Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile

Turning Point!

Solo Quest only, Criticism is welcomed in my Inbox
    Adonis stumbled through the doors at the local tavern. He had no idea where he was, all he knew is that it was a bastion of hope for him. He had been lost for hours within a dense forest that seemed to mess with his senses. The disoriented and injured Mage clambered into a corner booth and as the bartender poured him an ale. Adonis sighed as the bartender put the mug down on the table. Adonis used his magic and pulled the mug across the table into his hand. The tavern became silent as they saw a injured man slide a drink towards him with a twitch of a finger. He was a mess, his hair was messy and knotted, his face was covered in scratches, blood splattered all over it, and his shirt was ripped. As always Kit, His pet Fox, was in perfect condition sitting on His shoulder trying to help nurse some of the wounds on his face.

Adonis looked around the tavern and saw everyone glaring at him. He might of been over thinking things but it seemed like they were glares of hatred and resentment. His eyes darted to an older gentlemen at the bar as he slowly got up and approached Adonis and Kit in their corner booth.

"Your one of them their fanceh mages aren't ya?" The older Gentlemen said as he sat down across from Adonis

"If you can call me that. I am not a typical mage." Adonis grumbled as he stared into his mug of Ale before taking another sip. Kit had begun growling and was hiding behind Adonis's neck.

"Look's like yo'r little friend 'ere doesn't care for me to much." The older gentlemen remarked as he nodded towards the frightened Fox.

"Kit? She doesn't like most people, don't pay her no mind, we are use to the forest. You just smell different to her." Adonis stated as he finished his drink. With a snap of his fingers he sent it back to the bar to. "Can I get a large meal for two? I haven't eaten a real meal in days"

The bartender behind the Counter scowled for a moment before realizing the coinpurse at the wounded Mage's side. "Certainly sir, and not to worry you came in at an opportune time, Ale is on the house tonight." The bartender said as she looked over at the older gentlemen that sat across from Adonis and smirked. Adonis' attention quickly snapped down to the cut on the back of his hand as it started to sting.

"Kit?" Adonis started as he moved his hand to Kit's head and gently scratched the top of her head. In doing so he revealed his severely injured hand to the gentlemen across the table. "Want anything to drink?"

"The names Archibald, but people around here just call me Archie." Archie interjected cutting the conversation short. "What's your story? How did you get so injured?" The gentlemen across the table asked as he put his hands together steepling his fingers together and leaning in.

"The name is Adonis, I got lost in the dense woods around these parts. Soon we were set upon by these impish harpie things... no matter how many I knocked unconscious more kept coming. They only stopped following me once I was clear of the Forest's edge." Adonis flinched as he quickly clasped his right shoulder.

"How many did you knock unconscious?" Archie asked as the bartender brought over the food, two Full chickens cooked rotisserie style as well as various veggies and some gravy as well as some cream for kit, she also nodded at Archie and walked back to the bar and started washing mugs.

Adonis hadn't taken a real look at the Bartender until now. She was a burly woman, she looked more manly then any other man in the bar. Adonis wasn't sure if she was as brutish as she appeared until she spat inside one of the mugs and proceeded to give it a good wash. he stopped drinking his Ale and looked inside his mug, slowly swallowed, then continued drinking.

"I lost count after a dozen or so, Kit dig in, I know your thirsty!" Adonis moved the saucer of cream closer to Kit as well as some stray pieces of chicken. Adonis looked down at his food and quite rapidly ripped off a chicken leg and started to consume at an alarming rate, he forgot all about his upbringing with how hungry he was. "Are those flying hell-spawn usually around these parts?" Adonis inquired as he ripped off another chicken leg and began digging into that one.

"They have always remained dormant, but lately they have attacked anyone who get's too close to the village. in fact the last visitor went missing shortly after she arrived. we expect the creatures to be behind it." Archie said as he scratched the scruff on his chin.

"I would like to investigate and find out why these creatures are attacking people. They could of killed me if I wasn't so accustomed to Forests." He took another bite and cleared his mouth before speaking "After all, it's kind of what I do, I am a problem solver" Archie smiled and nodded his head as he watched Adonis finish the first chicken and start working on the second.

Adonis was starting to feel rather perculiar. His head was throbbing, the world was spinning, he was beginning to have a hard time breathing, and he could no longer close his hand to hold onto a chicken leg. The piece of chicken he had in his hand's fell onto the table. Adonis tried to stand up, only to fall back down into his seat. His leg's had gone numb, he used what magic he could to strengthen his legs as he went to stand up again.

"If you will excuse me, i need to go lay down" Adonis slurred as he collapsed onto the floor as he managed to stand, only to collapse a second later.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Adonis' eye's slowly crept open as he finally began to achieve consciousness again. Where ever he was, it was pitch black, he couldn't see a thing. the smell of blood lingered in the air and the sound of water droplets splashing in a puddle could be heard echoing through out the room. Adonis tried to move his arms and legs but realized they were shackled and chained up to something. Adonis began to Panic and tried to focus some magic so he could get out of where ever he was. he stopped moving when he realized he couldn't use his magic, the only thing that he was useful for. He was having a hard time fighting back tears, all he wanted to do was break down and cry.

"Kit?! where are ya boy?!" Adonis cried out terrified. A weak whimper could be heard from a short distance away, barely audible.

"Ah, so you have awoken have you Mage? Tell me, are you having a hard time summoning forth Magic?" A familiar voice cackled.
    Last edited by Solar Haven; 02-25-16 at 10:24 AM.

EXP: 2,400, Level: 2
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 2,600
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,600
    GP

Name
    Adonis Michael Cedric Cannon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile
    Adonis Gasped in pain as he felt a resounding punch hit his stomach. "Who the fuck?!"

“You mages, are nothing but scum on this planet. you all think you are better then everyone else, terrorizing innocents and killing whenever you feel like it.” The man said as his voice began to fade as if he was walking away. “Just because you have a special power doesnt mean you have to use it!”

There was a thud that echoed throughout the room followed by gasps and groans of pain. Whoever had captured Adonis had clearly kicked someone on their way passed.

“What do you want with me? I haven't dont anything to anybody! I was attacked and needed a place to rest. I even offered to help you guy's out with the problem in the forest!” Adonis cried out

“The Grigori's? No, no, you see, they are attracted to magic. I created them to hunt mages who enter our forest, Yet you brazenly entered our forest and injured countless of my children! I am going to make you suffer worse then anyone else here!” The man roared.

“Anyone else? There are others?!” Adonis asked even though he didn't want the answer

“Oh that's right, I still have you blind folded don't I?” The man said as he walked over and punched Adonis across the face before he quickly yanked the blindfold off.

“Archie!” Adonis cried out as he could finally see the figure in front of him.

“I told you didn't I? my friends call me Archie!” Archie said as he punched Adonis across the face and walked across the room stepping over bodies on the ground. Kicking a few as he went by. Archie could be heard snickering as hit each Mage.

Adonis' started to struggle as the gravity of his situation hit him. He was suspended a few feet off the ground, he couldn't summon forth magic, and there was people injured and bleeding all over the room, He was powerless to help them or even to help himself. Adonis was about to ask why he was doing these kind of thing's to innocent people. But remembered Archie's speech, he thought that mages were a plague on the planet.

“Why do you think us mages are a scum on the planet. We were given our gift for different reasons and purposes, I have never killed a single person while I have been alive, I refuse to kill. So why are you blaming me for slaughtering people just cause I want to? Clearly you havent done your research” Adonis cried out

“Oh all mages think they are superior then us common folk, But don't worry. I have made you all common folk at the moment with my own drug I have invented, it causes your magic to seep out of every pore you have, making it impossible to focus any magic anywhere.” Archie seemed quite proud of this as he grabbed and straddled a chair. “So, you don't kill anyone or anything right? Aha that is priceless, all mages do. It is the nature of their magic!”

“You are one miss informed old man, you creep!” One of the males said on the floor as he looked at Archie.

Archie's face turned to a sneer as he got up and walked to the male on the floor, taking a dagger from his back pocket.

“What was that mage? I can't hear you!” Archie said as he dragged the dagger across the man's throat severing many arteries. “Speak up would ya, I am just an old man after all.” After a few seconds of nothing but gurgling from the man on the floor Archie stood up. “Exactly what I thought 'Mage'.”
    Last edited by Solar Haven; 02-25-16 at 11:30 AM.

GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile
    Adonis quickly closed his eyes as he turned his head away from the horrific scene in front of him. He could still hear the gurgling sounds coming from the Mage on the floor. Nothing would help get that imagery out of his head.

“Why!” Adonis cried out as his mind wouldn't stop repeating the horrific image of the Mage's blood bubbling out onto the floor as the man tried to scream for help. “All he did was correct you on false information! There is nothing wrong with information! Especially when it is Correct information!”

“Information from a Mage? It is always miss leading and full of lies” Archie said as he walked over to Adonis and pushed the dagger up against his throat “Now if you want to look like your pal there on the floor, keep it up”

Adonis closed his eyes as the blade was pushed against his throat. When he realized he was going to be killed he slowly opened his eyes and saw Kit in a cage; Barely moving. “What did you do to Kit!” Adonis cried out as he balled his fists in rage, he hadn't felt this much rage since his father tried to force him to pick an innocent to kill all in the name of 'Justice'

“Who?” Archie turned around to see Adonis looking at his pet fox “Oh the door mat? Nothing, it wasn't suppose to have been affected by the nullification drug, then again I hadn't tested it on animals so no idea how it would effect them.”

“He is no Doormat!” Adonis cried out in rage as Archie shrugged and walked away. Adonis looked over at Kit and then at the bodies on the floor and then continued his pan of the room with looking to his left, a young lass was there shackled up similarly to the way he, himself, was; However, she had tears streaming down her face and her clothes were ripped and bloody, much worse then Adonis's clothing was.

Adonis looked her in the eyes and nodded, without speaking a word he was trying to tell her it would be all right. Adonis then looked over at Kit, the look in Kit's eyes shattered Adonis's heart as he was about at his breaking point. The rage inside Adonis kept building every time he looked around the room.

“Archie, Imperial's just leaving the forest, we have an hour before they get here. Clean up down there” A commanding voice ordered from above

“Shit” Archie cursed as he put his bloody dagger down and grabbed another one off of a nearby table. “Looks like I don’t get to have fun with you after all.”

“What... What are you doing?” Adonis frightenly asked as Archie quickly leapt over to another body on the floor and quickly buried the dagger into the back of the skull, Adonis and the young woman both closed their eyes quickly. Archie continued to bury the dagger in the last two skull's of the breathing Mages on the floor before standing up and sighing.

“Seeing as you were the last one to get here, I will be nice, and I will let you live the longest” Archie said as he wiped the blood off of the dagger, on the corpse of one of the mages. He started heading towards the female Mage. She started squirming and screaming for help as Archie punched her across the face and untied her shackles dropping her to the floor. “Well we do got a while before the Imperial's get here, why not have a little fun?” Archie chuckled as he straddled the females body on the floor. She started screaming even louder and tried to get away. Adonis couldn't handle this, was he really going to be forced to endure this? Was this really going to be the end for him?

“Adonis, Son” a Female voice echoed

Adonis opened his eyes abruptly and realized he was in his own inner world, he often came here when he meditated in the forest.

“Mother? Is that you?” Adonis said as he turned around to see his mother in a flowing silk gown walking towards him.

“Don't worry, I know you have a bunch of questions right now. I just needed to tell you something that I have been hoping you would figure out on your own one day. Without dark, there can be no light, without hate there can be no love, Peace can not exist without war. One cannot exist without the other, without evil, there is no good. We need to hate in order to love, we need evil to have good. I can sense the hatred welling up inside you, it is okay to hate this man for what he has done” She said as she held out her hand as if to hold Adonis's "If you didn't hate this man then you wouldn't of been able to say you loved anything. Kit and the female need you now, please help them."

Adonis begun to feel tears well up in his eyes. He had not seen or heard his mother's voice in year's and now all of a sudden here she was helping him. Adonis opened his eyes and began to see other figures slowly fade in around him and his mother, His Mother smiled.

“These are the souls of the Mages this man has killed, butchered, and tortured. If there was any man worthy for you to kill. It would be this man, he is worse then your father, there is no shame in killing someone who truly is evil and deserves it.” She continued as a few other Mages came over and put their hands on Adonis's shoulder.

“I understand,” Adonis said as he closed his eyes and removed himself from his inner world. “Thank you Mom, For everything” He said out loud.

“What are you thanking your mother for? She isn't here, and you are going to be dead shortly” Archie said as he was still wrestling with the female on the floor. "Or, is it that you have resigned yourself to defeat already?"

Adonis smirked as he felt some magic begin to return, he used his wall ability to create a spike come out of the wall and shatter his shackles, sending him to the floor. Before Archie could realize Adonis came flying over and created a un-wall in front of his foot as he kicked Archie in the ribs sending him rolling off of the female mage and into the nearby wall. The impact against the wall was so severe it caused Archie to spit out blood and gasp for air.

Adonis offered his hand to help the female mage up and quickly got between her and Archie. Adonis may not have been much of a fighter, but he wasn't out for needless violence. He was protecting, he was not going to let this man end any more lives. He had to protect Kit, this female mage, and any other unsuspecting mages that may wander into this town. His body language had changed completely. He was no longer a helpless boy, he was a protector. He stood upright, Fist's at the ready with a fierce gaze directed at Archie.

Adonis felt the female mage's eyes upon him, he nodded across the room towards Kit, refusing to take his eyes off of Archie as he slowly got up coughing, nursing where Adonis' foot had just connected with his ribs.
    Last edited by Solar Haven; 02-25-16 at 11:47 AM.

GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile
    “You little fucking brat!” Archie spat as he held the left side of his ribs. “How dare you ruin my fun!”

“You are the worst kind of scum on this continent! You attack innocent people that just happen to be wandering through the forest. You force them to come to this town for safety. You then poison their food and when they pass out you torture and kill them? I normally refuse to kill any form of intelligent life, but you don't really qualify for that now do you?” Adonis stated with conviction, his hands balled up fists in front of him. He was prepared for what would come.

Archie cocked his head to one side and opened his eyes wide “Scum? Don't really qualify? Why you poor naive fool, I am the smartest man on the continent! Who do you think developed that poison that is in your system? The world would be a much better place when you mages are gone for good!” Archie lunged at Adonis and swung his right fist, aiming for Adonis' head. Adonis blocked with his left arm and quickly punched Archie in his ribs with his right fist. Adonis aimed for the spot he had already hoofed earlier. He was trying to get the most damage out of minimal effort.

Archie shrieked and recoiled in pain as Adonis kicked Archie's left foot and took him off guard sending him falling to the floor. Just before Archie’s hands hit the floor there was a bright shimmering light followed by a small explosion. Adonis shielded his face from the debris and was quickly hit in the stomach hard, he was unsure what hit him but he doubled over in pain. He felt two hands grab his head and drag him down as a knee came up and collided with his face. There was a bone shattering crunch as pain swam around Adonis' face like an excited fish.

Adonis hit the ground and immediately curled into the fetal position while he held his face. Blood was pouring from his nose while his eyes stung so much he could barely open them. He wasn't quite sure what had happened but he looked at where he was just standing and saw Archie standing over him cracking his knuckles, wearing the creepiest grin Adonis had ever seen. When the smoke cleared all Adonis could see was the bits of debris that were flung into the air were slowly hovering all around the room.

Adonis let out a large sigh as he got to his knees. When he started to get up Archie kicked him hard in his side, sending him spinning across the room. Adonis' world was spinning as his body came to a halt. He opened his eyes and after a few seconds of focusing he realized where he was. The explosion had gone off here moments prior. He knew this could he could see the indentation in the ground where it had gone off. he put his hand down in an attempt to get up and felt a really cold liquid, as well as magic infused dirt. He began to quickly examine it as the ground underneath them began rumbling.

Archie was busy looking around to see where the rumbling was coming from. Adonis took this opportunity to more closely examine the dirt and water. The water was, from what he could tell, pure spring water from a place deep underground. The dirt was just ordinary dirt, but a recent burst of magic had infused the dirt with mana to the point Adonis could not manipulate it.

Adonis stood up and wiped his hand off on his dirt and blood stained pants and quickly rushed over to Kit and the female mage. “Quickly! We got to get outta of here!” He grabbed the cage Kit was in and pushed into into the females chest and quickly ushered her to the stairs to get out

“Where do you think you are going?” Archie cried out in rage as he rushed at the party as they tried to escape.

“Out of here!” Adonis said as the rumbling got louder and the hole in the ground started to spout water. Without hesitation Adonis charged Archie and hit him with an uppercut and then brought up his leg and kicked Archie as hard as he could. He smirked as he realized this place would begin to flood and it was going to be either him or Archie that would lose the struggle for oxygen, but in the end he had allowed the two important people to get free.

"Oh I don't give a shit what is happening anymore! This blade will find purchase within your stomach and while you bleed to death I will track down the other two and slowly murder them! you are nothing, Nothing but a mage!"

"You are damn right I am!" Adonis shouted with pride as the rumbling got louder and louder.
    Last edited by Solar Haven; 02-25-16 at 12:23 PM.

GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile
    A large geyser erupted from the basement of the house, tearing through the main floor of the house and gushing several feet into the air. After a few moments the geyser receded to a slight trickle as the house collapsed. Kit squirmed and the cage fell from the female Mage's arms. when The cage hit the ground it split open, Kit rolled out and fell flat on her face. Kit then proceeded to crawl over to the cellar entrance. Kit started whimpering as she sniffed around for Adonis' scent.

“Don't worry girl, I'm here” Adonis grunted as he crashing lumber could be heard from inside. He couldn’t see where Archie had went and knew he had to get out of the basement. Several pieces of lumber had fallen on him, many originally pinning or piercing some piece of muscle.

Adonis climbed over a broken beam and noticed a book on a table labelled 'Research Notes'. Adonis made his way over and grabbed it. He turned around to see the exit, He quickly climbed over some beams and crawled out of the basement as more beams collapsed where he was just standing prior.

Adonis promptly flopped onto his back and let out an exasperated sigh as he clasped his arm. He was now free and his mind relaxed releasing all the blocked pain. Kit crawled over to where Adonis was laying and kept nudging his shoulder.

“Don't worry, I am still alive girl” Adonis seethed as he felt his shoulder pop slightly.

“Barely, how did you know the building was going to come down?” The female Mage asked as she knelt down next to Adonis.

“I didn't, I just could feel the ungodly torrent of water about to erupt down there. We were either going to drown or the building was going to sustain heavy damage and then collapse.” Adonis cringed as Kit started to poke his nose into his fresh wound.

“Well regardless of how you knew, I am thankful you were there. You saved my life, I would have been raped and murdered if it wasn’t for you.” She leaned over and gave Adonis a kiss on the cheek. Adonis went red and smiled. Normally in this situation he would of walked away embarrased but he was exhausted and could barely move.

“Yeah, but I wasn't able to save the other Mages down there” He said as the smile quickly left his face and he Kit forced herself under his hand getting free ear scratches.

“No one could of saved everyone down there, not once he found out the army was on their way” She said as she offered to help Adonis to his feet.

“I guess, if only there was more time” Adonis sighed as turned around and picked up Kit. “The name is Adonis by the way, Figured after all we have been through you might as well know my name.”

“Clara” She replied as she walked beside Adonis “Nice to meet you, Adonis”

Adonis smiled and nodded in response as he looked down at Kit. She had curled up into a ball on top of the research notes that Adonis had stolen from Archie. There was a loud bang as more wooden beams shifted from the debris of Archie's house. Adonis stopped and turned around just in time to see Archie slither out of it. Adonis quickly handed Clara the book and Kit as he stepped in front of her.

“You got guts kid, Shame I have to show you them!” Archie cried out as blood dripped down from his forehead. Adonis knew that if Archie had any tricks up his sleeve. He couldn't take much of a beating, his arm was missing a chunk, So fighting hand to hand was out of the question, and he was unable to even use his magic. He had to think of something quick or else all this would of been for nothing!
    Last edited by Solar Haven; 02-25-16 at 01:02 PM.

GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile
    Adonis' eyes narrowed as he shot daggers towards Archie. His basic instincts were beginning to take over and began to cause more feral thoughts. Kit must have been rubbing off on him. Guttural growls could just barely be heard emanating from Adonis, His glare more intense then the sun.

“Adonis? What are you” Clara trailed off as Adonis started to walk forward towards Archie.

“One.” Adonis whispered as his pupils dilated.

“What was that BOY? You counting? Well I am glad someone finally learned the basics.” Archie chuckled as he began walking towards the Trio.

“Two.” The Battered Mage said a bit louder and with more conviction this time as his pace began to quicken.

“What? You going to put me on time out big boy? or are you just going to spank me for being a bad boy?" Archie flashed a big toothy grin.

“Three.” Adonis said as his eyes completely flashed a bright blue.

Archie stopped dead in his tracks, the toothy grin quickly dissolving to a worried expression.

“Four!” Adonis shouted as his arm shot forward. The ground rumbled quickly as a wall of solid earth erupted from the ground knocking Archie off balance. The berserking mage was now in a dead sprint forward ready to lay into the demon in front of him.

Archie began to get back up to his feet, surprised and confused by the recent turn of events. He stood up just in time to hear a growled word belt out of his assailant just before a fist connected with his skull at a blistering pace.

“Five.” Adonis exhaled as he felt his eyes growing dim. He was still under the effects of the Mage poison so performing any form of magic would be quite taxing.

Archie was far from done, in fact in the split second it took Adonis' fist to collide with his skull he had already implemented a counter attack. He may have been sent flying back into the debris, but Adonis was coming with. There was a terrible secret that Archie kept from everyone in the town. Adonis was going to find out what exactly that was, the hard way.

Adonis' foot was ripped out from underneath him, causing him to fall, smashing his head off the moist ground. The dissoriented Mage didn't have time to wonder what had just happened as he was pulled up into the air and quickly slammed back down into the debris of the house.

“Pitiful, Just pitiful!” Archie spat as a crimson glob landed on a broken piece of wood. “You claim to be a Mage, yet you can't defend against one?”

Adonis' felt his consciousness begin to leave him as a wave of warmth surrounded him. Within seconds he felt reinvigorated, stronger then ten fully grown oxen. There was a sudden explosion as all the debris around him began to disintegrate.

“Adonis, This man is a Mage. He slaughtered thousands of his Kin, his brethren, YOU need to get vengeance for all those that he has killed! I understand your reservations to kill. You think there is always a way to settle things with words, but look at this man. Is he someone who will reason with words? The only way to stop any more people from being slaughtered is to kill this man. Teach him what it is like to feel hopeless, to have his very life essence drained from him. Let all your Mage brethren rest in peace knowing this monster has been put to rest!” A voice warmer then a million loving mothers, more harmonious then a symphony of angels, could be heard. It wasn't one, but hundreds of voices in harmony with each other. Adonis felt the warmth focus around his body and knew what he was being asked to do.

”Don't worry brothers and sisters. I will put this man down, I understand completely that ending one life can save thousands of others.” The warmth that Adonis originally thought was geothermal heat became clear to him as he opened his eyes.

As Adonis casually stepped down from the pile of debris, light erupting from below, an explosion destroyed what was left of the house. Then something that would forever haunt Archie's nightmares, and chase away Clara's worst dreams, happened. The light bent. It began to swirl around Adonis, empowering him, healing him, making him stronger then he had ever been.

As the last of the light disappeared into the young battle mage his eyes began to glow and let off what appeared to be steam. It looked like his eyes were boiling with how much steam was leaving them. Adonis was so full of magic it was leaking out of his every pore.

The ground began to rumble, the earth cracked, as water geysers surged up around Archie. Archie was almost entirely surrounded by water, he could only see Adonis sauntering towards him, Elements circling around the young battle mage. It was now Archie's time to feel like all the other mage's he had slain.
    Last edited by Solar Haven; 02-25-16 at 01:25 PM.

GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile
    Adonis wasn’t going to let this be over quickly, not after everything Archie had done. Archie was going to suffer, just like he made every single one of his victims suffer. Now all this power came with a downside to it, Adonis didn’t know how to properly control this much magic power. He cracked his knuckles as he approached Archie causing ripples of lightning to crack forward. When Adonis rolled his shoulders flames seem to spew out from his back like wings. The earth seemed to rearrange itself under his every step. firming up to make sure he has a solid place to land.

Adonis crouched down low and took off at a sprint jumping through an unwall that he quickly opened up, with all this magic power he shot passed his target and on the other side. Archie looked around cause as far as he knew his target just disappeared. he turned around in time to get a Boulder of earth hitting him square in the face as it exited an unwall. Adonis snapped his fingers and cause a massive corridor of earth to erupt on both sides of the fighters, stopping Archie from escaping.

“You will now Suffer despair like all the Mages you have tortured and killed in that house of yours. I pray the gods are merciful on your soul for i will not be.”

“You Will not get a chance to get your vengeance Mage, I apologize. But today is the day the Army finally ends this. Stand down mage, That is an order!” A commanding voice came from behind.

“I do not belong to any army, I don't have to obey an order… Sir!” Adonis replied as his right arm out stretched and sent an earth wall barreling into Archie’s back. “This man has tortured and killed hundreds if not thousands of mages! I can not simply let him get away with it!”

“Adonis Michael Cedric Cannon, This is an order from Guard Captain Whatsif, Stand the fuck down.” Another voice bellowed. This one startling Adonis, someone knew his full name, and Whatsif? could it be?

Adonis lowered his hand and slowly turned around to face Guard captain Whatsif. “Whatsif? What are you doing here? you should be back home keeping my father safe! not here parading about with the Imperial Army.” The accumulated Magic power that Adonis had accrued was starting to slip away and his body began to feel heavier.

“Your father sent us to take care of this trouble maker, you know full well what happens to anyone that disobeys the King.” Whatsif said as he nodded to the commander, within seconds two chains were flung out and wrapped around each arm of Archie forcing him to stand upright with his arms outstretched.

Adonis saw his chance, he quickly summed up the remaining magical power and shattered the Earth wall that was around them opening up the battle field to see just how many of the Army was actually here, there must of been thousands for just this one man. Adonis didn’t care this man had slaughtered countless mage's, all because he felt like it. So you know what? Adonis for once in his life felt like killing someone, felt like exacting Justice upon someone and it was Archie.
    Adonis Slammed his fist into the ground as hard as he could exerted all of the magical power that was left within him and sent a thin but strong earthen wall straight up and through Archie; Cleaving him in half. Once Adonis saw that Archie was indeed dead he collapsed, unable to move a muscle and all he could see was the rush of people to his side.

==============

Adonis awoke to the sweet smell of wet grass in the warm summer air as a gentle breeze wafted over his face. He shot up with a start only to scream out in agony.

“That wasn’t really smart now was it? you are Suffering from Magically induced Hypersensitivity, any movement you do is going to cause you extreme agony. Not many people survive being pumped full of even a quarter of the magic you were. Let alone all the different types.” a familiar female voice said as she helped slowly lay Adonis back down.

“Clara?! What do you mean? magical endu-What?”

“I guess i should explain from the beginning. The Army you saw was really a private army hired to find out exactly what Archibald was up to. I am one of them, however if it wasn't for you i would not be one of them right now. we had gathered all the Intel we needed and so we were coming in to clean up the town and make the woods safe for travel when you showed up.”

“Wait.. Mercenaries? but what about Whatsif?”

“That was a magically induced vision, your body was starting to overheat and shut down by the time the army arrived. when I saw you get stuck inside that magical cascade I thought for sure you were going to bite the dust. your whole conversation with ‘Whatsif’ was mostly inside your head, I mean we all heard and saw everything you did, including cleaving Archibald in half.” Clara crossed her legs as Adonis noticed she was no longer in the rags he had seen her in before. but a more mastercrafted leather cuirass. “You are one impressive Mage, however because of your overstimulation to magic you are on strict bed rest for quite a few days while you get better. Even clothes will bring you agony at the moment, hence we stripped you to be safe.”

Adonis looked down and as quick as he could made sure he was covered. “That doesn't answer how Whatsif, or whoever it was, how they knew my real name.”

“We knew your full name cause there is a bounty out for your return home, the bounty is full of the rumors including that you are a mage that travels with a bright white fox that does not belong to these lands. Shortly after encountering you I knew it had to be you. Although the picture does not do you justice, you are much more rugged and handsome then depicted.”

“What do you mean? bounty? who would want me back?”

“Your Father, he also claimed you could never hurt anybody or anything… you sure proved him wrong the other night.”

“Other night? How long have I been out?” Adonis asked as he started to get concerned about Kit’s whereabouts

“3 Days, 2 nights” She said without hesitation “You over did yourself just a little bit. I have been tasked, as well as a few others, to stay here until you are safe to travel and then we are to request you accompany us back to your home.”

“Why? Why would I go home? I left for a reason” Adonis said as he slowly turned away from Clara “Me and my Father never got along”

“Apparently he misses you, or something major has happened and he needs you home. What about your mother? do you get along well with her? maybe she put the bounty out under your father's name to try and get you home”

“Me and my mother always did get along, but once I ran away from home there wasn't much in ways of communication. and with me being gone for 6 years I doubt much has changed with my father.”

“You ignored the part about your mother putting the bounty out for your safe return home”

“She knew I was leaving before I did, she wouldn't of put a bounty out on me.”

“Regardless, you cost us a pretty sizable bounty for taking him in alive, so you owe us… you get a free ticket home with me next to you the whole way.” Clara said with a smirk as she folded her arms across her chest.

“Well then it can’t be all bad now can it” Adonis smirked as he turned to face Clara “Once I am fully recovered though? I rather not see my father while injured.”

“Fine First thing once you have recovered we will head on back to see your Father, The King.”

Make It So
    EXP: 23,137, Level: 6
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 3,863
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,863
    GP

Name
    Rayleigh Aston
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brunette
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'3 / 115
    Job
    Mechanic

View Profile
    Thread: Turning Point
    Participant: Solar Haven
    Type: Workshop

Congratulations!

Solar Haven receives:
    620 EXP
    80 GP
    Althy's Judging Admin
    To try or not to try. To take a risk or play it safe.
    Your arguments have reminded me how precious the right to choose is.
    And because I've never been one to play it safe, I choose to try.