Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serenti Invitational Finals: Amen Vs Relt Peltfelter Vs Christina Bredith

EXP: 11,386, Level: 4
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 2,614
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,614
    GP

Name
    Relt Peltfelter
    Race
    Homo sapiens
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    5'2" / 110 lbs.
    Job
    University Student and Chinese Food Delivery Driver

Surveying her handiwork with some pride, Relt hopped off of the bulky, myriapodal monster corpse and looked around. The whole area was full of statues, like the one she had unsuccessfully consoled before using him as a perch. Statues that had been people. The girl only half-heard the thanks and inquiries of her supposed opponent, processing them a moment later as she left her reverie. Something was prodding at the back of her mind.

"Hm? Oh, right. Well, basically, some assholes have been, like, disappearing dudes who entered the tournament. That's who these guys are, I guess. That's why the whole bracket's been shuffled around and losers kept getting moved ahead, 'cause contestants were vanishing. Plus they killed a couple dudes, too," Relt turned towards the blonde girl, keeping herself limber. "Are we still supposed to fight?" Relt asked, keeping one eye on her opponent, "Only one of these statues told me earlier not to bleed anywhere, and then I didn't listen, and that's why the walls turned into a Hubble screensaver,"

Relt's eyes traveled down from the blonde's wound to a small puddle of blood, partially obscuring a glittering nebula. The dark-haired reprobate whistled through her teeth, "Shiiiiii-it. That probably ain't good,"

It was at this point that Relt was hit in the back of the head with an ax.

Fortunately for her, it was the handle part which made the actual collision, bouncing with a comical coconut sound and clanging into a corner. "MOTHERFUCKER," was Relt's only comment on the occasion, as she clutched her already much-abused head. Seriousl,y shem ight ave prain damge. Rel poblrms.

Blinking away tears, Relt scuttled back against one of the statues as the axe-wielding sociopath from earlier advanced on the wounded swordswoman. Eyes clearing, she looked up into a familiar face. A friendly face.

It was Dorian something, that guy who she had befriended on her first faltering steps in this new world. The guy who had been kind enough to keep her embarrassing ass from killing itself in a barnacle hole, rendered in star-filled ebony with perfect detail. His little dragon chum perched on his oddly armored shoulder, also sealed in translucent stone.

"D-ran, dawg," Relt murmured, "How'd you get your dumb ass into this mess? Fuck, dude, I don't even know if I can fix this,"

Relt looked away sharply, tears of a different origin crystallizing for a moment in her eye before she noticed what she was looking at.

The blonde's blood, spilled by a crazy-ass monster's raptorial appendage, seeped into the floor. "Oh, right," Relt said, "That problem,"

The labyrinth vibrated like a dollar store dildo hooked up to a car battery. Dimly, through the obscuring layers of maze walls, Relt could see the margin of the arena, the stone and timber where it was held in place, shuddering and cracking apart. The star-hewn, crackless substrate of twisting corridors shuddered violently, one last time, as if popping its moorings, and began to accelerate upwards.

- - -

Spectators scrambled to get out of the way, teeming out of the arena as the stands shattered in a maelstrom of splintering wood and tumbling bodies. The gargantuan maze was rising upwards, tearing through tiers of seating as it approached the venue roof, which it pushed aside with the inevitability of a juggernaut. It seemed to bask a moment under the open sky, buildings and streets collapsing around it, falling into the sinkhole it was leaving behind as it moved, with deceptive speed, skyward.

The arena was no working of Ai'bron magic or wizardly prowess. It was an ancient thing, built of unearthly materials and buried beneath Althanas long, long ago. He had been cast into the labyrinth so long ago that it was a hazy memory even to Him, but as has been stated before, He is not confined by physical entrapment. His mind exists at all points in space and time simultaneously, and he needed only extend a psychological pseudopod to recruit a weak and shallow cult, a cult which did not understand what it did, only in whose name they did it.

The labyrinth was ascending with some speed now, the air around it flaring briefly into friction fires as it grew thinner. The blueness of the sky had almost faded, and now the black void of space was showing through, resembling a paltry imitation of the labyrinth walls.

If He could be said to have emotions, which He couldn't, He could be described as happy. While His mind could be anywhere, at any time, his form was finally going home. He blinked His iron eyes, and ceased the endless caressing of his captive compatriots, the mitochondria of their petrified cells even now providing the energy which kept Him alive. His writhing ocean of tendrils flexed impossibly, then began creeping with distressing precision along the maze's corridors, coating the walls and floors in seething, glutinous pseudopods.

If the reader will forgive this inaccurate characterization of an immeasurably alien mind, it could be said that He wished to meet His guests in person. He let out another impossibly hateful, angry roar.

It could also be said that "meet" may be considered an imperfect translation. "Consume" may add something more to this understanding.

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    Sorry for the delay guys, here I am with a judgement.

If there are any questions, or I need to elaborate a bit more, let me know. However, since the thread did not reach 10 posts within the time limit (Relts last post came a day late, dollar short), I am just going to tell each of you categories in which you won, as well as a few comments.

Christina - I loved the way you have been tying Althanas continuity into your story, I also found your use of rosebite interesting. You took a setting that your opponent intitially made and ran with it, for good results.

Relt - Each one of your posts made me smile. I can tell you put a lot of effort into the story you were making here, though I was taken a bit back about how you didn't seem to go off of your opponents leads and include the viceroys in your posts as well.

Amen - Marcus as a character was very interesting to read here. You did very well in your continuity, and like everyone else, your mechanics were awesome. Your attacks came off as unique and it was obvious you had some big plans. I just wish the time limit for the tourney was longer, as to see what you all had plan for this.

Christina Bredith wins the Continuity and Character categories, ties for Mechanics

Relt Peltfelter wins the Story, Setting, Interaction, and Wildcard categories, ties for mechanics

Amen wins the Strategy, Creativity, and Clarity categories, ties for Mechanics

Ladies and Gentlemen, your Serenti Invitational Champion is Relt Peltfelter! Your second place Champion is Marcus Book (Amen)! Your third place Champion is Christina Bredith!

Relt Peltfelter gets 5,000 exp, 0 GP

Amen gets 2,500 exp, 0 GP

Christina Bredith gets 2,000 exp, 0 GP

I'm Silence Sei saying Good Fight, Good Night!
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

EXP: 17,010, Level: 5
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next level: 2,990
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,990
    GP

Name
    Atzar Kellon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Long Black
    Eye Color