Eye Color
    Yellow.
    Build
    5'9"/150lbs.
    Job
    Wizard.

View Profile
    Thank you, Caden.

To hear that from you is a boon, truly it is.

I hope to develop my own style of wizard, but there's bound to be elements of you, and of course, Mr Pratchett himself (I just re-read The Colour of Magic, so it's to be expected).

I'd love for more wizards to appear, we could start a club . The Near Psychosis is done and submitted, so time to crack knuckles and start spreading agony aunt love over the elven kingdoms!

EXP: 5,950, Level: 3
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next level: 3,050
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,050
    GP

Name
    Richard Elric Anglekos.
    Race
    Flamebound.
    Hair Color
    Black.
    Eye Color
    Azure.
    Build
    5'7", 160 lbs.
    Job
    None.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallow View Post
    Thank you, Caden.

To hear that from you is a boon, truly it is.

I hope to develop my own style of wizard, but there's bound to be elements of you, and of course, Mr Pratchett himself (I just re-read The Colour of Magic, so it's to be expected).

I'd love for more wizards to appear, we could start a club . The Near Psychosis is done and submitted, so time to crack knuckles and start spreading agony aunt love over the elven kingdoms!
    I'm thinking about making a Wizard myself. God knows I read Dresden enough to be inspired by his exploits, and reading through some of Caden's solo exploits are the explosive cherries on top of that cake. I highly recommend them to anyone who hasn't read through his stuff; almost every single one of his solo works are Judge's Choice quality, and I don't see that quality degrading as I continue to read. In fact, if anything, I see it more refined.
    Thanks for putting this information up, Caden. Now, to work on my Wizard.
    "Some things they never tell you
    While you're riding the assembly line
    Like who'll be the hands to hold you
    And what's their state of mind?
    Well, hell I'm not much bigger
    Than a pointed index finger
    But who am I to lay the blame?
    I'm only here to cause some pain."
    ~The Autobiography of a Pistol, by Ellis Paul

EXP: 3,658, Level: 1
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next level: 1,342
    Level completed: 56%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,342
    GP

Name
    Ashley Turgor.
    Race
    Human.
    Hair Color
    Black.
    Eye Color
    Yellow.
    Build
    5'9"/150lbs.
    Job
    Wizard.

View Profile
    God, we'll be a gang bang short of an Unseen University before too long.

EXP: 16,222, Level: 5
    Level completed: 38%, EXP required for next level: 3,778
    Level completed: 38%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,778
    GP

Name
    Marcus Book
    Race
    Human
    Build
    5'7"/240 lbs.
    Job
    Mercenary

Well, I always did feel that for a world that features magic, Althanas was woefully short of magic-users.

EXP: 7,821, Level: 3
    Level completed: 71%, EXP required for next level: 1,179
    Level completed: 71%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,179
    GP

Name
    Vespasian Villeneuve
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'10 / 140 lbs
    Job
    Covert Operative

Why make a new character for this? I'm just going to earn all this crazy stuff for Vespasian... Although the wizard's hat isn't very fashionable. I'm gonna use a black fedora. Also instead of a big ass book of spells, I'm gonna use a little black book (with them digits!). That cool with you guys? lol

In all seriousness this is a very good thing for Althanas Caden. I'm glad you did it. I don't want to jinx it, but we're working on an Alchemy concept for Alerar behind the scenes here. It might work very well with College Arcana since some of the Faculty uses it a bit.
    The Villeneuve Family
    Vespasian - PC, Lv. 1, Lv. 2 ...THE BABY!
    Maelle Eldest Sister
    Ludivine Middle Sister
    Esme Father

EXP: 107,947, Level: 14
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next level: 11,053
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next level: 11,053
    GP

Name
    Rayse Valentino
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'10 / Athletic
    Job
    Independent Contractor and Arms Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Well, I always did feel that for a world that features magic, Althanas was woefully short of magic-users.
    Well, there are tons of magic users, but there is usually very little rhyme or reason to it. They're either born with it, or it's unique to them in some way, and there's very little structure around it. This College Arcana thing promotes the idea that magic has structure, rules, that it is earned through a process and has a backstory. It allows people to come together instead of become isolated with their own little version of superpowers that nobody can relate to.

Resident Pointy Hat
    EXP: 68,785, Level: 10
    Level completed: 32%, EXP required for next level: 8,215
    Level completed: 32%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,215
    GP

Name
    Caden "Blueraven" Law
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Job
    Wizard for hire, freelance alchemist, translator, navigator, and archivist

Quote Originally Posted by Rayse Valentino View Post
    Well, there are tons of magic users, but there is usually very little rhyme or reason to it. They're either born with it, or it's unique to them in some way, and there's very little structure around it. This College Arcana thing promotes the idea that magic has structure, rules, that it is earned through a process and has a backstory. It allows people to come together instead of become isolated with their own little version of superpowers that nobody can relate to.
    Don't forget that there are plenty of other systems of magic in Althanas. Even in my own writings, Wizardry's hardly unique. IIRC, the Bladesingers and their bardic spellcraft are still out and about, even if the whole system of magic is undergoing a shift because so few of them are left and they've all had so much crosstraining. I remember hearing that Alerar has some kind of magic tradition but it's even more of a scientific process than what goes on here, more akin to Old School D&D (Reagents for everything) with a side of FMA Alchemy or something like that.

I've been tempted to do write-ups for other systems, but the only ones of any substance in my own writings tend to be Warlocks. I had one Shaman pop up. Plus the Wanderers, their system is...Lovecraftian conjuration, basically.
    RPs to Date
    Items or EXP listed until profile updates are made.

Stairway to Heaven - Complete.
    Into Yesterday - In Progress.

EXP: 5,950, Level: 3
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next level: 3,050
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,050
    GP

Name
    Richard Elric Anglekos.
    Race
    Flamebound.
    Hair Color
    Black.
    Eye Color
    Azure.
    Build
    5'7", 160 lbs.
    Job
    None.

Quote Originally Posted by Caden Law View Post
    Don't forget that there are plenty of other systems of magic in Althanas. Even in my own writings, Wizardry's hardly unique. IIRC, the Bladesingers and their bardic spellcraft are still out and about, even if the whole system of magic is undergoing a shift because so few of them are left and they've all had so much crosstraining. I remember hearing that Alerar has some kind of magic tradition but it's even more of a scientific process than what goes on here, more akin to Old School D&D (Reagents for everything) with a side of FMA Alchemy or something like that.

I've been tempted to do write-ups for other systems, but the only ones of any substance in my own writings tend to be Warlocks. I had one Shaman pop up. Plus the Wanderers, their system is...Lovecraftian conjuration, basically.
    Speaking of which, I've tried to find your write-up on the Wanderers but failed. It sounds like something I'd love to get Margaret involved with though. If you could link me to it I'd really, really appreciate it Caden.
    "Some things they never tell you
    While you're riding the assembly line
    Like who'll be the hands to hold you
    And what's their state of mind?
    Well, hell I'm not much bigger
    Than a pointed index finger
    But who am I to lay the blame?
    I'm only here to cause some pain."
    ~The Autobiography of a Pistol, by Ellis Paul

EXP: 16,848, Level: 5
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 3,152
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,152
    GP

Name
    Elrundir Galadhrim
    Race
    Elf
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Black with blue flecks

Some of what you've mentioned here is forthcoming (either that, or... about to come again? And hopefully in a more digestible form?). I don't think there's any kind of timeline on it yet, but it is out there! And those who happen to be immediately interested in Raiaeran song magic or Aleraran alchemy are always welcome to ask, and we'll answer as best we can.
    I don't think you're inferior. I just think I'm better than you.

Current Threads

EXP: 16,222, Level: 5
    Level completed: 38%, EXP required for next level: 3,778
    Level completed: 38%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,778
    GP

Name
    Marcus Book
    Race
    Human
    Build
    5'7"/240 lbs.
    Job
    Mercenary

I've been tempted to do write-ups for other systems, but the only ones of any substance in my own writings tend to be Warlocks.
    Yes plz

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast