Hair Color
    Light blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Job
    Wizard for hire, freelance alchemist, translator, navigator, and archivist

You are Batman. Or Lex Luthor.

...except not really.

Long and short of it: We've all got plans on how to kill each other's characters. Don't waste time denying it, nobody'll believe you. We're all RPers, we're all competitive, we've all written a couple action scenes and chopped a few heads in our time here.

Me, I've been plotting to kill five or six of the top fifteen characters on the site for years now.

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

Bonus points if you're man enough to admit your character's weaknesses to improve somebody else's chances of nailing you. Nobody gets a damn thing for bravado.
    RPs to Date
    Items or EXP listed until profile updates are made.

Stairway to Heaven - Complete.
    Into Yesterday - In Progress.

EXP: 17,010, Level: 5
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next level: 2,990
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,990
    GP

Name
    Atzar Kellon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Long Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1" 180 lbs.
    Job
    Mage

I'd like to kill Letho, mostly just because I'm convinced that he'd find a way to survive a nuclear fucking explosion. It would be fun to say "I killed the guy who'd find a way to survive a nuclear fucking explosion!"

I'd also like to take down Cyrus, Christoph, Thoracis... oh, and you. Just to prove that, as far as mages go, I run this shit!

As for weakness, my character dies to pointy object. He dies to blunt object too, for that matter. So if you have anything that would fit in either category lying about... kitchen knives, baseball bats, a particularly heavy paperweight... you're well-equipped enough to be able to do the job.

God of Bards
    EXP: 99,783, Level: 13
    Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next level: 4,217
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,217
    GP

Name
    Duffy
    Race
    Thayne
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8"/160lbs
    Job
    Bladesinger

View Profile
    I was gonna say.

Duffy's weakness is...he's in his early twenties with no magic and no armour.

Poke him.

Job done.

Resident Pointy Hat
    EXP: 68,785, Level: 10
    Level completed: 32%, EXP required for next level: 8,215
    Level completed: 32%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,215
    GP

Name
    Caden "Blueraven" Law
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Job

Well, I was thinking more detailed than that.

Insofar as Letho is concerned, I actually had a pretty good idea for taking him down: Geomancy. Big league geomancy.

Start by rotating most of the battlefield underneath him, thus negating the anti-magic sphere's usefulness. Then collapse the ground beneath that anti-magic field, while continuing the rotation. Then just pile in the earth after reducing it to molten quicksand. Letho's magic negation is formidable, but it's purely oriented towards direct attacks. His strength is insane but he needs to be close and have freedom of movement to make it useful. His ranged weapons need stability to aim properly and last I looked, the guy doesn't have magic bullets.

And if he throws himself up out of the pit somehow, just have rocks on stand-by to drive him back into it. Hit from enough angles at once and he's going back into the pit whether he likes it or not. The heavy use of earth means that it's harder to dispel: Even if you can knock out the animating magicks behind an earthquake, the ground's still shaking and there's still a rock falling at your head.

Had a variant of that in mind if I ever had to take out Godhand, but I've since abandoned that since the speed advantage would counteract most of what Caden can throw around. Nowadays, Caden would have to flash-freeze the ground and hope to nail Godhand with an area-of-effect spell like Siege Arcana.

Luc Kraus was another I'd planned on taking out eventually. Sadly, he left. D: Out of everyone on the site, he was probably best equipped to stalemate Caden in a protracted fight. That was about a quarter of the reason for all Caden's melee improvements, and one reason why there's a theme of taking control and moving energy around in Caden's magic. I had it worked out that Caden would basically tear the energy out of any spell that Luc threw at him, all while using geomancy to try and negate or minimize the mobility differences between them. Eventually it'd get to melee and Caden, would basically kill him with a Thermal melee attack or twelve.

That was also how I'd planned to counter some of his defenses, like Ghosting: Caden would literally freeze the air all around him, then just keep freezing it until Luc turns tangible or passes out and dies.

Thermal magic was also a total end-run on most of the elemental characters on the site when I joined. It wasn't an actual elemental form of spellcasting so it basically bypassed elemental immunities. Caden could hurt an ice demon seemingly using ice, but in reality he'd just be changing the energy levels around it. Same goes for 'burning' a fire elemental.

In terms of strengths/weaknesses: For all his powers, Caden is still basically just a squishy human being. He has a few abilities I've held in reserve or simply implied without making heavy use of it, but a lot of that is negated by the fact that his reaction times are unenhanced and he hardly has any true countermeasures to a determined point blank attacker. Even Gravity Gambit can be bypassed by an energy attack.

His only absolute protection, at least for the time being, is that curses don't work on him. His Name is spread out so much that you've only got a one-in-however-many chance of actually nailing him with anything.
    RPs to Date

Sexy Immortal
    EXP: 149,516, Level: 16
    Level completed: 86%, EXP required for next level: 2,484
    Level completed: 86%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,484
    GP

Name
    Jensen Ambrose
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job
    Senior Knight of the Apocalypse

Jensen ironically hasn't scaled up to epic proportions. He just has a shit tone of moves and fighting styles...and oh, he's immortal. That helps.

If you think of it as Street Fighter, Jensen just lacks a fire ball attack. So any ranged would deal him in pretty quickly. He also has ZERO MAGIC. Not even a little for the purposes of battles or day to day life. Just the magic that keeps him Immortal.

So I'd fight everyone and anyone as I did as a level 0. And when I level, I just get more fighting moves. That's it.
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

Avatar Edited to Look AMAZING by Sagequeen

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Never planned on killing another character. Did pull it off once, but that was with the player's permission. Also me and Shadar Logath pulled a karmic strike and wiped each other out in a Cell.

The trick to killing Seth, is to know he's built to take punishment. The more you let Seth stick around and play his game, the more likely you are going to get gipped of the prize.

In other words, stop trying to make him squirm under your heel and just OFF the bastard. He can't gift of the magi if you kill him outright. Pain Syndicate means nothing if he's ash on the floor. His sacrificial fighting style means nothing when you feather him through the eye a hundred feet away.

Though I'm surprised to see I didn't make ANYONE'S lists...
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

Resident Pointy Hat
    GP

Name
    Caden "Blueraven" Law
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Job

Seth's not really all that active enough to take into consideration. D:
    RPs to Date

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Maybe if people asked they'd be able to get shit with him. I just have no drive to continue his story currently.
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

Resident Pointy Hat
    GP

Name
    Caden "Blueraven" Law
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Job

Honestly, Seth's a mixed bag. He's basically a Rogue/Necromancer gestalt with some headtrip spells thrown into the mix. Stone Maiden Mausoleum would probably be effective on him, but that's assuming he isn't guarded by hordes of Hex Ghouls or knifing Caden in the back.
    RPs to Date

Hand of Virtue
    EXP: 87,799, Level: 12
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 2,201
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,201
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

I... am new....

However, I do not want to, and will never want to, kill any other person's character simply because of the time invested in developing a character, and how one can invest THEMSELVES into the character.

For myself, I'm also not competitive. I want to make my character awesome for myself. I guess it's an ego boost to at least feel cool in the gaming world.

My character's weakness... is that he is level 0 and a weak, inexperienced putz. I'll almost kill him in the quest im writing now.
    2011 Althy Winner - Most Realistic Character
    2016 Althy Winner - Best Contributor & Player of the Year (tie)

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page
    Current Character Profile

Solo Quests:
    Hidden Beneath The Canopy (75)
    Lost Loot of Lornius (74)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast