High Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blonde
    Eye Color
    Blue-Green
    Build
    5' 11' / 160 lbs

View Profile
    A circle of candles surrounded Elisdrasil, arrayed on the cold wood floor. They, along with the sticks of incense filling the room with the soft scent of wormwood, weren’t exactly necessary for divination, but the y certainly helped set the mood. That was the thing about divination; getting into the right mindset was the most important thing about tracing the pathways of the future. Then again, Elisdrasil thought, the people who had taught him that lesson had all died at the hands of the one their divinations had been wrong about. That was the other thing about divination; the pathways of the future were incredibly murky and very easy to misinterpret.

That is, until recently.

The water of time had grown calmer in recent months, clearer and more defined. Events were becoming so stable, that even a novice of Elisdrasil’s power was able to see along the path of what would be, not what may be. It had its benefits, to be sure, but more so it was worrying to the Raiaeran. And so he sat, surrounded only by candles and incense, preparing to cast his mind as far as it would go. To see whatever it was that his Future Sight could see. Elisdrasil closed his eyes and relaxed, allowing his mind to slip free from his body and settle upon the rolling waves of the future.

He drifted along the currents of time for a while, seeing flashes of faces and locations that he didn’t know, and would likely never see again. But instead of reaching the rapids in the river where he had always encountered them, the point where there were too many choices, too many paths, Elisdrasil’s mind began to pick up speed. The shores closed in upon him, a certainty rather than a supposition. Everything around him moved by faster and faster, possibilities dissipating the second he turned his attention towards them. In time he was moving too fast to stop, carried by a single thought, a single idea towards the end place. He was in a future where there was no probability, only fact.

The midday sun was swollen to bursting, bloated with the sickly red light which poured out of it. There were holes in the world, not tunnels or openings carved with pick and shovel, but vile, unhealthy tears in the fabric of reality. And pouring from those holes was a horde of awful, shapeless masses, creatures without any shape or form and completely inimical to existence as Elisdrasil knew it. Everything they touched dissolved. The living, the dead, the land and sea, even the very fabric of magic dissipated as the creatures poured from the blasphemous environment that had birthed them.

And then the vision faded as Elisdrasil was pulled back through the river of time. He watched the possibilities reconvene and the shores expand as he moved backwards. But always, drifting at the end of the river’s relentless progress, was that horrible scene which had unfolded in Elisdrasil’s future sight.

The Raiaeran gasped as his thoughts returned to his mind. He had never seen so much, been so far, and it had left him weak and disoriented. But though the journey left his body frail, his mind retained the full weight of the sights he had seen. He had seen it, and everything leading up to it. There was a chain of events stretching unbroken from now towards that one horrible point in time. Destiny, he knew, was like anything else in that the more momentum it built up the harder it was to stop.

The Phoenix had foreseen the return of Xem’Xund but had failed to take action in time and had perished. Now, he realized, if he failed to take action in time everything on Althanas would perish. Destiny needed to be derailed, needed someone to fight against the binding chains which pulled all of time unerringly towards it. But to fight against something so established, something with so much momentum would require more than just one lone elf. Elisdrasil would have to assemble heroes. And if there were no heroes to be found, Elisdrasil would create them.

Closing his eyes, Elisdrasil skimmed the surface of the stream around him. There was a man, a mystic, Sei Orlouge. He had declared war on Corone’s rulers in an attempt to fulfill a prophecy, and in doing so bring Althanas one step closer to a cruel and grisly fate. Elisdrasil would gather others to his cause under the guise of stopping a would-be tyrant. But destiny was a difficult thing to change, and there was a very real possibility that Elisdrasil wouldn’t be able to stop the mystic. He only hoped that if that was the case, he could at least set others up on the hero’s path to saving Althanas.

EXP: 8,486, Level: 3
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 514
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 514
    GP

Name
    Elisdrasil
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blonde
    Eye Color
    Blue-Green
    Build
    5' 11' / 160 lbs

View Profile
    Good job on the first round everyone, hope you all had a good time.

I'd like to personally thank all the judges who volunteered to take on the monumental task of judging our epicness.

Time to retreat, lick our wounds, and prepare for Round 2.

GP

Name
    Elisdrasil
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blonde
    Eye Color
    Blue-Green
    Build
    5' 11' / 160 lbs

View Profile
    Corone won't fall so easily to these rabble!

Prepare for Round 2 allies of Corone, we're still fighting an uphill battle.

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    First time the Ixian Knights I believe have been referred to as 'Rabble'. Also love how you employ more chaotic/evil characters for these fights than us and yet -we're- the bad guys.

Anywho, well done. Knights, prepare for Round 2, I don't want any sloppiness this round, let's annihilate this group of drunk retards and their pets.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

GP

Name
    Elisdrasil
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blonde
    Eye Color
    Blue-Green
    Build
    5' 11' / 160 lbs

View Profile
    Strong accusations from a man who decided to bring war to a nation with his personal army, the very same army that protects demon spawn and genocidal murderers. I would rather spend my time enjoying friendship and adventure than sullying my hands with blood while proclaiming my glory to the heavens. So pardon me and mine, 'savior', when we choose to do what we must to protect the innocents around us than sacrifice our values to pretend we are part of something great.

Screw You, Andy.
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    Strong words, considering I was saving this country when you were still a youngling sucking on mama elf's teet. You'd rather choose a war your familiar with, one that will drag on for years and years with no clear winner. My way will once and for all resolve the dispute of Ranger or Imperial by eliminating the need for either. Your way sees that the people continue to suffer. However, I can clearly see that your people love Corone as much as I do, which is why we've extened an invitation to you if we do find ourselves victorious.

As far as your friendly questing, whatsay you and I engage in such an activity after this silly and needless fighting?
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Just an observation, but did anyone notice how as far as being a war for Corone, the first round of battling had basically nothing to do with Corone, but rather just with two groups of people going at it for some arbitrary reason? I mean, ICly, what kind of advantage does either group gains for beating the other in some shitty little village, and how does such a victory translate to control over the entirety of Corone? No strategic advantage was gained in the first round, no important targets eliminated, and yet once the fighting is done, one of these groups will rise as not only a prominent force in the region, but indeed the governing force in the region. Gotta say, whoever thought that was a good idea didn't really think this stuff through, at least from the IC standpoint.
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

GP

Name
    Elisdrasil
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blonde
    Eye Color
    Blue-Green
    Build
    5' 11' / 160 lbs

View Profile
    Out of character here:

Letho, I assume that the first round was a snapshot of the beginning of the war. Each "battle" was in some way the alliance attempting to sabotage the efforts of the Ixian Knights, while Sei's forces are attempting to establish a foothold. As far as "strategic advantage" is concerned, unless we are all playing out Gisela-style army battles then it also doesn't make sense for control of major points to be contested solely by a small group of opposing individuals. As for the one army battle that we had in the first round, it was centered around contesting control of the City of Gisela, a MAJOR point for control of southern Corone. I assume that there are other battles going on all over the country but unfortunately we can't focus on all of them with the format given. Does that make this ill thought out? Not in my view. Think of it as an abridged version of the Ixian Knight's war for Corone.

Screw You, Andy.
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Letho View Post
    Just an observation, but did anyone notice how as far as being a war for Corone, the first round of battling had basically nothing to do with Corone, but rather just with two groups of people going at it for some arbitrary reason? I mean, ICly, what kind of advantage does either group gains for beating the other in some shitty little village, and how does such a victory translate to control over the entirety of Corone? No strategic advantage was gained in the first round, no important targets eliminated, and yet once the fighting is done, one of these groups will rise as not only a prominent force in the region, but indeed the governing force in the region. Gotta say, whoever thought that was a good idea didn't really think this stuff through, at least from the IC standpoint.
    Let me put this a bit in perspective, my friend.

My party in the multi-battle was saying specifically that the 'village' was actually Radasanth (because I agree, there is in no way the Ixians would -ever- attack a normal village for no particular reason, and I think the village setting was just there to villify us).

Zerith and Margaret both brought soldiers, which they used in their battles, considering we are an army (once again, sent to a simple village that would hold no strategic advantage in the war), and got docked for actually using their -soldiers-, in a -war-, in that battle.

TB and Christoph battled over Gisela, in a Gisela style match-up.

Play Back and Rehtul battled the 2 Duffy alts along a small supply caravan heading towards Radasanth, which turns out was just a decoy so Sei could relay his supplies into Radasanth via Sei's Tomb.

The actual settings were there and established (indeed, while Paul stated the setting was a village, Poison simply wrote they were in a Church during the start of the Church setting, which I elaborated to being a church in Radasanth. I also made sure to point out that 'City Hall' was in Radasanth as well, and I can't remember if Dirks or Jess did, but I'm fairly sure Logan and Bellator had).

Invading Radasanth directly would have made more sense from my characters perspective. Gisela made sense since it's where the Rangers are based, the caravan made sense because there has to be a supply line running towards Radasanth in some way, but the 'village' setting would have made no lick of sense for -any- character of the Ixian Knights to attack. It actually seems more the type of place that Homunculous would come in for Night of Debauchery Part 2. If anything, we were saving villagers from having their organs farmed by the beast.

I at least hope that Round 2 will take place in areas that would make sense for the PA -and- th IK, instead of just one faction.

Sexy Immortal
    EXP: 149,516, Level: 16
    Level completed: 86%, EXP required for next level: 2,484
    Level completed: 86%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,484
    GP

Name
    Jensen Ambrose
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job
    Senior Knight of the Apocalypse

I will now perform ritual Suicide for my failures....
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

Avatar Edited to Look AMAZING by Sagequeen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast