Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

Missions From The Keep

The Jya's Keep

The local law enforcement building in Fallien was not just a place to go to report a crime or even ask for help with the local authorities. One could also pick up odd jobs here and there from any number of places. The most often used, however, is in Irrakam, mere steps away from the Keep's front gate. It's a low, squat building made of whitewashed stucco, the large windows hung with colorful curtains. The windows serve to make the large room feel airy, despite the land's oppressive heat, and somehow the carved marble floor always seems cool beneath one's feet.

There's a board pinned to the wall inside the door, above the desk: some of the jobs listed are from the law enforcement bureau, some are from the Priestesses housed within The Keep...and others are even from Jya herself. On the desk are a number of piles of neatly stacked papers, all with different rewards listed.

Behind the desk is a cheerful looking female secretary, neatly and sedately dressed, though somehow in a way that hints at her true beuaty instead of hiding it. She smiles warmly at each person looking through the posted parchments and piles of paper.

• The Beasts: Fallien is a vast desert and wasteland that has largely been unexplored due to the uninhabitable conditions. Because of this there are many races that still grace these deserts that have yet to be discovered. To add further information about the creatures that dwell within this land, the Priestesses of Fallien wish for someone to travel the land and document as best they can the creatures they find therein. There are no limits to how many people can accept this mission. Their habitat, what they eat, how they travel and any special abilities they may have are just some of the kinds of information they want. Though some species are bound to be hostile, engaging in combat with them is not something the Priestesses wish for, unless your life is in danger.
      Conditions: Quest
      Rewards: 300-800 GP depending on the information brought back, and credited addition to Fallien's canon bestiary if the creature seems suitable for the Fallien region.

• *Ties That Bind: Lately, relations with the Outlanders has flared to their highest point; a continued relationship with them is key to the Jya's dream of advancing Fallien in the eyes of the rest of the world. A group of Priestesses plan on making a trip to the Outlander's Post to further establish the relationship with the Outlanders, yet the road there is a dangerous one. We require at least two warriors to protect the Priestess at all costs and make sure that they get there safely and return alive. Remember, the lands themselves are not very friendly to travelers.

(Sister Quest to Ties That Break.)

Conditions: Quest, 2+ players.
      Rewards: A trained, mature gelding from the Oasis tribe or a cloak with an enchantment to protect the wearer from the weather.
      Note: Successful completion may unlock a sequel quest.

• Awakening the Earth: A group of soldiers and explorers made out for the ruins of Aravir, the only problem is no one has heard from them for over a month. Messengers were sent out but they never returned, and the worst is suspected. The ruins were being excavated and are said to still house many artifacts and items from before the Vadhya but the status of those sent to the ruins is more important than what may be within them. Life is more important. Jya needs someone to travel to the ruins and make contact with the team, if anyone from the team is even still alive, and possibly help finish excavating the place.

Conditions:Quest, 2+ players.
      Rewards: The ruins are filled with magical items, whatever found therein is your reward.

• *Spying on The Jya!?: There are rumors flying through Irrakam that Jya has taken a lover, something no other Jya has ever done before since she usually remains a virgin. Some people are worried about this, especially considering her lover is supposed to be a foreigner. The only problem is Jya is telepathic and knows all of her people so no one can really spy on her without her knowing, however a stranger may be able to do it. With the help of a cloak that protects the wearer from telepaths, we need someone to find out the identity of her lover.

Conditions: Quest.
      Rewards: A Vlince cloak with an enchantment that prevents any telepath from snooping around in the wearer’s head, as well as any telepathic messages.
      Note: Successful completion may unlock a sequel quest.
    Last edited by Inkfinger; 08-15-09 at 08:06 PM.
    If I could make it work in life like it works on paper,
    If the love that I describe could be anything but words,
    Then I would wipe my eyes, I'd dry this ink,
    I'd trade my pen in for a pair of wings and I would fly...
    If only I could make it work in life.

Subterranean Homesick Blues

EXP: 3,329, Level: 2
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 1,671
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,671
    GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

May I please collect the Spying on the Jya'?! Quest? Not 100% sure where I solidify my collection of such. Make a recruitment for it, right?

Edit: What if I wish to do a solo?
    Last edited by Kially Gaith; 07-27-09 at 07:43 PM.

EXP: 14,275, Level: 5
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next level: 5,725
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,725
    GP

Name
    Cael "Inkfinger" Strandssen
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sun-Bleached Strawberry Blond
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

Quote Originally Posted by Kially Gaith View Post
    May I please collect the Spying on the Jya'?! Quest? Not 100% sure where I solidify my collection of such. Make a recruitment for it, right?

Edit: What if I wish to do a solo?
    Solos are fine, as long as the quest isn't specifically set up for more than one player (if that's the case, it'll say in conditions!). This is where you'd claim the quests, as well. All you need to do is post here (as you have) and we're golden - just link this thread when you request the rewards in your judgment.

EXP: 3,329, Level: 2
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 1,671
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,671
    GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Inkfinger View Post
    Solos are fine, as long as the quest isn't specifically set up for more than one player (if that's the case, it'll say in conditions!). This is where you'd claim the quests, as well. All you need to do is post here (as you have) and we're golden - just link this thread when you request the rewards in your judgment.
    What's the best way to keep in contact with you? I'd really like my first collected quest to be accurate and would like to discuss just what sort of leniency I have in writing out this thread. A few questions immediately come to mind:

Are many of the other priestesses whom are waiting to succeed Jya telepathic as well? I ask mainly because this is how I hope to implement my character into the quest.

If telepathics aren't immensely common place in the religion/cult/region, would the Jya feasibly have a sister that shares her gifts and thus could be the jobs petitioner, though not having posted a name to save arousing suspicion?

What sort of access could I hope to find in actually getting to Jya without being confronted? Kially, being a child, I find myself hoping that he could perhaps be noted by a telepathic priestess finding that she cannot read his mind already (Due to a piece of fal'gorien hide in Kiallys' posession) thus this priests deciding to use this little feature to her advantage, perhaps leading him round whatever building the Jya resides in under some sort of pretense, would him being her ousted son be completely infeasible?

What sort of language style would I expect of the priestesses? Would they be casual or am I to write out some form of elegance?

I also hope to add a little twist to the thread. This I'd like to discuss privately with you as to better work it (And keep SOME suspense for other readers.)

...Ahhh...I'm writing so much...If you feel this post off topic for this thread, please do delete it, I just want to be thorough with this as I'd like to probably do the follow on quest.

EXP: 415, Level: 1
    Level completed: 21%, EXP required for next level: 1,585
    Level completed: 21%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,585
    GP

Name
    Josef ben Loewe
    Race
    (Clay) Golem
    Hair Color
    n/a
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    2,20 meter / 150 kg
    Job
    Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Inkfinger View Post
    • The Beasts: Fallien is a vast desert and wasteland that has largely been unexplored due to the uninhabitable conditions. Because of this there are many races that still grace these deserts that have yet to be discovered. To add further information about the creatures that dwell within this land, the Priestesses of Fallien wish for someone to travel the land and document as best they can the creatures they find therein. There are no limits to how many people can accept this mission. Their habitat, what they eat, how they travel and any special abilities they may have are just some of the kinds of information they want. Though some species are bound to be hostile, engaging in combat with them is not something the Priestesses wish for, unless your life is in danger.
      Conditions: Quest
      Rewards: 300-800 GP depending on the information brought back, and credited addition to Fallien's canon bestiary if the creature seems suitable for the Fallien region.
    I wish to do this one, as a solo that is. It would be a perfect way to introduce my character to Falien and getting familiar with its nature and inhabitants.

My only question is whether or not it would be a problem to have the thread occur a year or three-four ago? As far as I can tell from the timeline in the Rough Guide to Fallien, it wouldn't cause any problems.
    :: Josef ben Loewe, Clay Golem ::

Alts:
    Kerrigan Josephine Muldoon: A not so friendly trickster with a possessed tarrot deck.
    Thomas William Braelrain: Aka the Sin Eater, a former priest and inquisitor

Current Thread: Rocks off their rocker.
    Rule 5: Stones taste good. Eat stone regularly.

EXP: 14,275, Level: 5
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next level: 5,725
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,725
    GP

Name
    Cael "Inkfinger" Strandssen
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sun-Bleached Strawberry Blond
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

Quote Originally Posted by Josef ben Loewe View Post
    I wish to do this one, as a solo that is. It would be a perfect way to introduce my character to Falien and getting familiar with its nature and inhabitants.

My only question is whether or not it would be a problem to have the thread occur a year or three-four ago? As far as I can tell from the timeline in the Rough Guide to Fallien, it wouldn't cause any problems.
    Sorry it took me awhile to get back to this question; flashback mode is perfectly fine.

GP

Name
    Caysim Winters
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1" / 165 lbs
    Job
    Mercenary

I wish to take on the Quest 'The Beasts'. I see it worth the while if I can bring some more life to Fallien and its lands.

GP

Name
    Rhaenar Talon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Silver
    Build
    6'0" / 204lbs
    Job
    Mercenary

View Profile
    I would like to claim Ties that Bind. I think it would be a good start for me.

Il'Jhain Runner
    EXP: 20,399, Level: 6
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 6,601
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,601
    GP

Name
    Mordelain Saythrou
    Race
    Tama
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'12"/155llbs
    Job
    il'Jhain

View Profile
    And so it be claimed. Be careful out there!

GP

Name
    Rhaenar Talon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Silver
    Build
    6'0" / 204lbs
    Job
    Mercenary

View Profile
    Is there anyway I can to Ties that Bind by myself?