Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrose View Post
I have a question about the points system that will eventually lead to the conclusion of the civil war.

Say I collaborate with another player on something like an NPC army battle, with my collaborator writing for the Sway faction, and myself writing for the League faction. Both of us represent different sides of the conflict, complete our battle and submit it for judging.

In a case like this, which of us would receive points towards their faction at the end of the thread? Would the "winner" by OOC score be awarded the full complement of points towards their faction, and the loser gets nothing? Or would the winner get the full points, and the loser gets half or something?

I'm really very interested in working with someone to represent both sides of a conflict in one thread, so I think it would be in the interest of myself, my collaborator, or anyone else who wants to do something like this to know how the points thing would play out.
I very much like that idea, Bloodrose. And no, there's no current text on it right now. In this instance, I'm going to rule winner take all. If one of you is working for the sway and the other works for the league, whoever wins gets points distributed to that faction based on your score. It provides more incentive to a) win b) remain competitive and c) keep the campaign moving.

I've never been a big fan of giving trophies to everybody who has tried, so points go towards the winner. And remember, the winner is the one who wins OOCly based on score, not ICly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
I would also like more information about whatever is happening to the war machine that and the tribes of barbarians that have come with it. I wonder if there will be an 'epic battle' that claims the end of the war.
There will be more information on this barbarian horde later on, I'm not sure if I've even released the name of it yet in the text. That'll be rectified. All that is known so far, I believe, is that all of these barbarian tribes are Skavian and are being united under the flag of one barbarian warlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
I thought it would be nice if the barbarians come in when both sides are weakened and defeated taking the whole of Salvar for themselves.
Remember this quote, I'm actually kind of surprised how close you are. But, I'm not going to get too into depth with those details of the chapter just yet. Since the barbarians are becoming a very popular subject, I'll make sure to include some missions reflecting them on the board.

All of which I'll get to as soon as I can, I just got home from an ROTC FTX and I'm scrambling to clean myself up. =P