Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ixian Knights Recruitment Drive Spectacular!

GP

Name
    Commandant Alaxai
    Race
    Half Human/Half High Elf
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    5'10 170lb
    Job
    Imperial Knight

Name: Alexai Mortain
    Alignment: Good (Extreme Good)
    Team: Mercenary/Public Face
    Good Fit: Well im a creative individual that can on a good day Create vivid scenes with only a few sentences. Other than that im not to sure what im supposed right here.
    Skills: Skilled Swordsman, Barterer/Haggler, Cloth and Leather Crafter.

Sample: "Its raining again..." says the boy who's using what's left on his back to cover his head from the rain. Shuffling out of an alley the boy reaches a covered threshold where he leans against he semi-dry wall. Seconds later he shifts down and is now sitting against the wall, the ground is now starting to puddle. "God." he mumbles as he looks at the road threw the thick sheets of rain. In the distance he can see two smaller children being corralled indoors by their mother, and further down a dog finding shelter under a bridge. "This is complete shit!" he says to himself "What is wrong with this place. Where is the Happiness in the world." he begins to weep uncontrollably tears mixing with the rain on his face. "I need to get out of this place..." he regains control of himself of himself and stands up, recovers his head with his shirt. Then he focuses and sets off into the rain.

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    There we go, Commy! Welcome Aboard. I'll talk with Taka and/or Zerith and Ozoric about your team placement and have a thread for your recruitment soon.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

GP

Name
    Commandant Alaxai
    Race
    Half Human/Half High Elf
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    5'10 170lb
    Job
    Imperial Knight

Honestly idc where I am put just wherever u think ill be best in;p

EXP: 164, Level: 1
    Level completed: 9%, EXP required for next level: 1,836
    Level completed: 9%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,836
    GP

Name
    Dein Vander
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Long Red
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'10 160lb
    Job
    Wandering Healer

Name: Dein Vander
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Team: Public Face

I believe that I would fit in the IK with my character's healer arts, which would come across as a positive attribute for our reputation. I also can deliberate with others well, normally winning.

Sample:

A fountain of red, blood spilling out of a man mouth, covering his hands as he tries to cover his coughing. A crowd of people all over come by some sort of illness, many of them on the ground dying or dead. The scene begins to look like a dismal display of an evil curse. The sky is so dark as if the moon is even hiding from this atrocity, and the ground covered by a thick layer of fog.

Riding up on a graceful stead a man in pink enters the crowd "What happening here?!?" Dein says as he quickly dismounts his horse. His face is taken with fear as the crowd slowly turn to him and all continue feel their sickness. On instinct Dein raises his hand and to the nearest person and attempts to use his magic. A flash of white elegant light engulfs the man as his healing releases his illness. Again and again white light flashes over the citizens, but no matter his efforts his spell is not strong enough to over come this curse.

After a futile hour of Dein relentlessly trying to alleviate this plague from the citizens around him, there is no one left standing. All of the people are dead other than Dein himself who is kneeling in a pool of blood staring into the sky. Blood specs scatter his face as all emotion is stricken from it, this had been his first failure.

"I vow on my honor to never let something like this ever happen ever again." Dein mutters as one tear falls from his eye.

GP

Name
    Rhaenar Talon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Silver
    Build
    6'0" / 204lbs
    Job
    Mercenary

View Profile
    Name: Rhaenar Talon

Character Alignment: True Neutral

What Team you'd like to join: Mercenary or Monster Hunting

Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: As a open-minded citizen of Fallien he has seen many monsters throughout his travels in Fallien and as a mercenary he has experienced being hired on to do assignments.
    Skills you think could benefit us: As stated above Rhaenar is a citizen of Fallien so he is well educated in the survival of desert and mountainous regions. He is also knowledgeable in the fauna and flora that call these regions home. On top of that he skilled in both a sword and hand-to-hand combat. He also has the ability to summon a wolf-like fauna in life-threatening circumstances.

Writing Sample:

Silence. Silence is what he tried to stay as he canter along down the windy trail, the towering sandstone walls that disrupted the peaceful tranquility of the rolling sea of sands shrunk in size into it gave away to a rickety blend of chains, ropes, and rotting planks that seem to give away to any sudden movement. The rickety monstrosity that the pair trotted across gave the mercenary no worry though. Desert Breeze pranced across the rotting planks with such graceful strides that it almost seem like a dance, mesmerizing most that cautiously passed by. This stallion had intelligence unknown to most breeds except for the legendary breed that hail from the herds of horses that the tribes of the Oasis breed, and Desert Breeze was of the finest of the breed.

Instead, Rhaenar let his silver orbs stay on his partner as he soaked in the words that she spoke trying to discern any information on the job or on her that he could. Years spent taking contract after contract has caused him to become suspicious, especially since a few of those contracts ended with some trying to double cross him. Yet, no matter what Rhaenar had always ended up with what he was promised just with more blood being shed than was expected; however, if he could find out about this possible deception before it was too late and prevent any unneeded bloodshed well that was more preferable way to go.

As they leveled out onto the dock he finally ended both his information seeking and silence, "Ah, finally away from the horrible smell of outsiders. Don't you just think the smell of desert sands is just transcendental?" To emphasize his point he takes a long deep breathe and lets out a long sigh enjoying the sweet scent of home.

The pair both unsaddle from their steeds; Rhaenar leading they walk down the docks with their steeds reins in hands passing. As they walk down the length of the dock they leave behind the cheaper vessels, which seem to be just thrown together with whatever float able object the owners could scavenge, for the more stable, expensive barges made of wood. Yes, it cost more for one of these barges, but you had insurance that half way across the waters of the Attireyi the vessel would not collapse under you and sink to the watery depths.

He turns to the side as his companion as he remembers her inquiry into his past, a slight frown slips across his lips as the thoughts of the last years of life with his father come to mind. His past life was a difficulty for him to speak of and usually he made up a story in order to satisfy a noisy contractor; however, this woman and him were going to spend some time together during this contract so eventually the truth would reveal itself in one form or another.

Rhaenar politely smiles and tells her, "I was born in the Nirrakal region or The Blight which it is commonly nicknamed. My mother was a shaman of the Mi’sheteri. A very strong, yet strange woman. Rye was her name. She would tell me a story about a story about 'The Children' and how they came to be. One night she left though and I have never seen her since. My father was a foreigner, a Skavian is what they call them I believe. He came to seek knowledge unlike most of his brethren who were mindless brutes. The day after my mother left we left the tribe to follow her; however, we never found her. We became mercenaries my father and I for the Oasis tribes. One day we were ambushed and he died. Now its only Desert Breeze and me. That's my story."

At the end of the dock they came upon a medium-sized barge compared to the rest of the ones on the dock. Sitting on the railings that go along the entire length of the deck of the vessel was a stout Fallien native with a pipe in his mouth. After blowing a circular smoke from the pipe he placed it on the railing and leaped off of it onto the deck.

He looked the pair up and down seriously with intense dark brown eyes; after he finished a smile cracked across his face and he shouted, "Oi, Rhaenar your presence brings joy to my old soul, and who is this lovely lass you have with ya?"

Rhaenar hugs the man before spinning around wrapping his arm around the man's shoulders, "Its nice to see you again to Faran. This here is my contractor Mordelain, and we need passage on your fine vessel here."

"Twenty coins should be good enough for passage for the two of you and your steeds."

"Ah come on Faran. How long have I been coming to you for passage across the Attireyi? Five years I believe, so can't you give me a discount. How about fifteen coins and I will buy you an ale once I come back."

Two of his fingers rub the length of his long wispy beard as he ponders on the idea. Another large smile appears on his lips before he claps Rhaenar on the back, "Fifteen coins it is, and I want two mugs of ale. And not any of horseshit stuff. Only the good strong Fallien Wine will do."

Smiling Rhaenar rummages through the leather pouch that Mordelain gave to him earlier and drops the agreed fifteen coins into the oustretched hand of Faran, "A deal it is then."

He then walks back to Desert Breeze and grabs his reins pulling him towards the barge with Mordelain following, their adventure about to finally begin.

Screw You, Andy.
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    Welcome, both of you! Dein, if you wanna PM either Lancer Newella or Zerith to get started on Public Face, feel free.

Talon, since Taka is currently MIA, I'll throw you in Monster Hunters. Please PM Arden Janelle with how you guys wanna go about your quest.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

EXP: 27,000, Level: 6
    Level completed: 47%, EXP required for next level: 8,000
    Level completed: 47%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,000
    GP

Name
    Xilium Rupertus
    Race
    Half Human/ Half Vampire
    Hair Color
    Black with white highlights
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    6'0
    Job
    Wanderer

Hey Sei, willing to join whenever, would like to get IC thread going at some point to play it out. Just wanted to get in there if you wanted me in before the war started. We can do the IC thread as a prequel basic and just throw some ideas back and forth so I can use it as backstory during the war. Anyway PM me or talk to me in chat about it. I really do want to do this in character at some point, hope that isn't a issue : ).
    Witchblade called first thread, Sei gets dibs after that. I will spread the love soon I promise : )

EXP: 59,200, Level: 10
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,800
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,800
    GP

Name
    Findelfin ap Fingolfin
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Golden
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'2", 220 lbs
    Job
    General of Raiaera, Diadem of Telendor Nauvarin

Name: Findelfin ap Fingolfin
    Character Alignment: Neutral Good
    What Team you'd like to join: Monster Hunt or Public Face
    Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: You seem like generally good guys. I'm also looking, as a player, to find some new place to breathe life into my character after concluding his role in the Corpse War. I see this as an opportunity to develop him anew.
    Skills you think could benefit us: Findelfin has wide contacts across the continents, significant skill as a tactician and commander, and significant martial prowess.
    Writing Sample (Can be from a quest or off the top of your head): http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=19949
    Last edited by Sighter Tnailog; 03-05-14 at 10:12 PM.
    Exile of Raiaera

"He who has knowledge of the just and the good and beautiful ... will not, when in earnest, write them in ink, sowing them through a pen with words which cannot defend themselves by argument and cannot teach the truth effectually."
    --Plato, Phaedrus

Althanas Staff Administrator Emeritus

Screw You, Andy.
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    I think good ol Fin would be perfect in Public Face, actually. Since Jensen is already in a fight with you, we can make that your recruitment, friend!

Xil, is there a particular team you'd like to be a part of?

EXP: 53,501, Level: 9
    Level completed: 96%, EXP required for next level: 499
    Level completed: 96%,
    EXP required for next level: 499
    GP

Name
    Arden Janelle
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    5'10"/179lbs
    Job
    Guild Van

Given recent events in Scara Brae, and the death of Duffy Bracken, Arden Janelle is returning to his home to contend with the conflict against Oblivion.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast