White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0''/170lbs
    Job
    Spymaster

Join the Church of the Ethereal Sway

The Church of the Ethereal Sway is state religion of Salvar, teaching a strict adherence to a traditional set of laws in order to bring back the mysterious, otherworldly gods of the realm. Its priests are also the judges of the realm, overseeing all courtly proceedings from crimes against the state. St. Denebriel's Cathedral, in the middle of Knife's Edge, acts as the base of operations for the Church. Members of the Church--those who work for the Church, as opposed to those who are just worshippers--are responsible for overseeing the legal system and enforcing the kingdom's laws. The Church is headed by a figure known as the Justice, who is appointed by the King with the consent of the Church Arbiters.

If you feel called to join the Church as serve them as the Justice sees fit, they are looking for applicants to fulfill both combatant and non-combatant roles. Members who want to serve in non-combatant roles will be responsible for overseeing the daily business of the Church, spreading the word of the Ethereal Sway to Salvar's citizens and on foreign missions, and making judicial decisions after watching criminal trials. Members who want to serve in a combative role will be responsible for policing the city streets, acting as spies and assassins in and outside of Salvar, and rooting out heretics. If this interests you, please sign up! As you complete assignments and gain more reputation in Salvar, you will be able to receive advancement and their subsequent rewards.

RANKS - [Reputation for advancement] - (thread score for advancement)
    Acolyte - [0] - (none)
    Adjudicator - [10] - (60+)
    Intercessor - [20] - (65+)
    Conciliator - [30] - (70+)
    Magistrate - [50] - (75+)
    Arbiter - [70] - (80+)
    Justice - [90] - (85+)

Please note that in order to advance, you need only complete one of the two requirements listed above. So if you joined as an Acolyte and wanted to become an Adjudicator, you could gain 10 positive reputation in Salvar however you wanted, or complete a thread that scored a 60 or higher and involved your character doing something beneficial for the Church.

REWARDS UPON ADVANCEMENT
    Acolyte - A pair of specialty Church of the Ethereal Sway gloves and a pair of CES boots.
    Adjudicator - A pair of CES bracers and a pair of CES greaves, 500 GP.
    Intercessor - A CES breastplate and a CES helm, 1000 GP.
    Conciliator - Access to the Church Library of Artifacts, 1500 GP.
    Magistrate - Three prevalida or liviol weapons of your choice, 2000 GP.
    Arbiter - Four icemold weapons or a full icemold armor coating, 2500 GP.
    Justice - Two enchanted icemold weapons of your choice, 3000 GP.

Church of the Ethereal Sway Armor: This is a light-weight composite of secret materials available only through getting promotions in the CES. The armor offers excellent protection against magical attacks, slashing attacks, and insulation from extreme temperatures. It also provides decent protection against thrusting attacks and arrows, but poor protection against blunt weapons. Enchantments on the armor give it a chameleon-like quality, so that while it doesn't make its wearer blend in with their surroundings entirely, it makes them more likely to be looked over and ignored. These enchantments make it difficult to describe what the armor actually looks like, a fact that makes the CES quite proud. Light-weight and extremely flexible, CES armor is highly prized by thieves, assassins, and spies all over Althanas, although Salvar considers its sale highly illegal.

Other Notes: For more information about what prevalida, liviol, and icemold are, please see the store.

MEMBERS

Acolytes
    July Nusquam [Run]
    Kedx Fieldeth [Workout Wonder]

Adjudicators
    none

Intercessors
    none

Conciliators
    none

Magistrates
    none

Arbiters
    none

Justice
    NPC

JOINING (please fill out this form and post it in this thread)
    Character Name:
    Salvar Reputation:
    Reason for Joining:
    Best IC Thread:

Your best IC thread doesn't have to be complete or judged. I'd just like to be able to get an idea of how well you write. If you don't have an IC thread yet and want to join anyway, just link to your character registration.

ADVANCEMENT (same as joining, just indicate you're seeking advancement)
    Character Name:
    Salvar Reputation:
    Position Sought:
    Required Thread Links:

Remember, you only have to have the required reputation OR the appropriate thread type and score to advance. Not both. So more than likely you're only going to need to fill out three of these four fields.

Note: If you join the Church, you will not be able to join the VSC. This does not mean that you won't be able to purchase things from their store, just that you will not have access to their missions board.
    Last edited by Ashiakin; 09-04-06 at 05:04 PM.
    "The problem with escapism is that when you read or write a book, society is in the chair with you. You can't escape your history or your culture. So the idea that because fantasy books aren't about the real world, they therefore 'escape,' is ridiculous. Even the most surreal and bizarre fantasy can't help but reverberate around the reader's awareness of their own reality." -- China Miéville

Former Regions Administrator, Former Salvar Writer

GP

Name
    July Nusquam
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Cyan
    Build
    5'7"/150 lbs.
    Job
    Arsonist

Character Name: July Nusquam
    Salvar Reputation: 0
    Reason for Joining: Though he isn't much of a fan of organized religion, July sees this as a way of gaining some sort of standing in the world, and more importantly, getting his hands on his favorite thing; gold.
    Best IC Thread: I have yet to begin or end a thread with this character, but I'm also known as Slayer of the Rot and Bohemia.
    Bulimic rainbows vomit what?
    Burn Piano Island Burn!
    Coconut pupils never shut?
    Burn Piano Island Burn!

Acolyte Of The Church of The Ethereal Sway

I'm Mr. White Christmas!
    EXP: 55,856, Level: 9
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 9,144
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,144
    GP

Name
    Ashiakin Azzarak
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0''/170lbs
    Job
    Spymaster

Consider yourself accepted as an Acolyte and in possession of the CES gloves and boots described above. Unfortunately, I don't have the CES missions board up yet, but that should be fixed within a few days.
    "The problem with escapism is that when you read or write a book, society is in the chair with you. You can't escape your history or your culture. So the idea that because fantasy books aren't about the real world, they therefore 'escape,' is ridiculous. Even the most surreal and bizarre fantasy can't help but reverberate around the reader's awareness of their own reality." -- China Miéville

GP

Name
    Griffin Langley
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    5'10"/125 lbs
    Job
    Butchering Music

Character Name: Kedx Fieldeth
    Reason for Joining: Kedx seeks to establish himself as a ‘good member’ of the Salvarian community. He believes being a member of the church will give the impression that he is pious, while also giving him an opportunity to make money.
    Best IC Thread: http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...6856#post26856

I'm Mr. White Christmas!
    GP

Name
    Ashiakin Azzarak
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0''/170lbs
    Job
    Spymaster

Approved as an Acolyte. Consider yourself presented with the CES gloves and boots.

GP

Name
    Artume Zauvir
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark blue
    Build
    6'2'' 205 lbs

Character Name: Artume Zauvir
    Reason for Joining: Artume is looking to get a feel for the church and figure out how they work, merely to gain information and insight. Gold is nice, too.
    Best IC Thread: 56 in Scara Brae. Better scores as Luc and Izvilvin.

GP

Name
    Terriance Undast Calaelen Van Akashima
    Race
    Part human, part elf
    Hair Color
    Chestnut
    Eye Color
    Honey
    Build
    5'8" and 155 pounds
    Job
    currently an adventurer

Character Name
    Salvar Reputation
    OOC’ly (0), IC’ly (I am unsure. He is a young son of a noble of one of the fiefdoms of Salvar, but left so I do not know if that counts)
    Reason for Joining

The unique cultural and pragmatic atmosphere of the rather wild, untamed Salvar was an interesting field of study for the young Terriance. As a youth he was schooled in the current timeline of Salvar, though very little. Amidst that timeline is a scattering of religious bursts and generally vague movements of faith, all of which interested him more than anything else taught.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances at home and the fear of being homeless like a common peasant, Terriance left his home of Salvar and headed to Scara Brae. Unlike the frozen tundra, the small island of Scara Brae is rather wild and still holds a firm belief in the polytheistic ways of old.

The young noble, though thought originally to have no vested interest in the faith of a god, has quickly come to realize the importance of a singular god. Again, however, his interest is not in the religious aspect of the church of the Sway, but the ability to rally under a single religious code and have the word of a single god leading the people. Unfortunately, as it always seems, the boy’s interest is politically driven and his ideas about the churches powerful words of wisdom and truth are only skin deep.

He would, however, like to appear the loyal noble to the church. Though he currently holds no estates in Salvar (though he may in the future) the young Terriance would not like to be seen as a convert to the uncivilized nature of polytheism based on his ventures away from his homeland. As such, he has sent the following letter to the Church of the Ethereal Sway’s headquarters at the St. Denebriel’s Cathedral.

Dear Sir or Madam, or whom it may concern,

As a loyal believer in the Church of the Ethereal Sway’s life-giving nature, I would humbly request the authority to wield the name of the church on the island of Scara Brae. Though I am but a lowly noble’s third child, I yet seek influence among others and would yet hold leverage as my title would afford.

The island of Scara Brae has only a very minor representation of your humble servants, and I would like to rectify such problems.

Your loyal follower,
    Best IC thread
    I have not completed anything with this character as of yet, however I am also known as Osato and Ranger (and I have received 70+ and a single 87 in the past).

((I’m not sure if I will be allowed to both act as a noble and a member of the Ethereal Sway. If that is a problem please contact me whenever is easiest for you. I will be online much of tonight. Thank you.))

I'm Mr. White Christmas!
    GP

Name
    Ashiakin Azzarak
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0''/170lbs
    Job
    Spymaster

Deadnight Warrior and Calaelen are approved as Acolytes and presented with pairs of CES boots and gloves. I'll have a CES mission up ASAP.

GP

Name
    Séreméla Carnesîr Baxter
    Race
    Elf/Human
    Hair Color
    Jet black with crimson red streaks
    Eye Color
    Bright blue with crimson red outlining
    Build
    5'6" 100 lbs.
    Job
    Magical Archer

Yeah, I just kinda read and reread millions of times the church and the estate...I think my character would fit better in the church, rather than the estate, especially with what I am planning to do with that quest I am doing in Knife's Edge, which I need to discuss with you whenever you get a chance...sorry for the inconvience but I would like to move to the church.
    Level 0

Happiness Before Heartache

Spy Vs. Spy

The Journey for the Eternal Tap

The truth is simple...the power most seek can be found within themselves. Those who seek absolute power are fools. And in the end we all pay a price for our actions with out escape...

Book 1: The Book of Beginnings
    Cho-Ko-Nus...currently owe 1300 gold

GP

Name
    Vaan Migard
    Race
    Guardian
    Hair Color
    Gold
    Eye Color
    Gold/Black
    Build
    Tall, light

Character Name:Vaan Migard
    Salvar Reputation:0
    Reason for Joining:He has never known religion before, but likes the order and discipline of the church and their effective adminstration of justice.
    Best IC Thread:None so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast