View Poll Results: Are the games becoming too easy?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, they're a bloody joke compared to before

10 55.56%
  • Nah, they're just the way they should be

6 33.33%
  • Games are fucking hard, man!

2 11.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The SECOND Official Althanas Gaming Thread

EXP: 8,389, Level: 3
    Level completed: 85%, EXP required for next level: 611
    Level completed: 85%,
    EXP required for next level: 611
    GP

Name
    Sheex Deltin
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Dark Brown
    Build
    5'9"/160lbs
    Job
    Wanderer

I picked they're becoming too easy, although in truth I'm somewhere in-between.

On the one hand, I recognize the problem that comes with a game that is too hard to beat. Nowadays, you can spend up to (and I suppose over if we throw in tax) sixty dollars a game. I remember topping out at forty or so back in the day (and that was for a DAMN good game). Kind of a pain if you never manage to beat it due to the difficulty, and I'll admit I remember a few like that.

On the other hand, when I do beat a game nowadays, it's a rare occasion that I throw my hands up in the air and scream "BAHAHAHA! I DID IT! I DID IT! QUICK! TO THE CAR! IT'S TIME FOR A CELEBRATOY BURGER! I'M BUYING!"

I kind of miss that. When I beat FFXIII, all I did was shrug. Actually, if I were to tell the truth, I tossed the remote control aside and went, "That's it? Shit, waste of sixty bucks there." Of course, back in the days of nintendo I didn't actually have a car, but the sentiment was still there.

It's a pretty hard line to walk, but fortunately I've quite a few old games I've yet to beat, so I can still feel that wonderful rush of victory.

Come Squall! We've many a magic to draw! Forget the linearity of Thirteen, I've the repition of Eight awaiting me! Hours upon hours shall be wasted clicking the "draw" button against an accursed goblin, but when we finally crush that bitch Ultemica, it's burger time! I'm buying!

The game is arguably more technical than Street Fighter 4 (a debate that can easily be taken to another thread should anyone wish to debate the merits of this thought)
    You must defeat my dragon punch to stand a chance!

Or, not really. I think it's pretty much an accepted fact that Blazblue is far more in-depth. But worry less about that, and more about Jin Kisaragi freezing your ass.

Two months. Two months and I'll have Hazama whipping your ass as well.
    Last edited by Sheex; 05-24-10 at 11:30 PM.
    The meaning of life is simple my friend. Pie. No, not that type of pie.

Sexy Immortal
    EXP: 149,516, Level: 16
    Level completed: 86%, EXP required for next level: 2,484
    Level completed: 86%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,484
    GP

Name
    Jensen Ambrose
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job
    Senior Knight of the Apocalypse

Okay, I'll let Jin take the hyper core, but not Hazama. Iron Tager will crush all opposition that does not freeze their enemies with ice. (I won't call cheap, only cause V-13 is a bitch)

The draw in eight is a big ol pain in the ass, but it's made slightly easier with the refinement option.

And screw Street Fighter 4. I'm sorry. It's a bad thing to say, but its my opinion. I just hate that a dragon punch beats everything. Including finishers. lame.
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

Avatar Edited to Look AMAZING by Sagequeen

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Speaking of celebratory Jack runs, there was none for Score Attack...WTF man?

And I'm brushing up, learning my trade. I'll kick yo asses come launch. Just takes learning what works, and what doesn't. Something I woefully was missing...
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

Sexy Immortal
    EXP: 149,516, Level: 16
    Level completed: 86%, EXP required for next level: 2,484
    Level completed: 86%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,484
    GP

Name
    Jensen Ambrose
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job
    Senior Knight of the Apocalypse

We're derailing the thread...

But nothing speaks volumes like a celebratory jack run...Did you finally beat score attack?

Off track again, SORRY! (Pat IM me.)
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

Avatar Edited to Look AMAZING by Sagequeen

EXP: 25,609, Level: 5
    Level completed: 81%, EXP required for next level: 1,391
    Level completed: 81%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,391
    GP

Name
    Sorahn un' Rohnahmeh
    Race
    Ranoan
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Deep Blue
    Build
    5'10"/140 lbs
    Job
    Chieftain of The Red Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Letho View Post
    See, you get me all wrong. I like Call of Duty games. I played every single one of them so far and I really enjoy them even if I never played it online. And up until MW2 I could enjoy it because it seemed that they put the same effort into both the offline and online content. But not anymore, with singleplayer being a mere prologue of the new CoD experience. So I could and probably should switch to another franchise, but isn't it a bit sad if that's the solution? I mean, it's clear from the previous installments that they know how to make a good singleplayer game. So why not try to cater to all their fans? Because the money is in the multiplayer? Probably. And I can't really blame them. I can complain, though. :P
    Hey by the way the new CoD Black Ops game is set in the cold-war / vietnam era and the only thing they've even talked about so far is the single player. Granted it looks a lot like the action movie craziness of MW2, but when it's all they're talking about it has to be decent, right?

I love some multiplayer CoD, but that's because I joined a clan and got to know a lot of the guys that play, so I always play with people I know. If I didn't, it would get old very very fast (I know because I've done it). Instead, I am a big fan of a good single player game. Fallout 3 was amazing, and I haven't even played any of the expansions (maybe I should), but I also like more linear games like FFX and FEAR.

I like a pretty wide range of games.

Speaking of that, anyone tried ModNation Racers? I've been thinking about picking that up for some mario-kart-esque fun and as a party game (most of my friends are intimidated by most video games but love some mario kart).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123