Bald
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'5"/200lbs
    Job
    Demon Slayer

View Profile
    (For the record for those of you who don't know I'm Pavel AKA The Vampire Lorenor on Pre-Crash Althanas. I worked on developing the current Haidia history as it exists now thanks to Zieg's personal recommendations of me)

Ease up on the noobies Matt.

I feel that the current discussion on vampire history was partially my fault. I was asked by Zieg to Storytell Haidia (A task I admit I felt that I was inadequate for) and complike the missing pieces of the history. I felt that since this was such a huge task I wanted to organize the source material that already existed and provide SOME (Not a complete) version of the history that the vampires called their own.

It was stated throughout the history of Haidia that the vampires left their caves at some point or another. Is is perfectly valid that OTHER vampire communities were established all around Althanas. Also--the explanation of the vampires as I envisioned were to make ALTHANAS vampires more solidified and give them a storyline people could work off of. I considered many things as I was writing the historical files (Big up to Patt and Zieg for their input and many others who were helping me out at the time) I envisioned that vampires were the race that ruled the Haidia wilderness.

Whilst Demons kept to their cities and Dwarves kept to the caves and mountains I wanted to have a LOGICAL explanation of what would motivate the vampire nation to invade the Great Cave Town and basically terra form it.

I wanted the Vampire Nation to mirror the historical process that lead to the development of modern day Corone. I thought there should be a lot of continuity between the two since I wanted Vampire society to kind be a perverted version of human society. (Think an extreme version of the Roman Empire) I had a bit of trouble creating the Elders and making them in such a way that it could fit the current Althanas Mythos I had to work with at the time. I wanted CERTAIN established historical references for the Elders (Within Vampire legends) but keep them as a mystery as well.

In this way I felt that players could have a chance to interpret them however they wanted working with a guideline that was already there. That's why I was shooting more for ambiguity and mystery. I wanted the Elders to actually be the first Althanas Vampires to develop the ability to Embrace others into the Vampire fold.

Right now, the Elders are in hibernation (Within their respective capitol cities and something like in Underworld) and it takes a special process to awaken them. They have representatives to do nightly business for them and ensure the success of the Vampire community at large.

Writing the vampire history was a challenge since I had a lot of reference to draw from from, but I was clearly going for something like White Wolf's The Masquerade. The Vampires manipulate things behind the scene. I'm a little bit sad that so many people are arguing over such small issues with the Vampire community but my ultimate goal WAS to allow people to interpret things however they wanted to intepret things.

I hope this helps shed some light on the subject. I wanted to keep the Elders a mystery.
    Last edited by Alberdyne_Cormyr; 09-01-06 at 11:11 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456