Thread: Zachary Snow

EXP: 1,404, Level: 1
    Level completed: 71%, EXP required for next level: 596
    Level completed: 71%,
    EXP required for next level: 596
    GP

Zachary Snow

Zachary Snow

Description: A short boy, standing about five and a half foot tall. Completely non-descript. Blonde hair, green eyes.

Level: 0

History: "Live Gloriously, die young."

I have learned those words in my studies. They are a warcry, a promise, a hope, and an accomplishment to my people. Or should I say, the blood of my blood. I have never known them, nor will I. Just as I will not live gloriously, or die young. Those things are not mine to achieve. I will always and forever be Faceless. A weapon that walks the night, spilling blood from the shadows. For that is what I am; an Apprentice in the Assassin's Guild, Mortalis. I am forbidden love or life, peace or war. All I will ever know is the hidden blade, poisons, and death. From what I've seen of the world, I'm okay with that.

I am nothing more, and nothing less than the unwanted get of an alcoholic whore who lived and loved (quiet often, and vigorously I'm told) in Corone. As I understand it, I'm not the only child of hers. That's irrelevant though, since I don't care to find the others. As for my father, I'll be fucked if I know or care who or where he is. I've never bothered to hide my resentment. Had he not dropped his dick in the dirt, I might have had a better life. Also irrelevant, however. What is relevant is that I was bought by the Mortalis before I could walk. Yes, the whore sold me. I'm not sure why they paid for me, as she'd probably have paid them to take me. Anyways, my training started then. Fed twice a day, in the morning and at night, I spent my days locked in the smallest room a human can live in without dying. When I was old enough to understand, I expected a much harsher welcoming into the Order than I received. A person who can do those things to a baby are horrible people, yes? Well, no... as I latter learned. They had taught me things most people never learn. Squaling for help does not bring help. Fear of small places is stupid. And that every meal is a precious thing.

When I could walk, I began learning of knowledge. How to read, write, speak. They taught me more languages than I thought my brain could hold. Mathematics, apothecary, philosophy. My home became the library of the Sanctum. And when I'd learned enough, they taught me of pain. All of the standard things, knives and needles, brands and fire, dehydration and starvation. I learned what capture meant, and the price of failure. I learned during those days why my mother had turned to whoring. Better to sell yourself then eat rats raw and drink your own piss. It's an easy thing, to say to yourself 'I will never do that.' But when hunger has crippled you and thirst driven you to the brink of madness, what you can and can't do fades away and the only worthwhile goal is to fill your stomach in any way you can.

And when those days ended, my physical training began. Knives and swords, hidden blades and poison, throwing knives and crossbows. Endurance training. Acrobatics and free-running. The rooftops became my training course, and the ground below my teacher. When I missed the ledges or beams, I learned by a broken leg or arm, sometimes worse. They'd leave me to suffer the wound for as long as they could without bringing permanent disfigurement, and then they'd heal it away.

And when I was ready, they presented me to the Masters. Had I not been chosen, I'd have been put to death. I was chosen, but only just. Of the four present, three walked away. I don't know what weakness they saw in me. I still wonder that, sometimes. Master Renaud says that when I understand the answer without having to ask, I will no longer be an Apprentice. I still have no idea what he is talking about.

And so now I am here, in the merciless deserts of Fallien as my Master tracks a Mark, learning what he deigns to show me.

Skills: Poison crafting & Application, Mathematics, Multiple languages, Rudimentary tracking, Daggers, Projectiles.

Abilities:

Stealth: Zachary is able to bend the light around him to hide in plain sight. Can still be detected by touch, smell, or sound. Any Higher level character is able to see through this trickery if they know his general location.

Shadow step: Zachary is able to teleport short distances instantaneously. The range currently cannot exceed 10 yards, and has a "cooldown" period of several minutes (5 Posts in Battle Threads).

Inventory:

2 Daggers, 12 inch blades, strength of steel.
    10 Throwing Knives. Roughly three inches long.
    1 Hidden Blade. Mounted inside of a silver gauntlet, a retractable blade that extends out from beneath the boy's hand when activated. Strength of steel. 12 inch blade.
    Last edited by Smokestorm; 06-18-11 at 05:00 AM.

EXP: 5,950, Level: 3
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next level: 3,050
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,050
    GP

Name
    Richard Elric Anglekos.
    Race
    Flamebound.
    Hair Color
    Black.
    Eye Color
    Azure.
    Build
    5'7", 160 lbs.
    Job
    None.

So far, the only real "ability" that I can see here is your ability to bend light, which is interesting. We now consider skill with weaponry and aiming to be put under "skills" instead of Abilities, so if you'd like to expand on your ability on bending light you have a wide range there. Just letting you know. Otherwise I can approve it right here and now, if you'd like.
    "Some things they never tell you
    While you're riding the assembly line
    Like who'll be the hands to hold you
    And what's their state of mind?
    Well, hell I'm not much bigger
    Than a pointed index finger
    But who am I to lay the blame?
    I'm only here to cause some pain."
    ~The Autobiography of a Pistol, by Ellis Paul

GP

So move those two to the Skills area? And how would you word the Stealth one, were it your character?

GP

Name
    Richard Elric Anglekos.
    Race
    Flamebound.
    Hair Color
    Black.
    Eye Color
    Azure.
    Build
    5'7", 160 lbs.
    Job
    None.

Can't particularly say, man. It's your character; I can only regulate it so that he's level zero appropriate in strength. If you want him to be more light-based, I would make eradicate the "Stealth" ability completely and simply give him the ability to manipulate and/or produce light within a certain radius and certain amount of power. Then you put what you want to do with light under that, and have a wider variety with what you can start with.

GP

Quite the opposite, actually. I'm going with the traditional subtlety type character. Rogue/Assassin/Spy, what have you. I doubt he'll ever end up with outright magic abilities, so I'm okay with having a more specific skillset. Trying a different tact here. Reorganized the skills, and added a new ability instead of strengthening the Stealth one. Better, or worse?

GP

Name
    Richard Elric Anglekos.
    Race
    Flamebound.
    Hair Color
    Black.
    Eye Color
    Azure.
    Build
    5'7", 160 lbs.
    Job
    None.

Looks good to me; only thing I need you to edit in is that Shadowstep's "several minutes" can be quite subjective, especially in battles, so put that in battle threads the cooldown period is around five posts. After that, you'll be good.

GP

Done and done.

GP

Name
    Richard Elric Anglekos.
    Race
    Flamebound.
    Hair Color
    Black.
    Eye Color
    Azure.
    Build
    5'7", 160 lbs.
    Job
    None.

Looks all clear to me, soldier. You're approved.