Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timeline Q/A and additions to canon.

EXP: 71,445, Level: 10
    Level completed: 54%, EXP required for next level: 5,555
    Level completed: 54%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,555
    GP

Name
    Taydrius "Yari" Rafanas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    ~5'10 / 140 lbs
    Job
    King of Thieves

Much like Duffy, I didn't want to mention my own adventures as canon. However, Rogue Requiem was the quest where Yari united Concordia (with the BB at the front) and conquered the Mindless (undead-esque, sure), the underground threat that Concordia had been facing since Tanthanas. It was a large scale battle with all factions involved, but admittedly only posted by myself a few select BB members, and the thread where Yari died and passed leadership of the BB to Gild Sorrain. Judges Choice though, if I remember.

To clarify, there wasn't a content mod for Corone at all during that time, so I was doing whatever I wanted with Concordia. I can understand it not being official
    Sketches

I choose to live and to lie. Kill and give and to die.

War in Corone:
    *A Name With No Weight*
    *A Scarlet Mystery*

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    Oh, another thing that popped into mind (Damn my ego)

The Yellow Lilly Rebellion, half of the active posters of Althanas united in order to stop an uprising of the Corone government by radical extremists. It didn't make JC, but EVERYBODY here who was there seemed to remember it, despite the fact I didn't.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

EXP: 107,947, Level: 14
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next level: 11,053
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next level: 11,053
    GP

Name
    Rayse Valentino
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'10 / Athletic
    Job
    Independent Contractor and Arms Dealer

At the end of the seventeenth century, within the past 15 years, new leaders and new ideas emerged within Alerar. A former General takes control of the military and under him come the rising figure of Thoracis, a former drifter who quickly rose through the ranks of The Grand Army. Confident in the new General’s abilities to lead the battle, his strategies, as well as his prowess in battle, the new King sends the forces towards the Mountains of Dusk. As they march, a familiar belonging to a Raiaeran student of magic, is sent to summon an old friend. On its way, it see’s the approaching army and immediately returns to Devon dan Sabriel and gives word to him as well as the renown bard Findelfin ap Fingolfin. The battle between Devon Starslayer and Thoracis results in the leader of both armies clashing over a major city. After a mortal wound, possibly killing Thoracis, the Alerar army is leaderless and a tactical retreat is called for as the Tel Aglarim harries them back to the Mountains of Dawn.

After the crushing defeat, the confidence in the leadership of Thoracis is diminished, and the death of the Queen leaves the throne empty. Almost immediately the crown passes to a distance cousin of the Queen, King Edari’axa. With his rise to supreme power, he quickly allows his advisor and the wealth that he has at his command to continue development of weapons, armor, and technology. “Airships” are first mentioned being spotted above the Alerar lands only years ago, a new advancement that is not only a surprise but also intimidating. However, The Grand Army is disbanded, leaving countless mercenaries scattered across the land if the men did not join the newly established Kyorl, a cutthroat militia. This militia is one of many para-military forces after a few years, including remnants of the Grand Army, the Rangir, the Resistance, and the shadowy group known as The Banishment.
    Something about this isn't right. I don't know what happened first, but The Grand Army destroyed The Purifiers and their HQ The Dome of Purity. If he lost somehow, it happened after that. Not only that, but there was an event in which Devon killed Xem'zund, who attempted to rise up, but didn't quite finish him off. It may have happened before that. Also, the 'old friend' was Kylin Rouge in the previous timeline. The fact that he never got the message explains why he was the only surviving Purifier, or at least the only one who didn't leave the organization over the defeat.

There's a plot where The Purifiers were involved in the slave rebellions of Alerar, but I'm not sure it's relevant enough for the timeline.

As for Denebriel, she was finally killed by Caden Law, Rayse Valentino, and Teric Bloodrose. Nobody outside those three know what transpired in her monastery, though. Caden Law in particular managed to go toe-to-toe with her due to him tapping into the same power that the other Forgotten Ones have access to. I'd say he's become one of them, even though for now he appears to be benevolent.

Speaking of Caden Law, I think he transmuted an entire city in Raiaera and did some other stuff there. If you're gonna give the guy JC after JC for his solos you might as well immortalize him as 'the wizard who did it'.

Of course, the biggest problems are the lack of aftermath for the latest bit of timeline. You know, that little thing I've been clamoring about... ending the FQ... you can't make people forget just by hiding it!

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Yari
    A pretty big event for Corone was the Bazaar Wars started by the Red Hand (Ithermoss) and Bandit Brotherhood (myself), where trade routes were locked down and the Bazaar no longer had its monopoly over trade. How that fits into Corone's overall history with Civil War, I am not sure, as it happened prior to a lot of that stuff with Civil War being fleshed out (Bluethanas.) If deemed appropriate I am sure the canon writers can squeeze it in.

Kudos to the parties involved in making this history. I like reading this one more than the previous version. Thanks Task.
    This has been added in regards to The Bazaar war :: Currently it is formatted for the wiki so that it is easier to add, I’ll also add it to the timeline.

In more recent years, just before the end of the Years of Strength, multiple groups of people banded together to form [[power groups | clans]]. These clans had the amalgam of many different abilities, strengths, weaknesses, and idea’s of the members to create a unified front and common interest in goals and ambitions. Of the most predominant clans and well known groups was the [[Red Hand (Gol’Bron) | Red Hand]] and the [[Bandit Brotherhood]], with interests within the borders of Corone. Much of what they are known for is self-interest turned socio-political gain, but they did not exist without benefit to the society of the island nation either.

The Bandit Brotherhood and the Red Hand joined together in a mutual attempt to alleviate the high levies of taxes and lower profits gained by the merchants and resource gatherers of Corone. This nearly coup d'état change in the atmosphere of Corone was induced by a mass war by the allied groups and the mercenaries that were paid to assist them. [[The Bazaar War]] was almost transcendental in nature, as it supplemented the strength of the two allied clans, and as a successful raid on the most populous and well known center of commerce on Althanas ([[The Bazaar]]) it allowed for the prerogative of the basis for war to be accomplished. The Red Hand locked down the trade routes of Corone, removing The Bazaar’s monopoly over economy. This tight control lasted until the power of the Red Hand diminished its presence and the political face of the island changed in lieu of the start of the Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrundir
    Okay, so regarding the Forgotten: which ones have been officially, canonically rubbed out? Just curious as to the status of them. The history mentions some but not others. I know it mentions Xem'Zund, and I think I read about Denebriel biting it somewhere, but that's the extent of my knowledge.
    Xem’Zund was killed by Godhand. St. Denebriel was killed by a few people. Those two are gone. The other ones have yet to surface, and as such are just remembered by what they created during The War of the Tap. If, in the future, there is a base of people large enough to do another FQ (this time with proper guidance and a watchful eye) then we may bring those ones back at some point depending on how they fit with the storyline of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy
    What happened to the Scara Brae timeline? Not to float my own boat or anything, but I won't submit The Sky Is Falling if it's not got a base to connect to, but it's not like Revenant needs any more power .
    Scara Brae is still there, just not a major country. As it was almost exclusively used as a training area, much like Underwood is currently, it’s history is not added into the overall timeline. However, on the wiki I will be adding countries like SB and Dheathain to the top of the description so that they aren’t completely forgotten or left out. No worries, Scara Brae has a timeline, it just doesn’t coincide and isn’t necessarily “important” for understanding the general timeline of Althanas due to it past uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Yari
    Much like Duffy, I didn't want to mention my own adventures as canon. However, Rogue Requiem was the quest where Yari united Concordia (with the BB at the front) and conquered the Mindless (undead-esque, sure), the underground threat that Concordia had been facing since Tanthanas. It was a large scale battle with all factions involved, but admittedly only posted by myself a few select BB members, and the thread where Yari died and passed leadership of the BB to Gild Sorrain. Judges Choice though, if I remember.
    Since that was pre-crash and isn’t around anymore, I can’t really read it. I remember it, but not those involved, and am not sure if the Mindless were something that are continentally canon related or something used more as a plot device for the BB itself… If it was something that was related to canon, to the point where it could be added as I did for The Bazaar War, then I’d need more detailed information about it and how it affected Corone itself and not just the BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayse
    Something about this isn't right. I don't know what happened first, but The Grand Army destroyed The Purifiers and their HQ The Dome of Purity. If he lost somehow, it happened after that. Not only that, but there was an event in which Devon killed Xem'zund, who attempted to rise up, but didn't quite finish him off. It may have happened before that. Also, the 'old friend' was Kylin Rouge in the previous timeline. The fact that he never got the message explains why he was the only surviving Purifier, or at least the only one who didn't leave the organization over the defeat.
    Due to the issues of Althanas, I am unable to review and explain past events clearly. Without the threads that the storylines evolved in, I can’t assimilate them into the timeline perfectly. However, in the original timeline that Zieg, Ashiakin, and others worked on there was no mention of the Purifiers at all. I was around when they existed, but that was before we went to .com Althanas and as such I don’t remember much of what the Purifiers did or how they affected canon. However, the original timeline created said that Thoracis actually died during the battle between him and Devon. So, in lieu of that, I instead put “possibly killing Thoracis” since he has posted with the character since then, which means to me that he didn’t die during that battle.

Devon killing Xem’Zund is extremely contrary to the entire FQ of Althanas, as well as anything that makes sense since… as much as I can tell… there is nothing in the history dedicated to the rise of Xem’Zund during that time. There is a small blurp about how he fought against Eluriand, Sighter helped, and Devon vanquished both Xem’Zund and Aesphestos in a battle. This doesn’t make sense, since it’s all of one sentence, so I was forced to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayse
    As for Denebriel, she was finally killed by Caden Law, Rayse Valentino, and Teric Bloodrose. Nobody outside those three know what transpired in her monastery, though. Caden Law in particular managed to go toe-to-toe with her due to him tapping into the same power that the other Forgotten Ones have access to. I'd say he's become one of them, even though for now he appears to be benevolent.

Speaking of Caden Law, I think he transmuted an entire city in Raiaera and did some other stuff there. If you're gonna give the guy JC after JC for his solos you might as well immortalize him as 'the wizard who did it'.
    I placed the generic form of this into the timeline due to the nature of the story itself. It is, indeed, something that is important to know… but the specifics of what happened are reserved for the individual history of Salvar. If I went into detail about every even that happened in each country, the narrative form of the timeline would be as long or longer than the original form… which is the opposite of what I was trying to do.

All of Caden’s Raiaera related threads are in another “put your canon threads here” area that was moved and I still have to review them in order to add them to the end of the timeline.

EI I’m working on reading that thread as soon as I can and figuring out how to incorporate it into the canon as well if it should be. I’ll post an update for it whenever I get a chance.

EXP: 107,947, Level: 14
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next level: 11,053
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next level: 11,053
    GP

Name
    Rayse Valentino
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'10 / Athletic
    Job
    Independent Contractor and Arms Dealer

If you want to take my old character, Kylin Rouge, out of the canon, that's fine. I can't stop you. The whole point of this site is to tell a story told by its characters, and generalizing it to the point of taking said characters out of the story seems like a pretty dick move to me.

As for the pre-crash stuff you can't read, I have no way of verifying it myself. If you want to go all revisionist on it, by all means, but it's contradictory to suggest other people's revisionist notions are not legitimate. I doubt it would change that much, and it's equally confusing to have a bunch of vague historical notes that will never get proper elaboration. But hey, I don't mind, as you never claimed you were going for consistency. Personally I'm gonna drop the matter after this post because pre-crash stuff gets us nowhere if people are willing to argue about it.

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    I'm not taking Kylin Rogue out of canon, but asking for more information. I didn't word it properly I guess. What did the Purifier's do? How did they affect canon? What was their involvement either in Alerar, Raiaera, before or after the skirmish between Thoracis and Devon? That's the type of info that I need in order to add it to canon. If you notice I didn't add The Facade to canon either because information regarding what they did that affected canon wasn't provided. Same goes with the mindless and the BB, or even The Ice Reavers involvement with canon. It's not just you, I'm trying to find out the info to add it... not ignoring the fact that something happened and I don't want to add it because a specific person is in it.

EXP: 7,821, Level: 3
    Level completed: 71%, EXP required for next level: 1,179
    Level completed: 71%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,179
    GP

Name
    Vespasian Villeneuve
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'10 / 140 lbs
    Job
    Covert Operative

Is there still someone here to change the timeline? If so then I have something I'd like to add. It's completely legit but I don't want to waste my time if no one's going to add it.
    The Villeneuve Family
    Vespasian - PC, Lv. 1, Lv. 2 ...THE BABY!
    Maelle Eldest Sister
    Ludivine Middle Sister
    Esme Father

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12