EXP: 23,049, Level: 6
    Level completed: 44%, EXP required for next level: 3,951
    Level completed: 44%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,951
    GP

Name
    stupid requirement

Valley of the Golden Lily: Gift of Air

(This is now closed to Musashi. If you're still interested, be on the look out for the next part!)

Three days' journey south of Corone lies the tropical island nation of Moriah. It is a relatively small nation having only two main cities. It is protected by high, sheer cliffs with only one narrow passage on the northeast corner granting access to the land. This passage is referred to as the Cliff Gates and opens onto Hamasha Bay. The weather here is usually warm, but not oppressively hot. The land is fertile and a large jungle grows at the far west and south of the island.

The people here are descended from both humans and elves, though all races are welcome to make their home here. They are ruled by a kind king and his queen along with the Council of Lords. However, all of this is merely background information of minor importance.

This story centers around King Eric's younger sister, Jasmine, and her husband Zerith Dracosius, Captain Commander of the Moriah's military and second only to the king. At one time he served as a general of the Ixian Knights, but those days are long past. Jasmine and Zerith left Corone after Sei's war was ended to return home and raise their three children. It has now been about 15 and half years since they left Corone.

Our story today begins not on a dark and stormy night, but on a bright, sunny afternoon in early summer...
    Last edited by Jasmine; 11-10-13 at 04:32 AM.

GP

Name
    stupid requirement

Jasmine's light blue dress swished across the carpet softly as she paced back and forth in the sitting room. Her long, black hair hung loose down her back, flaring out a bit each time she turned. She held tightly to herself with her arms crossed in a self-hug as she chewed at her lower lip in worry.

On the couch behind her sat her three children. The oldest, 17 year old Siela, looked as worried as her mother. Her younger brothers, twins Zevernus and Aiden, were doing their best not to look worried. Being only 15 years old, they were failing miserably. The teenagers looked at their mother pacing then at each other. Finally, Siela spoke up.

"Mother, please stop pacing. You're making us more more nervous."

Jasmine stopped at the sound of her daughter's voice. She had not realized she was pacing at all. Trying to smile encouragingly, she made herself let go and relax her arms.

"I'm sorry, Sweetie. I-I'm just so worried about your father," her voice wavered slightly, on the verge of tears.

Zevernus, the elder twin, stood and walked around the couch to hug his mother. He and his twin were already taller than Jasmine. Though not yet as tall as their father, their shoulders were nearly as broad as Zerith's. Zevernus was the more sensitive of the two, while Aiden was more brash. The young man held his mother close as she buried her face against his chest.

"We know, Mom. We're worried, too. But pacing is only making you worry more. The healers in there are the best that can be found short of the Ai'bron monks. They'll take care of Dad and you'll have worried so much for nothing."

He paused to pull back just enough to look down into his mother's red-rimmed eyes.

"He'll be okay. Now, come sit down and have a cup of tea. I'm sure a healer will be out soon to tell us what's going on with Dad."

Jasmine couldn't help but smile a tiny bit. Her children always tried to take car of her. Nodding, she let Zevernus lead her to the couch and took a cup of tea from Aiden.

A few minutes that seemed like years later, the head healer came out. She motioned for Jasmine to join her. Once out of earshot of the teens the healer took Jasmine's hands in her own.

"Lady Jasmine, I'm afraid there is nothing more I can do. Nothing we do helps. I am sorry, but we can not heal your husband. We are not even sure what is ailment is."

Jasmine stared in stunned silence for a few seconds. This was not what she'd been expecting to hear.

"Is...is there nothing we can do?"

The old healer sighed, "There is one possibility, but it is not guaranteed as it is based on a legend. There is an Oracle that knows all there is to know. She can answer any question that a seeker may have. She lives in the Valley of the Golden Lily. Legend says that if you bring three beautiful gifts of air, earth, and water, she will answer three questions. If the legend is true, she will be able to tell you what is wrong with Zerith and how to cure it."

Jasmine nodded, already planning what she would need to pack.

"What kind of gifts do I need and where is this valley?"

"I know only that the gifts must be living things and that they must still be alive when you bring them to her. As for the valley, I would begin searching in Akashima as that is the birthplace of the legend."

"And Zerith?"

The healer squeezed Jasmine's hands, "We will use our magic to keep him in a peaceful sleep. He will not worsen while he sleeps, but we can only manage it for four months. After that I can not be sure how long he will live."

Jasmine nodded once more and steeled herself as she returned to her children.

"Siela, Zevernus, Aiden, we have much to talk about..."
    Last edited by Jasmine; 07-31-13 at 06:37 PM.

EXP: 1,780, Level: 1
    Level completed: 89%, EXP required for next level: 220
    Level completed: 89%,
    EXP required for next level: 220
    GP

Name
    Sirius
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Crimson, greying slightly
    Eye Color
    Shiny red
    Build
    6'2"/Medium Build
    Job
    Warrior

View Profile
    The man who waited at the edge of the jungle had his swords at the ready. He had been looking for something to do ever since leaving the Door. He had been dropped off on this island. They had a thick jungle. He stood leaning against a tree… For now he just waited for the girl who was going to meet him. Or so he thought.

He smirked lightly, and started running a mental list of the stuff he would need at pick up the next town he went to after this damn island. He turned around at the sound of dirt crunching and saw two animals padding along the trail behind him, Maybe hunting, maybe migrating, who knows? He would have to ask the girl about the species around this island. But that was for another day.

“Well, I see she might be a bit late, so, I guess there’s nothing to do but wait.”

He pulled out a black puzzle cube from the satchel on his side and started twisting and pressing at various points, trying to solve the unsolvable. He had arrived here from the Door, the magical realm next to Althanas where he had been reborn for some time through hundreds of lives. He had seen so many worlds in that black, featureless room, that contained only a chair, and the doorknob that floated in midair, the handle to a door that lead to the new land he was sent to at the start of every new life It wasn’t much, but it was something and somewhere he could go when his old form dies and he was born again. Anew.

“So I wait for a nobody in this somber place, doing everything, and wanting it all, but getting only thanks…”
    Last edited by Krausus; 08-20-13 at 06:25 PM.
    “I don't hate you.. I just don't like that you exist”
    ― Gena Showalter, Seduce the Darkness

Threads-Legacies Unfolded, Pasts Recovered

GP

Name
    stupid requirement

Jasmine tapped her chin as she thought carefully about the items laid out on her bed. After explaining to her children that she was going on a journey to the Valley of the Golden Lily to ask help of the Oracle, she had immediately gone to the room she shared with Zerith and begun to pack. On the bed lay her mythril shirt, a few changes of her standard dark blue travel dress, her sword, two daggers, and an empty satchel to carry clothing and food.

“A gift each of air, earth, and water,” she said, thinking aloud, “and they must all be living things. Air...a bird perhaps? There are many beautiful birds in the jungle. I am not supposed to go in often, but I will have to risk the other tribes' wrath. I will need a cage then, too, I suppose.”

Sighing, the princess left her room to seek out a cage that would hold one of the Nadai Jungle's colorful birds. She did not like the idea of taking the creature from its home, but Zerith was more important. She had thought she lost him once before when she was pregnant with Siela and that had been nearly unbearable. A necromancer had brought her former enemy, Montego back from the dead. Montego then proceeded to try to reclaim the throne, starting with tossing Zerith from the top of the Cliff Gates to get him out of the way. She refused to allow herself to think about how it would be if she lost him for good.

While Jasmine planned for her journey, in another part of the castle Siela, ZJ, and AJ all sat together. The news that their father could not be healed had hit them hard. They had fully expected the healers to be able to bring their father back or that they would at least be able to tell what was wrong. The fact that the most skilled healer in the land could not figure it out was very disheartening.

Of course, when Jasmine explained that she would be going to see the Oracle, they all wanted to go with her. Jasmine, however, insisted that they all stay here. The journey would be hard and she did not want to have to worry about her children on their first foray into the world on top of caring for living creatures and worry about her husband.

“I'm going to follow her,” Siela said as she got to her feet. “I am not going to sit here helplessly at home while she goes off by herself.”

“But Mom said – “

“I know what she said ZJ!” Siela turned on the elder of her younger brother. “You two should stay here. Just in case Dad wakes so he will have some family around him. You know how much he'd hate it if he woke up and we were all off somewhere without him.”

AJ spoke up then, “Now wait just a moment, why do you get to go and we have to stay? We're bigger and stronger than either you or Mom. If any of us should go anyway, it should be me or Zev or both of us, not you.”

Zevernus nodded his agreement and opened his mouth to speak up, but Siela spoke first.

“Because, Aiden, I'm the oldest. Mom and I can communicate telepathically so we won't have to speak out loud in dangerous situations. I can provide ranged support, which neither of you can. And because with Mom leaving and Dad so sick, that makes me in charge of the family and as temporary head, I say you're staying here.”

The twins looked at each other then sighed in unison. Zevernus slid his hand through his chestnut brown hair, “Fine, we'll stay here, but on one condition.”

“What's that?”

“That you agree to let me send Skye back and forth between us so you can keep us updated on how things are going, and we'll do the same.”

Siela nodded, “That's fine. I should go pack. Mom is not going to like this, but once we've set out she won't be able to easily send me home.”

Their decisions made, the teenagers split up. ZJ and AJ went to go let their frustrations out in training and sparring. Siela went to go pack for her journey to follow Jasmine and force her to let her daughter help.

About another hour later, Jasmine slipped out a little used side gate from the palace. The public had not been made aware of Zerith's illness. However, most people knew her face and would often stop to chat with her about life in general. Jasmine felt that she had no time for that. She'd explained her mission to her brother and sister-in-law briefly, then set out. If she hurried she could be at the edge of the jungle by sunset.

Siela followed her mother out of the same gate, but then took her own path through Nadai. There was only one gate on the side of the city that faced the jungle. It would be most likely for her mother to go there, so Siela saw no reason to risk discovery before she even got out of the city. In the palace she had been dressed in a gown of light green, as was expected of her. But like her mother, she had a much more efficient mode of dress that she greatly preferred. She wore a sleeveless, medium-green tunic with a white leggings and black knee high boots. At her hip hung an enchanted quiver, full of arrows. Opposite that hip she wore a long dagger. Her bow hung around her body, leaving her hands free.

“Fancy see you out here, Cousin.”

Lost in her thoughts, Siela jumped slightly as she was joined by her cousin, Prince Dylan. The heir to the Morian throne was a foot taller than she clad in a simple peasant's tunic and trousers. Though he was quite slim, his muscles were well toned. Dark brown hair hung over his grey eyes that sparkled with mischief. He was not supposed to be out and about without his guard, but had apparently given them slip...again.

“Me? You're the one who's not supposed to go anywhere without a guard, Dylan.”

He laughed, “True, but that's not what I meant.” His tone became more serious as he continued in a low voice so others would not overhear. “If it were me, I'd still be in the palace watching over him.”

Siela looked up at her cousin. Four years older than her, he had always been somewhat protective of his only female cousin. She gave him a half-smile, “If it were you, you'd be worried that you'd have to step up before your next birthday.”

“I'm being serious, Siela. I saw Aunty Jas leave, too. What are you up to?”

“Fine, I'm following her. Well, I will be once she leaves the city. She's on a journey to collect a few things to take to an oracle. Supposedly the oracle can tell us what's wrong with Dad and how to heal him. Mom wanted us to stay behind, but I'm going to follow her anyway. I don't want her doing this alone.”

The prince was silent for a moment as he took the information in, “Does anyone know you're doing this? I assume you told your brothers?”

“They know; they don't like it either. They wanted to come, but I insisted they stay behind, just in case Dad wakes up. You're the only other one. You know as well as I do that if your dad or mom either one knew what I was up to, I wouldn't be able to step foot into the gardens alone, let alone get out of the city. Once I'm gone, my brothers will probably tell Uncle Eric what I'm doing. By that time, it will be too late to send me home. ZJ and I will be keeping in touch through Skye.”

“Are you sure about this, Siela? Don't look at me like that! I'm just making sure you've thought it through. Much as I joke around, I'm worried about Uncle Z, too. I just don't want to have to worry about my cousin, too.”

Siela smiled at that and gave him hug, “You don't need to worry about me, Dylan. Worry about whatever gets in the way of Mom and me finding what we need.”

Dylan chuckled as he returned her hug. “All right, just be careful out there, Cousin.”

“I will be, give my love to Uncle and Aunty.”

The cousins parted ways then. The gate was just ahead and as Siela looked, Jasmine stepped through and onto the road beyond. The road lead out for about a mile before coming to a “T”. The roads then led off to various villages. From that spot, Siela would have to be sure to keep her mother in her sights and join her at the jungle's edge. As much as Siela wanted to stay undiscovered, she was not willing to enter the jungle without her mother.

Jasmine took one last deep breath and glanced at the city behind her, “Hold on, Zerith. Whatever it is, keep fighting it...” Determinedly, she set forth down the road headed straight for the Nadai Jungle.

GP

Name
    Sirius
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Shiny red
    Build
    6'2"/Medium Build
    Job
    Warrior

View Profile
    I hope the minor bunny is ok. And yea. He carries like 20 puzzle cubes on his person.
    As Sirius leaned against his tree, a girl stalked down the road, looking quite annoyed, and yet sad. She walked on, and he stepped into the path, frowning.

"Are you the one that was sent out to see me off. Due, well, earlier? If not, may i join you? I grow tired of waiting for a pointless thing.

She stopped for a second, looking at him contemplatively and staring him down. He leaned against he tree, and then stuffed his hand into his bag and took out yet another puzzle cube. He smirked as he quickly manuvered it almost open and then it caught. He pressed a catch and it clanked open.

"I need an answer miss. Do get back to me soon. I shall be here. No need to shout at me either. So, do hurry. I would like to be some way in by nightfall. And that will not happen on the present course. So, speak up!"

GP

Name
    stupid requirement

Jasmine was in no mood for company. The hot summer sun bore down on her as she made her way to the jungle. She was not exactly looking forward to this trip. It was hot enough out here under the open sky, but at least there was a solid breeze to cool the skin. Within the jungle, though it would be shady, the trees that provided that shade were thick enough to also trap that warm air. The jungle was very muggy during summer and Jasmine was not looking forward to having to trek through it. There was also the deal of having to come out of the jungle with one of the birds.

As far as she knew, no one had ever caught and kept any of the wild animals in the jungle. The docile residents like the many tropical birds or non-poisonous reptiles and amphibians were usually permitted to go through a person's home as they wished, but none had ever been trapped. It was most certain that none had ever been taken out of the jungle before. That worried her more than the prospect of dealing with the heat and humidity. How would she ever get the okay to capture one of the jungle's denizens and take it off to a distant land on the hopes that an old tale of an oracle were actually true?

The presence of another person at the edge of the jungle surprised the young woman. She had seen the man waiting by the edge of the jungle as soon as she crested the last small rise in the plains between the jungle and Nadai, but had paid him no heed. If the fool wanted to hang around at the edge of the jungle, that was his business. She would have continued on had he not addressed her.

“Well, aren't you the impatient one? I have no idea what you're talking about, sir. I wasn't sent to anyone. Quite honestly, I'm a little surprised to find anyone out here. Most people won't go near this jungle. The natives aren't exactly friendly and take protection of the jungle border very seriously. It's not unheard of for people to go missing whose only crime was to be close to the edge. If want to be somewhere by nightfall, the nearest city is Nadai. It's about a two and a half hour hour walk from here, straight east. There are a number of inns and taverns there if you are looking for shelter. As for joining me, why should I allow that? My journey is one of extreme personal importance.”

While she spoke with the stranger, Siela came close enough to hear them. She stopped there and waited. She needed to think through what she was going to say to her mother when she approached her in a few minutes. She'd been thinking about it for the past two hours, but had yet to come up with something that sounded good. Perhaps this new guy's reasons for joining her mother would giver her an idea of what to say.

About twenty feet into the jungle, three pairs of eyes watched as the Mori and human spoke. Jasmine was recognized, but the human was not. The men were well camouflaged, hidden to all eyes except another jungle-dweller. While two of them watched the man and woman, the third noticed and pointed out Siela. The lass was also a stranger to these three, but they immediately saw the resemblance between her and Jasmine.

The men did not speak as they looked at each other. The fingers of their hands flashed rapidly in a language of signs as they discussed what they would do next. The leader of the hunting party “spoke” first.

Jasmine is an adopted daughter of our tribe. She is not to be harmed. The other woman is related to her, she is also not to be harmed. The man is a stranger. What do you think we should do?

Kill him.

The response from the other two came in quick unison. Strangers were not permitted within the jungle. The man was lucky that it was not the Namese tribe that had seen him. They would have killed him without even giving him a chance to leave the area. He'd have never known they were even there.
    The leader frowned, We are not Namese. He has asked to join Jasmine on her trip. I say, if she allows this he is permitted to stay with her. Should he stray from her side however...

The two younger men scowled then nodded their acceptance.

If he strays from her side, he will be dealt with accordingly. Do we let them know we are here?

No, we will follow and see if Jasmine follows the protocol. Do not reveal yourselves until she has reached the Clearing. Even Namese won't dare to bother her there. We will find out then what her purpose is in coming here and the identity of her companions.

Nodding, the three men returned to watching the people at the edge of their jungle. Like Jasmine, they waited for the man's answers to her question.

GP

Name
    Sirius
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Shiny red
    Build
    6'2"/Medium Build
    Job
    Warrior

View Profile
    To save you trouble. Thank you. And sorry.
    Sirius looked around, and frowned. He turned east, towards the setting sun, and started walking then stopped for a second. With a sharp movement he drew one of his swords and carved a quick inscription on a nearby tree. It read "Sirius. Talk to me later."

"Never mind that. I have no need for a companion. I have business in Alerar."

Sirius turned away, smirking as he pulled out a toothpick and rolled it into the corner of his mouth. He walked forward, continuing his course on the road, making an edit here and there to make sure he kept easterly. He continued to walk, and somehow. He lasted the two day trip back to the city, and from some mountain of chance, he found the port, and boarded a ship to Alerar...
    Last edited by Krausus; 08-27-13 at 04:10 PM.

GP

Name
    stupid requirement

Jasmine watched, inwardly seething as he carelessly cut into the tree with his weapon, as the man walked back up the way she had come. She was glad to see him go and hoped he would continue on and find someone else to bother. As he disappeared beyond a distant rise, her eyes suddenly narrowed.

“Siela Marie Dracosius, here. Now.”

Siela cringed inwardly at the icy tone in her mother's voice. Still, she knew better than to tarry when her mother called like that. Taking a deep breath to steady her nerves, she walked quickly to stand in front of Jasmine.

“And just what is it that you think you are doing?”

Siela bit back the smart-alack answer that was on the tip of her tongue. Instead, she kept her tone calm and confident. “My brothers and I decided that we did not want you to do this alone. As the eldest I took it upon myself to follow you. They wanted to come as well, but I insisted they stay home with Father. I am sorry for disobeying you, Mother.”

Jasmine lips pursed as her blue eyes darkened. It was not like her daughter to disobey a direct order like she had been given. The mother in Jasmine was understandably very angry at the blatant disobedience Siela had exhibited. However, the adventurer within her was secretly glad that her daughter was boldly trying to do what she believed was right, even though she'd been given strict directions to stay home.

At this point in time, it was getting too close to dark for Jasmine to send her daughter home. Of course, Jasmine did not believe for an instant that Siela would do such a thing even if she tried to give such an order. Her daughter was as stubborn as she was. She had already come this far against her mother's wishes; it would not be likely that the teen would change her mind now. Jasmine kept her angry glare for a moment longer then sighed as she let her arms drop to her sides.

“Fine, but you must stay close to me. Keep an arrow nocked, but not drawn. We are heading to a special clearing first. It's a safe haven within the jungle. From there we will wait to be approached.”

Siela nodded, quite relieved that her mother had not launched into a tirade. “What happens then?”

“Well, hopefully, they let me explain the situation and allow me to go find a bird. I remember, vaguely, a place that always had many beautiful birds. We will probably need a guide though since it's been so long.”

Jasmine turned and looked between the trees of the vast jungle. She was not too keen on taking her daughter in there. However, she was well aware of Siela's archery proficiency. She loosened her sword in its scabbard and stepped forward.

“Come along, Siela. We need to reach that haven before it gets much later.”

Two of the three hunters watched as Siela and Jasmine passed them and headed into the jungle. The youngest was still staring after the man that had dared to carve a message on one of their trees. He had almost run after the man, but the other two held him back from such foolishness. Ramah shared the youth's outrage at the stranger's actions, but there was little use in chasing after a man that was leaving. Instead, he went to the tree and laid both hands upon it and began to murmur aloud in his native tongue.

“O, Great Nalith, Beloved Mother of All, grant to me healing virtue that I may mend the hurt upon your child.”**

He repeated the prayer twice more before a soft, white glow began to emanate from his hands and flow into the tree. When he pulled his hands away, the message that had been cut into the tree was so completely erased, it was as though it had never existed. Satisfied that the harm done to the tree was undone, Ramah quickly led the way into the jungle. While they wouldn't reveal themselves until they reached the clearing, he and his hunting party would still make sure that Jasmine and her daughter reached it alive and well.

((** translated for ease of reading ))

EXP: 2,440, Level: 2
    Level completed: 15%, EXP required for next level: 2,560
    Level completed: 15%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,560
    GP

Name
    Musashi Mitsuru
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Brown w/ Green

View Profile
    Musashi's rush to get around was all too often his downfall. At home it had cost him lessons and duals, which were more acceptable in the theoretical world of education and shildhood but much less so in the fields of growth and reality. For example; in the theoretical world, brash mistakes would cause an hours tutalige or another round. In the real world such mistakes would lead to death. Or being on the wrong boat set for, instead of a bustling capital of the nearby land mass, A small island region known as Moriah.

The creaky passanger boat, which Musashi had been too eager to board also proved another difference between reality and the life of learning he had left behind.

He was not good with waves.

Aside from making the journey simply unpleasant, they served no other purpose, up and down was all they did. Apparently they did not even push a vessel along with them. An answer that was given after a minite or something of confused staring. Dizzy, and looking over the wooden railing of the rocking ship, this particular passanger felt his thoughts drift back to home, the ease and comfort of it was calling, begging him to return.

Or perhaps it was the other way around.
    --------
    It had taken Musashi about a day and a half of restless travel to reach Nadai, a large city by any standard the he could define.

After the boat had docked the plan was to leave on the next one. After that was revealed to be a few days away Musashi had finally stopped to think. When the wind had wrapped around him and the sun shone gently, the Ronin had decided to take a walk. Nadai had just happened to be a good choice, It was a tropical island after all so anyone visiting should also visit the tropical parts. Any less would simply be rude.

The town of Nadai was nice, Quiet and the people seemed friendly.

Musashi rented a room for the night and chose to stock up on water and food, in case anything happened, drawing litle attention to himself while he walked the streets for the rest of the day and slept well during the night.

as the sun rose the swordsman rose with it, dressed and collected the items he planned to take with him. Katana and wakizashi were bound to his hip while water and food were stored in a small bag slung over both shoulders, heavy, but not cumbersome or awkward, they wouldn't prove a problem on the hike he was planning to take today.

With everything packed and ready, it was time to go. The jungle was not too far and the journey would prove some distraction to the wait for transport. Maybe he would even learn something today.Maybe not but as Musashi left the inn, passing a rather bored looking gent on the edge of the forest, approaching a nearby female, he knew that today at least was a day to forget about everything and to let go of anticipation and worry.

He entered the forest, the heat building as the canopy above held the wind at bay. After five minutes or so there was a distinct sound of someone approaching behind him, instantly turning around ready with his hand on the hilt of his blade he called out.

"Who's following me?"
    Last edited by Musashi; 10-13-13 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Correcting the size class of Nadai
    Bother no one
    If someone bothers you, ask them to stop.
    If he does not stop,
    destroy him.

Super secret club house

GP

Name
    stupid requirement

Jasmine halted and held up a cautionary hand to Siela at the sound of the stranger's voice. She rested one hand on the leather-wrapped hilt of her sword as she continued forward.

“Who is there? This jungle is not safe for travelers.”

Siela followed her mother, ready to draw and release the arrow resting on the string at a moment's notice.

Both women stopped when they came in sight of the newcomer to their island home. It took Jasmine a minute to recognize the loose, flowing robes the man wore. That along with the cloth wrapped around his feet gave the princess an idea of why the man was in this jungle. Siela, of course, had no clue and kept her arrow pointed squarely at the man's chest. At this range, she would not be likely to miss should he prove to be an enemy.

Jasmine let out a huff and relaxed, “It's okay, Siela, just another foolish adventurer. We have nothing to fear from Akashimen. Though what such a man is doing so far from home is a mystery to me.”

She looked around listening to the sounds of the jungle. Bird calls from high in the trees filled the air, but nothing stuck out to her as being abnormal. That was a good sign.

“I am Jasmine Dracosius, this is my daughter, Siela. I don't know who you are or how you've managed to get so far unharmed, but you should stay close to me. There is a clearing just a little further ahead where we can talk more freely and safely. You can explain there. The inhabitants of this jungle are not exactly friendly to strangers.”

Without giving him much room for argument, Jasmine pressed on with Siela right behind her. She was willing to help the man as much as she could, but she was not going to stand around explaining things when there was a safe haven ten minutes away.

Now that they were deeper in the jungle, several more pairs of eyes watched the intruders. More than a few them hoped the Akashiman would not follow the black-haired woman. It was well-known, even amongst the other tribes, that she was to be allowed free travel at least as far as the Clearing. As long as she and hers stayed on the established path they were safe. Should that foreigner choose a different path they were ready to deal with him as they normally dealt with any other intruder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast