Green-blue
    Build
    5'5", 105
    Job
    Finery tailor, Ixian Knight

View Profile

[Contest] Commercial Contest Submissions

[CONTEST] Commercials for Althanas

Writers of Althanas! Present your best commercial scripts for our site and win! This contest will begin today, October 3rd at noon Central, and end Saturday, October 20th at noon Central. This thread is for submissions only! If you have any questions, either ask in the Discussion Thread or PM me!

The prizes are as follows:

-First place gets an Experience Gem to boost awarded experience by 50% for the future thread of his or her choice

-All who have their commercials produced will receive Experience Gems to boost their awarded experience by 25% for the future thread of his or her choice

-All who participate get a Treasure Map that boosts gold awarded by 50% on the future thread of his or her choice (gold reward one per person, not per submission)

The selected commercials will be voiced and produced for use by the recruitment team in social media and beyond. Here are two examples to inspire you, introduce you to the voices, and show the wide scope of what can be done, from expansive and epic, to a more low-key excerpt of the quality writing found in Althanas:

Peace or Pain

Assassin's Life

(You'll notice both of these go slightly over 60 seconds. That's why, in the rules, we say around 60 seconds.)

The rules:

-Anyone with an account on the site may enter up to 3 commercials. (This is per person, not per account. Choose your best 3 and present them.) Please post once only, and within that post include your three entries. Remember, you may edit an entry to add additional scripts, or remove/change them, later.

-Your commercial script must be around 60 seconds when read out loud. Keep in mind that inflection and sound effects take time, too. As a guideline for length, 60 seconds is about 12-15 lines of text on the normal word processor, 12 point, Times New Roman font, all caps -- or around 150 words, give or take. The best way to determine whether or not your commercial meets the guidelines is to act it out, against a clock.

-At the end of your script, please give phonetic pronunciations, typed out, of the more exotic words. The best method is rhyming syllables with common words and providing direction on the syllable emphasis.

-There is no designated topic for your commercial. It may be about your character, your power group, a region, a past or present event, or even an OOC approach about the site's unique features.

-There will be a single winner chosen, but several of the most compelling commercials will be voiced and produced.

-We will have one male and one female voice available, used either separately or together.

-If you have some skill in music or audio, you may provide your own voice (spoken or singing) and sounds, but you will also need to provide a mix-out of all the audio elements and the written script. You may also provide separate music or sound effects for consideration with your commercial(s). This will not necessarily improve your chances to win, but if you have a vision, we'd love to experience it.

-We reserve the right to make edits and revisions to any scripts that will be voiced and produced.
    You may also include the following information (optional):

- Male, Female or Both (If you are using multiple voices, you will need to designate which parts are read by whom.)
    - Preferred music type
    - Sound effects wanted and a brief description of where in the commercial they should appear
    - Special instructions/Your Vision/Feel

If you have any questions, either ask in the Discussion Thread or PM me! I look forward to reading your submissions.

Disclaimers:

While you retain creative copyright to what you submit, the current and future staff of Althanas may use any or all of it as they see fit for as long as the site exists. Also, you will not, neither now nor in the future, receive compensation of any kind (other than the rewards mentioned above) for your work, whether you win or not. The Althanas staff will retain ownership of the audio files produced to use for the benefit of this site as long as it exists.

If you use or submit audio work not created by you, please include a link to the license or PM me a written statement from the creator saying it's okay to use their work. We don't plagiarize in our writing and we won't steal audio from those who created it. If you are unsure, you may PM me with questions.
    Last edited by Sagequeen; 10-04-12 at 08:42 AM.
    Le onen guil hen, le velt farn a chuinad han - You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.

EXP: 1,789, Level: 1
    Level completed: 90%, EXP required for next level: 211
    Level completed: 90%,
    EXP required for next level: 211
    GP

Name
    Prolicio Prolixi --- Alicia
    Race
    Ghost
    Hair Color
    Auburn
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    5 foot 11 inches --- weightless

View Profile
    A legend is born:

A beautiful woman appears out of the blackness wearing garments of white that sparkle {short sparkly noise} with silver and magic {Faint magic sounds}.

Her hair is long, and it is a beautiful golden brown. A question raises in your mind, "Where did she come from?"

You go to her and ask "Where can I find great adventure?" She turns to you with her luscious red lips as she opens her stunning blue eyes and smiles replying (SageQueen) "There is a place like no other where the best of friends {friendly laughter and cheering} and the worst of enemies wait for you {sadistic maniacal laughter}. Many races and creatures {various races and creature noises, your choice} will cross your path as you venture further. Many towns and villages full of large diversity {a large bar or restaurant full of a variety of characters talking} look forward to your arrival. Those who live in this world have the purest of hearts {People cheering that a great evil has been defeated} and the darkest of shadows {Sounds of flames and war}."

You reply, "Are you a hero?"

(SageQueen) "You can call me a hero, but I am no hero. I am a legend. Heroes last a lifetime, Legends last forever. Legends like me live in the world of Althanas. Will you join me?"

The mysterious woman is voiced by SageQueen {(SageQueen) is where I have you speaking, the other stuff will be the male}, the other asking the questions will be the male.

Music example of what I want the feel to be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjv5B2Pgv_Y

^ DON'T use the same exact music, it's from a CD ... just thought you should know in case you didn't for some reason. Don't want any of us getting in trouble.
    Last edited by TheOnlyGhost; 10-05-12 at 09:53 AM.

Il'Jhain Runner
    EXP: 20,399, Level: 6
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 6,601
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,601
    GP

Name
    Mordelain Saythrou
    Race
    Tama
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'12"/155llbs
    Job
    il'Jhain

View Profile
    A Poetic License (A poem for Althanas)

No dawn, no day, no heart-felt reprimand,
    No allegorical excuse for the lightening heart,
    You have no will to make your doggerel command,
    No strength left to tear your maker apart.
    You’re wounded, dying, desperately dancing,
    Watching the world flash by in spectrum grand,
    See the last day’s of man, his wildfire prancing,
    Let your feelings slip from your blood-claw hand.
    Breathe deep the air of your funeral pyre,
    Sigh a relief amidst your loneliness, your rime kissed self,
    Wherever you meet the heaven’s sky or the darkest fire,
    Feel safe in the statement of your wealth.

Protected from the death of all this glory,
    Embrace the eternity, your legacy, your story.

EXP: 8,711, Level: 3
    Level completed: 93%, EXP required for next level: 289
    Level completed: 93%,
    EXP required for next level: 289
    GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Man: Come one, come all, to a land of fantasy.
    Woman: A land where adventure is abundant.
    Man: A place where you can meet new friends.
    Woman: Or make new enemies.
    Man: A place where the bard and teacher can do just as much as a warrior and mage.
    Woman: A place where anything is possible.
    Man: A place where all are equal.
    Woman: A place where you can be yourself.
    Together: Come one, come all, to the world of Althanas!
    Last edited by hoytti; 10-07-12 at 10:02 PM.
    Thought
    "Telepathic Communication"
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

I'm asking you icely
    EXP: 29,108, Level: 7
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next level: 5,892
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,892
    GP

Name
    "Ayleth" Ashla Icebreaker
    Race
    Human/ Elf Hybrid
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue in the left, dark brown in the right
    Build
    5'6" / 109
    Job
    Vigilante

View Profile
    occ: This is on my character; with an entire intro to althanas in the ending. The song is just suggestion, you can use whatever audio you want. I hope you like this
    (*the song “stronger than you think” by fireflight starts playingin the backround. Female voice starts her lines*)

“what do you do…”

(*wind blowing effect*)

(*words apear on screen*)

“… when you feel alone?”

(*little girl cries*)

“uncle! No!”

(*the “no” fades out; female voice:*)

“what do you do when… you’ve been forgotten?”

(*men are heard laughing: Same young girl; but older yells

“you betrayed me! How could you??”

(*camera fades out to black again*)

(*female voice: *)

“what you do is… fight…”

“i am ashla rose icebreaker... And i’m a survivor!”

(*the sounds of a battle are heard; people crying, and swords clashings.*)

“i live here in althanas: A place of adventure, love… and pain! Will you help make things better? Or will you only make things worse? Who are you? Will you stand strong here… or fall?”

(*everything fades out, then the female voice says

“welcome to athanas”
    How I Shall End my Citadel Battles from Here on Out.

Those who are the most unlovable... are those who need loved the most.
    A misguided anti-hero who only wanted to make the world a better place - but did it wrong.

Il'Jhain Runner
    EXP: 20,399, Level: 6
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 6,601
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,601
    GP

Name
    Mordelain Saythrou
    Race
    Tama
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'12"/155llbs
    Job
    il'Jhain

View Profile
    If anyone would like to use any of the music below for their advert, or if any are suitable for the final product, or future products, please get in touch!

http://soundcloud.com/cydney-oliver

I'm asking you icely
    EXP: 29,108, Level: 7
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next level: 5,892
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,892
    GP

Name
    "Ayleth" Ashla Icebreaker
    Race
    Human/ Elf Hybrid
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue in the left, dark brown in the right
    Build
    5'6" / 109
    Job
    Vigilante

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordelain View Post
    Ooh! Who made these? This is really cool!
    How I Shall End my Citadel Battles from Here on Out.

Those who are the most unlovable... are those who need loved the most.
    A misguided anti-hero who only wanted to make the world a better place - but did it wrong.

EXP: 15,148, Level: 5
    Level completed: 20%, EXP required for next level: 4,852
    Level completed: 20%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,852
    GP

Name
    Erissa Alanorah Tarsul-Caedron
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Silver-tinged White
    Eye Color
    Green-blue
    Build
    5'5", 105
    Job
    Finery tailor, Ixian Knight

View Profile
    Pretty please put contest related chat in the discussion thread.

Thanks!
    Le onen guil hen, le velt farn a chuinad han - You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

[Open with soft mysterious music that uses slow sustained chords and possibly some eerie chanting.]

Female 1 voice: (Dreamlike) “As our world nears the next age, will it pause to look upon the road ahead before taking its first, irreversible step?”

[Pause, allow for phrases in the music to resolve, but don't actually change songs yet.]

Male 1 voice: (deep and clear) “The great wars have ended.” [About halfway through the previous sentence, add some background sound of distant battle.] “The clash of steel fades to silence, though blood still stains the earth.”

Female 1 voice (as previous): “Nations restore their strength, but old grudges and new conflicts threaten the fragile peace. [Quick pause.] In the bleak, far north...”

[Background battle sounds end; music shifts to something somewhat fast and urgent, with rapid drum beats.]

Male 2: (Shouting dramatically) “The lords of Salvar cannot destroy the old gods! Magic [i]will[i] return to this land!” [Sound of a cheering mob.]

Male 1: “...and on the high seas...”

Female 2: (Stern, militant) “Corone may now call itself an empire, but they do not own the oceans!”

[Slowly shift the music a final time to something triumphant (or something – I leave this to your discretion). This should not happen all at once, but should instead build up during the next line.]

Male 1: (Faster.) “Evil stirs in the dark corners of Creation. As new threats emerge, who will rise to face them? Who will decide the fate of our world?”

[Pause.]

Female 1: “You will.” [Brief pause as the music builds up a little.] (Voice now becomes a tad more lively and less dreamlike.) “Welcome to Althanas, a world steeped in mystery and adventure. Come, and write your own legend.”

Out of Character:
    Notes: Male and Female 1 are 'narrator' style voices, whereas Male and Female 2 are 'character' style voices. Also, I actually had bits for each region, but had to cut the others to keep to the time limit. : /
    Last edited by Christoph; 10-21-12 at 02:02 AM.