Eye Color
    Molten Fire
    Build
    5'11"/178lbs
    Job
    Freelance Murder Machine

View Profile

AC: Round 3 - Discussion

Kenneth Stern watched the teams with wide-eyed interest. And while the would-be adventurers of Althanas were no slouches, only four had what it took to advance to the final round of his competition. For a second time he sent a portion of immortality towards the tournament's competitors as he separated the final four into their respective places while returning the rest to the places from whence they came. He rose, the tingling in his legs an indication of how long he had been perched over his viewing crystal, but his masterpiece was coming to an end and there were things to be done. Four items of power were waiting to be claimed.

The Island of Adventure shifted one final time.

Congratulations on making it to the third and final round of the Adventurer's Crown! This thread will be reserved for discussion of the round and the events going on in it.

Some rules:
    1. All participants will be writing this final round of the tournament as a solo.
    2. While each competitor will have the same goal and will be faced with the same general challenges, the magic of the Isle of Adventure means that each will see the Isle and anything on it in a different way. It may appear as a volcanic jungle to one or a bleached desert to another.
    3. There is no posting requirement for this final round, you will be judged entirely on the merit of your story and not on when you want to post.
    4. The round will begin Sunday, September 30th and will continue for two weeks.
    5. If you have any questions, post them in the discussion thread and I'll try to get to them as quickly as possible.

Round 3 Goal:
    You've made it to the Island of Adventure's inner sanctum, now to find your way to through to the final challenge.

Challenge 1: Despite being the last leg of your journey, you still have to make your way through the inner sanctum, whatever it may be.
    Challenge 2: Just because you're at the end doesn't mean that the going will be easy. There are still things that are trying to stop you, be it trap, magic, or minion.
    Challenge 3: At the end, you find yourself face-to-face with the final challenge.
    "I have looked upon all that the universe has to hold of horror, and even the skies of spring and the flowers of summer must ever afterward be poison to me." - Call of Cthulhu

David vs. Goliath: History's first recorded critical hit.
    JC Thread - The Bitter King

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

Is there a specific hour that the round ends?

EXP: 91,535, Level: 13
    Level completed: 11%, EXP required for next level: 12,465
    Level completed: 11%,
    EXP required for next level: 12,465
    GP

Name
    William Arcus
    Race
    Revenant
    Hair Color
    Black Stubble
    Eye Color
    Molten Fire
    Build
    5'11"/178lbs
    Job
    Freelance Murder Machine

View Profile
    Let's continue with noon.
    "I have looked upon all that the universe has to hold of horror, and even the skies of spring and the flowers of summer must ever afterward be poison to me." - Call of Cthulhu

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    Are we allowed to bunny Stern if the situation warrants such?
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

GP

Name
    William Arcus
    Race
    Revenant
    Hair Color
    Black Stubble
    Eye Color
    Molten Fire
    Build
    5'11"/178lbs
    Job
    Freelance Murder Machine

View Profile
    Sure, go ahead.

GP

Name
    William Arcus
    Race
    Revenant
    Hair Color
    Black Stubble
    Eye Color
    Molten Fire
    Build
    5'11"/178lbs
    Job
    Freelance Murder Machine

View Profile
    Alright, the final round of the tournament is half-way through. Keep it going everyone!

GP

Name
    William Arcus
    Race
    Revenant
    Hair Color
    Black Stubble
    Eye Color
    Molten Fire
    Build
    5'11"/178lbs
    Job
    Freelance Murder Machine

View Profile
    And Round 3 has closed! Judgments will begin shortly. Good luck to the final four participants.

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

Awesome job, everyone! Finishing a solo in two weeks is no easy task, but we all pulled it off. This has been a fun, though rather tiring, event.

Now it's time to waste a bunch of time on Youtube. >_>
    Last edited by Christoph; 10-14-12 at 03:24 PM.

EXP: 2,255, Level: 1
    Level completed: 9%, EXP required for next level: 2,745
    Level completed: 9%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,745
    GP

Name
    Inwuhou
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'3" / 130 lb
    Job
    Itinerant Nun

I am so happy that there's so much faith in me for to come last.

GP

Name
    William Arcus
    Race
    Revenant
    Hair Color
    Black Stubble
    Eye Color
    Molten Fire
    Build
    5'11"/178lbs
    Job
    Freelance Murder Machine

View Profile
    And the results are in! Before I post the scores however, I'd like to thank everyone who participated in the Adventurer's Crown and give another set of congratulations to all of the Round 3 participants. It's no easy task writing a quality solo in only two weeks with everything else going on but they all did a great job.

And without further ado ...

4th Place - 55 - Zack Blaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleportation Stone
    Once per thread (or day if the thread lasts longer) the owner of this stone can teleport themselves and anyone they are touching to any location on Althanas that they are familiar with. The owner can choose whether or not anyone touching them is teleported.
    3rd Place - 61 - Inwuhou
    Quote Originally Posted by Portable Hole
    The dark, shadowy weave of this ten foot circular piece of fabric seems to catch the light around it and draw in into nothingness. When placed against a solid surface, this fabric makes a hole up to ten feet deep in whatever surface that it is placed upon. This hole is an extra-planar pocket and cannot harm the surface it’s placed upon in any way. Persons using the hole can pass through to the other side of the hole assuming the surface that it is placed upon is less than ten feet thick, and can pull the hole through the opposite side if so desired. Objects within the hole created by the fabric are dumped, unharmed, onto the ground just outside the hole if they are still inside when the fabric is removed.
    2nd Place - 75 - Christoph
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphic Steel Orb
    This melon sized ball of hardened steel is solid and firm when touched by anyone but the owner. When the owner wishes it, the orb can reshape itself into anything that the owner can think of up to the size of a small horse. All items retain the hardness of steel and cannot be enchanted, though any damage done to the object repairs itself as soon as the owner wills it.
    1st Place - 85 - Sagequeen (This thread will be nominated for a Judge's Choice award.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny's Book
    The faded leather binding of this tome look worn and well-used, yet somehow still timeless. Within the pages of this massive tome is knowledge of everything that ever way, and everything that even may be. Because of the fluid nature of time, the words on the pages, and even the pages themselves, are as shifting as events themselves. But even though nothing is set in stone, this book senses the reader’s desires and shows them what they want to know with the greatest possible accuracy. Still, even with the book’s help this tome’s massive size and fluid nature make it a necessity to study if the user wants to find what they are looking for. The owner of this tome can, if they so desire, know just about anything, although Destiny’s Book cannot be used at all in combat situations thanks to the difficulty one has reading it.
    Again, congratulations to all finalists and I look forward to reading your work in the next Adventurer's Crown.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast