Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

Missions From The Cult

The Cult of the Sun

Everything has a price and everyone can be bought, bargained or threatened.

Madasthala is just like every other seedy tavern in The Outlander’s Quarters. The atmosphere is dank and depressing; random candles strewn on random tables provided little light and allow the occupants to continue on with whatever they are doing in the concealment of the shadows. The place reeks of stale beer, blood and sweat, and is not at all that inviting - but no one here is really looking for an invitation.

The one difference Madasthala has over all the other seedy, rundown taverns in Irrakam is that the Cult of Mitra, the legendary Cult of the Sun, has been reduced to hiring out of this place.

One doesn’t talk to the man behind the counter here, though: a small door beside the washrooms marked with a sun was where one goes - a dirty room, piled with papers, documents, dust and other substances best left unnoticed lay beyond, as well a desk and an extremely attractive female behind it, wearing very little to hide her more feminine features. She doesn’t look at all frail or delicate; in fact she looks like she’d kill without a second thought with the dagger constantly twirling between her fingers.

• *Hell Hath No Fury…: The Cult of Mitra is seeking the aid of the Harpies. For what, exactly, they’re not telling, but does that really matter to someone who’s contemplating their employment? The Harpies mainly keep themselves to the mountains and stay in large groups, but the Cult is mainly interested in Rava Featherblood and forging an alliance with her. With your help and two of their members trailing your every move, you are to find the Harpies (without getting killed in the process) and help forge the alliance with the Cult.

Conditions: Quest, completed with two NPC (or, alternately, PC if you can find them) Cult of Mitra members.
      Rewards:An automatic crossbow made of plynt and eklan as well as monetary rewards if you manage to gain their alliance without killing any of the Harpies.
      Note: Successful completion may unlock a sequel quest.

• *Ties That Break: Jya is attempting to open Fallien, to pull it away from its reputation as a hard and hostile land. She has, therefore, created ties with a loose band of foreigners known as the Outlander's Alliance. This truce, however, is still new, as far as treaties go. The Cult of Mitra wants someone to shake things up with the newcomers, and sour the fledgeling relationship they have with Jya and Irrakam. By whatever means necessary you are to disrupt this frail friendship. The Cult has several uniforms they acquired from the Fallien military so you can disguise yourself as soldiers.

(Sister quest to Ties That Bind)

Conditions: Quest, 2+ players.
      Rewards: A Plynt dagger imbued with the poison Niphena.

• These Hallowed Halls: Beneath The Keep is a system of tunnels that lead not only to different parts of the city but to different areas of The Keep itself. They are an emergency system that only Jya and a few of her most trusted Priestesses know, but the Cult of Mitra wants a map of these tunnels. They’re not looking for anything extremely elaborate, a simple drawing with instructions and details as to where the tunnels lead and where any traps may be hidden. Apparently there are traps throughout the entire tunnel system and they can be triggered more than once so simply setting them off will do no good. The tunnels are a maze and all of the people they’ve sent in have never returned.

Conditions: Quest.
      Rewards: A magical item of your choice (subject to judge approval), or a weapon made of Cillu glass.

• Like The Wind…: Rumours have it that Jya and her Priestesses have been studying some kind of new artifact that was found in one of the ruins. No one really knows what it is or what it does but the Cult has some vague information from some of their followers as to what it looks like and they want it. The Keep is a fortress and a Palace all in one, but this mission will require you sneaking in there and stealing the artifact. However, this needs to be done with the utmost care, needless killing should be avoided. The Cult does not want any attention being drawn to them in this matter, so getting in and getting out without being seen and without killing anyone is the top priority.

Conditions: Quest.
      Rewards: A Kukri blade made from Plynt and covered in crushed Mukakkannati.
    Last edited by Inkfinger; 08-15-09 at 08:13 PM.
    If I could make it work in life like it works on paper,
    If the love that I describe could be anything but words,
    Then I would wipe my eyes, I'd dry this ink,
    I'd trade my pen in for a pair of wings and I would fly...
    If only I could make it work in life.

Subterranean Homesick Blues

Mind if I take "Ties that break"?
    Last edited by Ultimate Weapon; 08-05-09 at 03:23 PM.

GP

Name
    Vellos Ahrim of Istan
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Dark Brown
    Build
    5'7" / 160 pounds
    Job
    Killing out of Ideology

Quote Originally Posted by Inkfinger View Post
    The Cult of the Sun

• *Hell Hath No Fury…: The Cult of Mitra is seeking the aid of the Harpies. For what, exactly, they’re not telling, but does that really matter to someone who’s contemplating their employment? The Harpies mainly keep themselves to the mountains and stay in large groups, but the Cult is mainly interested in Rava Featherblood and forging an alliance with her. With your help and two of their members trailing your every move, you are to find the Harpies (without getting killed in the process) and help forge the alliance with the Cult.

Conditions: Quest, completed with two NPC (or, alternately, PC if you can find them) Cult of Mitra members.
      Rewards:An automatic crossbow made of plynt and eklan as well as monetary rewards if you manage to gain their alliance without killing any of the Harpies.
    I would like to claim this quest.

Is it possible to discuss the type weaponry that was designated to be the reward, or is it a fixed matter?
    Also, since my character is a Cult of Mitra follower should I look out for anything in specific?
    The Moon
    It is but a lightless speck of dirt in space,
    without the sun,
    as is the Jya without Mitra!

EXP: 14,275, Level: 5
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next level: 5,725
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,725
    GP

Name
    Cael "Inkfinger" Strandssen
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sun-Bleached Strawberry Blond
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Weapon View Post
    Mind if I take "Ties that break"?
    Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos Ahrim of Istan View Post
    I would like to claim this quest.

Is it possible to discuss the type weaponry that was designated to be the reward, or is it a fixed matter?

Also, since my character is a Cult of Mitra follower should I look out for anything in specific?
    I am open to negotiations on the weapons front, and not really - other than the fact that if he's an open follower of Mitra he's not really going to be welcomed by anyone but other cultists.
    If I could make it work in life like it works on paper,
    If the love that I describe could be anything but words,
    Then I would wipe my eyes, I'd dry this ink,
    I'd trade my pen in for a pair of wings and I would fly...
    If only I could make it work in life.

Subterranean Homesick Blues