Hair Color
    Auburn
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    5 foot 11 inches --- weightless

View Profile

Helios

Helios is a corrupt planet where the strict government keep the planets' inhabitants under their control. Any wrong turn or any missed payment, means no heat or energy to keep your home a safe haven.

Helios relies on the power of the sun to power and control everything. The government is the only ones that control the flow of this power and where it goes. My plan is to make a few characters, or maybe just one, and tell a story where they try to overturn the government to try to make things more fair.

Here are some pictures I borrowed from deviant art to describe things.

Here is a picture of someone that does not follow the governments' demands or pay their dues:

As you can see ... everything is encased in hard ice and snow are there are no adequate heat sources.

Here is a picture of one of the rich parts of the planet that follow the demands of the government so you get a good contrast:

As for the government, they are stationed in a massive spaceship (SUPER SIZED, like super big and protected) that govern the power of their sun to distribute where and when they want:

Last, but not least ... here is a picture of their sun that they take their only resource from:

I plan to have their sun become unstable somehow, or start becoming unstable from over consumption of it's power.

What does everyone think?

MOST likely this will all be solo stuff, but I might change my opinion.
    Last edited by TheOnlyGhost; 02-23-13 at 09:55 PM.

EXP: 1,030, Level: 1
    Level completed: 52%, EXP required for next level: 970
    Level completed: 52%,
    EXP required for next level: 970
    GP

Name
    Isylle
    Race
    Greater Fairy
    Hair Color
    Auburn
    Eye Color
    Green / Red
    Build
    5'7" / 137 lbs
    Job
    Gardener

View Profile
    This idea is basically indistinguishable from "space aliens enslave the earth" because the proposed 'government' has no non-official interaction with the world's populace.

The other problem is that you have no way of justifying NEEDING the spaceship-supplied energy. The people must have evolved on the planet, so they are able to survive just fine without any technology whatsoever. So there's nothing preventing the people whose power went off to go feral.

Additionally, there's nothing other than active enforcement to prevent people from stealing power from each other (it is technically simple to steal beamed energy with rectennas). That seems to be the most promising source of conflict.

ברוך אתה אדוני אלוהינו
    EXP: 9,299, Level: 4
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 4,701
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,701
    GP

Name
    Alma Waterstone
    Race
    Human (Q'Doshi Sinai)
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Russet
    Build
    5'4" / 129 lb.
    Job
    Witch

View Profile
    I'm in agreement with Isylle. Plus, rectennas sound dirty.
    Current Threads
    Clean and Clear (Solo)

Recently Finished Threads
    Through Forge and Flame (Solo, 77)
    The Rubric: Remeberin Garthabel (1)
    The Memory Man (Closed to Ataraxis, Twylith, and Chucklecut, 68)
    The Fated Embrace (Closed to Vortimo, NSFW, 51)

There are still ways to make this work, but you need to rethink on the history of the planet. What you have there is more suitable as a prison planet scenario. The dirtsiders were ferried there as criminals by their home government, like a sort of space-Australia, never to return. The big ship is full of the prison wardens whose job was to keep them alive but contained. This gets rid of the "going feral" bit. The planet is cold and generally inhospitable to the inmates.

A revolution in distant worlds caused governmental collapse and oversight was removed from the prison facility. With a lack of funding, it had to find some way to keep itself afloat. Now it sells itself as a illegal reality show selling to the seedier side of the galactic audience, where the spaceship broadcasts all the dirtsiders all the time using camera drones. Taxes, turn off power, etc.

Additionally, the native flora on the planet are thoroughly inedible (different protein chirality, for example), so the prison wardens supply all the food as they see fit.