Human
    Hair Color
    Grey
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0" / 183 lbs

View Profile
    I have a question about the points system that will eventually lead to the conclusion of the civil war.

Say I collaborate with another player on something like an NPC army battle, with my collaborator writing for the Sway faction, and myself writing for the League faction. Both of us represent different sides of the conflict, complete our battle and submit it for judging.

In a case like this, which of us would receive points towards their faction at the end of the thread? Would the "winner" by OOC score be awarded the full complement of points towards their faction, and the loser gets nothing? Or would the winner get the full points, and the loser gets half or something?

I'm really very interested in working with someone to represent both sides of a conflict in one thread, so I think it would be in the interest of myself, my collaborator, or anyone else who wants to do something like this to know how the points thing would play out.

NOTE: I tried browsing through the posted info for this chapter to find an answer for myself, but couldn't find one. If there is already one, and I just missed it, feel free to just link me to the relevant text instead of posting it all here again.
    Completed Battle Record: 11-1-0

Highest Scores:
    The Company: Stomping Grounds (81)
    A Winter Long Ago... (80)
    Mortal Intervention (79)

GP

Name
    Blue Knight
    Race
    Half-Elf
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    179 cm/76 kg
    Job
    Mercenary Soldier

This is what I was trying to recommend. Maybe we could get like 3 characters or something together. I'm putting together a character right now that could possibly be with the 'barbarians' from Berevar.

Someone from the League, Bloodrose, someone from the barbarians, my undead Trigger-Happy Pathological Bloodthirsty Homicidal Maniac and a possible third from the Church. Hopefully someone who can compete with Bloodrose in terms of 'power'.

This is of course in theory.

GP

Name
    Thomas Saxon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrose View Post
    I have a question about the points system that will eventually lead to the conclusion of the civil war.

Say I collaborate with another player on something like an NPC army battle, with my collaborator writing for the Sway faction, and myself writing for the League faction. Both of us represent different sides of the conflict, complete our battle and submit it for judging.

In a case like this, which of us would receive points towards their faction at the end of the thread? Would the "winner" by OOC score be awarded the full complement of points towards their faction, and the loser gets nothing? Or would the winner get the full points, and the loser gets half or something?

I'm really very interested in working with someone to represent both sides of a conflict in one thread, so I think it would be in the interest of myself, my collaborator, or anyone else who wants to do something like this to know how the points thing would play out.
    I very much like that idea, Bloodrose. And no, there's no current text on it right now. In this instance, I'm going to rule winner take all. If one of you is working for the sway and the other works for the league, whoever wins gets points distributed to that faction based on your score. It provides more incentive to a) win b) remain competitive and c) keep the campaign moving.

I've never been a big fan of giving trophies to everybody who has tried, so points go towards the winner. And remember, the winner is the one who wins OOCly based on score, not ICly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I would also like more information about whatever is happening to the war machine that and the tribes of barbarians that have come with it. I wonder if there will be an 'epic battle' that claims the end of the war.
    There will be more information on this barbarian horde later on, I'm not sure if I've even released the name of it yet in the text. That'll be rectified. All that is known so far, I believe, is that all of these barbarian tribes are Skavian and are being united under the flag of one barbarian warlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I thought it would be nice if the barbarians come in when both sides are weakened and defeated taking the whole of Salvar for themselves.
    Remember this quote, I'm actually kind of surprised how close you are. But, I'm not going to get too into depth with those details of the chapter just yet. Since the barbarians are becoming a very popular subject, I'll make sure to include some missions reflecting them on the board.

All of which I'll get to as soon as I can, I just got home from an ROTC FTX and I'm scrambling to clean myself up. =P
    HEY! If you are judging or adding experience to a quest of mine, READ THIS!

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    To Trump A Bluff.. (Best Quest of 2007)
    Almost Heroes

"To be evil is easy. It is far easier to destroy the light inside of someone then the darkness all around you." -The Night Watch

GP

Name
    Blue Knight
    Race
    Half-Elf
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    179 cm/76 kg
    Job
    Mercenary Soldier

Oh, it's just me going on about my new character. I've always wanted a character that doesn't come from the original countries and Berevar is the easiest to make a character from since there is some information on it.

I hope that with my talking on about the idea I haven't spoiled the story that you had planned, I'm really sorry if that was the case.

Question: I am confused because you placed the rewards under the AQ questions. I just wanted to confirm that as long as you complete a set 'mission' well you earn the rewards for that side as long as that side, DOES win, right? Or is this only for Approved Quests?
    Last edited by oblueknighto; 09-30-09 at 02:27 AM.

GP

Name
    n/a
    Race
    unknown
    Hair Color
    brown
    Eye Color
    brown
    Build
    5'/100lbs
    Job
    slave

i've a question...

i'm thinking about taking on Wearing Harigrad, and I would like to have someone write on behalf of the church. My problem is that the person I have in mind, already has a character in the FQ. Does the rule about characters and multiple missions apply if the player in question is going to be playing an NPC in Wearing Harigrad instead of their regular character?

GP

Name
    Thomas Saxon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty View Post
    i've a question...

i'm thinking about taking on Wearing Harigrad, and I would like to have someone write on behalf of the church. My problem is that the person I have in mind, already has a character in the FQ. Does the rule about characters and multiple missions apply if the player in question is going to be playing an NPC in Wearing Harigrad instead of their regular character?
    Everyone gets one mission per person for each side. That means every player can have a Church and a League mission, but not more then one for each side. I'm not sure who you're speaking of for this mission, but if they've completed the mission then they can write in whatever mission you're organizing.

I hope that answers your question.

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    Almost Heroes

"To be evil is easy. It is far easier to destroy the light inside of someone then the darkness all around you." -The Night Watch

God of Bards
    EXP: 99,783, Level: 13
    Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next level: 4,217
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,217
    GP

Name
    Duffy
    Race
    Thayne
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8"/160lbs
    Job
    Bladesinger

View Profile
    She's referring to me Saxon, I've already got Ruby onboard.

I could have another PC from what I understand, but what about NPC'ing?

GP

Name
    Thomas Saxon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

It is my understanding that you're involved with Raiaera's portion of the FQ. If one of your characters is NOT involved in that part of the FQ with quests that are active right now, you can participate in the Salvar portion of the chapter.

I'm not sure which of your characters you don't have involved in the FQ, but my last count was at least two or three. Pick one that isn't involved and you can work on Wearing Harigrad.

I'm not getting into murky water with NPCs. There is no liquid time in the FQ, therefore you cannot be at two places at once i.e. both chapters if you have an active quest in one area. I was thinking about setting up and asking for NPC writers for specific characters in my part of the chapter, but that's for something else entirely.
    Last edited by Saxon; 10-18-09 at 04:49 PM.

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    Almost Heroes

The Three Ways
    EXP: 42,532, Level: 8
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 1,468
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,468
    GP

Name
    Logan McCloud
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Glacier Blue
    Build
    6'4" - 245 lbs.
    Job
    Manipulation of Your Mind

Is the ATE basically like a big clan war-type tournament thing?

What are rules for participation, who can participate, and are there any requirements for participation?
    Dying to himself, - Level 1/2
    Led to a new creation. Level 3
    The form remained - Level 4
    The foundation was rebuilt - Level 5
    The House rebuilt. - Level 6

2015 - 1/2 of Adventurer's Crown Round 2 Guest Team w/ Max Dirks, Althy Day Superlatives: Character - Best Personality, Writer - Hardest Worker
    2016 - 1/2 of Best IC Partners w/ Max Dirks, Mr. Althanas

{Record keeping for me: A Talymer longbow with 40 enchanted arrows purchased here,
    a box of cakes/muffins given here,
    Fools Rush In earned here,
    Dreamer's Helm earned here,
    Might of Moxxilus earned here,
    Sloth purchased here.
    }

GP

Name
    Thomas Saxon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

Not really. Both the League and Church are NPC organizations that players can be affiliated with if they choose to. Basically when registration for At the Edge opens up, there will be two sides people can sign up to be apart of, the League/Church. The winner of the war/battle is already predetermined by which ever side ends up having the most points by the end of the FQ, and as of right now it looks like it'll be the League.

The rules for participation are pretty simple. Once registration ends, the people who signed up will be allowed to post in a thread within the Heart of War designated "At the Edge" once it's opened. That thread will open at an assigned date after the chapter ends. When that happens, players can pretty much do whatever they like during the battle so long as they remember that whoever won the war during the chapter will win this battle. That's the lynchpin. Other then that, anyone who has or hasn't been involved with the FQ may join and participate in the battle.

The thread will be open for two weeks. After that, it'll be closed and judged after I post an 'epilogue' explaining the events following the war. Sometime either in between At the Edge or afterwards, rewards and recognition for the chapter will be distributed.

That's about it.

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    Almost Heroes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast