Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job
    Senior Knight of the Apocalypse

“AZZA!” Stephanie screeched as she moved like a deer in flight to grab her. Panic struck through her veins as her blood and heart raced rapidly through her system, her eyes wide in terror as she felt the balls of her feet slap the pavement in her boots. Her hand reached out, fingers stretching to the max she clawed to grab the little child’s dress.

It was a split second to late.

Azza’s body fell in slow motion and Stephanie hit her body into the guard rails, her breath being knocked out of her as she scrambled to climb up the rail and jump in after her. As her feet slipped to hit the top rail a pair of hands grabbed her and pulled back. Her eyes never left the child’s as she fought to be free from the flesh that bound her. She elbowed one of the people in the face and rose back to the top rail, but she couldn’t jump in as another guard grabbed her waist and tossed her all the way back.

“Hold her down!” the attendant ordered. “I don’t want any heroic bull stunts! Get the animal trainers to the Aleran Wolf Pit! Move it! Emergency red!” Attendants began quickly and safely ordering the guests and patrons to leave the exhibit area as more Zoo workers piled into the area. Some brought ladders and some brought rope. A few trainers arrived with long poles that held a U shaped curve at the end to push deadly animals away.

The commotion and the screaming pilfered through the air at a crashing sound. The noise and confusion angered the wolves hiding in the pit cave and when they saw Azza On the ground crying a few members of the pack stepped out from his perch and growled lowly baring their teeth. Azza saw them and whined, scampering to the wall and holding her back straight as she shivered in fear. The wolves moved in on her as a few trainers dropped their ladders and began scampering down quickly forming a circle around Azza.

Stephanie glanced at the plaque of information and read it quickly, learning that Aleran wolves hearing was the keenest of the wolf species, and that because of this loud noises make them very angry. The other tidbit is that the Aleran wolves hunting greater packs, with the Alpha Male staying behind letting the rest do the work. Only when their territory was being threatened would the lead wolf come out and attack.

Probably the stupidest move they could have done, the territorial threat to the Aleran wolves sent them all into a frenzy as they all lurched out of the cave, angrily snapping their jaws as they attacked in one pack at the same time. The trainers all held their poles shakily, some being tackled and ripped at as the others fled back up the ladder.

“MY DAUGHTER YOU ASSES! GRAB MY DAUGHTER!” Stephanie shouted as she tried to break through the three guards holding her back. Azza cried as the wolves attacked the trainers before they began forming around the little girl, protecting her as some sort of prize. The trainers all fled as they shouted in alarm and panic, leaving the girl behind.

“What the hell is wrong with you people? Let me save my daughter!” Stephanie shouted punching one in the face. She broke through for a moment until some heavier armed guards strode up to her and grabbed her, tying her down as others moved to the pit. She hollered in protest, but one guard gave her a dark look before “accidentally” slipping the butt of his weapon into her face. Her screams were silenced as she fumed to herself, glaring at the man, her cheek red.

The leader of this new group stood forward and looked at the situation. With a sorrowful nod, which looked more forced than anything else, he began to speak. “It’s to dicey down there. The wolves will eat anything that comes close to the little girl. That leaves one solution!” he seemed to grow excited. “Use our reserves of poisonous gas to kill all the wolves!” His men nodded to his request as the trainers and the attendants all looked to him with a ‘what the hell are you thinking’ expression. He pointed to them and his guards detained them, pushing their bodies away. The lead guard turned back to Stephanie.

“If it were only possible to save your daughter,” he lied. “I would jump in there, doing a daring roll, and make do some seriously sensuous ass whipping, but it’s just not in the cards, babe!” Stephanie looked to him, saw he was actually serious, and her face turned even darker red as she breathed heavily. She took one deep breath, rolled to her back, and nipped up.

“Uh, what are you doing?” the leader asked. Stephanie jumped into a tight ball, lopping her legs into her body and hopping over her hands effectively bringing them from her back to her stomach. She rolled her shoulders for comfort, lifted her hands to her hair and pulled out a pin, and went to work. “MEN!” he shouted. “My loyal men! Detain her!” Stephanie gave him a dark look as she managed to use the in to gain leverage over the ropes, breaking the knot. She whipped the rope up and out, hitting on e in the face before rushing forwards at the leader of this bloody hungry group of heavy guards.

“Oh man, looks like I won’t get my new medal of valor approved.” he whined as Stephanie’s foot slammed into his face. The other guards all ran around her and she realized she wouldn’t break through them.

“This is the stupidest shit I have ever born witness too,” she chided. “And I live with Jensen!” she added turning and running off and away with a sudden idea in her mind.

Confused she left they all shrugged attending to their leader and making preparations. The few remaining trainers used their pole arms to keep the wolves away from Azza as the wolfs circled her, looking up for more intruders. A few walked up to her, sniffing her, but one baleful howl and the wolves left her alone.

The howl was like a clap of thunder, the others all running away in fear as they made room for the Alpha wolf. One giant paw hit the ground, unsettling the dust in the exhibit. A large wolf, easily the size of a five foot human and three times the girth trotted forward. It was deemed Azza would be the Alpha wolf’s prize meal, and the others could pick off whatever was left of the little girl.

It sniffed the air and strode forwards, leaning down and sniffing the girl as she whimpered, feeling around for something, anything to use against the beast. When she found something and lifted it to throw, the wolf howled at her, drool and bad odor washing over as she dropped her weapon in terror, covering her face.

The wolf moved forward, sniffing her twice before growling, lifting its head back and opening its jaws. When it came close to eating her there was a loud crunch as one of the pole arms shattered, a trainer screaming to his other aids to grab another and help him. They all ran to help, dozens of pole arms pushing the Alpha wolf away. The other Aleran wolves jumped forwards, some gripping the pole in their teeth and yanking hard pulling the weapons away. When the last of the weapons were removed the leader of the pack howled again, looking down upon Azza with hungry eyes.

As it stepped forward and prepared to feast the little girl closed her eyes, and whispered for her mommy and daddy to save her.

With a sharp yelp the wolf backed away, and Azza dared to peak her eye open. Standing before her was Jensen, jacket floating in the air behind him as it hovered away, one hand gripping a broken pole arm like it were a dagger as his other hand was held up in the air. She beamed seeing him, her eyes wide open and she blinked to make sure he was really there, and when she saw he still was she grew excited.

Jensen gave a quick moment to look at Azza with a smile. “Don’t worry kid, remember, half the fun of the adventures in the danger. Now be a good girl and do what Mommy says, okay?” His jacket floated down over her face, and she clung to it tightly. Jensen looked back to the wolf and laughed, a maddening, laughing shrill of one who faced terror everyday and reveled in it.

The Alpha wolf bellowed in protest, its jaws snapping as it charged at the immortal. Jensen felt his blood boil in hatred for the beast that dared to think of making his daughter a snack as he lept backwards in a tight flip, moving into his Caeiporiea dance style. The strange movements put the beast at bay, it’s hind legs risen as it’s front paws extended to either side of it.

Azza nodded her head free looking up to see Stephanie repelling down, the other trainers holding the rope with all their might as she scooped down, picking up her daughter. Azza clung to her tightly as Stephanie began whispering into her ear that everything would be all right. They pulled them clear and Stephanie held her tightly, rubbing her back with her hand as she worried look to see Jensen fighting the Alpha wolf.

Jensen bounced, ducked and dodged the beast, laughing and twirling the pole in his hands slamming it into the cranium of the beast, only seeming to upset it more. At last it pounced Jensen, slamming everything it had into the immortal. With a shriek of mirth Jensen bent backwards, falling and lifting his feet up. When his boots hit the underbelly of the wolf king he pushed rolling backwards in momentum with the wolf. It whined in fear and yelped as it soared into the rocky edge of the pit, hitting it hard. Jensen rotated back to his feet, turned to see the rope dangling and ran as fast as he could.

He leapt, grabbed the rope, and Stephanie let go of Azza to help the trainers pull him up. He moved quickly, the wolf getting back to its bearings with a shake of its head as it ran towards Jensen . It hopped upwards, its teeth engulfing one of his feet and Jensen howled out in agony as it held onto his leg violently twitching. He was about to let go of the rope until he felt Stephanie’s hands grip his tightly.

“Pull!” She shouted. Jensen looked to her, and she saw the thought in his eyes shaking her head in mourning. “Don’t die on me,” she whispered to him. Jensen looked into her eyes, seeming them water up and his heart melted to see that expression. Then a quick twinge of pain ran up his spine as the wolf shook violently. He gripped her hand tighter, cursing foul blaspheme through his teeth. “HELP US YOU DOLTS!” Stephanie shouted to the heavily armed guards that were such a bother before.

They looked to each other, then with a shrug ran over and grabbed onto the trainers and yanked. With a cry of pain that caused several other exhibits inhabitants to begin crying and wailing, Jensen was up, one leg a shredded, bloody mess as Stephanie pulled him over the ledge. The Alpha wolf hit the ground with a startling bump, shook its head in confusion, then with a huff of breath it trotted back to its lair, the other wolves following in pursuit.

Azza ran to her parents, hugging them both tightly as she nuzzled Jensen’s stomach. Jensen looked down upon her with a fatherly grin, patting her on the head as he looked to Stephanie, who was crying as she held Jensen tightly, her hand rubbing the girl’s back.

“Psssh, women…” the immortal mumbled.
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

Avatar Edited to Look AMAZING by Sagequeen

EXP: 30,152, Level: 7
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 4,848
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,848
    GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus (Cleansing One)
    Hair Color
    White to Gray
    Eye Color
    Maroon
    Build
    5'2 / 119lb
    Job
    Cleansing One

View Profile
    Besides Azza having fallen asleep in Jensen’s arms, the journey to the nearby medical pavilion was uneventful. He kept a steadfast grimace and refused to let anyone come close to his daughter, including Stephanie. Despite his wounded leg, he insisted on carrying Azza himself, to treatment.

The heavily armored guards had shuffled away, bored now that the moment of excitement had passed. The leader of the group skulked a bit, staring after Stephanie and Jensen with a dumb expression, before finally trudging back to follow his men. Perhaps another day, he’ll have another chance.

Thankfully, the park attendants were much more sympathetic and did what little they could to aid the three. Mostly it was to hand Stephanie a new tissue and to clean up the blood trail being left in Jensen’s wake.

Eventually, they all reached the cool, underground medical pavilion. It was cold enough that it made Stephanie shiver, while Azza on the other hand seemed to be completely at ease. It was then, that Jensen finally let Azza down onto a bed while letting out a long, resounding, “Ffuucckkk!” The adrenaline had left his body and it was only then that he realized his leg was throbbing in more pain than he thought. If he didn’t know better, it felt as though his leg was simulating a second heart.

As the attendants left one by one, a familiar one stayed behind to talk to the family. “The doctor will be here shortly. She’s tending to a few animals in another room at the moment.” With a polite bow, she gazed at the group with her honest brown eyes and made to leave.

“Wait, you’re the one at the gate aren’t you?” Stephanie asked suddenly. The woman turned with a surprised look before nodding. “Could we have your name?”

“Certainly ma’am. My name is Candice.” With a smile, she turned, opened the door to the room, and left. When the door clicked shut and the cool of the room, combined with the silence was too much to bear, Jensen was the first to say something.

“How the fuck did you let Azza fall into the wolf pit?” was what came out. It had a mixture of stunned surprise and protective aggression. If it had just been aggression, Jensen would have just rolled with it, but it felt more fatherly and when he looked to Azza, he could feel his blood boiling again in anger.

“Me? You think I didn’t fucking try to save her myself?” Jensen’s sudden comment caught her off guard but his accusation didn’t sit well at all. “Hell, I got knocked in the face and started a fight with the guards!”

“Yeah? Who the hell was the one who fucking jumped in?” Standing on his two feet to face Stephanie squarely, he grimaced at the pain, which only fueled him further.

“Well excuse me for having a brain and staying up there to pull my daughter out! And what was that crap trying to play hero?”

“Trying to play hero? The fuck do you mean? I saved her didn’t I?”

“And what about you? What if you didn’t make it? How’re you supposed to explain that the next day?”

“Well excuse me for putting my daughter’s life before my own!” Jensen took the moment to tap both hands to his chest, then extended his arms and palms out, while pushing his chest forwards in confrontation.

“You are such a-” Stephanie seethed but a sudden sneeze and stirring caused the two to look over to Azza, who had shifted onto her side. Their voices had become increasingly loud and it was a miracle they didn’t wake the small girl. A feeling of guilt washed over both of them as they watched her sleeping form. “We’ve both got a lot to learn about being parents… and about our daughter.”

Jensen nodded passively in agreement as he mumbled, “Well, we’ve got the 'fighting like a married couple,' down pat.” It was then that the second half of what Stephanie said clicked. “What do you mean a lot to learn about our daughter? She’s a girl and an orphan.”

Stephanie rolled her eyes at Jensen and then pointed carefully; as if they very act itself would bother the girl. “Her back has that huge tattoo and when I was rubbing her back, I felt something feathery. Well, maybe not feathers, but like fur.”

Jensen shrugged, “So maybe she’s not the most completely normal human. She still human right?”

Stephanie sighed and looked to him with slight disbelief. “Well I guess your theory is as good as any. I doubt she’d know anything about herself since she is an orphan.”

It was then that Jensen let out a low grumbling growl as he sat back down on the medical bed, a small pool of blood around the ravaged foot he had been standing on. Stephanie couldn’t help but snicker at that. “Oh yeah, super hilarious, bitch.”

“Tch, yeah it is, jackass.” Stephanie took the moment to look about the room before looking back to Jensen. “I might as well take a look around while you and Azza wait to get treated.”

“Yeah yeah…” Jensen said with brushing motion for Stephanie to leave, while he turned onto his side to look at his daughter. The sound of the door opened once more then closed as the sound of footsteps receded away. In the silence, Jensen wondered what sort of treatment he would receive from a doctor that dealt with animals more than humans. The very thought made him scoff and sit up once more.

Quite suddenly, Azza woke up and looked about herself in utter confusion, as if she had been sleeping for days. It took her a moment before she got her bearings and looked over to her father.

“How you doing, sleepy head?” Jensen managed with a grin.

Azza returned the smile, but didn’t answer immediately. Instead, she slid off and walked over to hug onto her father. “Thank you for saving me daddy.”

He let a hand ruffle her hair and when he pulled away, he noticed that he had left a bit of red on her white hair. Biting his lower lip, he thought it better not to mention anything until later after a shower. Maybe never mention it at all.

“Was daddy and mommy fighting?” Azza asked without warning.

“Ah… shit… I guess you heard that then?” Azza shook her head. A look of confuse overtook Jensen. “Then how’d you know?”

“Azza saw in a dream daddy was fighting with mommy against someone.”

“Someone?” Jensen asked. His thoughts instantly went to Sei Oolouge. The mind reading fairy fuck of a king. He quickly chased those thoughts away though as he realized she said it was in a dream. “Yeah? What else did you… wait, did you just call yourself Azza?”

The child grinned sheepishly and mumbled out softly, “Is a habit… I stopped after my thirteenth birthday two weeks ago, but happens now and then.”

“Uh huh… well what else did you see in the dream?”

“I saw daddy and mommy kissing. Does daddy and mommy do that a lot?”

Had he been drinking anything, Jensen would have choked, but as he sat there, he still coughed in reaction while his face reddened. “No no.”

“No?” Azza asked a bit stupefied by the answer.

“I mean yes! No… wait…” Jensen bumbled for the perfect answer. The sound of the opening door saved him from any further need to answer.

A woman stepped in. She seemed recognizable but not entirely. Looking at the sheet she had been given, her eyes scanned over the two with an absentminded nod. “My name is Doctor Ferman.”
    Last edited by orphans; 07-21-10 at 10:10 AM.
    Current Adventures:
    None

Party:
    None

Recently Done:
    Following...
    Perspective...
    Price...
    Songs...
    He Who Waits...
    Matriarch's...

Sexy Immortal
    EXP: 149,516, Level: 16
    Level completed: 86%, EXP required for next level: 2,484
    Level completed: 86%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,484
    GP

Name
    Jensen Ambrose
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job

Jensen looked upon the blond bombshell of a doctor. Her hair was long, shifting all the way down to the small of her back and shined like golden coins submerged in water. She had a deep set of glacier blue yes, eyes so cold and piercing Azza and Jensen both gripped each other tighter for warmth. Her smile was warm and inviting, yet something about the way her perfect teeth showed to them gave Jensen a feeling of something. He couldn’t place it at all, but the more he thought about it the more certain he began to notice he had felt the sensation before.

“I see you two have already made yourselves comfortable!” Doctor Ferman spoke lightly, her tone shifting through the air like a fine silk, so smooth was her flawless tone. “I do hope the zoo guard squad didn’t give you guys to much a headache.” she gave them a bright smile as she lowered her clipboard and started washing her hands thoroughly.

“I heard they slammed a weapon into my fri- uh, wife’s,” Jensen quickly corrected himself. “face, and then tried to shove poisonous gas into the pit and kill my daughter.” Jensen said crudely before grinning. “Other than that, they were total gentlemen.” he sassed.

“Yes, we have received several complaints about Brock Zannigan, he is a highly respected mercenary hero in these parts, but overall I find him to be a bit too gun-ho.” She wiped her hands dry on a clean towel and then pulled some gloved over her hands. “I know what you are thinking,” she said interrupting Jensen from speaking again. “How is a zoologist and veterinarian supposed to heal the people?” she let the answer linger in the air for the two to answer.

“Thought crossed my mind,” Jensen mumbled scratching the back of his head.

“I happen to be a medical doctor of the people first, animals was actually my hobby.” She smiled. “My mother, Catrina Ferman, was a doctor and I learned to be one to follow in her footsteps.” Jensen looked down to Azza, who shrugged. Jensen, not sure what to think, shrugged back as he held his daughter by him.

“Alright, I’m going to examine the girl first, if you don’t mind?” She asked softly.

~*~*~

Stephanie walked with hate filled steps. If she wasn’t surrounded by people she probably would have been stomping her feet in protest to Jensen’s stupid arguments. What was his deal anyway? She did everything that was humanly possible to save their daughter. Why couldn’t he just accept that? Instead of wrapping his arms around her and whispering his thanks he just…acted like Jensen.

The day was going so well too. For the first time Stephanie had felt like she and Jensen were actually going to be together. Her heart pined for the immortal, realizing she had fallen in love with him in Akashima two years ago when he saved her life from a mob of people. The way he darted in front of them, laughing wildly was the same way he jumped into the wolves den, jacket fluttering behind him. Her breath was taken away to see him like that. A flickering form of the Jensen she loved showing through.

The girl, Azza, was doing wonders on the immortal’s soul. Jensen had toned down his asshole ways ten notches around the girl. His gentle, warm heart bled through the egotistical god complex exterior shell, and he held her in a way lovers do. She smiled thinking how they walked, hand in hand in the Aviary, feeling his fingers refusing to let hers go.

Then he had to go and ruin it.

She sighed to herself, stopping as she sat looking out over the zoo. She watched the people move freely about themselves, seeing older couples holding hands and kissing in the shade, younger couples holding onto each other for fear of breaking apart if they ever let go. Annoyed with hat she was seeing, feeling more jealousy than hate, she turned her attentions elsewhere. There she saw a mother and father sitting with their daughter at a table, eating ice cream and laughing. The girl was younger than Azza, but she giggled in the same way the girl did. The courtyard was filled with similar scenes, as well as birds swooping in to grab their meals. Stephanie kicked off the wall she leaned against with a heavy sigh. Sometimes being a helpless romantic had it’s flaws, she figured with a weak grin.

The sun was still high in the air, but the tint in the air had turn a twinge of orange, and her years in the Knights of Apocalypse had trained her well in reading the sun. It was five o’clock. It was time to go. She sighed again, a deeper, depressing sigh. Azza would soon be gone, and she felt her heart melting in agony to accept that fact. She had only pretended to adopt her, and only adopting her for a day was what was needed of the mission.

The damn mission!

Stephanie had completely forgotten to observe the targets of interest Cassandra had detailed in the mission dossier. Just thinking of the fact that she and Jensen would have to report to her was bad enough, but now to tell her they failed in their mission? The thought made her shiver in terror. Melancholy as usual, her feet moved for her, and she kept her head down as she walked, a cloud of darkness looming over her. How such a great day had promises of being a complete disaster.

Lost in her thoughts she bumped into something and muttered her apologies as she turned to get out of their way. The object shifted to block her path, and irritably she looked up to yell at the offender.

“Mommy looks mad,” Azza whispered.

“Mommy is always mad,” Jensen said slyly. “You see, when a woman grows up and finds a guy she wants to marry, her heart turns into a black piece of coal, and she becomes cold and heartless.” Azza nodded, as if she understood his words and accepted them as a real fact. “So what did you learn?”

“No getting married! I don’t want to be a bitch!” Azza promised. Jensen looked down to Stephanie with a grin that covered his whole face. Stephanie wanted to punch him, hard, in the face, but Azza was sitting upon her father’s shoulders. She didn’t want to injure the girl any more.

“Good, solved the problem of the boyfriends!” Jensen clasped his hands together in a job well done fashion. Stephanie merely snorted lightly looking up to Azza with a sad smile.

“Uh oh, she’s doing the money knows best thing!” Jensen warned. “She’s going to say something terrible and mean!” Stephanie looked to Jensen and lifted her hand to his throat, wrapping her fingers around it and squeezing so he would stop talking for just a few moments.

“It’s time to go back, sweetheart.” Stephanie whispered softly. Azza’s eyes looked to her, a few tears welling up.

“But, I want to go home with you guys!” Azza protested. Jensen scooped her up and put her on the ground. She stood defiantly in front of Jensen, as if he was her big back up and enforcer. Stephanie thought how cute the two looked, and lowered her self to the girls level.

“Hey, I want to take you home too, but that’s not the way it works.” Stephanie whispered to her in motherly way. “We have things to discuss first.” Azza shook her head furiously.

“No, I don’t want to go back!” Azza shouted again turning and hugging Jensen’s leg. Sighing Stephanie looked up to Jensen and her eyes softened to see he too was having some difficulty with the idea. Jensen looked at Stephanie, and his eyes told her to stand. She did so and Jensen brought her in closer.

“Let’s just get her back, she’s not going to stop making a fuss and she’ll never back down about being with us.” Stephanie looked to him and gave him a challenging eye, begging him to elaborate. “She won’t stop this, because she’s our daughter…” Jensen whispered looking down to her. “She’s as stubborn as we are…”
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Hair Color
    White to Gray
    Eye Color
    Maroon
    Build
    5'2 / 119lb
    Job
    Cleansing One

View Profile
    The group walked together in silence through the town. Many of the shops were still open, and being summer, they would remain for a while longer. The sun itself seemed to drift lazily in the sky, as if trying to decide to fall off the blue canvas or stay a while longer. Along the street, other parents lead their children with happy smiles as they returned home, or shopped for the night’s meal. Azza truly felt blessed to have felt such joy, but the associated pain with the potential loss was tearing her apart from the inside.

Once or twice, one of the three would try and start a conversation, but each attempt sputtered and died pathetically. Whatever was said and carried on for more than a few sentences, felt strained and unnatural. A sudden voice called out to Azza and her parents, making them all look up and in the direction of the bakery. It was Willow, waving frantically as she approached with a small brown bag.

Azza did her best and forced a smile as the older girl hugged her, but almost instantly, Willow separated and looked at Azza with an inquisitive eye. She had seen the girl smile many times before but there was something off with this one. Realization hit as she turned her eyes accusingly at Jensen and Stephanie, but said nothing. “I was going to deliver these to Holly, can you be a dear and bring these as your last delivery?”

Azza said nothing and simply nodded. Taking the bag into her arm with a dulled vigor, the small girl began to plod off ahead of her adoptive parents. As Jensen and Stephanie turned to leave as well, Willow cleared her throat and spoke softly enough so only they would hear what she said, “Don’t break her heart.”

Jensen shrugged uneasily and continued on while Stephanie lingered a little before moving as well. As she did, she couldn’t help but mutter out under her breath, “Just pile on the guilt…” First the mission and now everyone seemed to know their intentions. Every glance and stare seemed to be accusing her, even though this entire plan was thought up by Cassandra Remi. If things got any worse, the looming cloud over her head might as well be real. Jensen’s words still played in her head though, “…because she’s our daughter…”

Further ahead, Azza was fighting with both her emotions and the voice inside of her. Despite her efforts, her heart was overwhelmed. Even the strongest cry, Azza. You are, after all, just a child still. The reasoning of the voice was sound. She was a child and crying would, and should have been what she did. Unfortunately, younger days had taught her that when she did bawl, throwing up would be inevitable. Still, a small sob escaped as she blamed herself. Maybe there was something wrong with her that they didn’t like. It was the first time in her life that she began to hate herself for being… her. It isn’t like you to give up. Mentally, the child shoved the voice away.

Jensen was behind Azza a few steps, and in front of Stephanie by a few. Whenever he slowed for Stephanie to catch up, Azza would be too far ahead by herself. When he picked up his pace, Stephanie dragged and moped behind. Truthfully, the heavy tension in the air was getting on his nerves, and had the tension been palpable, he would have shoryukened the shit out of it.

It wasn’t until they neared the orphanage did all three come together once more as group; as a family. On the steps, the caretaker Holly was watching the children washing up for dinner while some of the older children, the ones who had never been adopted, returned “home,” from their respective apprenticeships or jobs about town.

Stephanie had her head on Jensen’s left shoulder and Azza stood by his right side with Jensen’s hand resting on top of her head in a reassuring way. But Azza wanted to find a place in their hearts. Somewhere she belonged. With a bit of hesitance, she reached up with her smaller hand and wrapped it around Jensen’s larger one, fearful that he might let her go for good.
    Last edited by orphans; 08-02-10 at 07:11 PM.
    Current Adventures:
    None

Party:
    None

Recently Done:
    Following...
    Perspective...
    Price...
    Songs...
    He Who Waits...
    Matriarch's...

Sexy Immortal
    GP

Name
    Jensen Ambrose
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job

The tension in the air was thick enough that Jensen felt it pressing against his chest like a powerful built sumo wrestler. The way Stephanie leaned on him for support, the grip of Azza’s tiny fingers on his hand, it was all becoming far to much for the usually rude and crass immortal. His heart wavered and felt like it was racing with time itself, in some desperate chance to halt the march of time and change the course of the destiny that was about to be played out.

Looking at the tiny girl and Jensen knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that she was meant for him. By what means, what power, or cruel joke in the pantheon of the gods, Azza and Jensen were meant to be together. The thought sobered him up immensely, and he concluded that it wasn’t the heat in the air that made him act the way he did. Simply put, Jensen actually was enjoying being nice and pleasant and loving. The feeling felt warm and happy, and despite how many times he promised himself he shouldn’t be attached to people, he felt his heart growing fond of the two girls near him.

Yet all good things must come to end and with a heavy sigh he looked to Lady Holly as she waited patiently out on the doorsteps. Azza looked to Jensen, her eyes pleading for the immortal to keep her, and instead of comforting the kid he selfishly looked away. Stephanie was first to break off, leaning down and picking the girl up in a tight hug. She was crying softly, tears streaming down her face. Jensen lifted his left hand and stroked her back, supporting her in her emotional moment.

“I see you all had a great time at the zoo,” Holly said, but her tone was anything but inviting. She pointed to Jensen’s leg and sheepishly a park attendant stepped out from the house. Stephanie looked to Jensen with sorry eyes, but Azza quickly spoke.

“I got to see the wolves.” she whispered. “They were big and scary, but daddy protected me from them while mommy held me extra tight!” her eyes pleaded to mother Holly, but she stubbornly shook her head pointing to the inside of the house.

“Time for bed, missy. Get in the house and clean up.” Azza looked to Jensen, her eyes begging as she whispered to him.

“Please take me with you…” Jensen felt his own tears starting to form to hear her pitiful pleas. He turned himself a bit to avoid her eyes, and looked out to the setting sun.

“I can’t take you with me kiddo, I‘m sorry.” Jensen said for her to hear. “As much as I want to, maybe you should just stay here and wait for a daddy who would love you.”

“You don’t love me?” Jensen heard the question and felt an invisible knife twist in his chest. Stephanie looked to him, and offered her hand as her fingers stretched to hold his.

“Of course we love you!” Stephanie said quickly nuzzling the girls chin with her face. “We just…we just have to…It’s just that…” Stephanie fought for the words to say, to make a child understand why people who loved her couldn’t adopt her.

“Sorry kiddo,” Jensen repeated. “You are a great kid, a kid who deserves far better than me to be your daddy.”

“Come on Jensen,” Stephanie whispered to her friend. “She needs you.” Jensen looked back to Stephanie, and though he held tears in his eyes he swatted her hand away.

“I don’t love, I don’t befriend, and I don’t make a good daddy.” The immortal said stubbornly. Holly watched the scene unfold and merely crossed her arms over her chest. There was silence before she stepped up, as if taking Jensen’s side.

“Not married, were you two?” she spoke, but it was clear she left that question rhetorical. Stephanie and Jensen’s short lived marriage was over. “I hear you let a small girl fall into a den of wolves, and she almost died today.” Jensen rounded on her gripping his fingers into two white balls.

“I think we got the memo we’re not cut out to be parents!” he chided. “Take the kid already so we can go!” Azza looked to Jensen, her feelings hurt that he wasn’t even fighting for her anymore. Where was the man who loved her enough to jump into a pit of wolves and fight off a bear sized wolf? Where was the daddy who taught her about hookers and adventures? Who was this man who was being such a jerk? She wanted her daddy back, and she began softly sobbing.

“You don’t have to pretend you don’t care, Jensen!” Stephanie said heatedly, letting Azza down gently. Jensen turned his attentions to the female knight. They glared daggers for a moment, but softly Jensen let up on his hatred.

“You’re right Stephanie,” he said looking down rubbing the back of his head softly. “I don’t have to pretend.”

Then without fanfare the immortal turned his back on the orphanage and started walking away. Holly snorted her disgust in his actions, but swooped forward grabbing Azza before she could give chase. Stephanie bound her fist up tightly and she felt her blood sing to run over and punch him, but as she watched him walk she saw the real Jensen Ambrose. Maybe her time with him was just a dream, and the more she realized this was the man she fell in love with, the more her heart fractured and began to break into a thousand pieces.

“I’m not going to pretend I’m a father! I‘m not going to pretend I love you, Steph,” Jensen said angrily as he walked. “I’m a fucking immortal. That’s the reality. I live life by my rules to stop myself from going insane. You don’t like the way I act, may I advise you advert your eyes someplace else, cause this is what reality is for me.” Jensen said in a crabby mood as he walked towards Sei’s tomb. Stephanie, head held low, walked forward after him.

“DADDY!” Azza screamed. Jensen froze on the spot, his shoulders twitching as his fingers flexed unnaturally. “Daddy don’t leave me!” Azza cried. Holly shushed her gently as she turned back to the orphanage. Jensen didn’t move as he softly lowered his head in her direction.

“I’m sorry kiddo,” he whispered.

“Mommy!” Stephanie looked back to her, her face a wreck. “Please mommy!” Stephanie waved goodbye to her, and then ran to catch up with Jensen. Still he stood, stark still, not moving. He waited for a moment, until the kids cries were muffled by the sound of the house.

“Love you…” Jensen whispered so only he could hear. He looked up to the road and began walking again, Stephanie in tow.
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

Sexy Immortal
    GP

Name
    Jensen Ambrose
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job

“Did you have to be such an asshole?” Stephanie slapped Jensen hard across the back of the head, and then, feeling the punishment didn’t fit the crime, Slapped him again and again until he shied away from her.

“One of us had to do it!” Jensen replied back with hostility. “Sorry I had to take the matters into my own hands, but I’d rather that girl hate me and move on with her life than long and pine for things she can’t understand!”

“Oh, so you did it for her?” Stephanie said hotly. “Cause, being a total dickwad was necessary for a young girl who has had nothing all her life! That’s your damn problem Jensen! You don’t fucking know when enough is enough! You just took her hope and stabbed it repeatedly and laughed like you were fighting against it the whole time!”

“She deserved better than what we could offer,” Jensen’s tone was stern. “We can offer that girl nothing!” He looked to Stephanie with a challenging eye, and she obliged in kind getting in his face and hitting him again across the cheek with her back hand, then forehand, then backhand again until he retreated. He had never seen the woman so angry before in his life.

“We could have given her the one thing she wanted more than anything else, you dumbshit!” Jensen gave her a confused stare, and Stephanie just rolled her eyes angrily and walked off in a huff. “I can’t believe how idiotic you are, Ambrose. Your so thick it makes me want to puke. I can’t believe I fucking fell in love with you!”

“Hey I didn’t ask you to!” Jensen said defensively pointing to her. “I’m happy with my secluded ways!”

“YOU DON’T GIVE PERMISSION TO PEOPLE TO LOVE YOU, YOU GOD DAMN FUCKING MORON! YOUR SO FUCKING STUCK IN YOUR GOD DAMN EGOTISTICAL WORLD WHERE EVERYTHING HAPPENS AND REVOLVES AROUND YOU AND IF IT DOESN’T YOU CLOSE YOUR FUCKING EYES AND PRETEND IT ISN’T THERE!”

The woman’s shrieking echoed in the air, scarring away birds that were nesting in the trees nearby and having several people stop and stare. She turned to Jensen, tears flowing down her face as he looked to her.

“Did nothing…nothing today get through to you?” she asked, her voice hoarse. Jensen looked to her, eyes ready to protest her words as he felt his blood boil, but he then realized something was missing. This time Jensen noticed his heart just wasn’t in this fight.

Realizing for the first time truly how much of an ass he had been, Jensen sighed and shook his head. “I suppose not,” he whispered. He walked forwards, and Stephanie glared at him before she too sighed and they both walked side by side. After several long pauses Stephanie lifted her head up.

“Love.”

“Come again?” Jensen turned his head towards her.

“We could have given her love. That was something we both could have given her, offered her.” She said gently. Jensen nodded his head as they looked upon the entrance to Sei’s tomb. Then they both felt a chill feeling in their limbs as both shook in their boots.

“We live and breath war, Steaph…it’s no life for Azza.” Jensen said as they saw Cassandra standing in the mouth of the cave with a wide grin on her face.

“I suppose it’s not…” she admitted as both approached her and bowed low.

Cassandra let them stew for a moment as they both felt her palpable wave of dread wash over them. They felt the back of their hairs raise and the temperature drop as she turned and beckoned them inside to follow with a flick of her hand.

With heavy sighs they followed to the conference room where she bade them to sit. Jensen stood as Stephanie took a seat, and resolutely he stood behind her, hands resting on her shoulder. The touch was warm and gentle, and Stephanie felt a measure of protection from the immortal who protected her from Cassandra Remi’s dark aura.

“Mission status?” the serial killer asked.

“Mission status reported as follows: Failure.” Jensen said bluntly in strict military fashion. “Field Notes: Jensen Ambrose reporting that the mission was a failure due to my anger in not wishing to use a small child for petty reasons.” Stephanie stiffened when she heard him speak, quickly coming to the conclusion the Immortal was taking all the blame. She made a move to talk, but Cassandra’s piercing hazel eyes glared to her, cutting her off.

“You’ll get your chance to prove your worth, imbecile.” her tone was violent and full of disappointment, and Stephanie felt her gaze bearing down on her, but with a quick pinch of Jensen’s fingers she felt relaxed. Just knowing he was at her back was able to calm her nerves.

“I think that what you tried to pull was a bunch of bullshit, frankly,” Jensen said rudely. “Using a small orphan to gain access into the wildlife forum,” Jensen’s face contorted in disgust. “You really got no qualms ruining others lives? That’s just plain torture to the child we used!”

Exactly,” Cassandra breathed with a sadistic smile. “Nevertheless, despite my methods, you had a mission to perform. Your failure is not going to go lightly, Jensen Ambrose!”

“Where the fuck is your heart, lady?” Jensen continued, ignoring her threats. “We just made a child bawl her eyes out because she thought she found two parents who loved her!”

“Why how strange, Mr. Ambrose!” Cassandra countered. “I thought you didn’t know how to love, being the big bad Immortal.” she giggled to herself. “Are you telling me a tiny prepubescent runtling broke down the ice barriers of the fabled enigmatic immortal?”

“How cute,” she continued, her face contorting to mirth. “Am I to assume that little brat of a child you picked up did-” Cassandra’s mouth was silenced as Jensen’s opened faced hand slapped across her mouth. The frail woman fell out of her chair, and the immortal stood over her, eyes raging like a protective parent.

“Don’t you dare talk about my daughter like that or I’ll be the one who will be there, every time, to wipe that fucking grin off your face!” he oozed out. Cassandra listened to his words before cocking her head to the side.

Stephanie’s hand inched out and grabbed Jensen’s, and the immortal gripped it back tightly. Cassandra stood up slowly like a snake ready to strike, her eyes full of venom as Jensen tensed his muscles. Stephanie lifting herself up and holding Jensen tightly to make him back down. Chances were the immortal was in way over his head and was going to be severely punished. Cassandra took one long breath, then looked to Stephanie.

“Do you have the names of anybody I can use to manipulate my own way into the zoo building, since you two cretins can’t do the job yourselves?” Stephanie shook her head as Jensen glared at her, but then after a bit of thought he could recall a few names.

“Yeah, they got a doctor by the name Ferman.” Cassandra’s eyes immediately lit up. She turned to Jensen and gave him a scrutinizing look.

“Explain more.” she ordered. “Leave out no detail.” Jensen shrugged.

“What do you want from me. She said her mom was a doctor, worked on some miracle cure for a disease and had a knack for potions. She wanted to be like her mom, so she became a doctor. Blond hair bimbo and…” Jensen thought about the feeling she exuded, and when he looked at Cassandra he felt a giant finger snapping in his mind. “She exudes that same creepy ass aura you do!”

Cassandra thought about this for a moment, then with dismissive hand she walked away from them.

“This is all I need. Very good work, you two. Go treat yourselves to a doggy biscuit for all your hard efforts. Maybe you can even give one to your daughter, Mr. Ambrose. The little bitch may like it.” Cassandra laughed as Jensen made a move on her. Stephanie stood before him, holding him tightly as she held the immortal back, her shrill laughter sending shivers down her spine as Jensen continued to push to attack the serial killer.

After he let up for a bit, Stephanie looked up to him, her face beaming as she smiled.

“Admit it Jensen,” Stephanie said slyly. “You love Azza. Or you wouldn't go punching the most nortious Serial Killer in all Althanas in the face. You want to be her daddy, admit it!” The immortal thought about it, and then with a nod of his head, he smiled back to Stephanie.

“Yeah, I guess I do.”
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

Sexy Immortal
    GP

Name
    Jensen Ambrose
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job

Jensen sat upon his bed, head lowered deep in thought. He had never in his entire life spent so much time with Sei, and that in itself bothered him. But what was on the immortal’s mind needed a level head to talk with. After his three hour talk with the mute mystic he retired to his bedroom and looked down at the sheets, which was littered in RazeRed playing cards. He wasn’t trying to improve his deck or anything, he was using it as a distraction while he thought long and hard.

Stephanie did the same, but instead of playing with her cards she merely read a book. The two sat in silence in their shared room, before Jensen looked up to Stephanie with weak eyes.

“It’s just not a good idea, Steph,” Jensen picked up all the cards and shuffled them before starting to lay them out again.

“What are we afraid of?” Stephanie said lowering the book but not looking to Jensen. “I’ll go first. I’ll admit I’m afraid of having her life in our hands. That her well being is based solely on us taking care of her.”

“I’m terrified that I’ll slip up, that I’ll say something and she’ll hate me forever…”

“Uh…Jensen you already did that.” Stephanie teased. The immortal rolled his eyes slapping himself in the forehead. “Hey…I know you meant well in your own brand of style…” she said lifting her feet out of the bed and crossing to sit on the floor in front of him.

“Are you seriously thinking about doing this?” Jensen asked her. Stephanie nodded her head.

“Even if you and I decide never to be together, the both of us can still raise her well.” She promised. Jensen nodded. “Besides, If we adopt her, we’ll know that we can get a larger living arrangement. Didn’t Sei already promise you he would?” Jensen nodded.

“This just feels…rushed.” Stephanie shrugged her shoulders.

“So it is rushed!” Stephanie said lifting herself up, her tone like an orator. “Does it feel right in your heart?” Jensen looked to her and thought about it. “I’m sure we can convince Holly, if we really mean it in our hearts.” she whispered.

“What about us?” Jensen blurted. Stephanie looked to him and her face flushed. Jensen felt his own cheeks grow rosy as well. Then with a deep breath he lifted his feet off his bed and looked to Stephanie. “Do we try to make this work as well?” he motioned to the air between them. Stephanie took a moment before she shook her head. ‘

“I think, I think,” she bit her lower lip. “I think we should focus on Azza more than us…” she hated to say it, but she didn’t want to force Jensen into a relationship. The immortal nodded, taking a deep breath as he stood up. He looked to the clock, and figured if they made haste they could reach the orphanage in a decent amount of time before midnight.

“She’s our daughter…” Jensen said more to himself than to Stephanie. He thought about those words, and he nodded again rather stupidly as if he made up his mind. “I don’t care, but I’m going to try. I love the little kiddo, and I’d be no better than a coward to let her rot in that dump without me to protect her.” Jensen lifted himself up and grabbed his jacket as he looked to Stephanie.

“You said it best, Steph,” Jensen said as he rotated the leather around his body until it he wore it flawlessly. “We can’t give the girl much, but we can give her love. She doesn’t need more than that. Meet me at the cave exit in twenty minutes, I got to do something first.” Jensen opened the door and walked out down the halls.

Stephanie smiled and couldn’t’ help but feel happy as she watched him walk away. The Jensen from before was showing again, and she was happy to see him stay. Quickly she grabbed her things.

((Your up next, kiddo))
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Hair Color
    White to Gray
    Eye Color
    Maroon
    Build
    5'2 / 119lb
    Job
    Cleansing One

View Profile
    Azza had never screamed much in her entire life, yet this single day, she managed to scream enough to last several of her lifetimes. The sight of her adoptive parents walking away down the road, ignoring her cries, played through her mind over and over now that she was inside. It had taken Mother Holly a good thirty minutes in a separate room to calm the child enough to stop thrashing about to escape.

She even cried hard enough for the first time to vomit, though nothing came up. Instead, it was dry heaves, as if her own soul and mind was trying to reject the images playing through her head; so that she wouldn’t have to suffer through the rest of her life with this experience. To return to the husk and shell she used to call Azza. To return back when she first awoke and restart the five years of consciousness she had.

Mother Holly could only look on and comfort the girl with a gentle hand on the child’s back. As she did, it was painfully obvious to her now that the girl wasn’t fully human. The tuffs of feather and fur were still on the child’s back while the mark between the child’s shoulders seemed more defined than before. Letting out a sigh, the aging woman shook her head at the thought. Either way this was Azza’s home, and in truth, she’d have it no other way. “When you’re ready, go wash up for dinner.”

Azza nodded weakly, still bent over and hugging onto an empty wicker waste bin. Mechanically, the child dragged herself up and walked behind Holly, before separating to go to the well outside.

Holly had proceeded to the dining room where thankfully, the older children had set and prepared the meal. The air remained heavy as nearly everyone had seen what transpired through the windows of the orphanage. The younger children who didn’t understand what they saw, knew well enough that it was something bad, and that for tonight, they should behave as best they could. The silence of the dinner table was deafening and other than an occasional cough or sneeze, no one dared to make a sound.

Outside, Azza had drawn a pail of cool water to wash her face with. Yet, as she gazed to the receding sun and the path that Jensen and Stephanie had disappeared down, she felt a pull to run away. It was fool hardy, illogical, and there was no promise they would even take her with them.

Jensen’s voice continued to whisper in her ears while the smiling face of Stephanie drifted across her mind. A quick splash of water on her face didn’t erase them, and neither did submerging her head into the small trough where she had poured the cold water. The dry heave earlier, definitely didn’t rid her of their existence either, and if anything, solidified their presence in her life. Even though their time together was short, she missed them. This time when tears began to fall, she brushed them away in frustration.

Mother Holly found Azza sitting outside on the steps, staring down the road her daytime parents had gone. Anger rose and dwelled in the aging woman’s heart as she stared down the path in her own thoughts. She could only wonder what sort of sick individuals the two were. They certainly captured the small girl’s heart, and in one fell swoop, ended it all and left the child’s life in shattered pieces. It was times like this that Mother Holly cursed the gods for their cruel jokes. Turning her eyes down, she saw that Azza wasn’t even aware of her presence. With a careful hand on her shoulder, Holly shook Azza a little.

Like a ragdoll, Azza rolled about and did little else except keep upright while mumbling something. Unable to hear, Holly sat down next to the girl and hugged her comfortingly. It was then that Holly heard what Azza mumbled as she said it again. “What did I do wrong?”

The words were daggers in Holly’s heart as she shushed the child gently. “You did nothing wrong Azza.” Silence passed as the two held each other, watching the sun sink lower in the sky. “Your dinner’s cold.”

“Alright…” Without much spirit, Azza finally got up with Holly’s help and went inside. Eating didn’t appeal to the girl. She rolled the peas about with a fork after having only a few spoonfuls of soup. Even her favorite bread roll went untouched.

Many of the other children settled in early for the night. With the heavy atmosphere, sleep seemed to be the easiest alternative to speed up time and pass the day. The older children, who had things of their own to do, did so quietly before turning in early as well. Azza soon followed their examples and placed herself face down onto her pillow.
    Last edited by orphans; 08-02-10 at 07:25 PM.
    Current Adventures:
    None

Party:
    None

Recently Done:
    Following...
    Perspective...
    Price...
    Songs...
    He Who Waits...
    Matriarch's...

GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Hair Color
    White to Gray
    Eye Color
    Maroon
    Build
    5'2 / 119lb
    Job
    Cleansing One

View Profile
    It’s not your fault.

Azza laid there wide awake, staring off at the cloudless night sky through a window while lying on her back. Normally, her back would have been sore, but tonight, it seemed to cease the annoyance to offer the girl some comfort.

Wishing things to never happen, will never solve anything… you know that.

Azza nodded. The voice didn’t bother her very much anymore. It was a strange sort of comfort to know that she wasn’t alone anymore, but at the same time, it was really just herself wasn’t it? She couldn’t be sure but any guess was good at this point.

Do you still wish you were human?

Azza smiled weakly at the ceiling before mumbling, “Wishing wouldn’t help, would it?”

No… I’m afraid not. It seemed the voice was more empathetic than usual. We all have wishes though. Myself included.

It took a moment for Azza to recollect what the voice had just whispered in her head. Her eyes had begun to droop but they opened in confusion once more. “You?”

In time. When you are ready you will know. There was an awkward pause, between the voice and Azza, before it finally began once more. I hope you can center yourself soon. I don’t want to lose you again.

“Again?” Sitting up, Azza looked about the room. She strained to hear the voice answer her question, but it did not. Laying back down in disappointment, she wondered if she was really going insane. She did after all, act like a very bad child today.

Without meaning to, her mind wandered to her adoptive parents that she had today. The only day that she knew what it was like to have parents. Of course Mother Holly did her best to provide what she could for the children, but she was only one person for an orphanage of twenty or so.

There was a loud sigh from the room where Mother Holly had her desk as a small thud of something was planted onto the wooden table. Then the sound of a bottle being opened followed. Whatever it was, Azza decided that perhaps sleeping would make her feel better in the morning. With a sigh of her own, she closed her eyes to try and nap at least.

The candle in the aging woman’s room had yet to be snuffed out. The paper work she had strewn about her desk had her wondering if the choices she had made were right. It was only now that she realize that perhaps other adoptions were faked as well, except much better masked and played. That perhaps the good future she hoped for those children was wasted. Was she too trusting of those who seemed genuine? Heaving another heavy sigh, she picked up the bottle and poured a bit of medicine for her headache. The taste made her cough, but after a moment, she choked it down.

Azza’s adoption sheet sat off to the side, already crossed out. It wouldn’t have been a legal adoption now that she thought about it. She had forgotten to correct the child’s age to thirteen on the sheet. “Cursed bureaucratic shit...”

Holly continued to mumble swears as she thought about the whole process and her potential past mistakes. When she finished Azza’s new papers, she glossed them over without much satisfaction. Taking another look at the bottle, she cursed again as she saw the label. “Fire brandy… that’s where it was…” Looking at the medicine cabinet behind herself, she pulled out an identical bottle sporting a different label. After some consideration, she kept the brandy out.

A smile began to slowly creepy across her face as she drank some more, realizing that it was a gift sent to her a few years back from one who had been adopted. She chuckled and closed her eyes in relaxation. Perhaps she was too pessimistic in thinking all of them ended up badly. Still, even if one ended up badly because of her, it would be one too many.

A soft knock on the door startled Holly as she looked about in a mild confusion. She could only wonder who at this late hour would even visit an orphanage. The brief thought of inspectors invaded her mind. At once, her pleasant demeanor soured as she stalked towards the door with candle in hand.

What greeted Holly when she opened the door was the last thing that she expected: Jensen and Stephanie. Her eyes might as well have been made from ice as she stared at the two. The only thing keeping her from simply slamming the door was the thought of the sleeping children. Perhaps it was the alcohol going to her brain hampering her ability to think of what to say, but after staring at Jensen and Stephanie for a dozen or so uncomfortable seconds, she nodded to them. “Evening…”
    Last edited by orphans; 08-02-10 at 07:39 PM.
    Current Adventures:
    None

Party:
    None

Recently Done:
    Following...
    Perspective...
    Price...
    Songs...
    He Who Waits...
    Matriarch's...

Sexy Immortal
    GP

Name
    Jensen Ambrose
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job

Jensen looked to Mother Holly with apologetic eyes, as Stephanie shirked from her stern gaze. The tension from before when they left Azza all alone was nothing compared to what currently was taking place, and the immortal let the older woman make the first move. Albeit, by placing his foot in the way of her shutting the door in the event she tried to slam the door.

He whiffed the air and smelled the strong scent of liquor, and he didn’t blame the old crone. She had seen quite a bit of drama unfold by his hands, and the thought of seeing him again so soon was baffling. The two knights waited, and when she frustratingly muttered the words of greeting it sounded more like a threat.

“Or good morning, depending on who you ask,” Jensen joked with a smile. Holly didn’t smile. “Guess I shouldn’t ask you…” Jensen noted. Stephanie in turn slapped him across the arm to get the knight to wise up.

“May we come in, please?” Stephanie asked. Holly looked to them both and instead stepped out shutting the door behind her. Her attitude and demeanor had turned darker, and she crossed her arms over her chest.

“I’d prefer you stay the hell away from Azza,” Holly warned. “I don’t know much about you two, but it’s clear the you both didn’t care about the girl. Is she some sick joke to you too?” Holly rolled her eyes. “Is this your two’s way of exciting your passion.”

“Uh no…It’s actually part of a mission we were sent on.” Jensen spoke. Holly looked to him with wide eyes of confusion. Sighing the immortal lifted the dossier out of his jacket and handed it to her, and with a scrutinizing eye she read the details before scoffing, tossing it aside.

“How tasteless. You have no heart, Mr. Ambrose. If that’s even your real name…” she joked with a cruel chuckle. “You two here to adopt her again for a day? Need another child to fulfill your goals? Is destroying the life of the sweetest girl on Althanas not enough that you need more!” Holly spoke increasing her tone as she picked her finger up and tapped Jensen on the chest repeatedly.

Stephanie stepped forward quickly, raising both hands up in surrender. “We’re both not here to do that. We came on our accord.” Holly gave her a dirty look and Jensen spoke up next.

“We came because we want to do something, something we should have done hours ago.” Holly saw where they were going and she lifted her hands up to stop them.

“Out of the question! You two are clearly not fit to be parents! She could have died today!” The owner of the orphanage did her best to prevent herself from screaming at the two. “Not to mention you both lied to her and to me. What bargaining position do you think you even have? I should have both of you hung for your deceit!”

“I put my own life at risk for that girl!” Jensen said heatedly. “Stephanie did as well! I would have rather died than let anything harm Azza! Stephanie didn’t sit by idly either, she fought off armed guards to get into that Wolf Den!”

“I wonder if that was for her good, or for your own good…” Holly muttered, her courage to say such rude words coming from the fire in her chest. Jensen felt the urge to slap her hard, but restrained himself as Stephanie spoke next.

“We did it because we care about her! When she was with us we didn’t even bother with the mission! In fact, both of us are in big trouble now I think about it…but we don’t care. All that matters to us is that little girl!” Holly shook her head in defiance.

“It all means nothing now! You already broke her heart! I can’t risk you doing that again!” Jensen felt the words strike him and he lowered his head in shame. Holly looked to him, seeing that defeated look in his eyes, but he raised his head, determination etched on his face despite how futile he felt the conversation would be. For that, she gave him a bit of respect. It wouldn’t do any good however.

“I screwed up…I know that.” Jensen said to her in a low tone. “I have done a lot in my life, Holly, a lot of things that would make a street corner worker blush, a grizzled veteran warrior go slack jawed, and surprise even a demon.” Jensen wiped his hand in front of her to emphasize his coming point. “Nothing I have ever done before I regret. I’d do it all over again in a heart beat just for the laugh. Today, when I turned my back on Azza, I regretted my actions. I want nothing so badly than to take it back, but I’m no time mage and there is no point to bother with regret. I have only now to look at with my own eyes, and I want Azza back in my life.”

Holly listened to what he said, heard the truth in his words and felt the convictions in his speech, but still she shook her head. “You made her cry, Mr. Ambrose!” She said sternly, but her edge was long gone, the hostile tone was missing. This time Mother Holly was speaking with truth and the pain of a guardian who watched something they protected get hurt.

Holly stood her ground, looking to the enigmatic immortal. “I don’t care if you had time to regret your actions, the simple fact is you performed them, and because of you carelessness, you hurt the sweet soul of that girl. She’s turning into a vegetable because something she put her heart into let her down! Can you even imagine what that-” Holly stopped as she looked at Jensen, and she felt her own brain going fuzzy. What she saw made her want to take another sip of her drinks, or be splashed with cold water to assure she was seeing what she saw.

Jensen Ambrose was actually crying.

“I know…I know I fucked up!” Jensen said with straining effort. “I know how that feels, I know what is like to be abandoned by people you love. Maybe that’s what made doing it so natural to me. I’m sorry and I’d give anything to take it back, but I know deep down I love this little girl.”

“The same goes for me,” Stephanie said softly. “Jensen and I may not be married, or even together, but we both love her with all our hearts. We disobeyed orders from one of the Ixian Knight’s nine generals to make sure Azza had a day she would never forget. But our intent was never to make it the worst day of her life.” Holly looked to them both and her mouth was held open slightly.

“The Ixian Knights?” She repeated. Both nodded. “That’s Orlouge’s group of warriors bent to save the world, right?” They nodded again. “And he set you up to destroy a little girl’s life?” Jensen shook his head.

“There are facets in every army that the main populace can never know about to ensure the job gets done without the public’s notice. This general is one of them…She gave us the orders to use a child as a tool, but we both refused to hurt Azza like that.” Stephanie replied, filling the gaps. Holly, who’s military background kicked in, thought about those words and realized they did indeed make sense. She had been hired more than once to do somebody else’s dirty deeds. Still, she had morals.

Yet when she looked to the two of them she saw that they did as well. They seemed genuinely sorry for their actions, and the more she thought about it, the more it made sense for Azza to be more attached to loving people who cared about her. They maybe didn’t use her after all. Maybe, just maybe, they had merit to their words, forsaking a mission and instead spending time with Azza. If so, they risked a lot to do so. Holly turned and opened the door, offering them inside.

Jensen took Stephanie’s hand in his, squeezing it tight as they walked inside. The wood creaked as their boots stepped upon the floor, and she led them to her office where she offered them seats. Then, with a shrug she opened a desk drawer and pulled out two more tumblers and poured some drinks for them both. She offered the liquid to them, and both took it with a thank you. She sat down, looking to them, and then with a deep sigh and a heave of her chest she took a swig and wiped the back of her mouth with her hand. The alcohol burned her throat and tingled her chest as she smiled tipsily, but when she opened her eyes they were stern.

“No.” She said gently. “The risk is far to much.” she continued before they could protest. “You convinced me that you two aren’t demon’s in sheep’s clothing, but news that your part of a band of warriors proves to me that you both have no clue how to be a parent. I no longer question your love for Azza, but this passion is on the air of brashness. You are not thinking of her or her well being.” Holly sadly smiled to them. “Unfortunately, though I wish this was the case, love is not enough. She needs a stable home, parents who will not die suddenly on her, education, attention, and hundreds of other things you cannot give by being in the army. I should know…” Holly said saluting them with their drink.

Jensen lifted his glass to her in understanding, and they both drank. Stephanie looked to him with a dark look, but he smiled as he pulled out a small envelope that was sealed and shut. On the front written in neat, fancy hand writing was Holly’s name. Jensen let her take the note and she gave him a suspicious look before grabbing her letter opener and getting to the single folded page.

Her eyes scanned the page while Stephanie’s looked to the envelope, not knowing about it until just now. When she studied the seal she realized who it was and her hand gripped Jensen’s tightly. Holly looked to the letter a few more times before putting it down and sighing as she looked to Jensen with a sly smile.

“Already thought of that, didn’t you, Mr. Ambrose?” Jensen nodded.

“The only thing I wasn’t sure of was regaining your trust, but Stephanie,” he said looking at the female knight with an affectionate smile, holding her hand tightly before bringing her in and wrapping his arm around her shoulder. “She told me if we loved her enough in our hearts than we would be able to do it.” Holly nodded as she looked to them, and then with a shrug she looked to her brandy and refilled their glasses.

“Well, who can really argue with the hero of Radansath?” she said with a grin. “If Sei Orlouge can vouch for your character, Jensen Ambrose, than I suppose it will be enough for me.” She lifted her glass up to them. “This time, you better mean it. If you break her heart again, I’ll find a fate so terrible you’ll wish you both were under the gaze of the Gisela Reaper.”

“Really?” Stephanie and Jensen said as one, both sitting upright at the same time, excited looks on their faces.

“Really.” Holly said with a nod taking a swig of her drink. “Her room is the third on the left, the second bunk.” Jensen was up like a bolt of lightening as Stephanie felt a rush of giddiness overwhelm her, getting up and striding in two bounds to Holly and squeezing her tightly. His exuberance bounded down the halls while Stephanie and Holly searched for the adoption papers on her messy desk.

“Jensen, your other left sweetie…” Holly sighed calling down the hallway.

In big bounds of swift feet Jensen ran in the right direction, a wild grin on his face as he searched for his daughter.
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast