View Poll Results: Where should Timothy head next?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black and White World

3 37.50%
  • World of Elements

1 12.50%
  • Magic Relm

1 12.50%
  • Timothy's Relm

0 0%
  • The Nexus Itself

1 12.50%
  • Traveler's Homeworld

2 25.00%
  • Althanas

0 0%
  • Earth

0 0%

Thread: My Characters

EXP: 8,711, Level: 3
    Level completed: 93%, EXP required for next level: 289
    Level completed: 93%,
    EXP required for next level: 289
    GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile

My Characters

I will also be posting Characters in a single thread. I would like it if someone would kind of help me with development so I don't get to powerful. Here is the first Character.

Name: Timothy Gold

Name Explanation: Each dimension he enters he gives himself a fake name to be called. With each dimension he adds that name to the end of his current name. for example in his first dimension when Maroon asked for his name he said Gold though her instincts told her otherwise. After that if asked his full name he would give Timothy Gold.

Race: Travelers - A group of humans who usually have silver eyes and the ability to travel through Time or Space. It is rare for a person to be able to do both. What is rarer is when a person can also travel through dimensions. A person with this ability is considered to be the spreader of the race since if he takes a Time and Space jumper with him while he jumps Then the race can spread throughout That dimensions history and land.

Hair Color: Golden

Eye Color: Silver

Height: 5'10

Weight: 180 lbs

Appearance: His face is almost oval. His golden hair is cut short and naturally lays flat. His eyes are deep Silver. His nose is long with small nostrils. Shirtless he has an 6 pack. His arms and legs are muscular but not bulky. He's got broad shoulders. He wheres a polo and jeans. Long sleeved in the winter and short sleeved in the summer. He has a clean face due to his heritage.

History: Timothy was born in the year 1650 in Edinburgh. His dad was a Time Traveler while his mom was a Space Traveler. Before the "Age of Traveling", which is a ritual that determines what kind of traveling ability the child has at 1 year, Timothy was lost by his parents when he was dropped while they were running for their lives in the year 1910 through the streets of Adana. The fear caused by the loss of his parents and the shouting getting closer made the child Space Travel to the small town of North East outside the city of Erie, PA. There a woman found him and took him in. She was old but still could take care of him. At age 3 he disappeared on her and discovered his abilities. He had gone to the garden outside. The only thing was since he was so young he used up a ton of energy. he fell asleep in the garden. His adopted mother finally found him. she was relived that he didn't go into the street. She picked him up and took him inside. In the year 1929 he decided it was time for him to try to find his parents. He hugged his adopted mother and said good-bye. She was now 80. "I'm so happy for what you have done my son. Don't ever forget that I love you," she said hugging him. "I won't mom," he hugged back. He then disappeared in front of her eyes. A tear ran down her face remembering all the times he had taken her on faraway trips through his "Jumping" ability. It didn't take long before he found his parents, or rather they relieved themselves to him. They told him what they were and what he was. After listening to what they told him he asked if it was still possible to do the ritual. They agreed though they doubted that he had any of the other abilities. The ritual reviled that not only was he a Space Traveler but also a Time and Dimensional Traveler. Afterwards he said thank-you to his parents for helping him understand what he was. Afterwards he said goodbye and returned to his home in PA. His adopted mother was so glad to see him. When he told her about his abilities and what he was she smiled then fell to the ground. It had been 10 years since she had seen her son but now she knew why. That was all she needed. After a rasp, "I love you," she died in his hands. He was devastated of course. He wanted to leave her but decided it was best to give her a funeral first. he had plenty of money since he was also an archaeologist who had knowledge that surpassed most others. He called the rest of his adopted family and told them what happened. They planned for the funeral to be in 3 days. On the day of the funeral he was the last one standing at her grave. Everyone else had left. Suddenly his parents came up next to him carrying a rose each. His mother stepped forward and put her rose down and said, "Thank you for taking care of our son." Then his father stepped forward and said, "Thank you for showing him the way life should be lived. I hope that your time after this is a happy one. Then they turned to their son. His father spoke, "Son, it is okay to cry." Suddenly Timothy fell to his knees and screamed. his mother took a step forward to comfort her son but his father held her back. "He needs to let it out dear," he said sadly, "this is probably the hardest part of life." She turned to him and said, "can't I at least be a shoulder for him to cry on?" Then she pulled away from her husband and knelt down taking he son into her chest. "It's okay son let it all out," she said. He cried heavily into her chest. So many tears were shed that her shirt was soaked by the time he was done. after he had finished crying his mother spoke again, "Death is apart of life," she said, "Everything has a beginning and everything has an end. Though we Travelers have a long life expectancy we will have a day that we will die. Don't spend your life in depression. Think back on the good times in fondness. She will always be with you right her. she laid her hand on his chest right above the heart. Timothy looked up at her then hugged her again. "Thank you," he said through sobs. Many years later and he still remembers that day. Sure it was sad but that was when he learned his most important lesson. No mater what life keeps moving forward.

Skills:
    Blade Combat
    Hand To Hand Combat
    Fencing
    Natural Cook

Equipment:
    Long Sword
    Broad Sword
    Rapier / Fencing Cork
    Short Sword
    Bladed Shield

(Will stick to one weapon each fight.)

Abilities:
    *Time Travel - He can travel forward and backwards through time. For every year he moves forward he has to wait an hour before he can Time Travel again. For every year he moves backwards he has to wait a day before he can Time Travel again. Takes 1 hour of standing still to perform. Talking permitted
    *Space Travel - He can go anywhere instantly. For every mile he goes he has to wait a hour before he can Space Travel again. Anything less then a mile he can do instantly for it doesn't take much energy. If the distance of multiple Travels in 1 hour is greater then a mile he has the same limit as if he did 1, 1 mile, Travel
    *Dimension Travel - He can jump into any dimension but it can only be used once a month. Takes an hour of standing still to prepare. Talking permitted

*He can take people with him whenever he travels for every person he takes with him you have to multiply that amount. So if he travels one mile with 3 people he has to wait 4 hours before he can Space Travel again. (You can't forget about himself) Included in each ability
    Last edited by hoytti; 02-06-13 at 06:18 AM.
    Thought
    "Telepathic Communication"
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile

Maroon

Name: Maroon

Race: Colorin

Hair Color: Maroon

Eye Color: Maroon

Height: 5'6

Weight: 140 lb

Appearance: She looks like a maroon human. She has maroon hair that reaches down to her mid back, maroon eyes that twinkle, small nose, full lips, she has a natural hourglass shape, she wears a maroon dress on land and maroon bikini at the beach.

History: Not much to say about her history other than that she is the typical good girl at school and submissive to her father who never wants her to date. She Had feelings for guys and many of which asked her out, but due to her father she never accepted. She still has one more year of school before she graduates. She is also hoping to be able to date Timothy Gold by the end of the year. Can she Stand up to her father and tell him that she is going to date the man she saved and loved? Fingers crossed.

she is now married to Timothy and has left The Color Dimension to have adventures with him.

Skills:
    First Aid
    Cooking

Equipment:
    None

Abilities:
    Untapped / uncontrolled:
    Fire Magic:
    Flash Fire - A ring of heat comes out of her body searing every plant and animal in a ten feet radius. Friends / Allies are not effected. She faints after use.
    Last edited by hoytti; 11-27-12 at 09:18 PM.
    Thought
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Hey guy's I have a list of the dimension idea's for Timothy and Maroon's next adventure. Can you help me decide which one to go with?

Info on Dimensions:

Black and White: A world that looks like your in an old 50's cartoon.

World Of Elements: A world where the Elements are intelligent. Each Element is then categorized further by a Natural Disaster.

Magic Relm: The Dimension where the ancestors of all those who can use magic originated from.

Timothy's Relm: A World that has yet to be created. It is the place where Timothy has complete reign over what goes on there. This will eventually become his home.

The Nexus Itself: The world of the Nexus. The place where all the dimensions meet.

Traveler's Homeworld: The place Where the travelers were first Travelers lived. Home of the Original Traveler.

Althanas: I just create an account for these two.

Earth: He returns to earth after many years being away.
    Last edited by hoytti; 02-03-13 at 02:15 PM.
    Thought
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Hey guys, In three weeks, I will be starting on the next Timothy Gold Story. The poll won't close but I will have decided which place Timothy will be going. Also, throughout the story the poll will still be open so that when I finish the next story I know which story to go with. So please, cast your votes
    Thought
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

EXP: 2,550, Level: 1
    Level completed: 19%, EXP required for next level: 2,450
    Level completed: 19%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,450
    GP

Name
    Dale "Red Dawn" Russell
    Race
    Android (appears human)
    Hair Color
    Dark brown
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    6' 2" // 225 lbs
    Job
    Bounty Hunter, Mercenary

View Profile
    I was going to comment on how overpowered your ability "Space Travel" (5000+ feet of movement allowed as long as you don't do it within 30 seconds) and NPC's "Flash Fire" abilities are, but realized this was Nexus before I posted it. On that note, I'd suggest writing within site constraints and getting better by understanding basics before you try and go out of your way to make something like this. Just a suggestion, no need to heed it.

Either way, it is always better to do something for yourself than continually ask for other people to tell you what to do with you character.

GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    I understand what you are saying. I did take another look at the character and decided that the combination of jumps need to be within an hour not 30 seconds.
    However, I don't understand why Flash Fire would be considered over powered, It is her single ability and she faints after use. Plus, she can't control it.
    As for the poll, I have an idea for each of them, however, I would like to only do them one at a time. I am having trouble deciding on which dimension to go to next, so I am asking to find out what everyone else would like to see.
    Thought
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

EXP: 2,550, Level: 1
    Level completed: 19%, EXP required for next level: 2,450
    Level completed: 19%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,450
    GP

Name
    Dale "Red Dawn" Russell
    Race
    Android (appears human)
    Hair Color
    Dark brown
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    6' 2" // 225 lbs
    Job
    Bounty Hunter, Mercenary

View Profile
    An hour would be more reasonable. It's more for the fact that if used in any battle capacity, even for Nexus, you're still looking at being able to basically move behind an enemy if you want to (say 2 feet movement) 2640 times. Lol.

After looking at the character again I understand what you're saying for Maroon. It is her only ability, so it would make sense that it have some sort of effect. If you are going to use it as a means of expression while under duress (like she gets in a tricky situation and it just bursts out from her) it would make plenty of sense. =)

As for where to go... I like the idea of the Elemental world. Seems interesting in concept.

GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Hey guys, tomorrow i'll be starting my story, as of right now, the Black and White World will be the next world I choose. However, there still is time to vote. It will be tomorrow night that my choice will be made.
    Thought
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Okay, It is official. Black and White is next. I have to get the world organized then I'll start the story. Thank you.
    Thought
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"