Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5ft 11in
    Job
    Tomb Robber

((Thank you, if I need to revise anything just let me know.))

"...You're in my room...If you don't mind.... leave.” The woman looked annoyed, and her insistence upon Rhelin leaving was imperious, especially in the way that she stood with her arms folded like someone of importance. Perhaps that's why he made no move to acquiesce in the face of her demands, that and she made no attempt at saying please, or allow him to get a word in edge-wise.

A simple please goes a long way.

In truth, he didn't feel like debating, nor did he feel like leaving at that moment, it was getting late. The fact t hat she didn't say please really did bother him. So much so the at Rhelin could feel his own annoyed gestures filtering through the otherwise diplomatic expression on his ebony face.

"Listen, the e hour grows late, and it's going to be an early morning for both of us. We'll settle this tomorrow, I assure you, but for now all I want to do is sleep. I'll sleep on the floor."

He knelt down to grab his bag that apparently was in the way of her majesty's feet, not letting his eyes leave her in case she wished to challenge him, and she seemed the sort that would. Without any further word he tossed his bag next the wall furthest from the bed, fluffing it as best he could to serve as a pillow. Unfolding his bedroll, he took a moment to look over his shoulder at the woman, partially to gage her intentions, but also to disarm the tension that filled the room.

In a half-jokingly way, he smiled to her, "don't worry, you're not my flavor," he said, drawing attention to his skin tone by rubbing his wrist with a finger.
    Current Roleplay: Blackwood Lumber Co.

EXP: 700, Level: 1
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next level: 1,300
    Level completed: 35%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,300
    GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job
    Technocrat Union Field Agent

If eyes could shoot to kill, he'd surely be in her line of target at that moment. Uncrossing her arms she sighed, walking toward the window to witness the downfall of the sun. This was very aggravating having a man in her room, especially one who didn't seem to care the fact that he was invading her space.

“Not your flavor?” she asked, seeming somewhat insulted. “What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

Suddenly, to save the day, Roland poked his head into the door. His dark eyes looked from Rhiannon and then to Rhelin. “I heard you yelling from down the hall, and now I can see why.” he said nonchalantly, bringing it upon himself to come inside. By the looks on the woman's face, he knew that she was pretty upset for the most part. “There seems to be a mistake in our rooming situation here, obviously.”

Rhiannon nodded her head, looking down on the new man on his bedroll with a much calmer, collected look. “Yeah, I kind of went off. Apologies.”

Roland chuckled with kindness. “Haha, don't apologize to me dear Orris. I believe it belongs to the poor fellow on the floor. Anyways, I'll have this solved tomorrow. So try to make peace until then, you'll be on the same patrol. Its probably best that you introduce yourselves...” The burly man left with a grin. Things seemed to be solved here.

Rhiannon sighed again, her arms once again crossed. Once the sound of Roland's thunderous footsteps were gone, her gaze fell on the man before her. “Er, sorry...” Leaning back against the window, she enjoyed the small breeze that came into the room. “I didn't mean to go off on you like that. It was just very unexpected, really.”
    Last edited by Rhiannon; 05-30-11 at 03:57 PM.
    "The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle."

EXP: 330, Level: 1
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 1,670
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,670
    GP

Name
    Rhelin the Bonehewer
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5ft 11in
    Job
    Tomb Robber

“Not your flavor?” she asked, seeming somewhat insulted. “What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

Rhelin gritted his teeth, did he really need to explain himself? Perhaps he had taken it too far. However, appraising the woman's growing anger made him wonder if he didn't push it far enough. Before he could escelate the issue further, Roland opened the door and began saying his peace.

Rhelin was glad to see Roland come in when he had, it cut through the tension and perhaps defused a situation that could have easily became over-blown. Once he had settled the situation down like throwing a blanket over a canary's cage, Rhelin once again settled in, leaning against his over stuffed bag.

“I didn't mean to go off on you like that. It was just very unexpected, really," she said once she leaned back against the window, obviously looking at something far deeper than their little room.

Rhelin huffed, well, truly a sigh of relief. He felt the pang of guilt for being pretty rude to the woman, knowing that this was indeed her place first. He felt the need to apologize himself.

"It's fine, it truly is. It was fairly inconsiderate of me to make myself at home when it's not my home to make. I'll be out of here tomorrow, but until then, we should leave this worry behind us and get some rest."

With that, Rhelin drew his rough wool blanket around him, as he turned to his side facing away from the woman, he said aloud. "Orris, huh? Weird name," he chuckled "but I suppose Rhelin's a wierd one too. That's me by the way, pleased to meet you, Orris."

With that, he forced his eyes shut. He knew tomorrow would be a big day, as all first days on the job go. He put the whole altercation to the back of his mind, but the possibilities of the next day preoccupied his thoughts, until the dreaming came.

GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job

Rhiannon smiled, something of which would never be thought to come, occurred. “It sounds like an odd name because it is my last. Rhiannon is my first name, not that you really wish to know, but figured I'd inform you. Goodnight, Rhelin.” Now wasn't a good time or reason to take any of this to heart. All of it was just a misunderstanding.

Quietly and passively, she took off her armor, placing it aside. A small grunt escaped her lips as she rubbed her shoulder, which looked pretty well bruised. That Akuna had quite the impact when it had thrown her against the wall. Such power.. but it was becoming relevant that Roland shared nearly the same strength. People were much different in this world, much more powerful than your typical American. Althanas was a fantasy come true. A curse.

Cuddling herself in a blanket, she sat at the window cuddled up, letting the breeze posses control of her hair. Closing her eyes, she relaxed. It wasn't the window she took a fancy to every night, but the wind. It... was the only thing that reminded her of home. Even the stars here were much different than what you'd see on Earth. The night sky put Earth to shame with its twilight. So beautiful. Green eyes gazed up at it to have another look for herself. She wondered, were there constellations here, zodiacs?

Maybe Rhelin would know, but that would wait till tomorrow. Slipping out of the window and into her bed, she lightly closed her eyes, having no trouble to quickly fall asleep. Morning would come short, but only five hours passed before Rhiannon was awake, feeling far, far better than she had yesterday. This woman, thanks to the Technocratic Union, only needed five hours of sleep to be feeling one hundred percent ready to start her day with no flaws. Well, that was if she wasn't damaged from combat..

Rolling around, her eyes searched out to see if her new roommate for the night was still resting. Usually, she'd be the first to wake, but there was no telling how comfortable that hard wood floor would be for Rhelin...
    Last edited by Rhiannon; 05-31-11 at 02:49 AM.

GP

Name
    Rhelin the Bonehewer
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5ft 11in
    Job
    Tomb Robber

The morning came too quickly as it always seems to for the weary. The first hint of sunlight teased through the windowpane, just enough to rouse Rhelin from his bedroll.

He turned about to check on his roommate, whom still appeared to be resting, it was too dark still for him to see her blue eyes. "Rhiannon Orris" he mouthed, still trying to work her name off his tongue. Strange to him still, no matter how he tried to get used to it, but get used to it he would. After all, in spite of their auspicious start, she was the only person he knew, even if it was her tempter that he knew her by.

He lurched up and popped his back one way, then the other. He had slept as well as he always did, given that he was used to sleeping on floors, the ground, or on anything else that would allow him to lie down, he wasn't picky. There was more of a reason for him not taking the bed than he let on, other than attempting to be a gentleman throughout the ordeal. In fact, he rarely ever slept in beds, the memories of his dear mother prevented restful sleep - the world’s oldest profession left more than a broken home for Rhelin to contend with.

Rhelin pressed past those thoughts and refocused his efforts on more fruitful ends - getting ready for the day. He wasted no time in getting dressed, as quietly as he could so as not to bother Orris, donning his leggings, boots, and padded tunic. He'd forgo putting on the armor and messing with his sword belt, out of common courteously, at least until he was certain she was awake.

He slipped over to the basin and poured water into it and began shaving, tending to his shoulder-length dreads, and preparing his mind for whatever may come throughout the day. That is one thing Rhelin had learned, from being hidden away underneath his whore mother's creaking bed, to digging graves for a gold piece a day, or dealing with the tricks and traps of forgotten tombs - tomorrow was never a promise, each day was unique.

Checking over his shoulder one more time, he finally noticed that she was awake, and offered her his sincerest smile, even though it was awkward. "Good morning," he said "I'll soon be out of here so that you may dress as well. They'll be marshalling for the patrol soon. We best not be late."

After drying off his face and emptying the basin outside, he pulled his chain maille shirt over him, and the colors of Underwood over that. Securing his sword belt around his waist, he snatched up his shield and helmet, and was quickly out the door.

It was a warm morning, destined to be a sweltering afternoon, a fog had settled over the compound, but it didn't stifle the smell of charring wood and cooking ham. Breakfast, the most important meal of any warrior - Rhelin assumed. He still felt out of place in his uniform. He got in line at the mess, grabbing two bowls, one for Orris and another for himself. Once he had gotten their share of rations he'd return to offer her something of an olive branch, a peace offering. Even if it was only breakfast.

GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job

Rhiannon gave him a half smile as she rubbed her eyes a little bit, sitting up in her bed as she let out a couple yawns that's been waiting to escape. “Good morning, Rhelin.” She replied casually as her eyes took a gander around. She had to admit, she was surprised to see this dark man was awake before she. Perhaps the discomfort of the floor kept him tossing and turning all night, which lead to a dreadful start to the morning. He sure didn't seem dreadful. His smile was legit.

“Oh, yeah don't be too worried about that. Its fine, really. I may be a bitch at times, but I wouldn't be a woman if I wasn't.” she said with a slight chuckle, hoping to get a laugh out of him. “I like your hair by the way, I was always a fan of Bob Marley..”

“ Don' worre, bout ta thang, cuz every lil thang, is gonna be alrighta.” She sang to one of his tunes, practically butchering the attempt of a Jamaican accent. Yeah, she probably shouldn't ever do that. Again. “I used to listen to him a lot when I was a little girl.”

Rhiannon didn't mind about getting dressed in front of the man, she hadn't a change of clothes at the time, so only dressed into her armor all the same, readying herself for her next shift. She enjoyed the life as a patrolman, er patrol women, and found it a pretty stable life style. All sorts of different kind of people were picking up this job.

The woman followed Rhelin, being sure to be at his side as they got in line. To her surprise, Rhelin handed her a bowl of food. What a kind gesture. “Why thank you.” she said, smiling. “So you know, their food isn't half bad. Couldn't tell you what any of this stuff is though. You could say I'mmm..foreign. We'll go with that.”

GP

Name
    Rhelin the Bonehewer
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5ft 11in
    Job
    Tomb Robber

For the rest of the morning Rhelin contemplated the woman. It wasn't infatuation by any measure of the word, of that there was no doubt. So he didn't feel anything strange with the ease in which he spoke to her. No, if infatuation wasn't the word, curiosity would do.

It was that curiosity that drove him to wonder, Rhelin knew she was foreign, just like him. How foreign was the question, she seemed almost other worldly.

Rhelin quickly ate his bowl of, well in truth he didn't know what it was either. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, I don't think the cook knows what he made either," he smiled. He thought for a moment longer, rolling questions around in his mind like polishing stones.

"Rhiannon...who is that Bob Marlin fellow you spoke of before? Was he a bard or something?" He returned the bowl and began the short walk to the assembly area alongside his companion, if he could dare to think he had one. The patrol would be on its way soon.

GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job

Rhiannon let out a small laugh from Rhelin’s comment about the cooks. He was probably right; they probably didn’t know what they were making half the time. If she was correct on her guess, they probably just used whatever they had. Underwood wasn’t the richest of places on this Earth, well, world. “You’re probably right, haha.”

Dipping in a mouth full of the dish, she quickly spit a little bit out as it burnt her tongue. You would of thought the steam would have been a fair warning before she tried to devour the bowl’s content. Perhaps she was hungrier than she thought..

The woman remained silent as she ate, unsure of what to talk about with this man. Though silent, she felt comfortable around him. She guessed it was probably because he was foreign, meaning they had something in common. He kind of felt the way she did in a sense.

"Rhiannon...who is that Bob Marlin fellow you spoke of before? Was he a bard or something?" he asked.

Her expression looked confused a moment before she snapped out of her daze with a quit blink. “Bard? Well, yeah, he could be considered as a bard. Where I come from, he was announced a musician in reggae, which is a style of music he played. He was a very peaceful and calm man. Always wished the best for people and the world.”

GP

Name
    Rhelin the Bonehewer
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5ft 11in
    Job
    Tomb Robber

Rhelin stared for a moment, not at Rhiannon, but past her, much deeper than she could imagine. Into depths that even scared him. Bob was just as alien to him as what he stood for, according to Rhiannon. He milled the prospects of peace about in his mind for a moment, contemplating the scant idea of a person wishing the best for those around them, and actually meaning it.

It was laughable at best.

Finally, he broke the silence between them, but would eventually wish he hadn't. "What a foolish man," he blurted. "Surely such a man died for some lost cause, an idea that never came into fruition. People like that always do," he spoke sternly, matter-of-factly, and from the stone expression on his face, that fact wouldn't change in his mind.

His lips pursed tight and he tensed up a bit, reacting to his own terse words and expecting a coarse reaction from her in turn. Some retribution was due to him.

"Listen," he spoke quietly, "we need to go to the assembly area. Its about that time and we shouldn't be late on our first day." Rhelin could have apologized to her for his outburst, he should have apologized, but he didn't. No one apologized to him, not ever; more importantly he didn't expect it from anyone. People like that always died before their time.

He looked upon her, unable to mask the sadness in his eyes, from both words and thoughts. "Just remember, Rhiannon. No good deed goes unpunished, no matter where you find yourself. Now, come. The day awaits us."

GP

Name
    Rhiannon Marie Orris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray/Blue
    Build
    5'10"/ 120 lbs
    Job

The woman fell into a long silence as she watched the ebony man look not past her, but into the depths of his own mind, his precievance of this world. She tried to read him, but her abilities lacked the ability to proceed through the lock of one's mind. That's not what the Technocratic told her...

'Your mind will grow extremely powerful, Agent Orris, which is why you're our most admired and important Agent of them all. You give the Union more powers, possibilites, and better future. With the hyper active cells and movement in your brain, with much practice, you will be able to read others like your own..'

'You mean... like in the movies? Hoss, such things are impossible?'

'Not anymore. You consist of the science to.. and together... we will understand..'

Rhelin's pain was more than evident. It was as if she could almost feel it herself. The empathy flowed through his eyes, making her feel scarred, guilt, and the lack of trust. 'What have you seen, dear Rhelin. What scars do you bare?' she wanted to ask him, but didn't have the gut at such a given moment. Pushing buttons with a man she hardly knew could quickly turn things for the worse. Bob could come another time.
    Rhiannon stood, stretching tall as she took in a big breath of air. Looking around a quick moment, she quickly scanned the other members of the Underwood Patrol. Trying to snap the tension in half like a slim jim, she smiled an almost evil (joking) smile. "You mean YOUR first day."

Turning to walk away, Rhelin spoke again, destroying any hope of breaking the sadness and pain. Closing her eyes solomly, she walked away. This quote would stick in her mind for quite some time.
    Last edited by Rhiannon; 06-06-11 at 10:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast