Brownish, with off white crown
    Eye Color
    Deep blue
    Build
    6' // 195 lbs
    Job
    mercenary

Vampires and their history

Just a note for those reading, this is my suggestion that I've been typing most of the day but piecing together for the past week. It's for discussion and editting and I'd like as many people as play the race, or with them, to give their input whenever.

This is where this stuff would fit in with the Althanas Timeline

Approx. 5600 years ago [CDW 4,448]
    In truth the true vampire race was not born of a dark, tainted kiss from a vampiric bat, but instead a creation born of the twisted magic’s of the Forgotten. After their defeat during the War of the Tap the Forgotten went into an inform ‘slumber’, leaving the world of Althanas and instead touching it with power now and then. During this time creations and mutilations of the human’s were conducted, considered experiments by the powerful mages.

One of the man experiments was genetic, restructuring the genes of humans and spawning new traits in them. Over centuries the genetic restructuring and testing continued till disgusting mutilations were created. Vampires were one of the children of the Forgotten. In order to spite the victorious elfish nations that had fought the powerful mages a race of immortal blood-sucking undead were created. During this time the first blood rituals* were performed.

Vampirisms, the virus was created by the combined powers of Xem’zhund, Pode, Aesphestos, and Denebriel. From Xem’zhund the race was given their base premise. From the witch Pode the vampires were given the beauty of their race and inability to age. From Aesphestos their immortality came, and from Denebriel came the increase in attributes. What came from the four was the race of Vampires that originally were meant to plague the world of Althanas, feeding and destroying the elven race from the darkness.

3450 years ago [CL 1647]
    The disease of Vampirism had spread from the original two through natural birth. The creatures multiplied to the number of 10,000 true bloods. However, the race was cocky, arrogant, and was like a bitter tongue that wagged loose. Most of the Forgotten Ones were pleased still with their creations, but the mage Xem’zhund was growing perturbed with the progress the deadly monsters were making.

Without the knowledge of the other mages, and with a powerful ritual of the necromantic nature, the man turned the true bloods. Their loins became barren and their minds were flooded with the virus. It attacked them from the inside, turning their bodies, twisting their tainted souls. Within the year the entire true blood race of vampires had died and risen again, further spurned and tortured by their virus. No more true bloods were produced after that time, no more vampires born of other vampires.

It was the first time that the original five sects of the vampiric nation truly began to form their hold on the vampiric race. All those that were of the true blood race belonged to one of the five houses of vampiric background…

3000 years ago [CL 2047]
    **In addition to info already there**
    With the meeting came the inevitable conclusion of a ‘test’. The vampires of Haidia had long since been feeding on the blood of the creatures that roamed the underworld’s realm; to have something from the surface was a mystery to them. Tentatively of course, the first vampire tasted the blood of a living, capture dwarf during one of the many skirmishes. It was the beginning of the vampire’s desire for the blood of the living, breathing races of the surface.

Unfortunately, it was also the first time the vampires found their ability to ‘Sire’ other vampires through the passing of their virus to a surface race. If the true blood bit the other life form they found that without killing it the virus would take hold of the target and literally kill them, reviving them as a much weaker form of vampiric race. But the blood of the dwarves was far too thick and hard to turn, making very few dwarven-vampires and instead killing them without making them undead most of the time.

800 years ago [CP 1001] [1201 DW]
    In order to prepare for the prophesies fulfillment the first of the true blood vampires leave the under-worldly lair of Haidia and begin to scout the world of Althanas. It is the first time that the counter-effects of sunlight, until then never thought about, come to affect the vampires.

500 years ago [CP 1301] [1501 DW]
    It is during these times that ‘Siring’ the now understood vampiric race, little more then demented servants in truth, is begun as a common practice. These vampires are allowed to roam free through the world and the masters of them have little if no control over their creations.

Though the Forgotten Ones see no problem with their creations making smaller forms of themselves, attributing the action as an influence remaining from the when the four originally created the vampires.

200 years ago [CP 1601] [1801 DW]
    More True Blood vampires begin to leave Haidia, looking for the “Keeper”; numbers of the True Bloods dwindle into the 5,000’s.

EXP: 25,487, Level: 6
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next level: 1,513
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,513
    GP

Name
    Xanbata Grim
    Race
    Vampire

View Profile
    I like it a lot, good job.

GP

Name
    Osato Lysser
    Race
    Soulless
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Deep blue
    Build
    6' // 195 lbs
    Job
    mercenary

I was worried that people that played vampires might not be able to use it or it might interfere with their history... it's good to hear it'll work for you though.

GP

Name
    Vorin Káno
    Race
    Vampire
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Luminescent Blue
    Build
    6'1", 175 lbs.
    Job
    Connoisseur

It may interfere with my ideas.

However, it is very good. I don't know if I can use it though.
    "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste
    I've been around for a long long year, Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ, Had his moment of doubt and pain
    Made damn sure that Pilate, Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you, Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you, Is the nature of my game?"Sympathy for the Devil - Guns n Roses, cover of The Rolling Stones

I am a pudding pop

EXP: 149,213, Level: 16
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 2,787
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,787
    GP

Name
    Seth Dahlios
    Race
    Lavinian
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'7" 160
    Job
    Thief/Hex Mage

View Profile
    Eh this won't work for me either. It is a nice thing though, but I don't think I coudl make it fit. Sorry man.
    "White needles buried in the red
    The engine roars and then it gives
    But never dies
    'Cause we don't live
    We just survive
    On the scraps that you throw away"

-Re-education (Through Labor), Rise Against

GP

Name
    Osato Lysser
    Race
    Soulless
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Deep blue
    Build
    6' // 195 lbs
    Job
    mercenary

That's currently the problem. Shit in Althanas is to fuckin' vague and any attempt to make anything more concrete is greeted by people that don't think It'll fit into their characters.

No offense to either of you, I'm stressed and depressed at the moment.

I don't understand why the history is so damned vague about vampires, don't like the fact that a vampire can bullshit their entire history to make it however they want despite the timeline. If we're going to have a timeline and have vampires as a specificly influencing part in the history of Althanas, they need to have something solid for a history and background.

Nobody can take anything seriously around here when everything made and used is, despite being written down as fact, can be changed and up to the person's own ideas.

Now that I'm done ranting for now...

Why can't either of you two use this? Vorin's a vampire, I understand, but what's up with you Diss? You have a vamp char that I don't know about?

EXP: 25,487, Level: 6
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next level: 1,513
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,513
    GP

Name
    Xanbata Grim
    Race
    Vampire

View Profile
    Seriously guys, plust its not that hard to modify your stuff a bit. When me and Lorenor did a major quest together in Haidia we each had to merge our stuff on vampires together which required some modifications and changes on both ends. Its not that hard. But then again on the other hand nobody should be forced to obey a storyline in their threads if they don't want to espescially if that storyline is unofficial.

EXP: 149,213, Level: 16
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 2,787
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,787
    GP

Name
    Seth Dahlios
    Race
    Lavinian
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'7" 160
    Job
    Thief/Hex Mage

View Profile
    Lavinian Pride is being Sired in a thread now as we speak. The Vampires storyline as I had it, have nothing to do with the vampires of Haidia, and rather are formed by vampires who imigrated into the area long after its current residents were forced to evacuate. The history of that is in the mod forums if you'd like to look. I know its me being selfish but the virus thing doesn't work out well for me, as my method of siring is far different, the mere bite doesn't sire the vampire, it takes more than that for me.

The siring is just one of a few other things that don't synch up. Its good, I like it, don't get me wrong Kyle, its just for the purposes of what I have written, it doesn't synch up well enough for me to be able to adopt.

EDIT: And Grim, I would normally agree, however he asked about how well it would fit. Right now we got two different siring methods around althanas, one of which is often enforced as the more plausible way simply because of fear of siring inadvertantly. Until we standardize the vampiric race information, we can't begin to standardize other things.

What we need is a reset and a flat out, here is the information that Althanas would like to see used. Since its been going on for years that anyone can do as they please with plausible explanation I developed my own vampiric society. It isn't till now that I get to use it, and hence why I'm trying to tell him where the inconsistencies show up.
    Last edited by Dissinger; 07-28-06 at 09:16 PM.
    "White needles buried in the red
    The engine roars and then it gives
    But never dies
    'Cause we don't live
    We just survive
    On the scraps that you throw away"

-Re-education (Through Labor), Rise Against

Carpetmuncher
    EXP: 1,354, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 646
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 646
    GP

Name
    Luc Kraus
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5' 6'' 145 lbs

I think having an outline on the history of generic 'vampires' is more important than some minor details in someone's story, to be honest. I mean, we have so little set in stone in terms of timeline and you know, information, that Althanas is just so fucking vague for those of us who wish it was more fleshed out as a world.

Hell, what's so bad about changing the names of some places to make it so your story happened in another part of the world, or something like that? It adds more to Althanas a whole rather than furthering the singular mindset a lot of us have.

EDIT: Patty's reasoning is fine, which is why we're open ended like we are. This post is mainly intended for anyone who has a vampire and had them come from some mysterious land nobody knows about... We need to work our histories into the realms we already have if Althanas' regions are ever going to be, like... A word I can't think of =/ Dammit, I hate that.
    Cold, jade eyes that liquify
    eyes that are merciless,
    staring in mute mockery
    and in mockery of the muteness

GP

Name
    Vorin Káno
    Race
    Vampire
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Luminescent Blue
    Build
    6'1", 175 lbs.
    Job
    Connoisseur

I just don't like something so concrete. Vampires should has a fog behind their creation to me, because I have a storyline where different myths will be presented. Now, this can be the 'truth', but Vorin will just treat it as a myth on his search for history. I'm sorry, but other races don't have such concrete backrounds, and even then there are different types. I always saw there being different types of vampires.

I like it, but I have other things planned. Sorry.
    "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste
    I've been around for a long long year, Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ, Had his moment of doubt and pain
    Made damn sure that Pilate, Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you, Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you, Is the nature of my game?"Sympathy for the Devil - Guns n Roses, cover of The Rolling Stones

I am a pudding pop

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast