Build
    5'4"/Average
    Job
    Chronicler

View Profile

Post The Chronicle 11/7

November 7, 2012

Adventurer's Crown Winner: Sagequeen
    Huge congrats to our latest tournament winner Sagequeen, as well as honorable mentions for our three other finalists for their great work! Learn about the AC and read the winning thread here.

Commercial Contest
    The winner of our Althanas Commercial Contest has been announced! Read about it here.

Halloween Horror Contest
    In the spirit of the season, Althanas member Christoph independently ran a horror-genre writing contest. The deadline has passed, but you can read the entries here.

Unfortunate Member News
    We recently received news that longtime user and past staff member Lord Anglekos has passed away. Althanas sends our best wishes to his friends and family and will remember him fondly for his great contributions to this community.

Other Website Updates
    • We are now using a new service for our chat that includes exciting features such as showing the number of current chatters next to the navigation link, as well as a list of who's in there provided in the footer of the forum under the list of online users. Be advised that the number only updates every ten minutes. If you have any technical difficulties or would like to request a mobile-accessible version, we have a troubleshooting thread going here.
    • Learn about the new OOC-oriented currency system, Althanas Points.
    • If the "View Profile" link below your avatar isn't working, learn how to fix it here.

Connect with Althanas
    Do you use social media? Althanas is on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. Add us! Even if you're not a regular Tumblr user, we suggest bookmarking our blog anyhow. There are regular features of recently judged threads, member interviews, and more.
    Last edited by Luned; 11-07-12 at 08:53 PM.

Throbbing Member
    EXP: 101,041, Level: 13
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next level: 2,959
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,959
    GP

Name
    Godhand Striker
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Prematurely Gray
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    6'2"/205lbs
    Job
    Wine collector

Hey, it's been a while. I'm not sure whether I'm breaking some sort of etiquette here by posting on a news thing but it's not locked so, well... What do you mean Anglekos passed away? What happened?
    "I almost shook his hand but then I remembered I killed a man."
    -Camus, The Stranger

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
    -Denis Diderot

"But I can smile...And I can smile while I kill..."
    -King Ricardo

"I know this is going to sound like a joke but I am deadly serious: I didn't know it was jubilee week."
    -Johnny Rotten

Meet Mr. Man/My Inventory/Almost Great

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    We don't have many details, but we were contacted by his significant other on our facebook page, telling us that he had died. Anglekos was a great roleplayer and a good friend, and he will be sorely missed. If you have any other questions, Godhand, shoot me an IM and I'll catch you up to speed.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.