View Poll Results: Would you participate in the Adventurer's Crown?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 66.67%
  • No

3 8.33%
  • Not Sure

9 25.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Adventurer's Crown: An Althanas Quest Tournament Poll

EXP: 59,200, Level: 10
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,800
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,800
    GP

Name
    Findelfin ap Fingolfin
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Golden
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'2", 220 lbs
    Job
    General of Raiaera, Diadem of Telendor Nauvarin

Yeah, Cyrus, the deposit would be kept ONLY if you were taken out of the tournament due to inactivity. If you lost despite active efforts against your opponent, you would get the deposit back. It would punish only inactivity.

Carpetmuncher
    EXP: 1,354, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 646
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 646
    GP

Name
    Luc Kraus
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5' 6'' 145 lbs

Seems to make a lot of sense. And it's not like an EXP penalty, where it could potentially cripple you.
    Cold, jade eyes that liquify
    eyes that are merciless,
    staring in mute mockery
    and in mockery of the muteness

EXP: 53,319, Level: 9
    Level completed: 94%, EXP required for next level: 681
    Level completed: 94%,
    EXP required for next level: 681
    GP

Name
    Molotov
    Race
    Mutant
    Hair Color
    changes
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11, skinny.
    Job
    scientist

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus the virus
    I agree with that 50%-of-your-gold entry fee for tournaments. It makes complete sense, and also... It could really enrich the pot for the top 3 winners, too!

I think it's perfect, honestly. If the winners don't get the gold, it can always be returned to the player provided they were active and just lost from the judging.

It absolutely should be considered!

Also, thanks Fut for being much more eloquent than I.
    I think that instead of giving the gold to the winners, it should go to the remaining teammates who lost out because they didn't have reliable posting buddies. For example, if Cyrus, Bob and I are on a team, Bob fails to post and loses his 2000 GP deposit, Cyrus and I should get that 2000 GP split between us as compensation. Like Cyrus pointed out earlier, the people most effected by tournament withdrawals are the competitors.

Also, I would like to remind people that no one is obligated to sign up for a tournament. Going on a vacation? Don't join! Not enough time for five posts a week? Don't join! It's that simple.

Personally, I think people who are inactive for one tournament should be punished in that they are banned for the next. That way they don't lose anything but the trust they violated.
    Molotov is not a sports entertainer.

The Paper Molotov Saga
    -as told by Mara Jade
    [1]The Beginning of the Fall. [2]The Chimera. [3]On Broken Hearts. [4]Leftover Emotion. [5]Minnows.

EXP: 59,200, Level: 10
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,800
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,800
    GP

Name
    Findelfin ap Fingolfin
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Golden
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'2", 220 lbs
    Job
    General of Raiaera, Diadem of Telendor Nauvarin

That's not a bad idea at all, actually, but I think it should be coupled with the entry deposit. I like the idea, though, of losing the deposit to the person who was harmed by your inactivity.

Also, what about this plan for the next AC...

An adventurer's board, with a number of missions equal to the number of teams. Teams would claim the mission they wanted on a first-come, first-served basis, and have a limited amount of time to complete the mission. Does that sound like a good idea? Later rounds could involve quests that are planned by the groups and set into motion based on previous quests they undertook.

EXP: 53,319, Level: 9
    Level completed: 94%, EXP required for next level: 681
    Level completed: 94%,
    EXP required for next level: 681
    GP

Name
    Molotov
    Race
    Mutant
    Hair Color
    changes
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11, skinny.
    Job
    scientist

View Profile
    I like the board idea, but I would like there to be some relatively simplistic, but overarching plot.
    Molotov is not a sports entertainer.

The Paper Molotov Saga
    -as told by Mara Jade
    [1]The Beginning of the Fall. [2]The Chimera. [3]On Broken Hearts. [4]Leftover Emotion. [5]Minnows.

Carpetmuncher
    EXP: 1,354, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 646
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 646
    GP

Name
    Luc Kraus
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5' 6'' 145 lbs

Sounds like a very interesting idea, Maddy. Better than being stuffed into a premade quest that you might not feel totally up for, really. And I agree with people not being allowed to compete in the next tournament if they fart out with bad activity. I think a lot of people might be against it just to be safe, though, and that's a shame. For the greater good of tournaments, we really need to use a method like this to limit the amount of people who drop out. As of now, there's no reason not to drop out of a tournament if you're not feeling up to posting.

Also, for the record, the team of me, Shyam and Bob would rule. Electric Flame Tornado!
    Cold, jade eyes that liquify
    eyes that are merciless,
    staring in mute mockery
    and in mockery of the muteness

EXP: 3,312, Level: 2
    Level completed: 44%, EXP required for next level: 1,688
    Level completed: 44%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,688
    GP

Name
    Alberdyne Cormyr
    Race
    Psionic/Demon Slayer/Tamer
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'5"/200lbs
    Job
    Demon Slayer

View Profile
    I have another idea that was kinda touched upon in the original AC but nobody really took advantage of it. (That I saw)

I for one felt really frustrated that my squad had to dissolve the way it did. I hand picked two people that were closely tied in to my character's storyline and as I mentioned earlier I wanted a coherent reason why my character (And as a result theirs) were involved in the tournament. There was a small rule for the AC that at least in the beginning, if your team dissolved you could make new teams with members of the roster who still wanted to be active and make it to the end of the tournament.

I noticed there was quite a couple of people in the back-logged area of the ranking system that I would have loved to rp with at the time. I think somekind of fail-safe system to allow people to form impromptu teams on the fly should the worse come to pass and a team dissolves (As Molotov and some others were saying) and hurt the progress of more active members.

I would love to have made it to the end of that tournament. Somehow I've never been able to complete a tournament on Althanas and I was really hoping that the AC would be my first. Either my character has always died, or partners I rped with vanished off. I think a reliable fail-safe system to reward people who actually DO want to roleplay and complete the tournament make a lot of sense to me.

If a team dissolves members should be put into some kind of ranking pool and they can pick and choose amongst themselves what teams they want to form together. Even if characters have NO back history together, I think impromptu team ups could make for incredible story-telling possibilities.

As far as the money deposit goes, I'm in agreement. I would even take it a step further and suggest that the level of the character applying to the tournament be taken into consideration as well as how much money is available to them.

A level 5 character is not the same as a level 1 character. I think configuring a sweet entry fee system should take that into consideration also.

As far as splitting the entry fees goes, I'm not comfortable with this idea. I think that it should just go to the gambling pot. (In other words what some people were suggesting that kept deposits should be returned to active players) Keep it in the gambling pot, and reward players who actually choose the winners with that.
    ~Level 2~

~Level 1~

~Level 0~

I am no Hero.-Saying

You see enough shit in the world to become broken yourself.-Saying

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345