Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile

The Auction House

The strangest of carriages was positioned outside of the bazaar. It was some sort of transportation, though small and louder. It was covered with various stickers from places nobody on Althanas had heard of. Four panes of glass covered what would be exposed areas on each side of the device. At the very front was a picture of a blue spiky haired creature in red sneakers. This carriage would come to be known as a 'Race Car', the only one to ever be seen on Althanas.

The owner of the machine was sitting on the hood of his toy. A white jump suit carried all of the same labels that pasted over his transportation. A smear of grease was just under his left eye, and his backwards hat had a tuft of brown hair slipping out from it's hole. This man was Travis 'Sonic' Mills. He had been on Althanas for a few years now, seeking out adventures and trying to get back home. Now, he sought a new profession.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the Travis Mills Auction House!" He exclaimed, jumping off of his car and throwing his arms up in an overacting motion. "Things are a bit different in my place. I don't like people hogging all the glory to themselves. You spend too much, you get penalized. Simple as that."

"Now, the first item I'm going to have up for bid is a rare little marble shaped stone called the Ignore Orb. Like I said, it's the size of a marble, and it's light blue. Whoever has this item in their possesion gets totally overlooked by people. Keep in mind it doesn't make you invisible, just unnoticed. Observe, or will you!?"

Travis opened the door to his car and took out a small bag. He reached into the bag and all of a sudden nobody seemed to want to look at him. The man then slammed his fist against the hood of his car making a loud echo three times, bringing all eyes back to him. "And now we go into the drawbacks. If you bring attention to yourself, such as scream, laugh, or make a loud noise, the effect of the orb wears off for precisely one hour. That's how long it needs to recharge, no matter how long you go unnoticed. Furthermore, if your target concentrates hard enough on you, they can see you, it's just that they think they don't -want- to see you, giving a slight feeling of vertigo to your enemy."

Travis tossed the orb up and down a few times, eyes shifting to the crwod that was gathering. "Bidding on this interesting item starts at 200!"

Out of Character:
    Note: Once any single poster spends 2000 GP or over (be it 2000+ on a single item, or several items that account for that total, their bidding will be suspended for three items. Like the former Auction House, bids carry on for a week before they're sold to the highest bidder. If any judge/mod notices powergaming with any item sold here, it has a right to be revoked. Unless another rule needs to be implemented to control situations, that's all I can think of. The final day of the auction, the bidding ends at noon, central time, exactly. If someone bids between 11 and noon then the bidding is extended to 1, if someone bids between noon and 1, bidding is extended to 2, and so on and so forth. Every three days, a new item will be revealed, each auction lasting a week unless otherwise specified.

Every bid after initial bid is 10% of initial bid minimum.

Good luck and happy bidding!
    Last edited by Silence Sei; 06-20-10 at 07:28 AM.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

EXP: 85,686, Level: 12
    Level completed: 67%, EXP required for next level: 4,314
    Level completed: 67%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,314
    GP

Name
    Kyla Marie Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'6, 155lbs
    Job
    Ixian Knights Reformation team

Anita gripped Kyla's hand and whispered something in her ear.

"No way!" That's my allowance for a month! I'm not spending it on some stupid necklace."

The girl's breath tickled Kyla as she again whispered.

"I don't want to sneak into Jensen's room!"

Anita again leaned in but Kyla quickly pulled herself away.

"Oh all right! I'll bid 200!" She screamed over the sounds of the crowd. Perhaps she could find some use to being unnoticeable.

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    "I hear 200 from the girl in the crowd!" Travis made a 'bang bang' motion at the girl, followed with a wink and a clicking of his teeth at her. "Surely nobody will top such a price, will they? Auctions still on the table people, and there are plenty of uses to being 'another brick in the wall'!"

((NEW RULE! Every bid after initial bid is 10% of initial bid minimum. So now we're going with increments of 20))
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    "Two twenty!" A strong voice rang out from the crowd. Several people moved, like ripples in the ocean, as a woman strode forth. Her face was stoic, her fists gripped at her side. Dressed in a green and white striped shirt and soft doeskin pants, she made her way to Travis before stopping.

Her very entrance made her realize how important such a trinket may become. Where she was going, it would do well to be a wallflower.
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    "Two Twenty from the lady in desperate need of the orbs abilities." Once again, Travis 'bang-banged' the girl with a wink and a click. It seemed that the racers heart went with the flow. The cash flow.

"I have Two-Twenty, do I hear Two-Forty?"

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    EXP: 59,008, Level: 10
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 5,992
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,992
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

"Two-Forty!" Shouted Talen and waved his hand. The little orb would suit him very well indeed.

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    Skie's eyes narrowed at the stranger, raising her hand once more.

"Two Sixty!"
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

Crimson Matriarch
    EXP: 30,051, Level: 7
    Level completed: 39%, EXP required for next level: 4,949
    Level completed: 39%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,949
    GP

Name
    Ruby Winchester
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11"/139lbs

View Profile
    Pffft, Ruby muttered, running the hair from her brow with a tuck behind the ears before standing from her plush velveteen seat amidst the more fortunate members of the auction house's audience.

As a prospective buyer, she stood to display her assets openly, and raised her placard with a casual flop of her hand and a sullen, sultry, uninterested edge to her voice.

"Enough loose change ladies - three hundred!"

GP

Name
    Destrudo
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    7 foot 400 pounds

Destrudo leaned against a wall. An orb like that could be useful, very useful.

"Three Hundred Sixty."
    The Continent of Chronus and the city of Kessingale open for RP!

EXP: 44,094, Level: 9
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next level: 9,906
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,906
    GP

Name
    Cassandra Remi
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blond
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    127lbs./5'6
    Job
    Actress

Cassandra eyed it, jiggled her coin purse. "Four hundred!" She said with a calm smile.
    What is this
    I'll kill you all just for fun and games
    And in the most cruel way, sacrifice you
    What a shame
    no escape
    Even if you cry out
    there's no one
    nothing but violence can save the world.

wailing wailing a loud cry of pain or rage or sorrow and with a wonderful singing voice unbridled
    wailing wailing a loud cry of pain or rage or sorrow and with a wonderful singing voice I was beside myself

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast