Hair Color
    Pitch Black
    Eye Color
    Azure Blue
    Build
    5 9" 63 kilos
    Job
    Diplomat for DpN, Tavern Owner.

Bring what you imagine for Akashima and see what happens. Don’t give up.
    Last edited by Lakin_of_DpN; 11-17-10 at 06:02 PM.
    Nothing else matters.

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
    The people of Althanas are not bitching either. They are just growing tired of the facade that's being laid over their eyes. And at this point, I don't blame them. [/FONT]
    That's a bold statement coming from someone who's been here for a relatively short period of time. I swear, according to some of these statements, it seems like the big bad mods are behind their curtain just to make the life of the players more miserable. Which is about as far from the truth as you could get, because everything we do, we do with our members best interest in mind. And yes, sometimes that means stepping on a few toes and pissing some people off. But you can never make everybody happy.

Also, the shoving crap in your face part, I don't really remember seeing it anywhere. You proposed an idea, we told you about the future plans and Max offered an alternative. If you think that was harsh, you're going to have grow a thicker hide in order to survive the Althanas OOC.

EDIT: And Paul, man, Guile does suck! :P
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

EXP: 3,000, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 2,000
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,000
    GP

Name
    Sylvan
    Race
    ?
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6"0' / 170
    Job
    Wanderer

Hmmm. You know I'd never really looked into Akashima very much, for the simple fact that it was to Asian-like for my character.

So what if Akashima has something specific that would require people to come to the region. While I am not keen on thinking that Akashima should have a Japanese-Like culture instead of an oriental-based one, what region on Althanas isn't based out of something that already exists? Most of Althana's is sort of Euro-Steampunkish-Victorian. Atleast it is a setting we can relate to the Northern European cities with some Anglo Saxon influences - at least the human lands. But even then I still feel the culture is pretty similar in the Elven ones.

While I don't think Akashima shouldn't have any samurai or ronin or any asian-swordsman denomination I don't see why it shouldn't have its own brand of swordsmanship that could be similar to that of Asian cultures. It could be a place where people could go strengthen their swordsmanship without having to look for long. Like... swordsman heaven.
    Last edited by Melancor; 11-17-10 at 06:08 PM.

The wicked arrogantly hunt down the weak.
    Let them be caught in the evil they plan for others.
    Lord, make them feel true terror,
    Let them remember that they are naught but men.

Throbbing Member
    EXP: 101,041, Level: 13
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next level: 2,959
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,959
    GP

Name
    Godhand Striker
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Prematurely Gray
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    6'2"/205lbs
    Job
    Wine collector

Althanas staff aren't malicious so much as rabidly incompetent. Letho in particular is the worst; I'm pretty sure him running the Realm of Greeting like he does kills nearly all of what little influx of new members we get. We've fought him on it and I think I've even applied for RoG mod once or twice but he's in with the people that matter slash nobody with a track record less monstrous than mine who's active is willing to take the job so it stays like it is, meanwhile they're all giddy about althanas 2.0 "Oh my god, it's going to be so awesome, just you wait!" but this is the exact same sort of gimmick the FQ and that multi-site tournament were. We need to focus on bringing people in and then KEEPING THEM, not warding them off at the gate with no wings, no magic, 1.5 speed, final destination. But again, it's me saying this so who cares, I'm trolling, so on and etc.

As for Akashima, I always thought of it less as Japan and more like Asia. I did a quest there once based on those old Spaghetti Easterns from Golden Harvest and I totally ignored that Nip shit and just focused on Chinese stuff. Pretty fun. It has HUGE potential as a region simply because people on the internet are huge nerds/race traitors who hate being baka gaijin roundeye and want to play in japan and eat their goten in their gohan while drinking sake and eating sushi, uhh...Ramen kawaii sugoii uguu. IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY JAPANESE! Making it it's own region with subforums for Chinaeraia and Japanasanth or whatever would be cool, and yeah I know what you're gonna say, "It's an original creation stop acting like it's japan or china nag nag nag" but you know EXACTLY what it is, don't play that game. Anyway, weeaboos don't want to write in kinda-sorta-maybe-if-you-squint fantasy japan. They want to play in fantasy japan, full stop. You may not like it, but you better learn to love it, because those are the sort of people we're going to have to be forced to at least partly cater to if we want to keep new blood flowing in instead of seeing the same eight people on the who's online list at all times.

They might be terrible and annoying at first, but none of us started out great. In the best of cases we were shaped into who we are now by the elite writers that were here when we were starting out. For me it was Treslizn, Sorjax, Ashiakin back when his username was I Hate My Parents or whatever, Hell basically all of the Holy Three (Leopold, Ashiakin and Sighter), Thoracis and the rest of the great ones. Those are big shoes to fill and obviously none of us measure up in my estimation, but it's us or nothing so we at least have to try.
    "I almost shook his hand but then I remembered I killed a man."
    -Camus, The Stranger

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
    -Denis Diderot

"But I can smile...And I can smile while I kill..."
    -King Ricardo

"I know this is going to sound like a joke but I am deadly serious: I didn't know it was jubilee week."
    -Johnny Rotten

Meet Mr. Man/My Inventory/Almost Great

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
    They might be terrible and annoying at first, but none of us started out great. In the best of cases we were shaped into who we are now by the elite writers that were here when we were starting out. For me it was Treslizn, Sorjax, Ashiakin back when his username was I Hate My Parents or whatever, Hell basically all of the Holy Three (Leopold, Ashiakin and Sighter), Thoracis and the rest of the great ones. Those are big shoes to fill and obviously none of us measure up in my estimation, but it's us or nothing so we at least have to try.
    I'm just going out on a limb to say, a lot of our problems came from Madison pushing his agenda to the breaking point on this site. most of the changes implemented in the recent years was part of Madison's doing.

He may have been an okay admin, but he was not wearing the white suit you put him in.

The FQ? Madison.

Salvar's Inclusion? Ashiakin.

The bazaar? Dirks, one of the couple he had.

Cross Site Plan? Christoph, Dirks, and Santhalas. A little of me too. I trusted that people knew what they were doing a bit too much.

Hush Puppy and the controversy that followed? Leopold. Chumley too. Do I even need to go on? Don't doll them up as perfect, anyone ont he staff can tell you they were anything but. Frank was a hothead with a holier than thou attitude. Madison was a stubborn git who had to do his own research to prove I was right about reincarnation. Ashiakin never effected policy because he often was seen supporting others, rather than doing his own thing, to the point that the joke was Ashiakin was a second account for Madison.
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

EXP: 58,871, Level: 10
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 6,129
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,129
    GP

Name
    Dan Lagh'ratham
    Race
    Rock guy
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Ice Blue/Gray
    Build
    6'4"/215lbs
    Job
    Slayer

You know, honestly, in Leopold's defense, he was trolling, and he was doing it perfectly, since everyone got their panties in a twist. Frank was not afraid to make fun of anyone's tired shit and I do believe that is a freedom that we all enjoy. We're all guilty of making our own parodies and shit.

And I guess I'm a race traitor since I'll be one of the ones posting in Akashima for that month and a half ultimatum. Me rikey ricey.
    Bastards never die.

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer of the Rot View Post
    You know, honestly, in Leopold's defense, he was trolling, and he was doing it perfectly, since everyone got their panties in a twist. Frank was not afraid to make fun of anyone's tired shit and I do believe that is a freedom that we all enjoy. We're all guilty of making our own parodies and shit.

And I guess I'm a race traitor since I'll be one of the ones posting in Akashima for that month and a half ultimatum. Me rikey ricey.
    Frank crossed the line several times to the point of being an obsessive homogay.

He was a bad troll, he just tried to play it off like he was a good one.
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

Throbbing Member
    EXP: 101,041, Level: 13
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next level: 2,959
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,959
    GP

Name
    Godhand Striker
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Prematurely Gray
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    6'2"/205lbs
    Job
    Wine collector

I was talking about them as writers, not policy makers, but whatever, I'll swing at anything:

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Bushido View Post
    The FQ? Madison.
    Could have been great if the execution hadn't been fucked up. The FQ was pretty awesome at the start. But it is Madison's fault in the sense that he left so fuck him on this, I agree.

Salvar's Inclusion? Ashiakin.
    I have no strong feelings about this one way or the other.

The bazaar? Dirks, one of the couple he had.
    Okay.

Cross Site Plan? Christoph, Dirks, and Santhalas. A little of me too. I trusted that people knew what they were doing a bit too much.
    This was a massive fuckup but the bare bones of it was a good idea so don't beat yourself up too much. It was the execution, like always, that was phenomenally bad.

Hush Puppy and the controversy that followed? Leopold.
    I don't know what that is.

Chumley too.
    Are you fucking serious? People bitched about Chumley? While funny, Chumley was such a milquetoast neutered poke-fun-at-yourself all-in-good-fun TOOTHLESS fucking parody that if anybody takes themselves so seriously that they honestly got offended at it then I really and truly wish them fucking ill.

Do I even need to go on?
    Yeah, you kind of do.

Don't doll them up as perfect, anyone ont he staff can tell you they were anything but. Frank was a hothead with a holier than thou attitude.
    Frank WAS holier than thou! He was the best writer in Althanas history! We're fucking gibbons compared to him!

Madison was a stubborn git who had to do his own research to prove I was right about reincarnation.
    God forbid someone independently make sure of something before shitting up the site with untested, unverified, un-vetted bullshit.

Ashiakin never effected policy because he often was seen supporting others, rather than doing his own thing, to the point that the joke was Ashiakin was a second account for Madison.
    That's unfortunate but not everyone needs to be a fucking superstar, making huge sweeping changes and exposing his ass twenty four hours a day because he's afraid if he doesn't share his dumbass idea it'll curdle inside his brain. Sometimes it's enough to just take care of the region you're assigned to. Although whether Ash even did that is another question. At the very least he never fucked shit up so he's still high, high up in my esteem.
    Last edited by Godhand; 11-18-10 at 04:00 PM.
    "I almost shook his hand but then I remembered I killed a man."
    -Camus, The Stranger

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
    -Denis Diderot

"But I can smile...And I can smile while I kill..."
    -King Ricardo

"I know this is going to sound like a joke but I am deadly serious: I didn't know it was jubilee week."
    -Johnny Rotten

Meet Mr. Man/My Inventory/Almost Great

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    Cross site plan? No, that was Dirks.

I convinced Santh not to go through with it.

Oh, you meant the ToC. Yeah, that was my bad too.
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949

EXP: 58,871, Level: 10
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 6,129
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,129
    GP

Name
    Dan Lagh'ratham
    Race
    Rock guy
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Ice Blue/Gray
    Build
    6'4"/215lbs
    Job
    Slayer

Anyway how about let's stop giving each other enemas and biting out throats because we're all soulless stupid assholes that fuck up everything we do.

And kind of get back to the topic at hand.
    Bastards never die.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast