View Poll Results: How would you prefer we handle the next round?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Round 2, 2 Chambers.

9 45.00%
  • 12 Man Free For All Finals!

4 20.00%
  • I don't care. Having a lot of fun/not interested either way.

3 15.00%
  • Hypothetical Scenario.

4 20.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would YOU like to see in the Cell?

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile

What would YOU like to see in the Cell?

Simply put, I've heard varying opinions on how to handle the next round of The Cell. Some people want 2 more rounds, some want a 12 man free for all, some don't even care. As such, I've listed the options. Please note, the vote won't be considered unless there is a post to accompany it. Also, one vote per person please. Here's the options:

Round 2: Simply put, we have a Round 2 with 2 seperate Cells, 6 men each cell, and the top 3 of each cell go to the finals.

FFA: Free for all. 12 characters enter, 1 character leaves. All in ONE THREAD!

Don't Care: You don't care either way.

Hypothetical Scenario: Someone proposed at one point that we do two seperate chambers, and half way through the round, actually merge them into one. If this gets the most votes, I'll figure out how to do it/score it before it's time to judge.

Anyways, those are your options. Voting will be open until Wednesday.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

EXP: 49,568, Level: 9
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next level: 4,432
    Level completed: 56%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,432
    GP

Name
    Draug Remi
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Bright yellow surrounded by black
    Build
    6'3 / Muscular

View Profile
    I personally prefer the original plan of top 3 from the 3 chambers for a 9-man final chamber. It's hard to build up suspense for the final chamber if they have to spend another round doing it all over again. It's also a huge time investment, and this may be an event that actually ends on time with relatively little attrition. A 12 person chamber is a bit too much, and I would prefer that over the 2 chamber solution, but I think 1 round with 9 people is ideal.
    Last edited by Abomination; 10-06-13 at 12:30 AM.

Wayward Scribe
    EXP: 24,427, Level: 6
    Level completed: 64%, EXP required for next level: 2,573
    Level completed: 64%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,573
    GP

Name
    Luned Bleddyn
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Chestnut
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'4"/Average
    Job
    Chronicler

View Profile
    I also prefer the original plan. Burnout risk is pretty high with how intense that got. I'd rather have an equally awesome final round than risk interest/availability petering out into a lackluster conclusion.

* Adding elaboration: by "original plan" I mean no extra round and no split chambers, just the typical clusterfuck of a finale. With the stories at least a couple of us have planned, the middle bit could end up pretty awkward, especially if we face the same people multiple times and spend all of our plotting power before the end. Rejoining two chambers could hamper stories pretty hard with all the variables. I don't expect to win, but I do hope to get some actual IC development out of it.
    Last edited by Luned; 10-06-13 at 01:24 AM.
    • • • art

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    We're not doing 9. The Chambers all met the deadline I provided. If anything, it will be 12.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

GP

Name
    Chelle
    Race
    Alaskan
    Hair Color
    blonde
    Eye Color
    brown
    Build
    5'1.5"// not saying
    Job
    housewife/mommy

View Profile
    As an onlooker, I agree with Luned and Abomination. The original plan (top 3 to equal 9) is many times better. Also, if you hadn't arbitrarily added in/changed things after The Cell had already started, you wouldn't have this issue now.

EXP: 2,400, Level: 2
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 2,600
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,600
    GP

Name
    Adonis Michael Cedric Cannon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile
    I do like the 12 man free for all, as it got my vote. However it would be way to chaotic, Anita's chamber was 6 men (kinda 5) battling it out, and that was kinda chaotic.

the two chambers 6 people each sounds like a better idea, HOWEVER we do run into the risk of people not being able to post, or people just loosing interest.

for the plot point fiasco... i have no idea what is so bad about that... just add a new dynamic to it... keep it going, you can still get the IC Development you so want, just think outside the box (or ask the higher ups to rig the random placement so you arent with your plot buddy)

And the merging of the cells.... could work... if we wait till each cell drops to 2 or 3 people... and then collapse the wall in between or teleport them into the next chamber.

Sexy Immortal
    EXP: 149,516, Level: 16
    Level completed: 86%, EXP required for next level: 2,484
    Level completed: 86%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,484
    GP

Name
    Jensen Ambrose
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black Red Tips
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11, 154
    Job
    Senior Knight of the Apocalypse

Why can't we do 9 way final round? Curiosity is all. .///.
    I could laugh...
    ...Till I die!

Avatar Edited to Look AMAZING by Sagequeen

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    I know I said on AIM I wanted to go 3 rounds, but I'm realizing the points others have made here from my own perspective. I would prefer to just take the top three from each bracket, 12 people posting every day is so messy (and much less competitive). I also feel like everyone got their licks in - the only person I was concerned would get an unfair advantage with this going one week was Warpath (due to attrition), but he stepped it up the last few days and his posts have been outstanding, so considering the other chambers concluded way early, I'd say it's fair cop all around.

Sorry for changing my mind, but I really hadn't thought it through. If going straight to 9 seems like cutting it short, what about 9 winners plus a high score wildcard, and/or make this round go two weeks?
    Last edited by Breaker; 10-06-13 at 02:43 AM.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

EXP: 100, Level: 1
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next level: 1,900
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,900
    GP

Name
    Dr.Why
    Race
    Kallian
    Hair Color
    SiLver
    Eye Color
    Gold/Silver

View Profile
    I think 2 chambers will be best, as Anita, with only 5 people and a guy on a rock was chaotic. The 12 FFA would just be a massacre by the two powerfuls.
    " I am going to count the three, and move the coin"-Magneto, who is not afraid to get what he wants through blood

"There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying."--Sarah Dessen

Threads-Red Skies and Red Blood Stains

Memento Mori
    EXP: 53,567, Level: 9
    Level completed: 96%, EXP required for next level: 433
    Level completed: 96%,
    EXP required for next level: 433
    GP

Name
    Witchblade
    Race
    Unknown
    Hair Color
    Black, like her soul
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    5'9 / 130lbs
    Job
    Murderer

I like the idea of just doing the final round now, instead of doing a second round. The Cell is really hard in terms of time limits, and frankly, I work full time AND go to school, I don't have the ability to put that much of my life on hold just to keep up with a posting time limit.
    Do you ever Feel like a Monster?

Do you dare to read The Diary of the Dead

Have you seen my Hollow Daydreams
    Or listened to this Serenade of Haunting Voices
    Pray for The Heart I Once Had
    Then grant A Rose For The Dead'

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast