Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    (Sorry I been away guys, I been busy with personal projects. And like short post this time. )

Elthas saw his chance.

"Don't kill her!" He did not want blood on his hands. He wasn't a self-righteous bastard, but he had a gut feeling he needed to gleam information from this woman. If they let her die too, then there was no chance that they would be able to. His dagger struck home, and he smiled at that. She was injured, but not fatally. Elthas danced around, careful to avoid the spreading fire. As he danced he moved towards the girl, around her, and from behind. Then, he took the dagger in his hand, turned it towards the pommel side, and took a quick swing at the back of her head. He intended to knock her pretty ass out. Then, they could get out of the burning quickly burning shack.

Once he knocked her out, he would attempt to capture her. Then, something caught his eyes. The rug that his friend was holding was already catching fire from the intense heat. "Hey, let it go man, we gotta get out of here!" Elthas yelled in mid swing. He knew that every second counted and they were running out of time. The smoke was getting intense and stung at his eyes, most importantly, it was getting hard to breathe. I could have got out earlier, but I am not one to leave a comrade behind. I have a gut feeling that none of this is any of our faults... Elthas thought to himself. He was stuck in movement and had to wait to see the culmination of his actions. If he managed to knock her out, they would escape out the front door. I hope there are no stupid guards waiting for us outside... Elthas thought to himself.

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    Elthas' dagger hit the back of her head with a sharp crack. She began to slump forward, but what hit the ground was just the soft thud of her clothes. The cloak and dress lay in a strewn heap on the smoking floorboards, empty of a body. She had completely disappeared. In the air, thick with oily smoke, a whispered curse faded into the night. The fire from the rug sprang ever higher and caught on the walls. The ceiling of the shack groaned and strained, before a corner of the roof caved in. A cascade of smoking timber, glowing as fire caught here and there, came down and blocked the door. Still, two rafters that had been holding up the section of the ceiling had slid onto the rubble, leaning up and away towards the hole that had been blazed in the roof. Smoke bellowed upwards and out, obscuring the dark and star-filled sky.

Hey guys. When you get out of the shack (by whatever means you wish), I'm leaving what became of the horses to you. I'm going to remind you that your characters heard the horses screaming outside, and Barnabus said he felt as if the door was very hot. We're going to continue our focus on description. I want both of you to describe what your characters are perceiving outside of the shack, using each of your five senses at least once. You may exchange one of those senses for a description of premonition if you wish. For example, instead of describing how it feels to finally breathe fresh air, you may describe a sensation in your body or mind that comes about when you see the horses, and whatever may or may not have happened to them. Have fun with this!
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    "Fucking elementals!" Elthas cursed. He was angry by that point. We'll never know why this has gone down the way it has. Fire was spreading everywhere by then. But his quick eyes spotted the way out. A single window that he and Barnabas could jump through. Grabbing the cloak that was on the floor, he guarded himself with the cloth. It was a well made cloak, probably enchanted. This is the only trophy of this wicked night's events. Crap and that idiot, the ninja, went out and killed guards over this bullshit. Elthas thought to himself and danced towards the window. Luckily, he wore gloves. It was a simple action of simply smashing the window out, and jumping through the window, smoke and all. Elthas had only then realized how much smoke he had actually inhaled. He cursed repeatedly, standing outside of the shack and hoping that his friend would follow him soon. Elthas needed to check on the horses. Damn! I have to know! Elthas, a professional, didn't want to see the horses harmed if he could save them too. But first, he went into a fit of coughing.

Blood poured out of his mouth from his scorched innards, and he was thankful for his Elven physiology.

Elthas cleaned his mouth off, carefully rubbing the blood away and hoping his friend found another way out. The scene outside was just as gruesome as the scene inside. The two horses that he had helped secure, were now dead, horribly burnt and mutilated. They were located at the front side of the shack were fire blazed everywhere. Somehow, the girl had burned the horses and probably syphoned the life out of them. The thought made Elthas angrier. He rarely lost his cool, but that time, he couldn't help himself. We got fucked. Elthas thought to himself. All I wanted was information on that hit, damn...now we both got blood on our hands. Elthas looked at the burning corpses of the horses for a long moment, from a somewhat safe distance. The ground felt hot, and the air was difficult to breathe in. They have to know of the fire by now. There is no way this place is safe for us... Elthas was glad he had switched his cloak, and had been certain that nobody had spotted him.

Deciding what was best for him, Elthas put the cloak he had just acquired and put it into his backpack. Then, he took one of the last remaining smoke bombs, tossed it against the ground, and ran full speed into Scara Brae wilderness. He wouldn't dare show himself in Scara Brae after that debacle, Scara Brae was not Syndicate territory. I don't want to leave those kids behind, but we got fucked. And I want to know why. His eyes, spotted the trail of that the elemental left behind. He would follow that and attempt to redeem himself. Also, parts of the trees and grounds where the trail went were badly scorched. That's where I go. Elthas thought to himself, and ran at best speed in the direction of the elemental residue. I am going to find the one responsible, even if this kills me. Elthas thought to himself as he decided the best bet was to split up from the other two. He didn't know if his friend made it out of the shack alive, but at that point...he didn't care.

Elthas was following the elemental residue, trails of orange and reds, and wove his way into the forest surrounding the shack. At best speed, Elthas would probably catch up to the creature in due course. He saw something ahead...
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 09-26-12 at 10:31 PM.

Innocence & Instincts
    EXP: 14,804, Level: 5
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 5,196
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,196
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Oh woa, who is this? Black Shadow thought as he jumped to his left just barely missing the blade. Although he was great with the tree he missed the branch he was aiming for and fell from the tree on a 24 foot drop to the ground. Oh shoot! He thought as he embraced the impact. The fall sent a sharp pain into his ankle. Ah dang, that hurts. Who does this girl think she is? He thought as he pulled out another arrow and took a shot at the new worrior Ahhh, my ankle, whatever she did to it really messed it up.

EXP: 2,149, Level: 2
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next level: 2,851
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,851
    GP

Name
    Barnabas Casimir Tourneymant
    Race
    Invisible Men
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    None
    Build
    7'0
    Job
    Tournaments

View Profile
    Barnabas looked up just in time to jump out of the way of the burning roof as it collapsed right above him. He then ducked under the table, puting his candle holder away, staying low to keep the smoke out of his lungs. Elthas on the other hand, had a different plan. He crashed through a window to escape the flames. Just as Barnabas was about to get up to follow suite, he herd a crack again and looked up, just in time to see the roof caving in. The flame's around him made him feel like he was being cooked alive. After a while however, the flame's finally died down and he was able to push himself out of the rubble. As he stood on the chared wood, which burned his nose, he heared the the winney of horses approching the shack. He just stood there knowing no one would notice him. As the gaurds left the treeline he could hear them talking.

"I'm sure I saw the smoke from over here," the big guard with the deep bass voice said.

"Right, like you could see smoke in this dark of the night. We should be trying to find those horse theives," the little boy next to him said his voice aging him at maybe right.

"Now my squire," the guard said, "Glory can come in many ways." He then turned looked forwards and noticed the shack. "It looks like the old shack finaly caught fire." he then noticed the horses. He rode up to them and got off his horse to examin the beasts. "This must have been the hideout for those horse thieves." he looked around and notice a scorched earth and foot prints running away from the shack, they were still fresh. "Well squire, it looks like it's your lucky day." He got back up on his horse and started galloping off following the trail left by Elthas.

Barnabas continued to stand still waiting to make sure no one else would appear then got down off the rubble. As son as he did he noticed a strange trail of scorched footprint heading off in another direction. Anger bubbled up inside him as he noticed the pyro trail that Elthas must have followed. That sneaky vixen. She lead Elthas off in the wrong direction. I'm going to have to follow her and destroy her for what she has done. He then started to follow the trail hoping to catch up to the woman who had just tried to kill them.

GP

Name
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    The Akashiman moved to follow Black Shadow, not expecting his quick reflex. Twisting in midair as she leapt to the ground, she thought for a moment his arrow had gone harmlessly by. Alas, it was not so. A pain exploding from her left bicep, bone deep and radiating out, told the truth. As she landed, she rolled forward, springing towards the ninja as she ripped his arrow from her arm. Her left arm was all but useless, the daggers she held having dropped to the ground when she landed. Now she used his steel arrow as a weapon, holding the shaft as she rushed at him, jabbing towards his chest with the arrow's tip.

-------------------------------

As Elthas followed the trail left in the forest with his infra-vision, the trees began to crowd closer. The thick canopy of leaves above blocked out the light of the moon and stars and soon he was engulfed in darkness. As he burst through a clearing, he came across an orb of lightning. As he watched, the ball lightning began to take a shape, much the same as the woman before, only lesser somehow.

"You're a persistent one, elf," the otherworldly voice rang out. When the guards, hot on Elthas' trail burst into the clearing behind them, the strange arm-shape moved outward. An arc of lightning shot out, and danced around the steel armor the guards had been wearing for a moment. Cries of pain and the smell of charred flesh filled the night until they were carried away by the wind. The two men collapsed into a heap. The knave's leg twitched, though the man was still unconscious.

--------------------------------

Barnabas went off in the other direction. However, it wasn't long until he came upon a similar ball of lightning. When it took shape into something vaguely feminine, it laughed at the invisible man. Skipping away, it ducked through trees and underneath a thick spiderweb. All along, it giggled, enticing him to follow.

Elthas, Tourneymant, you are no longer in a battle mode. You may bunny the elementals however you wish, including dialogue. You may also post more than once before I post again, as long as you do not double post. We should be focusing on beginning to wrap our stories up.

List of my alts

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Stop! Elthas ducked as the now familiar lightning danced around him and burnt several other individuals. They followed me here!? Elthas turned to look at the burning bodies of the guards, and their life essences as the girl drained them dry from their bodies. What the fuck is she!? The smell of burnt flesh touched Elthas' keen nostrils and made him want to puke. In all honesty, he had expected something of that vile nature to occur. All I want is answers why. Elthas was going to let the girl go. He just needed some answers, and he boldly approached the handsome woman. "Look." Elthas began. "I appreciate that you got rid of those guards in all actuality, but this whole mess didn't have to go down this way. You could have contacted me directly." There was another life force, one that Elthas could detect nearby, and it was a third guard that approached the clearing.

"What the fuck are you two?" The guard shakily asked.

The Elf looked at the guard as if to question the guard's sanity. "I'm an Elf, you moron. She is from The Tap." Elthas said carefully. "Isn't that right?" He turned to the woman and looked at her for a long moment, studying her features.

"I don't know how you deciphered that so quickly, Elf. But you definitely are a persistent one." The girl said carefully. "You there. Guardsman. You have five seconds to run before I flay you like I did your comrades."

"Why did it have to turn out like this?" The guard suddenly asked. He was genuinely afraid of the woman and Elthas could not blame him.

"Time's up." The woman suddenly said and fried the third guard as well.

Elthas watched the coils of lightning wrap themselves around the armoured warrior, burning his flesh and tearing bone asunder. Elthas admired the way the girl worked the ancient magics. He recalled something that he heard in his youth, from his people, growing up. The Ancient Ones originate from The Tap and wield terrible arcane forces. You would do well to praise and respect The Ancient Ones always. Elthas did not turn away as the woman ripped the living soul from the third guard as well, and consumed you.

"Soul Eater. I have heard of you." Elthas said as he watched the whole event unfold. "I will not attempt to stop you. I now know that you are far too skilled for someone of my learning to handle at that time. However, I will ask one thing of you while I can see this event unfold before my eyes." Elthas felt honoured to see the woman before him. He was an Elf, not a Man, and Elves had a different code about The Tap and it's secrets all together.

There was one other detail too: Elthas was an Evil bastard.

He knew he could not go back to his old life after everything he had witnessed, he wanted more. And deep down, he knew, he wanted her too. For himself. His Elven blood boiled at the arcane presence before him. Though Elthas was at heart, an honorable man, he had embraced his darkness a long time ago. I make my choice here and now. Elthas thought to himself. He walked over towards the girl. "'Tis a simple thing really. My people have always been fascinated by The Tap. And a chance to see and talk to someone from it is a rare opportunity." Elthas continued. "I would like you to teach me the way of your Tribe." Elthas said. "In exchange, I will help you out whenever you need more live meals. Soul Eater." Elthas suddenly knelt before the woman. "I will pledge my allegiance to you and your Tribe, if this pleases you."

At that precise moment, the old Elthas was gone, and a new Elthas would begin his reign.

GP

Name
    Race
    Invisible Men
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    None
    Build
    7'0
    Job
    Tournaments

View Profile
    Barnabas wasn't expecting to see a woman appear from some form of electricity then becon him to follow. However, that is exactly what happened. Now he was following her through a bunch of spiderwebs which could onl mean one thing. I'm going into a spider's den. The girl just keppt foing deeper and deeper into the den, Dancing and gigling as if it was some sort of game. Barnabas wasn't nervouse of course since he is not able to be seen. However he was worried about the girl. She definatly wasn't the one who was in the hut but she still had thee same abilities. After maybe a few hours trying to catch up to her he finally gave up and just followed.
    Last edited by Tourneymant; 10-04-12 at 08:26 PM.

GP

Name
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    Eventually the figure, a dancing and fluttering body of light, led Barnabas into the dark heart of the forest. The skittering of long and spindly legs through the trees caused a rustle around him, and where light was thrown from her body he could see the drape of webbing across the branches of the trees. When she stopped, a flare of magical energy filled the clearing and she slowly turned towards the invisible man. Where the wave of magic had flown across him, his figure was rimmed in a halo of light that pulsed gently. She watched expectantly and then spoke.

Tourneymant, go wherever you want with this. Have fun!

List of my alts

GP

Name
    Race
    Invisible Men
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    None
    Build
    7'0
    Job
    Tournaments

View Profile
    "Don't worry, the spiders won't come into the light, you are safe," the woman of light said, "I'm glad you decided to follow me instead of my sister. You see, we are quite different. She loves to fight and cause trouble, while I'm a pacifist and want to make friends. The reason I led you to this part of the forest is to test you, but only if you choose to."

Barnabas was taken aback. he was expecting her to lead him into the forest to make him a spider snack. instead she wanted to become his friend, but the reason remained hidden. "What kind of test must I take?"

The girl smiled as she lit up the area revealing that the area was actually an ancient dueling arena. "The rules of the the Tap is, 'in order to receive a mortal companion, the companion must fight and prove that your styles match. So, in order to become my friend you must fight a creature I will summon. You will also be fighting the spiders as I must be watching from the Tap. So, do you accept?

Barnabas thought about it for a minute then finally raised his invisible head and said, "Yes, I would love to have a strong companion that I can call a friend."

The girls smiled then snapped her fingers. When she did, a creature that looked almost like a giant snake with legs appeared. The snake had a black diamond head, and red and black pattern all the way down its back. It's underside was black as were it's legs.

Suddenly the arena went black and time stood still as Barnabas's eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness. After a while he could just see the outline of the snake and a few of the spiders as they gathered around, ready to eat the loser.

Suddenly a gong was heard and the battle started.

*Skie I need you to control the snake. I will not be bunnying it.*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast