White to Gray
    Eye Color
    Maroon
    Build
    5'2 / 119lb
    Job
    Cleansing One

View Profile
    Sleep didn’t come to Azza at all. Instead, a strange comforting haze did as her mind danced in and out of consciousness. The sound of raised voices outside the orphanage, floating in through open windows, did catch her attention, however. She paid no heed to them and continued to drift.

Then the door opened with its own telltale whine while the floor creaked with the sound of several people. Azza yawned and kept her eyes closed. Perhaps it was Mother Holly’s friends, but most likely, someone bringing in another orphan.

Voices and the sound of more glasses seemed to confirm Azza’s guess. Satisfied, she gave another yawn and continued to try and sleep. She had nearly fallen asleep when she heard excited movement rushing about the room. At first, it was in the opposite direction, but a call from Holly sent whoever it was rushing back and down the way towards Azza.

Curiosity got the better of the girl as she rose up to sit, rubbing her eyes to rid herself of sleep. All along the bed, she could see a few others sitting up, yawning, as they looked about themselves in confusion. A familiar shape was moving about the beds though, searching frantically.

Then suddenly, the person muttered something. “Shit, can’t see anything.” Instantly, Azza recognized the voice as Jensen’s and moved to rise, but something held her back. Surely this was a dream: A rather sick and twisted dream. However, as she blinked her eyes and rubbed them, she knew it was real. When he came close enough, they stared at each other for a second before Jensen moved first to hug her.

Confusion, joy, anger, and sadness all welled up at once inside of the small girl. She had never in her life wanted to hurt anything else, but it was as if something deep inside of her telling her to do so. At the same time, she was happy to be able to see her adoptive father once more and made to feel safe in his embrace. Yet, how long he was here for was to be determined. Did he come back to just say farewell?

Jensen pulled away and waited for her to say something. Seeing Azza starting to tear, he wiped it away quickly with a careful thumb.

“You came back…” Azza strained to hold back from crying, figuring that Jensen wouldn’t like vomit on his clothing. “Daddy left but came back.”

“Sure did.” Even in the lack of light, Jensen’s smile was visible to her.

She wanted to ask if he would take her with him, but after what happened today, it would have taken a miracle for Mother Holly to agree. Instead, she whimpered hesitantly, “Daddy… came to say goodbye?”

“No. We’re taking you home with us.”

Those words shocked Azza as she stared in disbelief. The sound of more footsteps behind Jensen made the small girl peek over his shoulders. Jensen turned as well to find Holly and Stephanie both smiling.

“Is it true, Mother Holly?”

Holly nodded, tired from the long day. “Yes Azza. I made them promise to take care of your forever this time.” She then looked to Stephanie for added reassurance. The smile Stephanie gave, gave Azza’s heart enough strength to finally embrace Jensen once more.

--------

It didn’t take long to gather the few things Azza had. In fact, everything she had could fit into the small cloth satchel she made herself (with some tips from Holly). Jensen and Stephanie were brought back to Holly’s office to finalize a few more things. While that happened, those who had awoken were wishing Azza well.

“Azza will come back and visit?” The small four-year-old whined softly. She had taken Azza on as her older sister ever since she had come to the small orphanage.

“Of course.” Ruffling the smaller child’s hair, she then guided her back towards bed. “If Mother Holly says you’re good, I’ll bring sweetroot.” Grinning, the four-year-old nodded and climbed into bed.

As those who were awake said their farewells and left, a boy came up to Azza decisively, though still obviously nervous. He was older than her by a couple of years. By law he would have to leave next year at 16. “I uh… made this for you.” He pressed something small and wrapped in paper into her hands.

She struggled to recall his name, as other than seeing him now and then, the boy spent the majority of his time at his blacksmith apprenticeship. Looking up and seeing the scruff brown hair reminded her suddenly. “Thank you, Coyo.”

“Azza, are you ready?” Holly called out softly as she stood by the door with Jensen and Stephanie. The pair turned to look at them before looking to each other a bit awkwardly again.

“You better get going Azza and I should sleep,” he offered abashed.

“Alright.” Bowing her head, as taught by Holly when receiving a gift, Azza then hurried to her adoptive parents' side.

Jensen lowered himself and then turned so his back faced Azza. “Come on, you get to ride home tonight.” Stephanie and Holly both chuckled as Azza climbed on, not entirely sure where to hold onto. Once Jensen felt Azza take hold, he held onto her legs and started out the open door. Stephanie lingered a little to thank Holly, who only waved her on. It was, after all, getting rather late.

The road back to Sei’s Tomb was uneventful as the group travelled under the soft glow of the moon. Azza had drifted to sleep on Jensen’s back while Stephanie made sure the girl wouldn’t fall off.

Once inside, Azza remained asleep and oblivious to the wondering and questioning eyes of some of the soldiers keeping watch or simply burning the midnight oil: Jensen, the enigmatic immortal, carrying a child on his back? Jensen himself could care less about what the others thought. Azza was his and Stephanie’s child.

Azza's room would have more luxuries than she could have ever dreamed; absolutely nothing broken or patched up. Jensen laid the girl's sleeping form down onto the softer-than-air bed, then stepped back. Quietly, he returned to Stephanie who was standing nearby.

“Do you think she’ll like life here?” Stephanie asked, a bit of worry now creeping into her features.

Jensen scoffed slightly. “She'd better, her room's better than mine at her age.” The remark earned him a slap on the arm, but he grinned at her. “I’m more worried about her getting lost.” A yawn from Stephanie signaled her own need for sleep. Her hand wandered down and held onto the immortal’s to squeeze.

“We should sleep too so we can wake up before her. It’d be bad if she ran into Remi, somehow.” Jensen nodded in agreement, especially after his bold move of slapping the Gisela Reaper in the face. They closed the door quietly and retired to their own new room right across the hall.

In truth, luxuries would be wasted on the small child. She would be able to appreciate them, but she would always secretly want simplicity. The soft bed would feel unnatural in time, and clothing would be another matter while she grew older. But for now, at the current moment, the girl had everything she could ever have hoped for. A mother, a father, and somewhere she truly felt happy and could finally call home.
    Last edited by orphans; 08-02-10 at 07:58 PM.
    Current Adventures:
    None

Party:
    None

Recently Done:
    Following...
    Perspective...
    Price...
    Songs...
    He Who Waits...
    Matriarch's...

Sexy Immortal
    EXP: 149,516, Level: 16
    Level completed: 86%, EXP required for next level: 2,484
    Level completed: 86%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,484
    GP

Name
    Jensen Ambrose
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job
    Senior Knight of the Apocalypse

Jensen and Stephanie shut the door to Azza’s little room, both sighing softly as they looked to each other with bright smiles. Unable to control herself she grabbed Jensen by his torso over to her, and hugged him tightly, the knight coughing awkwardly before he sighed again, holding her back.

“She’s our daughter now,” the woman stated as fact. “Her life is in our hands.” Jensen nodded as they both stepped into the front room. Sei had really been to kind for the immortal’s tastes. The apartment he gave them in the cave was fashioned out only recently from the bedrock, Sei’s crew of workers doing the best to facilitate the homes of the their new soldiers. He was now living on the opposite end of the cave from where he last slept, closer to his lord and the other nine generals in what Anita coined, the ‘family’ district. There was a cavern where kids could go to play that had access to sunlight and a little wading pool. During the more carefree days of the army’s availability someone could take the kids to the Radansath parks above ground.

Stephanie pointed to the front room where they walked towards, a sly smile on her face. "So you made me wait twenty minutes to get Sei to write you that letter of recommendation, huh?" The immortal nodded. "I thought you hated him, and wanted nothing from him. You've been growing up a lot, haven't you, Jensen?" she teased, but instead of rebuke he softly nodded.

"I did whatever it took to get that little girl back in our lives. If that meant having to make a deal with...Sei, then I'll deal with Sei." he said ending the matter.

The front room was decently furnished, a table, a couch, a rocking chair. Not much to brag about, but it did have it’s own quality that Jensen enjoyed. He had noted, much to his annoyance, that Sei had left pictures of Jensen and the fairy king doing various activities. Anita’s little camera was apparently working overtime as of late, but there was one picture he hadn’t known she took that made him smile.

On his shoulders at the zoo was Azza, Stephanie smiling up at him as Jensen looked to his daughter, a big grin on is face as a map was being tossed behind them.

Stephanie saw the pictures and she traced her fingers along all of them, as if absorbing the memories from the touch. As she observed them she turned to see the picture of the three of them and she smiled to herself, silently thanking Anita and her stalker like tendencies of Jensen. The mystic daughter of Sei would do whatever it took to prove the immortal was no good for her father, and today it really panned out. Maybe she had other motives, but she left that for another day.

“We look really happy huh?” Jensen whispered as Stephanie stood next to him. She nodded her head, yawning loudly. Jensen continued to look at the picture before he gripped his jacket tightly, as if afraid to let something go.

“A problem?” Stephanie asked. Jensen kept his eyes shut for a moment, then with a soft exhale of breath he lifted his jacket and took it off, placing it on the coat rack next to the door before looking at Stephanie. She eyed him, getting a strange vibe from him she hadn’t felt in a long time, but she stood ready to aid her friend in whatever way she could.

“I don’t know what to say, or what to do…” Jensen spoke softly. “But…I think…I think if I just talk I’ll eventually get there. Mind listening, Steph?” Immediately she nodded her head, motioning for him to talk. Jensen took in a deep breath, and then with another soft exhale he spoke in barely a whisper.

“It took me forever to accept that Denzel, Chanelle, and Miguel were all dead. It took me even longer to move forward from the fact that they wouldn’t be in my life at all in anyway shape of form. I had Xavier Sigma to help me, but that…that was to much for anyone to bare on their own. After the events in Death’s Cradle, I sorta…gave up. Like a kid. Like a whiny, scared kid. I’m no emo…well…maybe I am. But instead of standing in the rain to hide my tears, I stand in a shower. Where nobody can see…”

Stephanie smiled to him as she lifted her hand out, grabbing his and dragging him to the couch where she let him sit. He looked at her for a long time, then continued on. “That was my defense, that was how I lived without losing it. Sure, I pretend I’m insane, but am I really? No…just a boy. I think along the way I found many things that I would die for. I’d die for Azza, for you, Adolph, Aislinn, Fur Ball Felicity, Kyla,” he chuckled. “Even the Faggot Fairy King and his bitchy daughter Anita. I’d die for them all in a heartbeat. I’d…die for them, but you know…it doesn’t feel like I’m really saying anything.”

Jensen inched his hand over to Stephanie’s where he gripped it tightly, feeling her heart beat in time with his in that simple connection. For once, the world stopped moving and all he could see was her, for the first time. What he had been blind to, what everyone told him to wake up and see, and now he saw it. In all of its glory and all of its beauty, he saw Stephanie in the way she wanted him to see her.

“I have forsaken the ideas of friends thinking that would get my by, and in a way it did, but it sure blinded me to things. The brightest light in the world and I couldn’t see it not two inches from my face. Now…Now I do. So I guess what I am saying is…uh…that Stephanie I would die for you a million times, but I think what I would rather say is,” he waited a moment and thought about these upcoming words. What he was thinking was about to bury alive the Jensen Ambrose he had lived for the past several years. He looked at Stephanie, saw she wasn’t pushing for him to speak, and he smiled to her finding the courage to speak his feelings.

“Stephanie I know I want to live for you, if that makes sense.” The jaw on Stephanie dropped, her eyes teared up as he gripped her hand tightly. “I don’t want to die for you, I want to be with you and live for you. I haven’t really done that for anyone at all. Not even Kyla. I want to explore what we can be, I want to do this right. You’ve been my best friend for four years, ah fuck Stephanie outside Xavier Sigma you are my only friend I could count on for anything. So…what I want to say is…I don’t want just your friendship, I want you.”

Stephanie looked at Jensen and she began to tear up heavily before lifting herself up enough to pounce on Jensen, holding him in a tight bear hug as her hands locked his arms upwards in a hold. What he thought she was doing was hugging him, but realized she was trying to put him in a full nelson.

“Idiot!” she bellowed. “You insensitive jerk!” she cried out. “You made me wait for four years, asshole! Four years! I promised myself I wouldn’t cry if you ever found out, and now look what you did, ya bozo! I got tear stains all over my shirt!” She carried a mask of rage, shouting at him and hitting him, but Jensen just smiled until she pooped herself out, breathing heavily as she slid into his arms, holding him and crying.

“You had me sold on living for me…” she whispered. “I love you, Jensen.” The immortal looked down at her, smiling as he ran a hand through her hair.

“I love you too, Steph.” he whispered into her ear, kissing the top of her head. She snuggled under his chin, smiling as he wiped her tears away, both relaxing as they never separated once. Jensen knew that she was special, and she was the one for him. It would take an act of god to separate them now. He would fight for his family, and most importantly, he would live for them.

In the morning, Azza would wake to find her parents sleeping on the couch. Jensen would offer to take them out to eat, and they would all go to grab pancakes at a local restaurant. Azza would experience the joy of a sugar overload, and Jensen would make a fool of himself chasing her all around a park. Stephanie would make a thousand apologies that day to complete strangers, and she would never once mean a single one.

Whatever darkness loomed over the horizon could wait. The trio were happy, and that was all they wanted.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Immortal; 08-08-10 at 08:43 PM.
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

Avatar Edited to Look AMAZING by Sagequeen

Sexy Immortal
    EXP: 149,516, Level: 16
    Level completed: 86%, EXP required for next level: 2,484
    Level completed: 86%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,484
    GP

Name
    Jensen Ambrose
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job
    Senior Knight of the Apocalypse

Out of Character:
    I feel for flow’s sake our spoil list should be separate entities from the main story.

Jensen receives the new abilities:

Adoption: Jensen Ambrose and Stephanie have adopted Azza into his home. The little girl officially gets all titles and rights as befits her station as daughter to the Ixian Knight’s prime bodyguard. She also unfortunately inherits all of Jensen’s not so good monikers, ideally the eternal hassle of dealing with stories of the Noodle Incident. There is nothing he wouldn’t do to ensure her safety so Once per thread, if Azza is in danger, Jensen Ambrose can gain a full two posts in a thread to fight as if he wasn’t wounded to defend her. There are limits to this, IE Broken limbs are still broken, so if he loses an arm he can’t magically start using it. It’s just a rush of adrenaline.
    -> Note: Jensen can’t use this ability if he already used it for Stephanie.

Soul Mates: Jensen has accepted the truth before his eyes, and has opened his once shut off heart to Stephanie. She is his soul mate, and thus there is nothing he won’t do when around her to ensure her safety. Once per thread, if Stephanie is in danger, Jensen Ambrose can gain a full two posts in a thread to fight as if he wasn’t wounded to defend her. There are limits to this, IE Broken limbs are still broken, so if he loses an arm he can’t magically start using it. It’s just a rush of adrenaline.
    -> Note: Jensen can’t use this ability if he already used it for Azza.

He also receives the following NPC ability:

Hatred: There is no denying it, but when Jensen’s fist crossed Cassandra Remi’s mouth he made an enemy of something far dangerous. While this offers nothing for in battle or tactical abilities, this demonstrates that Jensen Ambrose HATES Cassandra Remi, as she does him. This ability will also surface into Requiem of Insanity’s account.

((Though this looks like two abilities, they are in effect the same ability, just determines which person I use it on. To reiterate the note, he can use the ability ONCE PER THREAD, and on one character only. ))
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

Avatar Edited to Look AMAZING by Sagequeen

EXP: 30,152, Level: 7
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 4,848
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,848
    GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus (Cleansing One)
    Hair Color
    White to Gray
    Eye Color
    Maroon
    Build
    5'2 / 119lb
    Job
    Cleansing One

View Profile
    Out of Character:
    Requested Spoils List-

Changes in Physical Appearances and Abilities:

Adoption: Jensen Ambrose and Stephanie have adopted Azza into his home. The little girl officially gets all titles and rights as befits her station as daughter to the Ixian Knight’s prime bodyguard. She also unfortunately inherits all of Jensen’s not so good monikers, ideally the eternal hassle of dealing with stories of the Noodle Incident.

Parents’ Instructions: Azza is willing to believe whatever Jensen or Stephanie tells her, unless she already holds an opinion of the matter in question. Even then, they are able to sway her considerably.

Items Gained or Lost:

Copper Hairpin: After remember that she was given a gift, Azza has unwrapped a small brass hairpin. It has three prongs and a carefully, but crudely made flower decoration in the shape of a lily. Azza would never sell it.

Cloth Satchel: A poorly stitched, but durable, satchel that was used to hold flowers and other items to be delivered. It was recently used to carry all of Azza’s belongings with her.

Hardtack (lost): Azza has lost the hardtack to the Salvarian Mountain Llama.
    Current Adventures:
    None

Party:
    None

Recently Done:
    Following...
    Perspective...
    Price...
    Songs...
    He Who Waits...
    Matriarch's...

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    • STORY ~ 25/30
    I enjoyed this thread a lot. It was a good story that had the right amount of action, heartache, love. It really had everything I could really hope for in a thread.

• CHARACTER ~ 28/30
    I might catch some hell for this one, but I don’t care. We saw the evolution of three characters emotionally through this story. We learned that Jensen Ambrose really isn’t a dick, we learned that Azza is without a doubt one of the cutest characters on Althanas, and we learned that Stephanie would make a great mommy, despite her arguments with Jensen. I also learned a decent bit about Mother Holly, and a few interesting details about random NPCs who may not ever be used again. The slight miss from a perfect score is due to the random kids saying things to Azza, but only one actually having a name or any semblance of a background. I really couldn’t picture any of the children other than just ghouls from ‘The Orphanage’

• WRITING STYLE ~ 20/30
    Okay, EI, you have a serious problem with differentiating the words ‘to and ‘too’. Also, during the fight with the wolves, I got a bit confused about Jensen’s actions. We also did not really touch on Azza’s metamorphosis at all, which disappointed me, and just serve to make the thread a bit confusing at times.

Wild Card ~ 7/10 If I hadn’t had to re-read a few posts here and there for clarity, this probably would have been a perfect score.

Final Score: 80/100

Jensen’s abilities are approved pending RoG approval. Items are approved/lost/

EI gets 3250 EXP, and orphans gets 900 exp.

Furthermore, Sei is so impressed by Jensen’s coming to him for help, he has given the immortal a raise in his pay rate. As such, EI gets 830 GP.

Sei was very upset when he heard of Cassandra’s mission to the two KoA Because she is the sole reason Azza was without a family for a few hours, 200 GP is taken away from Requiem of Insanity’s GP and given to orphans on top of the 530 GP she earned from this quest, totaling at 730 GP to put in a piggy bank, given to her by Uncle Sei that also can not be sold.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    GP exp added.

EI is level 6, and that's cool, but GUESS WHAT?! ORPHANS IS LEVEL 1 BABY!
    Last edited by Silence Sei; 08-09-10 at 03:19 PM.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123