Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile

Veteran Bracket: Elijah Morendale vs. Reine

The match begins at Midnight 7/31/2009 and ends at Midnight 8/15/2009.

Best wishes to both participants!
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

EXP: 27,919, Level: 7
    Level completed: 12%, EXP required for next level: 7,081
    Level completed: 12%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,081
    GP

Name
    Faelynn 'Reine' Thiadore
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Golden Green
    Build
    5'3 / 117 lbs
    Job
    Professional Thief

((All bunnying approved by both characters))

How odd that on a night such as this, when revenge would finally be recognized, the clouds above Dheathain had deemed it appropriate to part. They let the silver of the half moon flow across the land, bathing it in a gentle luminescence. It caught the rough, broken stone of the pillars in the arena below, causing them to glow a gentle blue. Even a soft breeze stole through the land and arena, cooling the usually humid air and the slow descent of sweat down her neck and back.

She sat crouched, hidden within the folds on her black robe and sheltered amongst the shadows of these ruins of battles since passed. Muscles along legs and back had begun to cramp a half hour ago, but she refused to move. This was a waiting game. Nothing else mattered but waiting for him and when he came here, nothing else would exist but the two of them in this desolate place. Then, revenge. Pure, simple, revenge.

Stone scraped along stone.

The wind in the trees sighed in their anticipation.

Heavy footsteps echoed into the perfect night. Voices followed. One was shrill and obviously, obnoxiously female.

So he brought her. Perfect. She’d find death tonight too.

Their voices echoed along the pillars as their figures entered her field of vision. Their pale skin practically glowed in the moonlight, making them seem like twisted little fireflies. And her, with her bright, fiery hair and little clingy dress, she stood out the most.

She waited, until they entered the middle of the arena.

“When terror breaks the silence of the night and fear destroys the dreams of the innocent, a hero shall arise!”

The voice boomed throughout the area, echoing along the stone structures. Upon hearing it, both Elijah and Nadia tensed, their hands reaching towards their pitiful little knives.

“Evil shall not be tolerated to walk the streets of Donnalaich!”

The robed figured jumped out from the shadows, majestically flying through the air before landing on the uneven top of a broken pillar. With arms folded over its chest, the figure struck a heroic, straight pose as the wind caused its robe to billow out all around it, while a hood and high collar shielded its face from curious eyes.

“In the name of truth, these Fists! In the name of Justice, this Spear!” The figure reached behind it and pulled out a long, beautifully crafted spear from its back. “I, The Phantom Thief, shall avenge my lost comrade and have my revenge against you, Elijah Morendale!”

Elegantly and beautifully The Phantom Thief jumped off the pillar and landed on the dirt ground in a crouch, with a puff of dust flying up all around it. Slowly, it stood up straight, the tip of its spear pointing directly at Elijah and Nadia.

Silence filled the arena. The wind blew, the crickets sang, night turned to day, blah, blah, blah, no one moved, basically everything that could fill an awkward silence did. Not enough to make it no longer awkward though, just enough to emphasis this weird situation.

“Uh...” And that’s what Elijah chose to break the silence with. “Who are you and what did I do?”

The Phantom Thief allowed the tip of its spear to touch the ground as it hung its head and shook it slowly. “Oh, come on! You’re supposed to be all evil and say something cliché about killing me!” The agitated female, and slightly familiar, sounding voice said.

“Wha?”

Rolling her eyes, The Phantom Thief lifted up the corner of its hood, revealing the face of Faelynn. She winked one of her golden green eyes and gave him a quick smile before letting the material fall back into place.

“We’re supposed to fight each other in The Magus Cup.” She told him in her usual, though less heroic, sounding voice. “So I came up with a good story for our battle, otherwise it would seem weird to fight you considering all we just went through with that ghost stuff. Not to mention we’re members of The Eolas Braoin Explorer Club together.”

Elijah and Nadia stood there for a few seconds, before a gentle shrug lifted both of their shoulders.

“So what did ol’ Elijah do to provoke The Phantom Thief?” Nadia said as she folded her arms over her chest.

“Oh, he fell madly in love with Faelynn, so much so that he killed her boyfriend. The grief and injustice of the whole situation never allowing Faelynn to love Elijah, she turned herself into The Phantom Thief, to prevent this injustice from happening to others and seek her revenge!”

Silence. Again.

“Your...boyfriend...” Elijah repeated.

“Bob.” Faelynn said proudly.

“Bob...”

“Yep.”

“Couldn’t come up with a better name?” A barely contained grin crossed his face.

“I was on a tight schedule!”

“Right.”

“Enough already!” Faelynn yelled, getting irritated. She couldn’t believe he was making a big deal of this. She should have just killed him in his sleep. “Just get in character so we can end this battle and have something to laugh about over a pint at the pub tonight. If you win, I’ll buy. If I win, you buy.”

She lifted the tip of her spear from the ground and pointed it at Elijah once more. “Now, Elijah,” her voice changed to the heroic tone more again, “I shall finally end your life, with this spear, the very one Bob once used.”
    Last edited by Reine; 08-14-09 at 09:23 PM.
    When the day has come
    But I've lost my way around
    And the seasons stop and hide beneath the ground
    When the sky turns gray
    And everything is screaming
    I will reach inside
    Just to find my heart is beating

Oh, you tell me to hold on
    You tell me to hold on
    But innocence in gone
    And what was right is wrong

Imagine Dragons - Bleeding Out

GP

Name
    Elijah Morendale
    Race
    Mouse
    Hair Color
    Rust, with a lighter belly
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    4.7" on feet/8.3" end to end, 1.1 oz.
    Job
    Arcane Archer, the Black Talon Corps.

Golly--and to think; in some principalities, Faelynn is old enough to vote and be drafted into the local militia. Yet, here she stands, with some sort of silly costume on and a very real-looking spear aimed directly at my chest. I don't know what she meant by this Magus Cup; neither did Nadia, given the obnoxiously blank stare she was casting towards my alleged opponent.

I raised a finger at Faelynn, signaling that I needed a minute before she did anything stupid. Leaning in closer to my constant companion, I asked in a low whisper, "So, uh, what should I do?"

"She's a creeper. I say murder her in cold blood right now. Claim self defense for you and insanity for her. You'd be acquitted no problem."

"No, no... I'd rather not have any blood on my hands at the moment."

"S'ok. I'll do it." She slowly reached for her katana's hilt with a slender hand.

"No!" I quickly stayed her, to her annoyance. "Look, um, yeah, she's probably off her rocker right now, but I think--or at least hope--that she's only looking for a sparring partner at the moment... So, uh, why don't you just go right over there and sit for a few minutes?" I pointed towards a stone bench that sat underneath the window of a nearby building. "This shouldn't take long."

"What're you gonna' do, knock her out and drag her ass back to campus?"

"Yeah. Or at least try to knock some sense into her. Either or, really."

"Alright, whatever." Nadia shrugged her shoulders again and brushed aside her crimson bangs, which were once again falling over her beautiful green eyes. She half sauntered, half sulked over to the bench and sat down. I turned my attention back towards Faelynn, who was still holding out her spear in a manner that screamed that I was going to die. I had to do my best not to giggle at the sight of this poor, short girl wearing a mask and seeking vengeance for "her boyfriend's murder". It was like something out of a pulp novel.

Well, it was about time that I "got into character", as she put it. I put my hood up, hoping that the light would hit the edge just right and cast some menacing shadows across my face--but not too far down. Just over my eyes would be ideal. I cracked an evil grin (an art that one picks up after spending a decade in the company of one Nadia D'Aroth), slouched just a little bit, and let rip the best maniacal laugh I could. "Bob... Oh yes, I remember him quite well. His last few seconds on Althanas were quite... enjoyable." In my peripheral vision, I saw Nadia rolling her eyes. "He screamed. He wept. He begged for mercy and cried out for his lover to save him. But she didn't now did she?"

Blah. My spur of the moment evil monologues are terrible. Here's hoping that this is a one-night-only performance.

My hand reached for the inside of my jacket, gripping my dagger tight and pulling it out of its sheathe. "It was with this dagger, actually, that I did it with." I eyed the sharpened damascus longingly. "The way it cut through his flesh..." With a heavy sigh, I put it back. "But alas, it still won't be good enough for you. Your skin is fair; your body, frail. You'll require finesse... Time... I can't rush you; I want to enjoy this even more. I want to find happiness in your suffering."

Suddenly, I snapped my right arm back, instantaneously crafting two four inch long ice kunai in the process. With a quick pitch, I flung the daggers at Faelynn's right shoulder with the intent of grazing her flesh and hurting her just enough to make her rethink this silly game of hers.
    Rar.

GP

Name
    Faelynn 'Reine' Thiadore
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Golden Green
    Build
    5'3 / 117 lbs
    Job
    Professional Thief

Faelynn allowed a slow smirk to cross over her mouth as she listened to Elijah’s speech. He really did fit into the cliché bad guy rather easily, a little too easily. Must be from all that time hanging out with Nadia. He even had the creepy smile down to a perfected art. Now that she totally recognized as Nadia. The look crossed her face often, especially when she wanted to kill someone. Freak.

Suddenly, his hand flew back. The clock covering his body tossed behind him in a blur of black. Ice formed just above his clawed hand. He threw his arm forward, tossing the ice directly at her. She only allowed that smirk to grown even bigger. She grabbed the sides of her cloak and spread her feet out beneath her. With a snap of her arms, she spun in a flourish of material, the ice daggers going right in one side and coming out the next without even spilling a drop of blood. Sure, they may have ripped the cloak, but they missed ripping through her skin. And, that move had flash. Tons of flash. The daggers of ice continued past her and impacted along one of the broken pillars lining the battle arena like broken soldiers. They shattered in a rain of ice shards, which glittered as they landed upon the dirt and the thick leaves of the ferns.

The noise echoed along the high stone walls of the school. Within seconds, Faelynn could see the curious faces of a few students lining the windows. They visage was white from the moon and looking like the disembodied face of a ghost.

“So you want to play with ice then, Elijah?” Faelynn said with a growl.
    She narrowed her eyes on her opponent, on the man who had killed her beloved boyfriend, Bob. Energy flowed through her body. She could feel it spread from the pit of her stomach and outwards. It seeped into the ground at her feet and from that ground, water began to cool and rise. The more energy she poured in the quicker it happened and within a few seconds a deep fog began to settle over the area. It rose from the ground and spread across the battle arena, hindering both her sight and that of her opponent. It bathed the battle arena in white and grey, the light of the moon penetrating through the tiny droplets of water and making it shimmer like cloud cover.

“Let’s play with ice...” She said in a rather menacing ton.

Using The Iron Shackles and her own innate speed, Faelynn sped towards Elijah. Once within ten feet of him, she could see the general outline of his body. Using the moisture now floating through the air and seeping into her clothes, Faelynn quickly formed three five inch long ice daggers. Her fingers tingled with the feeling of the magical energy flowing through them. She pushed off the ground, gliding five feet into the air. Snapping her arm forward, she threw one of the daggers straight at Elijah’s current position. As she began to fall back to the ground, she snapped her arm again and sent the other two daggers flying just a or so feet to the left and right, knowing that if he moved, one of those might impact upon him as well.

Faelynn landed on the ground in a crouch, her eyes focused ahead, cutting through the thick fog.
    Last edited by Reine; 08-05-09 at 10:22 AM.
    When the day has come
    When the sky turns gray
    I will reach inside

You tell me to hold on
    But innocence in gone

GP

Name
    Elijah Morendale
    Race
    Mouse
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    Job

The first thing that I had noticed during my little monologue was that Reine and I were beginning to draw a small crowd. Students passing by the courtyard on the campus of Eolas Braoin were stopping to see what all the fuss was about. More people were glancing out the windows of the main educational building, staring at the two of us as we went about her little game of hero and villain.

Great, I thought to myself as I blushed just a bit. The idiocy of my little diabolical dialogue was settling in further, and it made me feel like an even bigger fool knowing that others have heard it.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know, these two are about to fight over something?"

"Oh! A fight! ...Shouldn't they be in the arena then?"

"No, it's not that kind of fight. I think she's out for revenge. I guess the asshole in the denim jacket killed the girl's boyfriend or something?"

"Why is she wearing a mask?"

"She was always a bit strange..."

It was only when I realized that a fog had suddenly descended upon the courtyard that I snapped my attention back to the "fight" at hand. I assumed that since I didn't hear no scream come from Reine that she was able to dodge my ice attack. But I couldn't see to make sure--and that was going to be a major problem.

"Reine? ...Look, um, I'm having second thoughts about this whole thing." I heard a sudden rush of footsteps against stone. She was serious about trying to fight me... Oh dear. "Look, heh, I'm alright with role-playing and all, but this whole live action variation isn't my cup of--"

I felt a sharp impact against my left shoulder. Immediately yelping and grabbing for whatever it was that hit me, I tore the offending object from my jacket. It was a five inch spike of ice, not unlike the kind I used to crudely make when I started out icecrafting. The tip pierced my denim jacket no problem, but my magic hoodie proved its worth and stopped the ice from piercing my skin. But boy, it was probably gonna' bruise in the morning.

Two more icicles shattered harmlessly against the stone courtyard floor mere feet from either side of me. In front of me, the unmistakable sound of her iron and leather boots coming in contact with the ground. "Yo, seriously...?"

I was starting to feel a bit uneasy. I wasn't necessarily in the mood to fight anymore, once I learned that she was all serious business about it. But, as I've learned by arguing with Nadia over trivial things, it's not worth the effort to try and change a woman's mind once it is set.

So, screw it.

Gripping Reine's ice dagger tight in one hand, I crafted over her creation with some ice of my own, turning her sharp weapon into a smooth baton. I duplicated the blunt instrument in my free hand. Each icicle measured about a foot in length. I may not be good with blunt instruments--as in, not at all--but I'd rather knock her block off than accidentally disembowel her or something. I don't trust the school's medical staff enough.

A few feet in front of me, I could make out the figure of my opponent. She was kneeling on the ground, presumably in a cool pose after making her landing. I rushed forward with complete disregard for my well-being, perfectly knowing that she might have her spear extended in my direction. With a cry, I swung my ice batons horizontally in a scissors pattern, hoping to catch her jaw or an arm or something. Just enough to call it quits then go get that pint of ale that she mentioned earlier on.
    Rar.

GP

Name
    Faelynn 'Reine' Thiadore
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Golden Green
    Build
    5'3 / 117 lbs
    Job
    Professional Thief

Faelynn smirked as she began to rise. The fog she had created tickled her neck and face, cooling her skin in the heavy humidity. She knew two things about her recent attack. One was that it had hit Elijah. No one could have missed the yelp of surprise he’d given off. The second was that it had no hurt him... too badly. The tips of the ice shards had been dulled and Fae had already seen his clock in action to know that such a paltry, weak attack would do nothing against him. Her objective here was not to kill the man, after all, she considered him a friend now. Her objective was to have a little fun, but she fought to make it to the next round of The Magus Cup. As her first tournament ever fought, she played to get as far as she could, learn as much as possible and beat as many people to the ground as they threw at her.

It turned out to be such a shame though, that they had given her Elijah as her first opponent.

Faelynn was barely halfway to standing when the figure of Elijah rose from the depths of the fog. Her golden green eyes widened in shock as he seemingly materialized before her. Had her senses been so distracted by her thoughts? Her eyes barely registered the glistening pieces of ice as they lashed out towards her. Instinct took over. Years of fighting with her brother and the other village boys allowing these movements to be the mere memory in her muscles instead of thought.

Her spear fell from her hand. It clattered along the stone and dirt ground, filling the silence of their arena. She threw up her left arm. The muscles taunt. The hard ice impacted along the side of her arm a lot harder than she expected. She let out a small gasp of surprise as the blunt, throbbing pain radiated up her arm, jarring it. She raised her right arm in the same manor. But the blow came in at a different angle. She had not the full strength to block him, merely slow him down. The rounded and cold ice of the icicle pushed against her arm, shoving it down as it smashed against the hard bone of her brow. Her head whipped to the side. She let out a small cry of surprise. Warmth leaked into her eyebrow and dripped down on her cheek, bathing her cooled skin.

With the pain breaking her concentration, the deep fog surrounding Elijah and Faelynn began to lift. Slowly, the wispy tendrils of moistures receded, leaving a light mist in the air. In the back ground, the growing crowd became even more apparent to the two warriors. Faces appeared in the mist, curious eyes watched them and whispered voices drifted around them.

Just as Elijah began to pull away from her, Faelynn, shifted around and wrapped her small hands around his lanky arms. As thin as he was, she could still feel the taunt muscle beneath the fabric and the skin.

“Why, Elijah?” Her voice pleaded with him.

She never gave him a chance to answer. She jerked him forward, pulling on both of his arms as she raised her knee in preparation to bury it into his stomach. Outwardly, she looked like the hero she was playing herself to be, avenging her lost love. Inwardly, she hoped their friendship would be okay after this.
    Last edited by Reine; 08-11-09 at 09:14 AM.
    When the day has come
    When the sky turns gray
    I will reach inside

You tell me to hold on
    But innocence in gone

GP

Name
    Elijah Morendale
    Race
    Mouse
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    Job

((Nadia's interference approved by Reine beforehand in AIM.))

The flash of anger had disappeared nearly as soon as it came, but by then it was too late. I had lashed out at Reine, with little time for her to react. She was able to block one of my strikes, but the other... Well, not so much. With a dull thwack, she collapsed to her knees. Specks of blood were oozing down the ice baton I held in my left hand. A nasty cut sat above her right eye; a steady stream of crimson flowing down her (normally) attractive face.

Thousands of apologies and obscenities crossed my min, but all I could manage was a weak "Uh..."

A bead of cold sweat formed on my forehead as I immediately dropped the icicles. They tinked lightly against the stone courtyard floor. I bent over slightly and chilled the skin of my left hand with a thin layer of ice, hesitating to press it against her skin to try and dull her pain a little bit. Needless to say, I was feeling really bad at the moment. Leaning in closer revealed that the cut across her forehead wasn't terribly deep, but it was quite wide. By the gods, am I a fucktard or what...

"Oh my gods, Reine, I'm so sorry, you have no' friggin' clue..."

She looked up at me with these big doe eyes--two golden green orbs, filled with pain and sadness, tearing apart my heart and obliterating my soul.

"Why..." The emotion in her voice sent a chill down my spine.

Before I could try to blurt out an excuse, I felt her cold, hard grip against my arms. She rose to her feet, pulling me downwards in the process--delivering a swift knee to my stomach. My eyes nearly bugged out of my skull. The strike knocked all of the wind out of me. It felt as if I had been run over by a caravan. As Reine let go, I collapsed to the ground in a gasping mess, clutching my midsection.

Yeah, okay, so I deserved it.

"Elijah!" I heard Nadia's surprised cry over the hushed discussion between our onlookers. Her heels rapidly clicked against stone as she rushed to my side. Suddenly, I was propped up against her knees as she was cradling my poor broken body. A look of genuine worry crossed her face for a brief second--a rare occurrence, that. Her left hand was stroking my head in a motherly fashion; her right, slowly reaching inside my jacket for the dagger I kept holstered there. I knew what she was trying to do. I weakly shook my head "no".

For once in her life, she listened to me. Her right hand left my side. She looked up in anger at our dark-haired friend. "Are you fucking serious? You hurt him!" Apparently my redheaded friend wasn't aware of the nasty blow that I had dealt to her first.

Reine opened her mouth to retort, but Nadia's quickness surprised both of us. In a flash, she was on her feet; her palm open, pale, skinny fingers flat, and her arm moving in an arc at such a speed that would amount to one hell of a bitch slap for Reine.
    Rar.

GP

Name
    Faelynn 'Reine' Thiadore
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Golden Green
    Build
    5'3 / 117 lbs
    Job
    Professional Thief

Faelynn barely had time to react. Nadia was upon her like the viperous snake that she was. Her hand was as fast as the striking blow of a cobra. The flat side of Nadia’s hand connected with Faelynn’s right cheek. The slap echoed throughout the courtyard. The woman’s hand came away streaked with Faelynn’s blood, which she had smeared across the rest of her cheek. The crimson colour her cheek turned almost matched that of the blood still tricking down her face. A small drop rolling down her eye lid and became trapped in her eyelashes.

For a moment, no one moved. Only the steady sound of laboured breathing and the hushed whispered of students could be heard throughout the courtyard. Faelynn stood, with her face turned slightly to the side from the force of the blow, complete shock and surprised written all over her features. She hurt him? SHE HURT HIM!? There was blood streaming down her fucking face and Nadia was worried about a knee to the stomach. Good God, the man was a warrior for crying out loud. Sure, he may be a little clumsy at times, shy and quiet as well, but he was still a trained warrior. She’d seen at least some of what he was capable of during their adventures in this very school. Nadia had not been paranoid and worried for his life then, but no, now she was because of a damn kick. A kick!

The mist around them had all but dissipated at this time. There were more than twenty students outside in the gloom watching them. Surprise, worried and a variety of too many emotions to count crossed each of their faces as they watched what was happening before them. They didn’t know if it was a game or real, but it had been a fight and someone had actually been hurt. Two people if you counted Nadia’s little baby Elijah crouched on the ground over there.

Her hands clenched at her sides as she slowly turned her face towards Nadia. Reaching up, she wiped some of the blood away from her eye. “Hurt him, huh? I fucking hurt him! He split my god damned eyebrow open! In case you haven’t fucking noticed I’m bleeding all over the place. Besides, this is a fucking fight, bitch!” Faelynn spat out, letting her anger control her for once.

She wanted to strangle Nadia, to wrap her little fingers around the woman and throttle her until her head fell off! But she couldn’t and knew she wouldn’t. This had just been a jest really, a game.

“Had the creators of this tournament had it their way, this would not have been the fun tumble through the grass it was, it would have been a real fight and he’d have more than a bruise or two!” She yelled at the other woman. The material covering her mouth didn’t even muffle her voice. She couldn’t believe how mad she was over this. The whole thing was supposed to have been enjoyable. Yeah, she knew there was a chance one or both of them would get a little hurt. After all, a play fight it may be, but a fight nonetheless. Still, what the fuck had crawled up Nadia’s ass and turned her into Mother Teresa?

Her fingernails began to dig into the calloused skin of her palm. Pain radiated along her hand, but she ignored it, using it to keep her grounded and in control.

“Fuck this...”

She turned her back on Nadia and Elijah. With a quick flick of her wrist, her ripped the cloak off of her and sent it flying through the air. Underneath she wore her usual shorts, knee high boots and jacket. Those boots made a loud thump with every angry step they took. All around her, students whispered amongst themselves. Every now and then she picked up a few words.

“Tournament? What tournament? I didn’t hear anything about it.”

“So then he didn’t kill her boyfriend?”

“It was all a game? I don’t understand.”

Faelynn ignored it all. She stopped only to crouch down and retrieve her spear, Amalia. The long shaft of metal folded in on itself and with a quick motion, she sheathed it along her back. Without even giving Nadia or Elijah one last glance, she pushed through the crowd, looking for the closest entrance into the school. She felt so angry she could cry. In fact, she had to try very hard not to. She didn’t even know why.
    When the day has come
    When the sky turns gray
    I will reach inside

You tell me to hold on
    But innocence in gone

GP

Name
    Elijah Morendale
    Race
    Mouse
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    Job

I was slowly and painfully rising to one knee while Nadia and Reine stared daggers at one another. Nadia had this nasty scowl across her face, her thin lips twisted in fury. Her bony fists were clenched, her knuckles turning white. I've seen this look before--if Reine didn't stop talking, and soon, then Nadia was going to tear her face off.

The brunette suddenly gave up and quickly turned around. A quick tear sent her costume flying; the black cloak landed to one side of the courtyard in a discarded heap. Heavy footsteps echoed through the air, shattering the silence of our little audience.

"Oh, the fuck you are..." Nadia began storming after her in a huff.

I raised a hand to try and stop her, my abdomen still crying out in a dull pain. "Nadia..."

She ignored me and continued on.

"Nadia," I shouted. She quickly spun on her heels and aimed her aggression at me. By this time I was back on my feet, albeit hunched over slightly and nursing my stomach.

"What the fuck do you want? She fucking kneed you in the fucking stomach, and you're just going to let her walk away like that? What are you, stupid?"

I couldn't look her in the eye as I replied. "I deserved it. I--I wasn't thinking. I shouldn't have..."

Nadia interjected, "That dumb bitch attacked you first!"

"...lost it like I did. I had what was coming to me," I continued as if she hadn't said anything.

Nadia looked around in bewilderment. "She ambushed us in that stupid fucking costume! She was the one going on about some stupid tournament! She was out to kill you, Elijah!" With each statement, she punched me in the shoulder for emphasis.

I waved my hand dismissively. "It was only supposed to be a play fight. She wouldn't have hurt me too bad."

She punched my shoulder again, this time harder. "Stop being such a douchebag--"

In another flash of anger, I knocked her arm back and pushed her away. Nadia stumbled back a few steps, a look of shock across her face. "Will you just leave me alone? Cheese and fuckin' rice, Nadia! Lighten up!" Even on the rare occasion that I do get angry, it's not quite the epic explosion of emotion that most people think that it'll be. I took a deep sigh and ran my hands through my shaggy mess of hair. "I gotta' go find her and apologize for cracking her skull open and because you're being a bitch!" I immediately turned around and headed in the direction that I saw Reine take off in, towards the main entrance of the school. The students parted to make way.

By the gods, I only hope that she'd hear out my apologies. I'd seriously hate to lose a new friend this quickly.
    Rar.

GP

Name
    Faelynn 'Reine' Thiadore
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Golden Green
    Build
    5'3 / 117 lbs
    Job
    Professional Thief

Faelynn slammed the door to her room shut. The sound reverberated down the empty hallway, sounding like one of those awful Alerar machinations, guns or whatever they called them. The room itself was empty and dark, illuminated only by a thin film of light that peered through the far and small windows against the adjacent wall. She knew it would be empty though, Nadia was the only other person sleeping here now and she knew exactly where Nadia was. Coddling Elijah like he was a baby and sharpening her claws, bidding her time.

She trailed her fingers down her blood encrusted cheek, feeling the heat from the throbbing skin.

The anger had not dissipated in the short time it took for her to walk—or storm—from the courtyard to the forms. In fact it might have gotten worse. She flipped the switch on the wall and the room become bathed in a gentle and calming blue light, which radiated from several strategically placed crystals; one of which as embedded in the ceiling. The light did little to calm her tonight though.

Kicking a stray chair out of her way, she stomped towards the bunk beds set into the right wall. The adrenaline within her body had stopped flowing and now her muscles began to shiver and quake like they always did after an intense moment. With shaking fingers, she undid the buckle, which held the sheath Amalia lay in against her back. It took her longer than she cared to admit and frustration began to eat away at her. Finally the buckle gave; smart buckle too, she was about to get the knife. She tore the offending thing from her body and threw it up and against the wall. It slammed, clanked and plopped onto the top bunk. She kicked the bottom bunk hard enough to dent the wood and send a tingling sensation up her food and into her leg.

This whole thing had become so fucked up somehow.

She glanced to the right. A small gilded mirror hung on the wall. It reflected her bloodied and haggard face. Anger had twisted it so much so, that Faelynn barely even recognized herself. The now drying blood all along her brow, cheek and even down her neck certainly didn’t help either. She almost looked like a victim, or maybe even the murderer. Face wounds really were a pain in the ass. They bled so freaking much.

The blood had even soaked into her collar. Reaching up, her unzipped her jacket and tossed it into the chair she’d kicked out of her way, now sitting in the middle of the room away from the small two person table. She needed to clean herself off. Not that she exactly had anything else to do tonight, but the blood was beginning to crust over and the feeling disgusted her. She walked towards the mirror and the small sink below it, stopping as the cold stone pressed against her stomach. Leaning forward, she pressed her fingers against the skin surrounding the gash, prodding and pulling. It was hard to tell how bad or deep it was with all the blood.

Faelynn had just turned the taps on and found a cloth when someone banged on her door with a purpose. She didn’t feel up to dealing with anyone.

“Faelynn’s not home right now, but if you’d like to leave a message, please do so. I’m sure she’ll get back to you after she comes out of the hole she’s just crawled into.”

“That’s not funny, Reine.” Came a muffled voice from the other side.

Elijah!?

She pulled away from the sink, cloth in hand, just as he opened the door and barged inside. He took five steps into the room, turned, saw her and well, what he did next almost melted all her anger away.

“I-I-I” He stammered. His body went as stiff as a board—something else might have gone stiff too but she didn’t check—and his eyes were as wide as dinner plates. They also didn’t know where to look. They kept glancing from her, to the fireplace, the windows, back to her and then to that crack in the wall over there.

“S-s-sorry! I-I just came to...” He stammered, caught himself, looked at her—a specific area of her—then turned on his heel to flee the room.

“Oh, no you don’t!”

She stormed over and grabbed him by the sleeve of his sweater just as he reached the open doorway. “God Elijah, it’s just a bra. I’m sure you’ve seen a girl naked before.” She gave him a yank and slammed the door on him so he couldn’t escape. She had to fight to hold back her own smile and laughter at his actions though, not that she expected him to walk in when she was half undressed.

Silence filled the room.

The two of them stood there close to the door, Elijah refusing to look at her and she looking at the floor and their shoes. Finally, she broke the silence.

“Look, Elijah... I’m sorry. The idea had seemed like fun when I’d first come up with it, but it was clearly not as good as I thought. I just jumped on it and figured you’d... I don’t know what I figured...” She hazarded a quick glance at his face; he was giving her a bit of an odd look. One she couldn’t decipher.

Feeling uncomfortable, she reached up to run her fingers through her hair, but winced and pulled away. She had no idea what else to say to him. The whole room felt awkward with the thoughts running through their heads. Turning away, she shuffled the chair and flopped into it, tossing the moist cloth onto the table.
    When the day has come
    When the sky turns gray
    I will reach inside

You tell me to hold on
    But innocence in gone