Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some very interesting acts about our president and the end times.

EXP: 8,711, Level: 3
    Level completed: 93%, EXP required for next level: 289
    Level completed: 93%,
    EXP required for next level: 289
    GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Again I post this. I would like your opinions on it. I think most are reasonable. You may search up the verses given in your own bible as well if you like.
    http://raptureforums.com/BibleProphecy/101lastdays.cfm
    Thought
    "Telepathic Communication"
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

EXP: 30,152, Level: 7
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 4,848
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,848
    GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus (Cleansing One)
    Hair Color
    White to Gray
    Eye Color
    Maroon
    Build
    5'2 / 119lb
    Job
    Cleansing One

View Profile
    By Odin's wisdom, I declare you all wrong. Ragnarok will be the end of times. We need more Valkyries and great men and women of valor to stand by Odin's side for the coming battle for Midgard.

Or conversely, by Hinduism, we are continuously reborn and generate karma because we are reborn, and therefore cannot escape the material torments of life, and only through enlightenment will we ever escape the never ending cycle of being reborn. Thus, our escape is to become enlightened and then die. Preferably at the same time.

Or we can go with village beliefs from where my culture is from, and that all life is about balance. From food to air quality to work ethic, one must be balanced in all things and the five elements (fire, wood, water, wind, and metal). I am of a fire element, thus, I must live close to water to balance myself. Otherwise, I will experience intense rage and possibly become a homicidal maniac. Because I need water nearby. But don't worry, if I find a stream, I'm cool. Literally.

In all seriousness...

Who you FUCK are you to tell me what is true in terms of religion when there are THOUSANDS of religions that say almost EXACTLY the same thing in terms of meaning, AND/OR could be interpreted in the same way.

Keyword, INTERPRETED.

YOU were not there when Jesus walked the Earth and talked. AND I certainly wasn't around when the first elders of my heritage were explaining the stars and that water dragon is the bringer of life. Yeah, that's right, a WATER DRAGON is the bringer of life for the majority of history for my culture. You know what a water dragon can be INTERPRETED as? A BLOODY FUCKING RIVER!!

You know what? While we're throwing "facts" around, I'm gonna state this as fact. My water dragon god is cooler than yours!
    Last edited by orphans; 08-15-12 at 09:19 PM. Reason: added the elements, GO PLANET
    Current Adventures:
    None

Party:
    None

Recently Done:
    Following...
    Perspective...
    Price...
    Songs...
    He Who Waits...
    Matriarch's...

EXP: 160, Level: 1
    Level completed: 8%, EXP required for next level: 1,840
    Level completed: 8%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,840
    GP

Name
    Illa K. Cenata
    Race
    Lifedrinker
    Hair Color
    Golden Blonde
    Eye Color
    Slate Grey
    Build
    5'2" / 102 lb
    Job
    Vagabond

Quote Originally Posted by hoytti View Post
    Again I post this. I would like your opinions on it. I think most are reasonable. You may search up the verses given in your own bible as well if you like.
    http://raptureforums.com/BibleProphecy/101lastdays.cfm
    1. The Bible is always misrepresented. It was compiled by committee at a time long after its purported prophet existed and subsequently multiply translated. Therefore, it is misrepresented by default.

2. This is just predicting human nature. There was no lack of greedy, smooth-talking charlatans in any year since talking was invented. It's as relevant as saying that the end times will be marked by people walking on two feet.

3. The same can be said about the holy text of very many other religions, as well as standards such as ISO. Again, since the Christian teachings have a habit of spreading to whichever areas the "known world" consists of , it has never actually failed to fulfill this criteria.

4. The world has seen events unfold since people had eyes. Novas, eclipses, and similar celestial events are witnessed simultaneously across the world. The line is so vague that these celestial phenomena fit the bill.

5. Mankind is not currently capable of destroying all life even now. See: thermophilic archae, subterranean bacteria, life near black smokers, etc. They wouldn't even notice everything being nuked.

6. That's not how a neutron bomb works. Paradoxically, if it was unimaginable, they wouldn't have words for it to write it down. Also, flesh dissolving off of people happens if they have a necrolyzing infection.

7. This is clearly why there were several wars with either the support of or participating by major military powers in the last decade. /s

8. This is clearly why Israel is even now considering attacking Iran in order to force the US to join them (basically, by attacking before November elections, they force the current Obama administration to join them in the attack or lose the election. If they lose the election, the new president-elect will join them in the attack anyway because of the party stance.)

9. Peace efforts have been made and broken between Israel and its surrounding nations since Israel has been formed, all while the world is striving. How is now any different?

10. Israel is always vowing to wipe various neighbors off of the map. Damascus has been inhabited for 8300+ years and even if it's destroyed, its geographical position means that new people will settle there. It's already happened before, too. How will this be any different?

11. We are not witnessing an increase in strange weather in the sense of the word "supernatural". We are seeing the effects of additional energy available to the weather due to global warming. And as noted, weather has always been chaotic anyway.

12. There was a move towards a global empire during the Mongol times, the colonial times, the Napoleonic times, the Third Reich times, etc. because it is in the nature of empires to expand. I honestly can't imagine what sort of stretch is required to claim that the Roman Empire survived.

13. Bablyon wasn't destroyed when Iraq was conquered. Babylon has also been continuously settled since prehistoric times, so it was never actually destroyed. What's in a name?

14. Good grief, it's a set of myths stemmed from the flooding of the Black Sea by the Mediterranean through the Bosporus. All fossil evidence points against an actual global flood, because if there was a global flood that killed everything at once all fossils would occur in the same strata rather than being separated temporally.

15. The New Age movement has not "swept the globe". It has been localized to areas containing less than half of the population of the world and it basically consists of gullible people being told silly things. Vegetarianism has been common in East Asia since before Biblical times.

16. This world has, in the last five millenia, rarely spent a week where there wasn't a couple of wars going on somewhere.

17. Ethnic conflicts have never been NOT prevalent.

18. The earth has been filled with violence since it was created. What do you imagine predation is? There are many more cases of violence between humans than ever before because there are more humans than ever before.

19. This is ignoring that much longer periods of much larger-scale terror attacks have been happening pretty much continuously throughout history. Mongols razing and murdering villages as examples to others, for example.

20. The statement does not indicate the scale of travel, only the quantity of travellers. A complete non-sequiteur, in fact.

21. Yup. Although judging by the internet, much of that increasing knowledge is in the form of cat pictures.

22. Diseases have been emerging for a very long time. What is actually being seen is endemic disease becoming pandemic. Did I mention that they've found medicines for AIDS, etc? Once you've explored the whole world and attacked all the diseases, rather than just the ones that your little piece of the world had, where will new diseases come from? The Moon?

23. That's awfully specific about the right hand and forehead and awfully hand-wavy about "well, look at the way things are going now" while completely ignoring the extensive amount of tattooing, painting, branding, burning, piercing, and other body modification that has been going on since humans figured out how to do it in the first place.

24. If it was unthinkable, why did they have words for it? You can't write down things that you can't think about.

25. A man still can't control it. In fact, it is in the interest of said commercial entities not to allow single-point-of-failure, so it's unlikely to ever happen. Men are fallible.

26. As a fraction of the whole human population, that's a lower number than ever before. There's just a lot more people now. Since "common" means "makes up a large fraction", this statement is frankly false.

27. There have also been unidentified sightings of various things from funny-shaped rocks to weird trees to strangely-shaped clouds to wierdly-burnt toast since there were people.

28. Solar activity is on a 11-year cycle. It has not intensified at all and is not expected to do so for another 5 billion years. A nuclear war would _decrease_ solar activity due to wintering.

29. All nations are born in one day, on their independence day, because someone has to draw a line where on one side the nation didn't exist and on the other side it did. That line has to fit in one day.

30. Other groups have, ranging from Macedonians to Germans to Maygars to Mongols to the Song. In greater numbers and over larger distances, too. They just don't make a big deal out of it.

32. Israel was consistently an agriculturally rich area throughout said 1900 years.

38. Jerusalem was a major city all the time. If it means "after the Romans knocked it flat", the Arabs did it not long after the Romans left.

39. Given how it's divided, it's still heavily populated by Gentiles.

40. Hitler killed 6 million Jews. Mao Ze Dong killed 78 million Chinese. Ethnically, very few Jews (the religion) were Jews (the ethnicity). Ethnically, the vast majority of the Chinese were Han (the ethnicity).

44. Alternatively, an Invincible Israel makes no sense unless you realize that it's supported by foreign military powers. It's the same sort of reasoning that let, say, South Korea survive North Korea.

45. That's not exactly "all nations", is it?

46. If you say that you will not open a door, and then you do not go to open it, what does that prove?

47. This seems to be contradictory with the 'partitioning' bit earlier.

48. Is this trying to say that democracy is ultimately not as good as a theocracy?

-tired now...

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Guys, 4saykin has trolled you all so thoroughly...

Haven't you noticed the dude hasn't posted in forever? I highly doubt he's gonna keep posting after each and every one of you. He's going to post once in awhile just to keep the flames raging, then laugh at all of you trying to prove him wrong on something that is obviously a hoax.
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

God of Bards
    EXP: 99,783, Level: 13
    Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next level: 4,217
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,217
    GP

Name
    Duffy
    Race
    Thayne
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8"/160lbs
    Job
    Bladesinger

View Profile
    Anyone for Whogivesafuck Cookies?

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Me me me!
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

EXP: 23,049, Level: 6
    Level completed: 44%, EXP required for next level: 3,951
    Level completed: 44%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,951
    GP

Name
    stupid requirement

me too! I've said my piece and don't expect to bother any further. Can I have ones with chocolate chips in them?

God of Bards
    EXP: 99,783, Level: 13
    Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next level: 4,217
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,217
    GP

Name
    Duffy
    Race
    Thayne
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8"/160lbs
    Job
    Bladesinger

View Profile
    There's chocolate chip cookies, ginger crunch, and everybody's favourite, peanut!

EXP: 30,152, Level: 7
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 4,848
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,848
    GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus (Cleansing One)
    Hair Color
    White to Gray
    Eye Color
    Maroon
    Build
    5'2 / 119lb
    Job
    Cleansing One

View Profile
    Azza wants cookies....
    Current Adventures:
    None

Party:
    None

Recently Done:
    Following...
    Perspective...
    Price...
    Songs...
    He Who Waits...
    Matriarch's...

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    EXP: 59,008, Level: 10
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 5,992
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,992
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Bracken View Post
    There's chocolate chip cookies, ginger crunch, and everybody's favourite, peanut!
    I'll have a... wait a second... peanuts kill people... therefore, Duffy might be killing people... he's the anti-chri.. woow ginger snap you say?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast