Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Dark Blue
    Build
    6'2"/210lbs.
    Job
    Professional Vagabond

Let's Do Drugs

I haven't really looked into it much around the forums yet, but only because I figured this was such a trivial manner that it wouldn't even necessarily ever be officially mentioned in any permanent information threads. But, anyway, do the people of Althanas have any special alias for Cocaine (or any other drug that we commonly know of), or would that be something left to me, the writer? Do they even exist?

On that same note, would there be any sort of prohibition of the use of such things, or would it just be greatly frowned upon? Or maybe it's, yet again, left to me to decide?

In an effort to support 016573's idea, here a sort of drug reference and their effects (save for the common drugs most people should know of) for others based on what I've heard:

Mind Dust (similar to cocaine).

Cigarettes.

"Radasanthian Reefer" (marijuana).

Tobacco and pipe smoking.

Lawrence Spades. A man, rather than an ingested chemical. Presence alone induces a sense of absolute joy and euphoria, addictive.

Skrit. Mixed chemicals that the user snorts, doubling their strength and numbing the body from pain. Brief, incredibly addictive, and induces minor hallucinations.

Spatsy. Snorted like Skrit. An even more potent hallucinogen that enables the user to move faster, their adrenaline making it seem as if time was going slower. Lasts even more briefly than Skrit, and addictive, but not as addictive.

Glass. A glittery mix that has little to none known physical or psychological side effects. Addictive, and the ingredients to make it can only be found in Fallien.

Third Eye. A gummy substance that the user chews. A recently found drug that was otherwise never really known, with an addiction rate that varies with the individual. Of Akashiman origin, and illegal to the general public. To the common man it is an extreme hallucinogen that induces visions beyond normal comprehension, often times driving people mad depending on how much is used, though these visions only last a brief period of time. To those knowledgeable, Third Eye is mainly used by Akashiman Spirit Warders (in very small doses) to allow them to view the supernatural. One cannot forget what they see, save for severe cases of amnesia.

Belladonna. An herb that the user smokes. Belladonna is a severe hallucinogenic toxin that can be used as both a medicine and a poison, depending on the user's intentions. A myriad of symptoms result from use of this, including blurred vision and loss of balance as well. Though due to the vivid hallucinations, varying with dosage, some people use this as a recreational drug.

Quick Silver. Comes in the form of cigarettes, mixed with a blend of four distinct ingredients: Ground root from a red wood tree that must be harvested on a full moon, red petals from an Akashiman Blue Rose, Black petals of a White Orchid Flower, and the new shoots of a petrified tree. It is not very addictive, however the result of smoking Quick Silver heightens the user's adrenaline in such an extreme fashion that it allows them to move twice as fast for a short period of time, and such an effect could be mentally addicting. The method for creating Quick Silver has ever been a mystery despite the ingredients being passed on easily. Most of the time the drug is simply pawned off in Bazaars.

If you have something you want to add for future reference, let me know. I figure it would add another dynamic to our role playing to see people and the characters they create using similar and commonly known drugs where applicable, rather than coming up with your own varieties for each scenario.
    Last edited by Macabre; 05-08-11 at 11:09 AM.

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    It's pretty much all up to you. But hey - let's turn this thread into a resource of Althanas' narcotics. Anyone used special substances in your threads? Post 'em here.

Personally I've only used earth-based drugs and just found obvious names for them... and one time I had an NPC sellin powdered sugar bearing a happiness charm or something.

The only region I know that has any official prohibition is Fallien, and they prohibit just about everything.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

EXP: 6,287, Level: 2
    Level completed: 33%, EXP required for next level: 2,713
    Level completed: 33%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,713
    GP

Name
    Ace Mandelo
    Race
    Hostis humani generis : You don't want to know.
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    Job
    Fighter/Champion/Your Mom's Hero

Law's body in both sweat and smell produces an addictive sense of euphoria. I haven't made the best use of the ability, yet, but in terms of service, Lawrence Spades is drugs. All the negative side effects might just be a product of getting to know him.
    Return the ill-verse to the anvil. ~ MEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Depending on who you place in the same situation, the characteristics of said incident change kaleidoscopically. In other words, there is one incident. However, there are as many stories explaining it as there are people involved in it.

— Gustav St. Germain

GP

Name
    Ravenok Kinnes
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Dark Blue
    Build
    6'2"/210lbs.
    Job
    Professional Vagabond

I like that!

I've made my character with a quaint addiction to a drug I've dubbed "Mind Dust", which has similar effects to cocaine though I did tweak some things. I'm sure some of you will know that Mind Dust isn't actually very original, but oh well.

EXP: 107,947, Level: 14
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next level: 11,053
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next level: 11,053
    GP

Name
    Rayse Valentino
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'10 / Athletic
    Job
    Independent Contractor and Arms Dealer

Rayse is addicted to cigarettes, not really what you would call a hard drug but there you go.

EXP: 71,445, Level: 10
    Level completed: 54%, EXP required for next level: 5,555
    Level completed: 54%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,555
    GP

Name
    Taydrius "Yari" Rafanas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    ~5'10 / 140 lbs
    Job
    King of Thieves

I've seen several profiles reference weed (or at least an Althanas equivalent.) but always by some silly weed name, like Radasanthian Reefer. That one's either from Kastira or Numbers guy.
    Sketches

I choose to live and to lie. Kill and give and to die.

War in Corone:
    *A Name With No Weight*
    *A Scarlet Mystery*

GP

Name
    Ravenok Kinnes
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Dark Blue
    Build
    6'2"/210lbs.
    Job
    Professional Vagabond

I took to editing my main post with stuff you guys have mentioned. I figured it was a cool enough idea.

GP

Name
    Archibald Butler
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Job
    Wizard of the Oakenbrim Order

Here you go ese. One of Manda's old characters (I think) that was a drug dealer.

Three drugs listed on the bottom of that profile.
    "What's up Fatlip."

EXP: 6,287, Level: 2
    Level completed: 33%, EXP required for next level: 2,713
    Level completed: 33%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,713
    GP

Name
    Ace Mandelo
    Race
    Hostis humani generis : You don't want to know.
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    Job
    Fighter/Champion/Your Mom's Hero

Seeing as I have every intention of situation Lawrence in something like an opium den, I'd like Lawrence Spades added to the list. Drugs are drugs, no matter how sentient they are.
    Return the ill-verse to the anvil. ~ MEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Depending on who you place in the same situation, the characteristics of said incident change kaleidoscopically. In other words, there is one incident. However, there are as many stories explaining it as there are people involved in it.

— Gustav St. Germain

GP

Name
    Ravenok Kinnes
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Dark Blue
    Build
    6'2"/210lbs.
    Job
    Professional Vagabond

Absolutely. Glad to see people willing to contribute.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast