Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job
    Technocrat Union Field Agent

On Duty (Open to other Workers)

“You're hired, Rhiannon. We're looking forward to having you here with us in the Underwood Patrol. If you have any friends with a good set of arms and a good head on their shoulders, bring them on out. We're really hurting for people right now due to the whole mess with Corone. They shipped a ton of my favorite men off to battle. If you're ever interested in enlisting-”

Rhiannon smiled, her eyes not leaving the officer's broad figure. “Well, Officer Roland, that would sure be asking a lot of a foreigner, now wouldn't it?” she questioned playfully. How else was she going to have a good reputation and insure to get the job? She needed to make a living in this world more than he knew.

The officer chuckled, nodding his head slightly as he crossed his arms. “Haha, you're quite the bright girl. Your patrol will be starting in a few hours, so I'd advise you get rested. There will be a couple new recruits like you tonight, so do your best to follow the rules and regulations. Most of all, be careful. You never know when this place could get a little crazy. Once in awhile something will make its way out of the forest, but other than that...bah you got nothing to worry about.”

Rhiannon smiled as she gave the man a thumbs up. Hard telling if such a physical expression were the same here as they were back in home. If not, the chances are he wouldn't know what it meant anyways. “You can count on me. I won't let you down, Mr. Roland.”

As Rhiannon turned to walk away to the inn she rented for the night, the officer cleared his throat slightly, which gave her the impression to stop a moment. “Yes?”

“Don't forget about our drink tomorrow night after your watch. I can tell you anything you wish to know about our home here in Underwood. What was it you said ya were from again? Alaska?” Roland asked, his fingers combing through his black beard.

The women couldn't help but shake her head. Men. They truly were all the same. It didn't matter what world she was in. “No worries. How could I forget a drink with such a strong and chivalrous man? Now if you don't mind, Officer Roland, I have important business to tend to.”

“Of course. Be sure to report in with the higher ranks before and after your shift. I'll be looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
    "The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle."

EXP: 700, Level: 1
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next level: 1,300
    Level completed: 35%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,300
    GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job

Laying down softly in her bed, Rhiannon closed her eyes, taking in a big wiff of air. The pleasant smells of fresh flowers outside her window helped her relax as she placed her hands behind her head. Since there were a few more hours until nightfall, the woman figured she'd take this free time to relax. Rhiannon couldn't remember the last time she got to enjoy a comforting, feathered bed. This totally had the logs, mud, and rocks beat by a long shot.

While she remained there with her eyes closed, she let her other senses take over. Beyond the flowers were the smell of the horses, tied to their posts. And from her door was the smell of the kitchen downstairs in the inn. The cooks were making a fresh stew over the fire. In the distance, pass all the hooves of horses and clanks of armored feet, children were at play, giggling and laughing. A smile fell on Rhiannon's lips. For once. There was peace. If it wasn't for her abnormally keen senses, Rhiannon wasn't sure if her sanity would be so sane if she were to live life without it. There were so many things she could experience with her powers, and to think that knew abilities could come at anytime. Was there anymore to her than what she already was?

Ignoring her thoughtful questions for now, she simply enjoyed herself. Didn't think about work, the Union, or the portal and Lazzo for that matter. Too much of that little man could drive about anyone insane. And she meant anyone. A slight laugh still escaped her lips thinking about it. Despite his rude, arrogant behavior, Lazzo was a funny man.. Gnome.. Kuh-Knome. Hah, she remembered that episode. Well, so much for not thinking about Lazzo...

Sighing, her eyelashes opened softly, blue orbs glancing around the room. She didn't want to get too comfortable before work, so she got up and headed for the window. The wind pressed at her blonde hair, blowing it back politely, giving it a artistic sway as she watched the town under her. So, this would be the small town she would swear to protect for the time being? It honestly didn't seem all that bad. Most of the people seemed pretty friendly around here, but then again, she didn't really speak to anyone other than Roland. Hard telling if they'd take kindly to an outsider. Her accent was far off from theirs. An Alaskan accent... Who would of guessed? Everything was still so much different to her. This world, Althanas, was so mysterious.

GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job

Rhiannon was just finished putting on her light chain mail when the door knocked three times. Her eyes glanced over her shoulder at the large oak door, knowing that it was one of the town guards. “Come in.” she said aloud.

With a loud creek, the door opened passively as a man suited in armor looked at her, nodding in respect. “We're gathering the next patrol shift. You're to meet down in the armory to receive your sword.”

“Sword?” Rhiannon questioned, her golden eyebrow rising as her hands plopped her iron helmet over her cranium. The woman was never trained or ever asked to use a sword before. All along she thought she'd be using her own weapon. It was her own fault for assuming things she guessed. “Right, a sword. I'll defiantly be needing that. I'll be down in just a moment.”

After giving her boots a proper tightening, Rhiannon made her way down into the armory, receiving her sword. The armory manager informed her bluntly that she is to bring all weapons and armor immediately after her shift. “Igh, sir. I'll have your armor and weapon returned to you immediately. Where will I be patrolling, would you have such information?”

The manager rolled his eyes, pointing a boney finger to the board across the room. “You'll find everything you need there. Didn't your officer inform you of anything about this line of work?”

“Of course,” Rhiannon assured, blinking slightly, “It slipped my mind is all.” This whole plot of her trying to act like she knew everything about Underwood was becoming an act of failure. No matter how hard she tried to understand the place, she just wasn't comprehending everything in one sitting. The wall had her name written under the west side of the village. Taking in a breath, she held her breast high and stepped out the door. First night of work here we go.
    Last edited by Rhiannon; 05-17-11 at 08:41 PM.

GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job

The night was a festival of wild music as the crickets sang their choirs under the shining moon. The West side of the village was empty, only a few torches here and there left to light the common roads for the night patrol. The night air was fresh and Rhiannon couldn't help but take in a big breath, slowly letting the air escape her lungs powerfully. What a pleasant night.

Clich clich clich clich.

The sounds of the woman's boots clanked against the dirt surface as blue orbs glanced from alleyway to alleyway, her hand resting gently on her sword. Sword. How odd it felt to even have one attached at her hip. Not only did all this armor and weapons make her feel unproportionate, but it also made her feel slightly off balance. If she could have her way, she'd simply lose all of this cumbersome metal and move freely without it. In honesty, her acts of combat would be much more proficient this way.

Clich clich clich clich.

Suddenly the rhythm of her footsteps came to an immediate halt, her ears perking as she heard a light whimper in the distance. By the sounds of it, the voice was that of a little girl, no older than twelve years old. The voice was a distance away, but as Rhiannon neared, it led her to a dark alleyway. Holding her torch up, her eyes squinted as the torch light revealed a little girl, hands holding her face as she remained on her knees crying. Rhiannon cleared her throat softly before she called out to her. “Little girl, is everything alright? Curfew has passed and you are not to be outside of your home.”

The little girl sniffed, looking up at the soldier through her long locks of her. Her lip quivered as more tears ran down her face, shaking her head in objection. “I can't go home until I find Massy. She ran away and I can't find her...”

“Massy?” Rhiannon asked, taking a few more steps toward the girl, “Who is Massy? Has one of your siblings gone missing?”

Shaking her head, the little girl answered. “No, Massy is my dog. She heard a noise and ran out the window...” Overwhelmed, the girl covered her face again, wheeping.

A soft heart struck Rhiannon and she felt her gut tighten. Looking around, her eyes fell back on the girl. “Alright. I'll find your dog, but you're to go right home and I'll return her to you. In what direction did she flee from your house?”

“T-that way.”

Clich clich clich.

The alleyway was long and dark. Walls around here only grew taller as she walked deeper, her footsteps echoing through the emptiness of the alleyway. There was no sound of the dog at all, and the alley only led to a dead end. “Are you sure she-” Gone. “Little girl?”

“Behind you.” answered a voice that most defiantly did not belong to a little girl.

Shocked, Rhiannon swung around, unsheathing her sword to see a seven foot tall demonic figure. Its red eyes glared at her as sharp fangs smiled at her grimly. Taking a step back, Rhiannon put herself into a defensive stance. This was bad. This was very bad. What was this thing? No time to think, she had to act.

GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job

With a strong will and determined face, Rhiannon clonked in heavily, bringing up her sword to smite this wicked creature. To her horror, the monster simply snatched it like a stick, holding the woman a few feet in the air so they could see face to face. "Foolish woman, do you really think you stand a chance against me? I've killed many like you before, but you, oh you... look scrumptious."

A long, drippy tongue rolled out of the creature's mouth, slopping all around Rhiannon's face. Of course she screamed in disgust, falling to the floor from letting go of the sword. Getting up as fast as she possibly could, stumbled to her feet, clenching her teeth tightly in rage. "What's wrong, sweetheart? A little too much tongue on the first date?"

Rhiannon knew there were no other guards around her. She had to fight this thing to survive. By the looks of him, he moved far too fast, which took running out of the question. The monster moved in fast, too fast, lifting Rhiannon off her feet. "Enough of small talk, lets get on with our meal shall we?" The monster opened up its jaws, wider making it very abstract to the rest of his body.

...No, not today.

What would Clint Eastwood do?

Narrowing her eyes, she grabbed her elecrto baton, igniting it.

You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?

Slamming the electric powered baton down the creature's throat, it screamed in great agony as electricity pulsed through his skull violently. He immediately threw Rhiannon against the wall as he choked, falling to his knees, his hands choking himself. Slamming his fist down, her cursed. "Y-you stupid bitch! I'll will devour your corpse and leave your rotting organs for the rats!"

The power of this creature was tremendous. Whatever wind was left in her chest was completely knocked out, leaving her gasping for air as she remained against the wall on her ass. Unfortunately during this whole act she lost her baton. She thought for sure that last attempt would kill the creature. Wrong. Horribly wrong. The creature stood over her and gasping, Rhiannon closed her eyes. This was it. Blood splattered everywhere and a loud roaring scream lit up the town.
    Last edited by Rhiannon; 05-20-11 at 06:07 PM.

GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job

Roland lifted his sword, pressing its sharp edge through the creatures body. The man's strength had enabled him to make the thing into two sections. Arteries rained blood, making Rhiannon an even bigger mess than she already was. An attack from the back. Rhiannon was very surprised, she too never noticed where Roland came from. It was as if he appeared out of thin air.

“Are you alright, Rhiannon?” Roland asked, kneeling down in front of her. “I came just in time. Akunas are not creatures to be reckoned with. Luckily, there was one. These creatures tend to come in packs.”

Rhiannon let out a soft moan as her Head Officer lifted her onto her feet. “Yeah, I just took quite the hit against the wall.. took the wind right out of me..” Already feeling bruising, the woman rolled her shoulders, great discomfort written on her face. “You saved my life, I'm in your debt. If it wasn't for this heavy armor I would of-”

“That armor saved your life, Orris. If that creature would of threw you against the walls without it.. well.. well I'd be cleaning your brains off the walls instead of the blood of this blasted Akuna.” There it was again. Roland's serious face. “Now let's get you back to the head quarters. You're probably going to need a few bandages. Tomorrow you're going to be getting up early in the morning. Soon as the sun rises..”

“Why is that?” Rhiannon groaned as she limped her way to her baton, scowling slightly at the dead Akuna under her feet. Its blood was as thick as tar. Nearly dark as it too. “Picking up a morning shift?”

Roland had his arms crossed, his thick dark eyebrows still serious, but not angry. His tone was a bit stern though. “I'm teaching you how to swing a damn sword, that's what. You handled it as well as a six year old child. I saved you this time, Orris. I may not be there next time. Now take your sword and don't drop it..” Okay, so maybe he was a little angry.
    Last edited by Rhiannon; 05-21-11 at 05:16 AM.

GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job

The warmth of her bath immediately brought relaxation as she closed her eyes, letting out a small sigh of relief. Luckily for her, she only had minor damage. Just a few bruises along her ribs, which would heal over night. Roland was right about the armor though, it probably saved her. Her mind splitting headache would be a mind split skull. That, if fact, would not heal.

Roland had bought her this bath out of his own pocket. Shes only known the man for a very short period of time and she already owes him so much. Rhiannon was used to saving lives, not the one being saved. It was like she had to start all over again. Work her way to the top like she had with the Technocrats... Why were they taking so long to contact her? Had they lost hope, given up? “Damn it, Hoss... Where are you? I'm still alive...”

Althanas sucks. Absolutely sucks. Ringing out her blonde locks of beauty like a rag, Rhiannon stepped out of the bath, snatching a towel. A shower sure as hell would have been a lot better. The woman couldn't remember the last time she had actually taken a bath. Then again, it was soothing. But still. She was used to showers, tv, radios, and metal music. Suddenly she found herself missing the 10 o'clock news rambling about political lies. The woman hated the news. ..Ren and Stimpy... oh, Ren and Stimpy...

With a towel wrapped around her, she silently took her clothes and headed upstairs to her room. Walking into the hallway, two patrol guards looked at her dumfounded as she walked by, her cheeks getting fed with colorful shades. “Damn it. Sorry guys.”

They didn't mind at all. They helped themselves to stretching out their necks to have a second look.

“Wow, did you see that? New recruit sure has it going for her.”

“I'd ravage that ass.”

“Uhm, wow.”

“What?”

“....That's gross man.”

Rhiannon rolled her eyes as her door came to a slam. Sometimes... Sometimes Rhiannon hated her keen senses. She couldn't control her powers of perception. At times like that, she wish she had. Though her anger wasn't pinpointed at the two young males, it was this. This god forsaken world, time, whatever the hell it was.

Seeing that she was so flustered and pissed off, it was almost impossible to sleep right now. Not being this upset. One week. Its been one week and the Union hasn't showed up. It was hopeless. They weren't coming back. Shes stuck here..

Smash. Rhiannon's fist shot into the wall, hitting it like a cannon ball with a loud thud. The wall was much more sturdy than her fist, causing a rush of pain up her arm. She didn't care. Sniffling, Rhiannon pressed her forehead against the hard wood wall, a few tears running down her face. 'Quit it Rhiannon. Crying is only for the weak. You never cried when you were tortured and beatin. Why are you crying now?'

Was there any hope at all?
    Last edited by Rhiannon; 05-21-11 at 05:50 AM.

GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job

It only felt that Rhiannon slept a few moments before Roland's hand was pounding on her door. “Get up, Orris. We got some work to do. Its going to be just you and me today...”

Groaning, the woman stretched around in her bed, rubbing her eyes with a frown. She only had a few hours of sleep and by no means didn't want to get up, but by the sounds of it, Roland would break down the door if she didn't. “Yes, sir. I'll be out in a minute.”

Taking only a few minutes to arm herself and tie her hair back, she met Roland downstairs. His arms were crossed and a curious eyebrow rose when she approached. “You look a little rough, Orris. Did you have a rough night?”

“You could say that,” Rhiannon murmured. “So what's on the agenda for today?”

Roland's eyes smiled, almost grimly. “Today you'll be learning how to properly use that sword of yours. There may be a time where you have to fight an Akuna and I won't be there to help you. So grab a bite to eat and we'll get this show on the road.”

“Right,” Rhiannon nodded, giving the burly man half an attempt of a smile. It was just too early right now. Grabbing a small breakfast, seeing she didn't have to eat as much to receive her daily nutrient, met her head officer outside, and was immediately attacked. Luckly her keen senses heard the thunderous clanks of his feet, making her jump back as the sword made a dust cloud as it smacked against the earth.

Unsheathing her sword, Rhiannon glared at Roland as if he lost his mind. “What the hell are you doing!?”

“Training you. There can be an ambush at any time, and you always have to be on your toes. Now defend yourself by holding your sword out. No, its to close to your body, hold it out, like this.”

Rhiannon mimicked the man's technique, feeling slightly nervous about him attacking again. He was so powerful. She had to doubt in her mind he'd smite her with no problem.

EXP: 330, Level: 1
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 1,670
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,670
    GP

Name
    Rhelin the Bonehewer
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5ft 11in
    Job
    Tomb Robber

((Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I'm on a 24hr shift so i figured i would jump in.))

"What's your name?" A weathered old man asked the recruit.

"Rhelin," he replied simply. The scribe penned his name quickly before stopping to dip his fresh cut quil in the ink well.

"Surname?" He eyed Rhelin impatiently, answers never came soon enough.

Rhelin thought about it for a moment, if there's any question everyone should know, it's their surname. Feeling the implied pressure of not only the scribe, but also from the five or so hopeful applicants in line behind him, he hurried an answer.

"Gleamedsilver. Rhelin Gleamedsilver."

His answer was met with a skeptical frown. "I'm glad we don't ask whence came and whither traveling anymore," he scoffed. "Here is the contract, sign here, initial here and there. Go to the quartermaster's office, then report to the sergeant on duty. He'll get you right."

Rhelin did as instructed, and Rhelin was glad of the lack of ceremony, a few signatures, or Xs for the illiterate as was common, and a quick oath. With that handful of easy steps, Rhelin was now a member of the watch of underwood. A rabble of untrained citizen-soldiers, ex criminals, and a few hard nosed veterans that made of the backbone, it was intended to fill in where the standing army could no longer be reasonably expected to in, the face of a civil war.

The quartermaster's office was next door, a squat warehouse where all of the basic issue equipment was kept and signed out. A line of newly-sworn men and women shuffled down a long counter, soldiers on the other side hurriedly issued all the items a fresh recruit may need. Armor, a sword, a shield bearing the colors of underwood, and a pack to carry everything else, together with a sleep roll.

"Always keep accountability of your equipment, if you lose any of it you'll pay for it," the supervisor warned.

Rhelin rolled his eyes, twenty minutes in and he's already annoyed. It was almost as clausterphobic as the small helmet they gave him. Weighted down like a pack mule, he was quickly ushered out of the backdoor into a small court yard, where sponsors sized up each one, they made their selections based on the needs of their units, or more often their own whims.

It didn't take long for a large man, an officer, to stop Rhelin and begin questioning him.

"You look like someone that can swing a sword...or use a shovel. Ever seen combat in the name of your master?"

Rhelin's free hand balled instinctively into a fist. Of all the things this pale face could say to him, it had to be based on the assumption that he was once owned. A common, though infuriating misconception based on nothing more than the tone of his flesh.

He calmed himself before answering, "I've seen some fighting on my own accord and for my own reasons, " he cut off the officer's next question and continued. "I'm not a freed man, because i've never been an owned man. If you want to see how well I can fight, keep why not ask how my mothers doing, since you can't accost me on being a slave? "

Rhelin stopped himself, but the anger flowering in his eyes surely exposed the fact that he could have kept going. Insubordination wasn't to be feared, but peehaps he had gone too far. The officer regarded him for a moment and laughed heartily, slapping Rhelin on the shoulder, causing him to shuffle so he didn't drop his equipment.

"I see I don't have to ask you anything else. Welcome to the unit! Come, follow me to your quarters. They aren't much, but damnit it's a roof, whether it's over your head or falling around your ears!"
    Current Roleplay: Blackwood Lumber Co.

GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job

(I don't mind at all actually. Keeps me on my feet. Welcome. Heads up your computer posted your post twice.)

“Good, that will do for today, Orris. Go take lunch at the quarters. You're doing well, but there is much work to be done in little time.” Roland instructed, looking over Rhiannon's shoulder. “Looks like we have some new recruits for the Underwood patrol, so its probably to my best interest to give them a more warming welcome than your fellow brothers will.”

How could that man speak so passively as Rhiannon remained on all fours, breathing heavy as sweat ran down her nose, soaking into the dusty soil below her? He was crazy, and her eyes would express it all the more to him. Its been awhile since she had a rough workout training like this, and Roland hardly broke a sweat. She was starting to realize there may be more to him than she may know...

With a smile, the burly man headed into the quarter, eying the few new recruits as they passed. Rhiannon, on the other hand, huffed and puffed a few more times before she brought herself to her feet, following to the quarters. She needed... rest.

The oak door opened as she stumbled in, immediately tripping over a bag that most defiantly wasn't there when she left in the morning. “What the-” she questioned as she looked at the same recruitment bag she had received a few days ago. There must have been some kind of mistake. Standing, she kicked the bag a little so it wasn't right in the door way. “Uhm, I think there might be some kind of mistake here..” The woman's voice spoke out to who'd she soon find was a new recruit by the name Rheln.

Before the poor confused man would have much time to explain, she just shook her head, her arms crossed. Right now her attitude was very biased and short due to the hard course brought upon her by her head officer. “No no. You got the wrong room here. You're in my room..If you don't mind.... leave.”
    Last edited by Rhiannon; 05-30-11 at 01:49 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast