Human
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11"/139lbs

View Profile
    Ruby discarded Lucrezia into the ether. She looked down at the ground. Instead of supporting her friend, she burst into laughter. She would never admit how much enjoyment she got seeing him brought down a peg.

“You know, despite you being a perverted and insidious individual, you ain’t half bad.”

“Thanks luv,” the tiefling said. Even Junior, who relented in his haunting of the bard, looked promisingly at the matriarch.

“Don’t get comfortable with th-” she began, but Duffy cut her short.

“-you bloke my noose!” he whelped.

Ruby rolled her eyes, and finally turned to help him up. She held out her hand, half-yanked him to his feet, and sidestepped the trail of blood that fell in his rise. It left a line down his left cheek and a pool on the city streets.

“I’ll break something more precious than your nose if you don’t stop moaning,” she snapped. Her scalding did not help the bard’s ego, or his mood. For a brief moment, he almost cried.

“What’s 'is game?” Aurelianus said with disgust.

Ruby had to wonder herself. She stepped close to Duffy, rested her hands on his shoulders, and caught his gaze so he had to look at her. Instantly, she recognised a loneliness and suffering she had almost forgotten he dwelt in day in, and day out. She frowned.

“Let’s just say he’s had a rough week,” was her natural reply.

Duffy gave her a curt nod, and bit his bottom lip to prevent himself from tearing up. It would not help the rising agony in his shin, his bleeding nose, or the continued presence of the Tap in his body. Only in the heat of pursuit, the madness of purpose, could he forget what had happened to him. He thought he had lost Ruby, for just a minute too long.

“Ain’t it ‘alf,” he nodded grimly. He looked at Duffy, shrugged, and then took another drag. Given they had just hounded him not just through a cityscape, but through planes and portals, he was not one to fall for sympathy. Ever.

“Let’s get to the castle, I daresay we could all use a little refreshment,” Ruby said softly.

“That’s the first good thing you’ve said all day,” he said with relish. He took one last pull and flicked the dog end away.

Duffy conjured his cane into his right hand. He snorted blood, and steadied himself as best he could. His stomach rumbled, his limbs shook, and his breathing was strained, coarse, and pitched.

“Don’t speak of this agreement to anyone,” she warned. “Most of all don’t even look at Luned.” She remembered a promise Duffy had made, and covered their tracks. Only the scribe scared Ruby more than Aurelianus. “Shall we?” She held out her arm.

Aurelianus looked at her with distrust. Whatever the pikin’ wankers (his go to title for the duo from here on in) were up to seemed far too wholesome and quaint. He frowned, but took her hand anyway.

“Is there whiskey?” he asked absent-minded.

“Oh, count on it. Will you have a dram with us? We put on a warm welcome to newcomers,” she chirped with hospitality drilled into her after decades of domestic platitude.

Aurelianus grinned from quill to quill.

"Well, seein' the 'warm welcome' you sods are givin' me 'ere…I'm goin' to get absolutely cunt drunk, luv."

They vanished from Salvar’s streets in a trio of turquoise thunderstorms.
    Last edited by Mordelain; 11-10-13 at 09:33 PM.

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    Thread Title: Cunt Drunk Love
    Judgment Type: Condensed Rubric
    Participants: Ruby & Aurelianus Drak'shal

Plot: 21/30

The story was simple, yet engaging. All in all, Aurelianus stirred up a riot, tangoed with a well endowed Phoenix-Witch, and loosely agreed to offer his services to the group known as Chronicle. Overall, Aurelianus shone strong in the writing. The vast array of vocabulary painted a colorful scene and was precise enough to clearly visualize the current happenstance in the story. Ruby played off Aurelianus's personality in her posts keeping in tune with his personality. The one major weakness occurred after Ruby fell off the cliff and her quick overpowering of the situation. This jerked the story into another direction. During this transition, it seemed unclear between the writers what setting they were operating in. Ruby had snapped them back to Salvar, but her follow up post remarked off the previous setting of Gehenna. Aurelianus repeated the transition in his follow up post thereby doubling the event. A read through would have caught this. Overall, a little more description into Ruby's actions would have added more strength in comparison to Aurelianus's detailed posts. Repetition of "sod", "chit", and "pikin" also slightly detracted from the flow. Although these words are colorful and unique, the repetition of which made them mundane. This was minor, as it seemed more of a cultural trait of the character - or slang equivalents of "bastard", "bitch", and "fuckin" to which would be commonly used in darker personalities.

Character: 20/30

Aurelianus shone through with a distinct and unique personality. The insight to his thoughts, body language, and overall presence ooze and identifies with his race. The banter with Ruby and emotional investment in the overall situation build a believable mindset. This effectively allows the reader to step into the shoes of the character and experience the story rather than be an omniscient onlooker. Both Aurelianus and Ruby maintained a consistent persona for their characters and created a solid interaction with one another.

Prose: 21/30

Overall, the story was well written. There still existed a minor punctuation and capitalization error here and there, but nothing and detracted from the flow. Word repetition, on the other hand, did do some harm. In certain paragraphs, identical identifiers used to distinguish the subject of the actions was duplicated. Use of actions regarding appendages or surrounding environment can add more diversity on conveying events without the need to refer to the acting character. This was not a major detractor, but was noticeable.

Wildcard: 9/10

I just want to say that I did not want to judge this thread initially. I ran over some of the open requests to see what kind of content they had and I ended up reading through this entire thread. For those that do not know me, I actually hate reading and will only continue to do so willingly if the story can completely detach me from reality and bring me into fantasy. This did just that. Personally, Aurelianus stole the light of this show, but Ruby did provide the necessary banter and element to keep it engaging. I am impressed and oddly enough, want to read more. Please keep up the posting and show me more of what you can do.

Final Score: 71/100

Aurelianus Drak'shal receives:

• 1,575 EXP!
    • 200 GP!

Ruby receives:

• 1,575 EXP!
    • 200 GP!

Congratulations!
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    EXP & GP Added!
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123