Blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'10"/143lbs
    Job
    Ex-Research Scientist

Portal Seekers?

I am working on my character who happens to be in a very interesting sort of spot, and have been able to make up everything except how he got there in the first place (that is his history). I've thought that maybe he worked with some scientific group or other who were researching and experimenting with the 'porous borders' of Althanas some time in the past, and through some accident (freak or otherwise) he fell/was sucked in/pushed/blasted through one of the dimensional rifts and ended up in nonexistence. I have been looking over the history of the world but have not been able to come up with a good idea of who this group of researchers could be. Does anyone have any ideas as to who this research group could be?

EXP: 2,644, Level: 1
    Level completed: 22%, EXP required for next level: 2,356
    Level completed: 22%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,356
    GP

Name
    Xos Xilanthes
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6'6" 150 LBS
    Job
    Doctor of Theoretical Magiscience

As a matter of fiction, yes, yes I do.

I have been working on creating a location in Alerar known as "The Facility". It's like Area 51, but for Althy. What goes in, doesn't come out. Alot of top secret research goes on there, mostly military applications. It isn't canon, but that's alright.

I've read your profile, and John could fit right in as one of the scientists there.

I'll be going there myself later on, due to the actions of my Arch-rival.
    The Continent of Chronus and the city of Kessingale open for RP!

GP

Name
    River Wilhelm
    Race
    Human
    Job
    Scientist/Time Traveler

My character comes from another planet, where they were experimenting with time. It's possible that in one of the experiments something went wrong and instead of sending someone through time, they sent them to the sort of place you're in: A land where time doesn't exist.

edit: In fact, as a fellow scientist, even if you don't use my concept, I'd like to get in on whatever you have planned, if I can. I can use my own concept to reach the sort of zone you're in, if necessary.
    Last edited by River Wilhelm; 12-24-09 at 12:05 AM.

GP

Name
    John Ether Knot
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'10"/143lbs
    Job
    Ex-Research Scientist

Xos, that sounds splendid. I think it is just what I am looking for. I was thinking though that John would be an ex-scientist of the Facility. He was assumed dead after the accident and many of his colleagues have passed away with his memory dying with them.

River Wilhelm, while I would like to keep my character native to Althanas I think your character would fit well in a prequel RP about how John came into possession of the three artifacts of manifestation that are currently in his possession. And also may be one of the few characters who are actually able to meet him in person in the 0th dimension.

GP

Name
    River Wilhelm
    Race
    Human
    Job
    Scientist/Time Traveler

Alright, well hit me up whenever when you wanna do that. PM me on my main, Rayse Valentino, or post here.

GP

Name
    Xos Xilanthes
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6'6" 150 LBS
    Job

You should know, there is at least one NPC who would still know of his existence.

Lord Kilrem: He's in charge of The Facility. He knows everyone on a first name basis, and is one of the few people able to freely come and go from The Facility at will. He isn't a nice person. He's cold and distant. He makes sure everyone's comfortable and well cared for, but that's as personable as he gets. His primary concern is the research.

Beyond that, it's totally up to you who else would remember.

Also, check it out, info on The Facility:

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=20080

GP

Name
    John Ether Knot
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'10"/143lbs
    Job
    Ex-Research Scientist

Lord Kilrem sounds like the kind of person to leave someone for dead and just move on with his research.

Do you have any idea of when the Facility was founded?

I was looking at the history of Alerar and I saw that in the entry for 800 years ago seems to be suspiciously close to actions that would be involved with the foundation of a place like the Facility. 886 years ago was when the Queen was crowned so this could have been one of her first big plans.
    Of course many things happened thoughout the thousands of years so it really could have been founded at any time.

GP

Name
    Xos Xilanthes
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6'6" 150 LBS
    Job

800 years ago sounds to be the best point. Before that, there was simply too much going on. But moving past the pinnacle of technology, that's quite a challenge, and so the founding of the facility at that point sounds best.

And your right about Kilrem, He's not gonna hunt you down or anything, just saying, he'd know about you, and he's not dead yet. I kill him instead. Well, not my PC, but my NPC does.