Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'10''/162 lbs.
    Job
    Engineer

The Corone Rangers

Hey, I'm writing a quest where I'm having my character get involved with a few ranger units conducting raids in a part of Corone. As a little history lesson, I wanted to incorporate some of Corone's canon to make it a little more authentic. I was wondering if there was a summary of the Civil War I could read rather then having to dissect it from the litany of quests Letho and others did over the course of a couple years that the war was still an active part of the site. Is there?

I'm looking to see what the outcome of the war was and what eventually happened to the Empire and the Rangers. Did some of the units eventually reconcile with the government? Did the Empire fall? Or did the Empire succeed in rooting these soldiers out and hanged most of them as traitors? Its a bit of an innocuous question, but from what I remember, there really was never a solid conclusion to the war.
    Last edited by Louis; 05-07-10 at 11:23 AM.
    "The spread of civilization may be likened to a fire; First, a feeble spark, next a flickering flame, then a mighty blaze, ever increasing in speed and power.” - Nikola Tesla

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood." - Daniel Burnham

ברוך אתה אדוני אלוהינו
    EXP: 9,299, Level: 4
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 4,701
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,701
    GP

Name
    Alma Waterstone
    Race
    Human (Q'Doshi Sinai)
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Russet
    Build
    5'4" / 129 lb.
    Job
    Witch

View Profile
    I'm fairly certain that the Corone Civil War is still ongoing.
    Current Threads
    Clean and Clear (Solo)

Recently Finished Threads
    Through Forge and Flame (Solo, 77)
    The Rubric: Remeberin Garthabel (1)
    The Memory Man (Closed to Ataraxis, Twylith, and Chucklecut, 68)
    The Fated Embrace (Closed to Vortimo, NSFW, 51)

GP

Name
    Louis Harris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'10''/162 lbs.
    Job
    Engineer

Right. Well does it have an end in sight or is it going to be left open and we draw our own conclusions?
    "The spread of civilization may be likened to a fire; First, a feeble spark, next a flickering flame, then a mighty blaze, ever increasing in speed and power.” - Nikola Tesla

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood." - Daniel Burnham

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

In all truth, the Civil War was/is my failed project. I went inactive somewhere in the middle of it, and so it never got an official conclusion. In the mean time, some new people took over the Regions and left it as is. Personally, I'm playing it so the Rangers won by conquering Radasanth and the Scarlet Brigade in a huge siege, reestablishing the Republic, but that's just how I envisioned it back when I was starting the whole damn thing. But for all intents and purposes, I think the war is still ongoing and Corone is in disarray and whatnot until further notice. I think.
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

God of Bards
    EXP: 99,783, Level: 13
    Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next level: 4,217
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,217
    GP

Name
    Duffy
    Race
    Thayne
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8"/160lbs
    Job
    Bladesinger

View Profile
    As it is inevtiably up to myself and Slavegirl to re-establish 'what's what' in our forthcoming surge of activity (now that the academic year is over), Corone will be part of that process. However, I can't really say anything specific, because as is other regions need our attention first.

If, however, Letho wishes to discuss his imagining of the war's conclusion or at least some sort of progression (as some threads are still ongoing based around it's ongoing state) I am sure something can be fleshed out to give you a better idea in due course. It is very much Letho's lovechild (red haired, naturally) so we can sort something out I'm sure.

In the meantime, consider it as Letho said to be ongoing.

GP

Name
    Louis Harris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'10''/162 lbs.
    Job
    Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Letho View Post
    In all truth, the Civil War was/is my failed project. I went inactive somewhere in the middle of it, and so it never got an official conclusion. In the mean time, some new people took over the Regions and left it as is. Personally, I'm playing it so the Rangers won by conquering Radasanth and the Scarlet Brigade in a huge siege, reestablishing the Republic, but that's just how I envisioned it back when I was starting the whole damn thing. But for all intents and purposes, I think the war is still ongoing and Corone is in disarray and whatnot until further notice. I think.
    I've got a quest lined up that fits perfectly in re-energizing the campaign, but I guess I can work on my own end for my contributions. Answers my questions, though. Thanks.