Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile

September Guided Quest B: All the Queen's Horses

A group of three gathered by night in a small room of an abandoned fishing shack by Valeena Lake. They'd been assembled by hire, through rumors and whispered offers of fortune. All three were here as a cobbled team of strangers for one purpose. It lay before them in a simple box, illuminated by the fire that had been burning in the hearth when they entered the shack. They knew it was meant for them, for it had been bound by a key given to one of the hires. The box lay open now, gifts from their employer filling it.

The box contained:
    • 3 small leather packs
    • 3 iron lockpicks
    • 2 small, palm-sized mirrors
    • 1 forged bundle of paperwork for new stable hires
    • 3 apples
    • 2 smokebombs
    • 1 card of matches - 5 matches total

They had been given their instructions earlier when they'd been told to meet together, for these were too dangerous to have written on paper and in the possession of the mercenaries. The three men were to sneak into the Valeena Family Castle from the western side. There, just past a guard's watchtower, they would find the royal stables. Their employer wanted two of the finest horses the royal stockman had bred. The rewards would be lucrative, perhaps even beyond mere gold.
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

EXP: 2,149, Level: 2
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next level: 2,851
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,851
    GP

Name
    Barnabas Casimir Tourneymant
    Race
    Invisible Men
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    None
    Build
    7'0
    Job
    Tournaments

View Profile
    Barnabas entered a shack next to "Valeena Lake". He had received a letter after being frozen in the Adventure's Crown Tournament telling to come here. No people or beast just a room with a locked box on a small square table in the center of the room. Not that it mattered, he wouldn't be noticed anyway, though his Golden Three Armed Candle Holder would be. It would just look like it was floating in mid air. In fact, on his way to the shack he walked past a group of nuns who instantly started yelling, "Leave this place cursed one! We don't want ghosts here!" repeating it over and over again. One even picked up a rock that hit him in the back. He just ignored them, it was a reaction he got all the time. He has been called the Tournament Specter, Ghost of the Tournament, and even The Cursed Item. It hurt at first, but eventually he got use to it. If he didn't have an item with him however, he would not even be noticed. He would just be mistaken for a hot spot. This hurt more then anything else. Once he even considered himself to be nothing at all, just something taking up space. that was nine hundred ninety years ago when he entered his first tourney. Now however, he knows what he is, a being who has rights just like everyone else. Who cared if he looked like a heatwave he was still there and had feelings.

He looked around a little bit more, I was told I would be joined by two others. I believe one was a Royal Elf, I hope he doesn't think of himself as being higher then others. The other was a mute ninja, I wonder how we are going to communicate?

Just then a women entered the room. She wore a black hooded cloak. The hood put shadows down her face stopping at her mouth which had red lipstick. She looked around the room for a second and was about to leave when Barnabas coughed. She turned around and looked him in his direction. "Where are you?" She asked, looking around the room, Barnabas had put the candle holder on the table to better examine the chest.

"I'm by the chest."

"Are you the one I was sent to speak to?"

"I guess, I was told in a letter to come here and talk to someone."

"Well then, I must tell you that you are here for one propose, to kill the guards. You are the only one able to kill a person without being seen. When the others get here, introduce yourself and tell them that you have to leave and that you will meet up with them at the gate."

"Understood."

After their conversation she left and he stood their, waiting for his teammates.
    Last edited by Tourneymant; 08-31-12 at 02:20 PM.

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    (Good luck everyone!!! Oh and I like to keep track of my Word Count, 'tis a habit from another site I rp on. Thanks for understanding.)

One amongst them was not interested in the rewards.

A chance had lead the stranger to leave his homeland of Ruild (Condordia Forest/Corone) and venture to Scara Brae in the first place. He had heard of a lead regarding his contract with The Syndicate in Corone. One of his prospects, a target by the name of Welkan Vennard had traveled to Scara Brae in search of something important to him. Now, what was not known on paper, was that Elthas Belthasar was actually one of The Syndicate's most skilled Bounty Hunter and rising prospects. Elthas was fresh off the boat, there was one other agent gathered for the job at hand. Elthas had been contacted by a shadowy figure requesting that they meet at the promised location.

A professional, Elthas did not turn down potential contracts. He was surprised to see another person at the location. (Barnabas) He was a fellow that Elthas had never seen before. There was protocol and niceties that needed following, and Elthas respectfully nodded towards Barnabas. He knew that a party had been gathered for some sort of a selective purpose, probably working for The Queen's Guard or some such event.

Elthas didn't mind as long as he was paid for his trouble. Plus, if he found clues to the whereabouts of his current target, that would be even better. Elthas saw the small container that held the items that they needed. It was presumed someone held the key for it. He was given a key by the contractor who had hired him, but he wasn't sure it was for that box or not. It was of no consequence to Elthas, for Elthas, always came prepared. He looked at Barnabas for a moment. Elthas wore finely put together attire, dressed like a nobleman man, in a fancy sort of a suit. His elegant cloak was set in a proud state and seemed to add a presence to The Elf.

"Don't suppose that's for us?" Elthas asked Barnabas in plain common speak, elegantly accented. "I heard there's a stable not too far from here we're supposed to get some fine breeds from. Horses I presume, and not them dead weight kind either. Must be an important job." Elthas thought that lifting some mystery on the job would probably be a good idea as the fellows in the group had never met each other. He looked at Barnabas and that other lad. "Name's Elthas. Elthas Belthasar." He said carefully. "I suppose you don't got the key for that thing do you?" Elthas asked, if the other man did possess a key, Elthas could just force pick the lock if need be.

One of the good things about being an intellectual type was that you were always on your feet, you were always tested.

You always had to adapt to new strategies and new technique to survive, that was the key to becoming strong and powerful.

Elthas figured that they were supposed to wait for someone.

The three had gathered for the party that they were about to undertake, and he had hoped that their host would be gracious enough to reveal himself or herself.

He wondered what sort of trickery bound Barnabas and the other lad to the job at hand. Either way it went, he was certain he was in for a good time at the very least. A reward wouldn't be bad either. He had another contract at the same time he had to fulfill, so if he got any clues as to the current whereabouts of his target, that would be even better. He was a Bounty Hunter through and through, and lived for the thrill of the hunt. Elthas folded his arms across his chest, and took out a water skin filled with some fresh water. He offered some to Barnabas. "'Tis water friend. Freshly acquired this morn. I hope you guys wouldn't mind some of this if you're thirsty. No pride needed in accepting a gift if we're all gonna be working together for the foreseeable future." Elthas said.

Elthas kept looking at the box. He wondered who had the key to it, and what sort of goodies were inside. Elthas held the key in his possession, given to him by the person who was meant to hire them. He wondered if they all got the key too. "If you guys don't got a key as well, I certainly have mine. I figure we split the goods up and work together from here on in." Elthas said carefully. He took out the key from the small pouch he'd been given as part of his contract, and walked towards the box after handing Barnabas the water skin. He opened the box, and inside, he saw the basic equipment that the would all need for the job at hand.

"Okay looks like there are three sets." Elthas counted quickly, his sharp wit would do them wonders. "Of the larger items at least. There are also some papers. Looks like a seal of some sort on the papers. Probably royalty type." Elthas confirmed. Some rations, and one of these. Elthas put his hand in the box and removed the small case of matches. He wondered if any of them smoked, but he certainly enjoyed the cannibus herb from time to time. Elthas took the match book in his possession, and removed the documents, likely forged, but with a royal seal...he doubted anyone would care. Elthas eyed the contents of the papers, familiarizing himself with them.

"We're supposed to head to the stables next. We got us some horses waiting for us there. Shouldn't be too hard to acquire with these official looking documents." Elthas grinned. This was turning out to actually be a pretty good job offer after all...
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 09-19-12 at 10:15 AM.

Innocence & Instincts
    EXP: 14,804, Level: 5
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 5,196
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,196
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Black Shadow listened to Elthas as he began to speak, although he could not answer any of his questions. Black Shadow stuck his hand out towards the elf when he finshed talking. The elf returned Black Shadow and introduced himself to Black Shadow. Well at least he knows what a handshake is supposed to be like.

After Elthas had opened the box and sown everybody what was in the box he turned and ran out the door. Black Shadow scanned his suroundings making sure no one other than his employer knew he was there. Yew trees perfect for makng bows were standing tall and proud, towerng over the three of them. He took in his surroundings and listened for any movements other than the elf. So far so good, we are all alone.

Black Shadow jumped into one of the Yew trees and began jumping from tree to tree in the direction of the stable. earler in the day it had rained, leaving the branches wet and slippery. Normally jumping from tree to tree wasn't a problem for Black Shadow, but he was supprisingly havng some trouble, slipping and almost falling every few branches. Let's hope these two can keep up with me, I don't want to look like a show off.
    Last edited by black shadow; 08-31-12 at 07:43 PM.

GP

Name
    Race
    Invisible Men
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    None
    Build
    7'0
    Job
    Tournaments

View Profile
    "Hey get back here!" Barnabas hadn't gotten a chance to talk to the man and tell him what he had been told. This ninja was definitely impatient. Barnabas started running in the direction of the stables hoping he could beat Black Shadow so that their mission wouldn't get harder then it already was going to be. As he ran through the forest, not even making a sound, he thought about how they were going to get the horses outside the castle walls. There is no way that they're aloud to leave except when the royal family left. This was definitely going to turn violent unless I can do his job and knock out the guards. He flew through the gates without anybody noticing him. As soon as he was past the guards he surveyed the land Now how will I draw the guards attention away from my teammates. I know! He snuck up behind a guard and tapped on his shoulder. The guard turned around and froze seeing only the candle holder and a humanoid shaped blur. "DOOOOOM!"

The Guard turned around and started running waving his hands in the air yelling, "Ghost!" The other guards looked at him funny but went back to their watch. Barnabas then went up behind another guard and tapped him on the shoulder. the guard turned around and looked at the candle stick he fainted right there. Not the reaction I was hoping for. He then went to the next guard. This one wet himself then ran off crying. This second outburst got the other guards on edge. Barnabas chuckled evilly then cried out, "Doom to all who have disturbed me! DOOOOM!" Soon all the guards were tripping over themselves trying to get off the wall and into the castle hoping beyond hope that the "Ghost" wouldn't follow. Barnabas laughed as his teammates entered the castle. He looked at them. "There is no escape!," Then he chased after the guards waving his candle holder yelling "DOOOM!"

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    Once two of the group had made their dash towards the city and the castle, the hooded figure smiled from the shadows. On her wrist, a small bird perched. She careful attached a pre-written note from a bundle she carried in a pocket to one of the legs of the bird. After a moment the bird flew off, raising into the sky before soaring over the forest to the destination. "Perfect," she sighed and slipped farther into the forest.

As the guards within the castle walls began to mill about in confusion, some of them screaming, some of them scratching their heads in confusion, word began to spread quickly. "Ghosts" and "Haunting" slipped down the musty stone hallways, as if the words themselves were stalking prey. They found it in the Cathedral not far from the gates.

Brother Harridan was a tall man, standing at 6' 4", with grizzled skin darkened by the sun. His mouth was set in a grimace, his eyes as angry and scowling as any demon that may walk in the night. He did not wear the traditional robes of the clergy. Rather, he was donned in leather armor, blessed sigils about his body. In his hand, he held a long polearm, a steel and mithril cross with the upper point sharpened to deadly precision. Upon hearing that a ghost was stalking the halls, he knew he would get down to the truth. After all, by blood, bone, or the will of the gods, he always had. Gripping his weapon more tightly, and grabbing exorcising incense with his spare hand, he set off to the castle.

Outside, word had already been given to the guards that there was a disturbance in the castle. They ran back and forth from the watchtowers, grabbing extra weaponry before heading back to their watches in the back courtyard. Four of the Queen's royal guardsmen, the finest Scara Brae had to offer, headed to the stables to ready the horses in case an evacuation needed to happen this night.

The castle, and slowly Scara Brae city beyond, were tightening their defenses.
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

GP

Name
    Race
    Invisible Men
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    None
    Build
    7'0
    Job
    Tournaments

View Profile
    Barnabas was just starting to have fun with the guards when a man carrying a bunch of exorcism items came running through the gate. Barnabas knew immediately that he was in trouble and started running away from the man still screaming out "DOOOOM!" The man followed after him like a predator after it's prey. What to do? What to do? Barnabas knew that the pole arm could kill him. I got it! He quickly stopped talking, dropped the candle holder, and turned on his complete invisibility ability. He continued to run through the halls hoping to find a place to hide before his invisibility wore off. He found an armory and ducked inside and started to put on the armor. As soon as the armor was on he grabbed a sword and left the room keeping the face shield down.

It wasn't long before he ran into the man who had been chasing him, holding Barnabas's candle holder feeling it. He noticed Barnabas but thought he was a knight. "You know what is one of the known properties of a ghost my good man?" Barnabas shook his head no trying to avoid talking. The man smirked at him. "They absorb all heat from an object. However, this candle holder is actually warm. I don't think we have a ghost. I think we have an intruder." Barnabas held his hand up to the face shield and gasped. He wasn't surprised that the man new that but he needed to make it look convincing. "By the way sir, what's your name."

"Sir Barnabas, sir."

The man look at Barnabas with a suspicion. All knew that he was a clergy. He picked up his pole arm and stood "You best run intruder." he then thrust the pole arm forward. Barnabas dodged then grabbed the sword from his belt and his candle holder from the man. "Thanks for holding onto this for me" He then started running to the stables.

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Elthas soon found himself alone, just the way he liked it.

The fellow who was standing before him, hid behind some sort of a magical field that generated a blurring effect. Elthas could not see the man through normal means, and thus, had to use his infra-vision to actually see the heat signature of the mysterious man. In the meantime, Elthas also grabbed the stuff from the small container, seeing that nobody else had taken interest in the objects. They are careless rookies. Once Elthas was done, he turned to see that the mysterious and invisible fellow was gone starting trouble with the guards. Elthas sighed again, but there was a job to do.

He needed to steal the horses.

At least two.

Quickly now, Elthas made his way towards the stables and used his skilled movement capacity to make his way there. There were guards about, but as long as Elthas remained hidden and used some careful positioning against trees and other objects, he would remain safe. It was escaping with the horses that was the problem. Elthas knew the mission was likely botched, but at the same note, he wanted to be certain he satisfied at least the client's desires for the horses. Once Elthas was in reach, he jumped atop one of the horses, and skillfully maneuvered it so that he could head towards a nearby one. That was when the guards moved. Seeing Elthas atop of the horse, one of the guards yelled the alarm.

"Horse thief!" Yelled the guard. Several other guards immediately came running.

Elthas had to act fast, time was running out. He had a plan b, just in case he needed to enact it.

Elthas maneuvered towards the nearest horse, covering ground quickly. Once at that location, he grabbed the reigns of the second horse.

"You're coming with me pal." Elthas said calmly. His stallion, was a light-brown colored horse with a fiery temper. He liked that about the horse, he was wild and free, much like how Elthas viewed himself. At the same time, Elthas turned his attention towards a group of incoming guards. They were also on horseback. Shit! I am running out of time here. Elthas, grabbing the reigns, knew that the hour was upon them. His eyes spotted the unique energy signature of a single mage that broke off from the main group. "Perfect." Elthas thought. He let the horses settle down for a moment and then removed the single elven artifact in his possession.

The Mute Stone.

And almost at about the same time as he grabbed it, the mage launched a single firebolt spell at Elthas. Elthas knew such tricks were devastating if they connected, so he had to act quickly. He activated The Mute Stone, and it rotated around in his hands. After a moment, the stone glowed with tremendous power, and Elthas yelled the command word to activate the artifact's special effect. The fireball came careening towards Elthas, and The Mute Stone was active. A brilliant explosion filled the air, as the artifact's single known effect came into play. The burst of light seemed to swallow up the single fireball and it provided just the cover Elthas needed.

Once the firebolt had been canceled, Elhas quickly replaced The Mute Stone in his packs, and tossed a potent smoke bomb against the ground. As Elthas had calculated, the smoke bomb launched a cloud of smoke up in the air, cascading against the glowing energy of The Mute Stone. It created just the right cover effect for Elthas to go running off in the opposite direction, towards the mountains where he would be safe. In the brilliant explosion that followed, all of the gathered guards were confused at the dazzling display. The mage was the first to recover his senses.

The mage spotted Elthas several yards further away, heading towards an easy escape.

"Over there!" The mage suddenly yelled. He was still rubbing at his eyes.

Smoke still gathered around the horse stable's main area. Several horse riders pursued from the city, members of the royal guard. But, Elthas had already bought the cover time he needed. He wished he could have worked better with the invisible man, or with the ninja like fellow, but he knew that such jobs required a certain finesse and subtly that the two rookies lacked. He was grateful that they provided an added distraction to the gathered guards.

All this over two fucking horses, this shit better be worth it. Elthas thought to himself, he was extremely angry and hated having to resort to petty theft. He was a Bounty Hunter, not a thief. But that would not matter now, he was certain he had not been spotted anyway, and his hood had been up the entire time he stole the horses. He kept one hand on his horse's reigns, and the other on the other pair of reigns. The contract specifically said: two horses. And so he would deliver those two horses and figure out what the hell was the next step in the crazy adventure. He wanted to make haste before Scara Brae's Enforcers really began to show up. Elthas thanked his two companions for providing him the cover that he needed to actually take the horses, but this was business. He would take all the credit, and hoped they would not be foolish enough to stick around.

The Scara Brae nights were known to get quite hot, quite quickly and Elthas did not want to become another inmate. He wished one of his impromptu companions would have been on the second horse with him, but it was too late to contemplate further. He had done the deed. He ran off towards the spot that he was told that he was supposed to meet the contractor.
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 09-19-12 at 10:15 AM.

GP

Name
    Race
    Invisible Men
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    None
    Build
    7'0
    Job
    Tournaments

View Profile
    Barnabas was happy to hear that the horses were gone and on their way to the drop off zone. Now that the distraction was no longer needed he turned on the man who had been following him. "Now that my friend is gone, I can deal with you and disappear without a trace." He swung the sword at the man who dodged the attack. Barnabas smiled beneath the armor. This will be good. He swung again and again the man dodged but this time he also thrust his weapon which Barnabas dodged with ease. The other weapon was heavier then the sword he was wielding. Barnabas slammed the but of the sword down on the mans hand making him drop the pole arm. he the hit the man in the head with his candle holder knocking the man out. A lot easier then I thought.

After removing the armor and putting the candle holder back in his pocket he ran to the stables and took another horse, riding right past the guards. He pulled out the candle holder and cried "Doooom!" before riding through the gate. The guards didn't move for they still believed that it was a ghost. He rode fast and hard to catch up with his ally. As soon as he reached him he grabbed the horse from him then released the one he had stolen so that it could walk back home to the stables. "Your Welcome."

Innocence & Instincts
    EXP: 14,804, Level: 5
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 5,196
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,196
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Black Shadow stood in one of the trees as he watched Elthas steal the horses and Barnabas act like a ghost. well now that the horses are out of the walls, I guess it's up to me to keep those guards from followng them. Black Shadow said as he watched nine guards mount their horses and begin to chase after the two.

Black Shadow pulled out one of hs arrows and drew his bow. The arrow flew through the air with ease and struck the lead riders horse in it's back leg, sending it to the ground and flinging the rider off only to be trampled by the others.

The guards kept riding, except for one who looked to see who shot the arrow, knowing that there was nothng they could do for the fallen rider. Him not moving makes this shot a lot easier. Black Shadow thought to himself as he drew his bow and ht the second rider in the Vegas Nerve killing him instantly.

Hmm, i've never tried this before, let's hope t works. He thought as he pulled out three arrows and drew his bow. He took aim and released them, hitting and killing two rders, and seriously njuring the other. dang, i didn't get the kill, oh well this aught to do the trick. He thought as he shot another arrow and killed the injured rider.

four more left, I have to make these shots count. He said as he shot his next three arrows and killed all three guards. Shoot, that guard is wearing platnum armour, can't penetrate it. He scanned for a weak point in the armour but found no fatal areas in which he could hit. I can't kll him, which means they wll have to deal with him themselves, i've done all I can do.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast