène Laurent
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'11"/155 lbs.

The Venture Brothers is one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. I mean, the episodes are stand-alone half the time, but there's also this hugely complex story underneath it all.

Also, The Monarch is incredible.
    "I think I did as well as might be expected, seated as I was between Jesus Christ and Napoleon Bonaparte." - Prime Minister David Lloyd George, on President Woodrow Wilson and Premier Georges Clemenceau in Paris, 1919.

"The Ziggy Stardust cut is the only cool mullet that there's ever been." - Barney Hoskyns

EXP: 71,445, Level: 10
    Level completed: 54%, EXP required for next level: 5,555
    Level completed: 54%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,555
    GP

Name
    Taydrius "Yari" Rafanas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    ~5'10 / 140 lbs
    Job
    King of Thieves

I tried the first season of Heroes and I got turned off pretty quick. Lost is something I'd be interested in watching, but don't want to invest the time into several seasons.

Definitely a fan of Comedy Central during the evenings. Re-runs of Scrubs, Futurama, and then a dose of the Daily Show and Colbert Report. I love it.

I hope we have some Frisky Dingo fans here, though. I like to call it Lost Wages.
    Sketches

I choose to live and to lie. Kill and give and to die.

War in Corone:
    *A Name With No Weight*
    *A Scarlet Mystery*

EXP: 44,094, Level: 9
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next level: 9,906
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,906
    GP

Name
    Cassandra Remi
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blond
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    127lbs./5'6
    Job
    Actress

Dexter is fun. Watch Hell's Kitchen with my roommate. They are both HUGE 24 fans, but I try not to get sucked up into it.

Been watching a lot of anime recently, trying to keep up with current events, and then of course, watching my old favorites when I was a kid.
    What is this
    I'll kill you all just for fun and games
    And in the most cruel way, sacrifice you
    What a shame
    no escape
    Even if you cry out
    there's no one
    nothing but violence can save the world.

wailing wailing a loud cry of pain or rage or sorrow and with a wonderful singing voice unbridled
    wailing wailing a loud cry of pain or rage or sorrow and with a wonderful singing voice I was beside myself

GP

Name
    Arsène Laurent
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'11"/155 lbs.

I hope we have some Frisky Dingo fans here, though. I like to call it Lost Wages.
    "Ballercaust"

Ever since I saw that, I couldn't stop loving the show.
    "I think I did as well as might be expected, seated as I was between Jesus Christ and Napoleon Bonaparte." - Prime Minister David Lloyd George, on President Woodrow Wilson and Premier Georges Clemenceau in Paris, 1919.

"The Ziggy Stardust cut is the only cool mullet that there's ever been." - Barney Hoskyns

GP

Name
    Taydrius "Yari" Rafanas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    ~5'10 / 140 lbs
    Job
    King of Thieves

Man I would hate to derail this thread and start anime discussion, but I fucking love Gundam 00. Got a little wild at the end, but overall the animation, the Gundams, and the characters were just a blast to watch.

EDIT: BARNABY JONES! Everybody say hello to my new best friend, Barnaby Jones.

My cat is named in honor of that show. Frisky Dingo, that is.
    Sketches

War in Corone:
    *A Name With No Weight*
    *A Scarlet Mystery*

EXP: 54,688, Level: 10
    Level completed: 7%, EXP required for next level: 10,312
    Level completed: 7%,
    EXP required for next level: 10,312
    GP

Name
    Raelyse
    Race
    A Mere Man
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0 / 176 lbs

View Profile
    Supernatural Heroes Lost would be an awesome name for a show.

To be honest, I watch about 20 shows regularly. I just love them all. They grip their little tendrils around me and I just need to know what happens to the characters. I guess it's sort of like Althanas.

I do like Lost and I do notice the subtle references to previous seasons and I am very excited for the next season where they surely won't give us any more questions. As for Heroes, I like that as well, particuarly because of my lack of discerning ability towards storyline.

You're good... but me, I'm magic.

GP

Name
    Taydrius "Yari" Rafanas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    ~5'10 / 140 lbs
    Job
    King of Thieves

I like how your first post in like a year is to announce your hardon for Lost, Kade. Totally your style.

Another awesome show: Weeds. I haven't finished the 4th season, but I love those characters. Kinda reminds me of GTA's style of storytelling, just less killing and violence.
    Sketches

War in Corone:
    *A Name With No Weight*
    *A Scarlet Mystery*

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    Loved Supernatural. They should've nixed the Angels & Demons crap and tried not to cater to a teenage girl audience and it'd probably still be as good as the first two seasons. I agree that they convoluted it.
    My problem isn't so much with the fact that they went for the Angels/Demons crap, but that they did it rather poorly. Except Castiel, who was pretty fucking cool, everything else seemed pretty bland, and the whole breaking of seals just didn't have the impact it should. Especially the last one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yari Rafanas
    I tried the first season of Heroes and I got turned off pretty quick. Lost is something I'd be interested in watching, but don't want to invest the time into several seasons.

Definitely a fan of Comedy Central during the evenings. Re-runs of Scrubs, Futurama, and then a dose of the Daily Show and Colbert Report. I love it.
    Yeah, Lost is really one of those shows that isn't worth watching unless you're in for the long haul. Because after the first season, you're pretty much left with all these mysteries and no answers whatsoever.

Love the Scrubs and Futurama as well, though I feel that Futurama, like a lot of shows, gradually started to lose quality as you moved on towards the newer episodes. Still, pretty damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem of Insanity
    They are both HUGE 24 fans, but I try not to get sucked up into it.
    Shit, forgot 24. I'm not a huge fan, though, and I haven't even watched all seasons. But I did see the latest two and it fucking rocks. But it would just take too much time for me to watch it from season one so I decided not to and just move on from what I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelyse
    I do like Lost and I do notice the subtle references to previous seasons and I am very excited for the next season where they surely won't give us any more questions. As for Heroes, I like that as well, particuarly because of my lack of discerning ability towards storyline.
    My sister is like that. She's like "Did you notice something something something which is connected to something something else" and all I really notice is how hot Kate's ass is. :P

Also, any Prison Break fans? The first season was awesome, the second wasn't and the third I didn't even bother to finish.
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast